The Hubber Cruise – does anyone want to join my luxury yacht?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (70 posts)
  1. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

The background: In the thread
    ‘If You Were To Date A Hubber Who Would It Be?’
    Jenny (Inspirepub) rashly volunteered to join my vessel as did Cindy (mistyhorizon2003).  Even as I write this, these two fine hubbing women are relaxing in separate parts of the ship as we inch our way through the clear waters of the Caribbean.  Cindy is splashing around in an Olympic size pool on the sundeck whilst Jenny is stretched out on a sun lounger with an ice bucket at her side, deep in a book on the psychology of Web 2.0.

What inspired them to join the voyage you may ask?  Obviously to spend time with one of the most interesting, exciting and charming men on HubPages (me of course!).  The fact that each lady has her own luxury suite with highspeed broadband (so they can carry on hubbing), satellite TV and 24 hour room service was not a factor in their decision.  Or that my helicopter is standing by on the flight deck ready to whisk them to the nearest airport where my private jet will take them home should they get bored with a life of unbelievable idleness and luxury.

Women are particularly welcome to join us but I’m not sexist so men are welcome too (as long as you don’t hit on Jenny or Cindy).  We are quite liberal here but no drugs as Amy Whitehouse is onboard and I’m hoping she’ll entertain us once she’s dry.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

Aw geez, Rik!  I hate deep water and am scared of going on a cruise ship.  Can't I fly to your port of call, instead?

3. Rik Ravado profile image86

Yes no problem Shirley but as its a virtual ship you're sure you don't want to risk it? - you'd be very welcome and I promise you won't get wet (except in the pool).

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can I have one of those blow-up ducky lifesavers to put around my waist?

4. Rik Ravado profile image86

Should you decide to join when I'm not around (I have a day job and have to sleep too) then make yourselves at home.  Theres a gym somewhere with a climbing wall, a garden with 3 cats (they belong to Cindy), a cafe, a bar or two (or three) a couple of clubs, a games room and a small theatre/cinema with plenty of musical instuments and loads of movies to watch.

Feel free to move the furniture around and discover more rooms/things to do.  One more thing.  If you bump into anyone famous don't ask them for their autograph - just treat them like normal human beings!

5. greeneyes127 profile image71
    greeneyes127posted 14 years ago

Hello! I'm greeneyes127 and new to hubpages. I'm still slithering around trying to figure out what I'm doing. This post did catch my eye (inspectressgreeneyes127). Where might this yacht be? Sounds like quite an adventure!

6. countrywomen profile image62
    countrywomenposted 14 years ago

Rik- Even if you didn't offer the other amenities just being close to my hub sister Cindy(Misty) is a reason enough for me to join. Btw I would love to have Pina colada (non alcoholic) along with couple of PG wodehouse books. And did you forget to include the advertising picture tongue http://www.eventective.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/1054616056_338203f158_o1.jpg

7. Rik Ravado profile image86

greeneyes - welcome to HubPages and my vessel - make yourself at home.  Thankfully countrywoman has provided a picture of the vessel.  We are somewhere in the Caribbean but my navigator knows where we are.

countrywoman - welcome onboard!  The non-alcoholic Pina Colada is in your hand and you'll find the library by the pool.  Loads of PG Wodehouse there as I quite like them too!  I think Cindy is by the pool chilling out after her swim.

8. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

How refreshing!!! I am on board!!!! Time to decompress.smile
    Where are we sailing to? St. Tropez? The Greek Islands? My bags are packed and I am ready to go. smile

9. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Well, if you have a library you definitely need a library technician to keep those books shelved and to order all the newest novels...I happen to have a diploma in that field smile

Just give me a desk in the shade with a jug of gin and tonic...

