jump to last post 1-24 of 24 discussions (32 posts)

Why do you fan?

1. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Ok, I know this question has been brought up a few times here and there, and I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I really am curious...what makes you want to become someone's fan? Because you truly like their hubs and writing style or because they became your fan and you want to return the love, or because they are new and you want to be encouraging or maybe all three? Or neither? Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

1. MissJamieD profile image81
      MissJamieDposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I become fans of the people's work that I admire, for diversity, content, and humility. I don't become a fan of someone just for being mine, sorry. But most people at HP are awesome and it's rare that I don't become a fan, but it has happened. There are a few people out there who only write about sex and beautiful women, I'm not fans of those. I need to see something more..........

2. Everyday Miracles profile image93
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I try to be fairly discerning when I fan someone. My primary criteria is that I enjoy the topics about which they write or am interested in the subjects they cover and learning more about them (the topics that is). Writing style isn't as important as the writer being interesting.

3. Cris A profile image61
    Cris Aposted 7 years ago

I become a fan for two reasons: I like how the hubber writes or I like what s/he has to say. cool

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

For the record, we'd prefer that people were only fans of Hubbers that they respect, and whose activity they want to follow.  It's a good idea to check who you are a fan of from time to time, and clear out the people whose new hubs you never bother to read.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image93
      Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I always read new hubs that I receive updates about. I don't always seem to get updated of every person who's fan club I belong to though!

5. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

I Fan people who I like the writing of, therefore I read what they post because I like what they write. I do fan people who fan me though, but some people I just don't if I can't find any hubs at all I find at least OK enough to me that I might read more from them.

6. Specificity profile image60
    Specificityposted 7 years ago

I fan people whose writing really interests me.  I have never just fanned someone because they fanned me.

7. mandybeau profile image58
    mandybeauposted 7 years ago

I fan if the person is writing good Hubs or if they interest me.

8. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I really just fan those I really enjoy. I try to make it to the hubs of those who fan me and like tharanx said- if their hubs are good and I like them, I fan them, too. Sometimes it takes a little while to get to view new hubbers thoung, get caught up in forums hehe

1. shibashake profile image85
      shibashakeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is so true. The Forums is like a black-hole. Whole days pass and I am still in my pajamas reading something from the Religion forum tongue

HubPages should post a warning - Proceed with caution. Can negatively affect your productivity and AdSense earnings smile

9. Trekkiemelissa profile image79
    Trekkiemelissaposted 7 years ago

Most of the people I have fanned are either the work I like or that I know them in some way.

10. Kelsey Tallis profile image79
    Kelsey Tallisposted 7 years ago

Me too, sometimes I'll fan them based more on their profile or the range of topics they write about. That way when I'm in the mood to read, I can go to my fan page and find them easily...

1. 0
      Janettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah. Kelsy, the profile is important--and i love the new pic too, you should keep it smile

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image79
        Kelsey Tallisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I like reading what people write in their profiles. Thanks about the pic (but I missed yours!) I might put mine in my poetry hubs though...

11. Feline Prophet profile image61
    Feline Prophetposted 7 years ago

I don't think about it that much...if I enjoy a person's writing style I become a fan. And quite often I become a fan of new hubbers...we all need some encouragement, don't we? I remember the excitement of bagging my earliest fans - made me feel quite like the cat's whiskers! big_smile

12. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago

I do it for many reasons.

Usually it's because I genuinely loved this persons Hub. Other times they've asked for help and they seem willing to learn (and to teach me back!) so..it just depends on the situation.

Sometimes its a mix of all things at once. We call these people friends. Ahh, hello friends. smile

13. Adrianna's Pages profile image60
    Adrianna's Pagesposted 7 years ago

...Still new to HP's, but so far have fanned those hubs I enjoyed/subject matter I'm interested in.

14. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago

I don't necessarily fan by hubs, I fan if the writer intrigues me.

15. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I am on my quest of knowledge and fan those that fill that cup for me so it floweths over lol really not a good poet, lol

16. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I fan because I appreciate how they write,
    I fan because I am reciprocating but sometimes just because they are new does not necessarily mean I always become a fan. I will read there articles first especially the ones without pics or avatars as sometimes some of them are spammers or shady. You will find who to fan and not to fan it all takes time. smile

17. LondonGirl profile image92
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

One reason only - I want to read stuff they write.

18. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Much of the time someone who becomes a fan writes similar Hubs, or at least has something similar in approach/style; so I find it's kind of natural for "fans of a feather to stick together".  I've fanned a couple of people based on reading one or two things, but then after a while I've discovered they've "gone off in another direction".

19. 0
    shreekrishnaposted 7 years ago

if your indication is towards me ,

then i want to tell something.

i had leaved all the fan clubs & done a fresh start.
    now i will join the fan clubs of those hubbers thaose have written good hubs ,\
    according to my nature.

1. 0

The question had nothing to do with you, shreekrishna--it was just a question I was curious about. As I said, the topic has come up in various ways and I wanted to know everyone's take on it. Don't give yourself so much credit LOL big_smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Everything is not about you all the time...

20. charanjeet kaur profile image61
    charanjeet kaurposted 7 years ago

lol this must be a sheer coincidence i was about to post a similar topic do you leave a fanmail? I have always left a reason as to why i was joining someones fan club. The reason alwyas has been an appreciation for the way they write and not just the fact that i become your fan you become mine.

1. 0

well, you know what they say--great minds think alike LOL
      I try to leave fanmail too. There is a reason I am becoming a fan, and I like for the person to know why. It makes you feel good too, when you receive fanmail, so I hope to make them happy too smile

21. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

"Why do you fan?"

Because sometimes I get hot roll

22. 61
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

Damn I have lost Lisa, all my hubs are in different directions. I fan whoever gets me interested or sometimes I just like the person from forum posts.

23. Christa Dovel profile image90
    Christa Dovelposted 7 years ago

I become a fan when I enjoy what a person has to say, or when I feel I could learn something from a person.  This does not mean that I will read everything a person writes, as some write multiple hubs a day.

24. sassychic profile image60
    sassychicposted 7 years ago

I truly become a fan of someone else because I feel they are really cool or I really like there talent and passion for writting. I love connecting to people with writting or conversation