10. anjalichugh profile image68
    anjalichughposted 14 years ago

Hey Rik! Countrywomen is on board it seems. Count me in. We haven't talked for quite some time so just hoping to have a good long talk with her. Some good music and vodka or martini would be good enough for me. smile

1. countrywomen profile image62
      countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Anjali- It would be a pleasure. I love sun, sand and sea with delightful companyhttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/mybusiness/Smilies/sunningsmilie.gif

11. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Ah, perfect timing...I'm ready for a relaxing cruise in a warm climate.... Thanks for the invitation!  And just to ensure that I'm actually relaxing, I'm going to leave the laptop and cell phone back at home.  Sun, sun  and more sun, here I come!!! smile

12. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I'm lost and have no idea where to go tongue lol maybe if I navigate by the stars smile

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are to adorable!!!smile

13. Rik Ravado profile image86

Welcome all on board.  Dame Scribe I gather we are heading north from Monserrat, sailing towards Antigua.  My Navigator sorts out the details.
    welcome Bethtoo - should you change your mind we can lend you a laptop!

anjalichugh - Countrywomen is on her second Wodehouse novel, stretched out in the garden area. I'll send the drinks to you. 

Uninvited W - you are really welcome.  I've put your jug of G&T in the library.  There is a crate of new books to sort at your leisure

AE - welcome on board.  I see from your avatar you already have your swim wear on! - next stop is Antigua.

By the way, I'm feeling a little guilty stealing so many HubPages ladies - any men want to join too?

Sorry about the noise of the helicopter - some more guests and supplies just arriving.  I'll go and welcome them.

1. anjalichugh profile image68
      anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Rik. I'm having a time of my life. smile smile

14. JonTutor profile image59
    JonTutorposted 14 years ago

Helicopter... you would need a pilot.... allow me to offer my services wink

15. Rik Ravado profile image86

JonTutor

A welcome offer - our pilot needs a break.  Chill out for a few days and when you're ready visit the flight deck.

1. JonTutor profile image59
      JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Even we pilots need to chill out with a drink wink ..... do you have a reggae band ?... of course hotties like Blondepoet included.. would be a cool party with music/dance.  wink

16. Rik Ravado profile image86

'A' marks roughly where we are:

http://hubpages.com/u/1396453_f520.jpg

17. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I'm sooo excited!  What's our route and where will the port of calls be????  I'd like to pack accordingly  big_smile

18. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

I would love a break.. can I come to? I can be packed and ready to go in minutes. I have a large bottle of rum I would be happy to share

You can be the fashion designer... hope we guys get our eye candy from your bikini designs. wink

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
        Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WHAAAAT, I'm supposed to work instead of sit around write hubs, read hubs, and drink rum fizzies...

No problemo..... we guys would give you very little material to work with and the bikini should barely cover... leave nothing to our imagination. wink

19. NYMiskovic profile image60
    NYMiskovicposted 14 years ago

I really need to get away from my kids for awhile!!  I love them to death but even mom needs a break from time to time.  I am on my knees begging to come aboard????

I am even willing to help in the kitchen if need be--I make a mean pasta salad  : )

20. Rik Ravado profile image86

Its hard work being (virtually)rich! 

Welcome Zsuzsy - feel free to write hubs and drink those rum fizzies and leave the bikini making until later!

NYMiskovic - welcome aboard - I'll send some reliable people to look after your kids while you're gone. Enjoy the onboard food but if you'd like to do a pasta salad when you've chilled out then that would be great!

Beth - our route appears to be to Antigua then St Kitts.  There may be a tropical storm in the next few days but all being well we'll then head for the Virgin Islands so we are heading due North towards Florida.

After dinner tonight we have some informal music in Rik's Bar while the sun sets.  Jamie Cullum on piano, some local musicians with a steel band and Amy Whitehouse may make an appearance (but no guarentees she will sing).  If you feel brave enough grab a guitar and join the band!

21. blondepoet profile image69
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I am coming aboard now
    http://images.askmen.com/photos/jennifer-england/86544.jpg

WOOOOOOOOW..... I can't wait now.

22. Rik Ravado profile image86

blondpoet - we've been waiting for you - I can see the party hotting up now you are here!  Welcome on board.  Help yourself to a big cold drink - you'll find the pool at the sharp end!

1. blondepoet profile image69
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol I already have this wonderful cocktail and am working on my tan. I must say you are a great host, hope you don't mind I invited the television crew aboard later on they want to film a virtual reality TV show on  this. smile smile smile

23. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years ago

I hope nobody notices me stowed away in BP's purse.

I have noticed you, how can I not?? ROFL.Especially now you are sunning yourself in your birthday suit. Woo hoo. Can you pass the oil please.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
        B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd love to, but there seems to be a whole line of people waiting to pass you oil!

sad They have not seen us yet...

24. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Hey, I'm game...Now where the heck did I put my Speedo???

Woo hoo

1. dohn121 profile image81
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

(Our hero flexes his bicep as he passes the much-needed oil to Blonde Poet who smiles with approval)

Oh my thankyou is it possible to do my back while you are here seeming Evil Pants is too shy. smile

(Our hero then tilts his head back and let's out a hearty laugh.  He then applies the oil on his STRONG and POWERFUL hand-ibles and begins to slowly go to work...)

25. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

Oh, wouldn't that be fun, to meet so many lovely hubbers. I hope you have some of those old slatty wooden chairs and plaid blankets. I'll have a gin and tonic. Will there be ballroom dancing in fancy dress?

26. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

time to party then... how long should I book off???
    Any famous people coming to serenade us?

27. blondepoet profile image69

I invited Hugh http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2006/10/17/previews/Hugh%20Jackman-SGG-023156.jpg

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yummy

1. Ladybird33 profile image65
        Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then I am going, however, Hugh is mine smile

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
          Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ummm....arm wrestle you for him!

28. Dame Scribe profile image57

Gin and tonic, ballroom dancing n gowns big_smile O do spin me around the dance floor ...wait hmm are they all busy ogling BP n the other sunbathers wink lol

29. dohn121 profile image81

Woah!  Wait a minute!  Whose gonna Captain the yacht, that lush that was responsible for the Exxon Oil fiasco?

30. dohn121 profile image81

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j56/xphile66/GilligansCast.jpg

When we land, maybe we'll get lucky and see these guys...

31. Rik Ravado profile image86

Wow! a lot has happened while I've been otherwise engaged.

Thanks to all those who came over to the pool this morning (at a run) to help blondpoet find her bikini top which got stuck in a vent at the deep end.

Shirley - you can wear a lightweight lifejacket or the ducky thing if you prefer!

Tonight (Dame Scribe's suggestion) we're having a traditional dress up dinner with a band and ballroom dancing afterwards.  Meanwhile for those who like things less formal there will be a massive barbie by the pool and a free bar.

Tomorrow afternoon (weather permitting)we should arrive in Antigua - our seaboats will be standing by to ferry you ashore.

Here is one of our seaboat skippers:

http://hubpages.com/u/1403386_f260.jpg

32. JonTutor profile image59
    JonTutorposted 14 years ago

Dang.... Is this a formal cruise?... No eye candy for us.

Not to worry Jonny, because when we get to Antigua, these cuties will be waiting for us...

33. dohn121 profile image81

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii94/chilln72/beavers-roommatesathawaiintropic.jpg

HOWDY!!!  WE'RE THE HAWAIIAN TROPICS GIRLS!  WOULD YOU LIKE TO RUB SUN TAN LOTION ON US?

34. Rik Ravado profile image86

I can't see them but I can imagine they are really hot!

Still???  I tried fixing it on my end and I can see them just fine on my PC...But you're right, they are FINE.  Say, let's after wards invite them back on the Yacht!  They tell me that they'll scrub the deck in their bikinis to earn their keep.

35. Rik Ravado profile image86
  36. Research Analyst profile image71
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

I invited my neighbor and she really is excited to meet everyone on this cruise, with the sun blazing high in the sky and the breeze is cool against my skin, I will just sit right here in this lounge chair in my bikini, its about time I get to wear my brazilian mini bikini, so now that I am situated I will just put on my favorite jazz music from my iPod and read the latest novel by john grishem, how I love those legal thrillers.

Please do stroll by and say hi, I will stop reading my book for some good oonversation, plus my neighbor judy loves to talk, so definitely come and chat it up with her.

37. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I don't know you, Rik, but I hope I'm welcome anyway.  I can be friends with anyone owning a yacht.  Band and ballroom dancing tonight, huh?  Looking for my chiffon gown now.  Wild things happened last time I wore that baby.

Explain "wild" ??? lol

38. Rik Ravado profile image86

wordscribe - welcome onboard - I too am curious about the 'wild things' - I'll look out for the chiffon gown!

39. Rik Ravado profile image86

CRUISE NEWS:-

Well what a night we had last night!  The boring old *arts gathered in the ballroom/dining room (me included) in our dinner jackets, tuxedos and formal gowns with the rest stuffing themselves from the BBQ around the pool. I gather Research Analyst won the 'smallest bikini' contest by a hair's breadth while I kicked off the dancing with a gentle Walze with Dame Scribe in the ballroom.  Brave of her as I have 2 left feet but she didn't know that until it was too late.  Gradually the two groups began to mix and we found men in tuxedos clasping bikini-clad hotties on the dance floor and women in ballgowns finishing off the BBQ and lounging by the pool.

On the stroke of midnight a rare treat.  All the lights on the ship were turned off.  There was no moon and as our eyes adjusted to the darkness we were overwhelmed by the weighty light of a million stars in the Milky Way stretched out before us like a great curtain.  Those of us who looked over the side saw the phosphorescence of million upon million tiny plankton producing an eerie glow around the ships wake.  An awesome sight many of us will never forget.  But the magical moment was suddenly interrupted by a large splash and cries of "Hubber Overboard!"

The crew responded quickly, turning on spotlights and locating the unfortunate hubber bobbing in the water.  Within minutes the sea boat was dropped in the water and the reveller retrieved - one ball gown that will never look the same again.  This reminds me, please limit 'streaking' to the pool area.  One or two of our older American guests were disturbed when several naked revellers ran passed their sun loungers.  This isn't Europe you know! 

Finally, don't forget Antigua is our next stop.  We'll probably stay for a day or two so you can either live onboard or move into a cabin on the beach for the duration of our stay.

40. blondepoet profile image69

yes I have my party dress on ready for this evening...Ok so let's party woo hoo. Care to tango!!!!!!!
    http://z.hubpages.com/u/973714_f248.jpg

41. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

Dancing last night was a lot of fun. Now could I make a request? There are a few thing on my 'to-do-list-before...'
    Can we go deep sea fishing? I would like a pic of me with a huge Marlin, and an enormous Barracuda. I need to go see the bird sanctuary on Barbuda and snorkel on bird island. And Parasailing, we gotta go parasailing....sorry does all this sound boring? That would give me 4 checks off my list though.  Who would be interested to come along?

42. Dame Scribe profile image57

Parasailing n diving big_smile I'll join you ZB. Rik, you have a most gentle touch wink loved our waltzing and those stars, (sigh) such a beautiful sight and never seen water glow like that before. Never see anything like that around my patch of forests and lakes lol

43. Rik Ravado profile image86

CRUISE NEWS

For those of you awake, we are now anchored off Antigua.  The first sea boat is taking people ashore.  Remember you can either visit for a few hours or stay in a beach cabin for a few days (conveniently situated on the edge of the tide line).

There, you can sleep under the stars in a hammock and we have (as requested by Zsuzsy) parasailing, diving, sea fishing plus more music and dancing.

Blondpoet having seen your dress, can I have the first Tango on the beach tonight?

Dame Scribe - I won't forget walzing with you under the stars in a hurry - and you are so kind not mentioning my clumsy feet!

Have a great day!

Rik

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Darnit, I just found my dress. 
      http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/49/e/AAAADOYehXgAAAAAAEnvqQ.jpg?v=1241862694000

Ohhhh it is beautiful smile smile

44. Rik Ravado profile image86

CRUISE NEWS

Well we remain achored off Antigua and everyone has disappeared ashore.  Some of you have probably settled down and are running a small bar on the beach by now or have found someone special to settle down with.

The great thing about a virtual cruise if you don't need to rush! 

PS: Wordscribe - I agree with BP, it is a lovely dress.   By the way, is this the chiffon dress with an interesting past? smile

45. Dame Scribe profile image57

I am staying close to the yacht tongue I might get lost again lol lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)