$99.45 - Will I make my monthly Adsense payment?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (36 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I don't optimize for Google adsense and usually just squeak through above the payment threshold. But I thought I was a shoe in this month. But I've been stalled here all day. I hate to leave money on the table for an extra month.

Anyone else holding their breath. So close.....

1. RKHenry profile image65
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you brought this issue up.  I was just wondering too, how long did it take most hubbers to reach their first $100?

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It took me about 10 months to hit $100. Many have said to take as much time but some do not. I was actually surprised I hit the mark because of what I write about.

2. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

wow, I just wish I was that close.  Awesome, your rich smile

3. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

sorry, I earned the other 55 cents this month

4. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Made it for this month, but took 5 months to do it.  Now let's see if I can POSSIBLY crank up my ten-foot snail to get a payout in a SINGLE month.

Missing by pennies like that is not fun.  That would be like in my rodeo days when I was placing well on a saddle bronc on one side but "missed him out" on the other for a "no score".  Foo!

5. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I recieve a google adsense cheque every month...I just wish I could do it all with hubpages as it would make things a lot easier, but alas no, I have a collection of blogs and other webpages that alongside hubpages bring me my adsense cheque every month...

You'll make it with your adsense payment!!

6. profile image0

Okay, some progress - hanging in at $99.80.

Some people go to Vegas, me I spin the Google wheel every month.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you'll do it.  The Google day doesn't end until California time.   smile    (Last month I was 20-something cents away from the Helium payout, but it came through.  I didn't even really care because Helium's payout is only $25, but the tension of being so close turned it into kind of a quest.)

7. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

Nelle - my Adsense has really bombed the last few days - traffic and CTR are OK but value per click has dropped dramatically.  Fortunately I'm due for a payout anyway but I do sympathise!

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that the truth. Ten days ago I thought I was going to have fabulous adsense month. Then things took a nosedive.

1. WeddingConsultant profile image65
        WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds pretty much like the exact same experience I've been having this month...eh.

8. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Wow, I thought it was just me.  Traffic was awesome, but I was getting no clicks at all.  It was a 4 day drought which I thought might have been over.  I am just waiting for the day when I can put together a few positive streaks.

Best of luck to you Nelle.

9. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 14 years ago

A watched pot never boils, Nelle.

Take an hour or so off from refreshing your AdSense account and I bet you'll hit the $100 mark. smile

10. profile image0

You've got a point Ryan, Hubster and I are going out for pizza and beer. (He's sick of hearing me whine too.)

11. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Odd, I noticed the per click rate seemed low, but just thought it was me.  Traffic is great, but not much money coming through

12. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

Let us know if you made it...  We're all rooting for ya wink

13. profile image0

Did it - $103.83. Thank you all, for joining in. Hope you all meet your July goals too.

Now if just 3 more Amazon products ship today I will be at 7.5% Amazon tier. I know stop it! That I have to wait until tomorrow morning to find out.

What a crazy, crazy job this is.

1. profile image0

Congratulations. smile

2. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I went out and came back, and just couldn't resist checking to see if you made it.  Glad to see you did.  Somehow it would be really "stinko" if you didn't make it for 20 cents.   smile

1. profile image0

Lisa that was sweet that you to check in.

2. profile image0

LOL funny that you say something like that. I am 9 cents short at this moment. tongue  I absolutely do not mind it though.

1. profile image0

Sir Dent, you are at $99.91?!? and it isn't driving you crazy? You are indeed a very mature individual. But you do have a couple more hours to make it. Please let us know what happens.

1. profile image0

It actually doesn't bother me a bit. It will carry over to next month if I do not make it this month.

14. karpouzian profile image60
    karpouzianposted 14 years ago

You people who make money at this, even 50 bucks a month are an inspiration to keep me on my blog challenge! smile  Keep up the awesome work!

15. Kidgas profile image62

Congrats, Nelle.  I am inspired to keep on going.

16. Kidgas profile image62

Congrats, Nelle.  I am inspired to keep on going.

17. profile image0

I've made $100+ each month since my second month here. Usually like $110 or so. I thought this would be my best month. But it was a squeaker.

18. expectus profile image74
    expectusposted 14 years ago

Well done Nelle smile I was a few dollars off sad booo oh well, took me much longer than Nelle to get first payment around 4-5 Months

1. profile image0

Maybe you'll make it up. I guess Pacific Time gives us a few more hours. Atleast you're a shoe-in for next month!

19. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I was hoping one of you guys could help me with Adsense. It is so strange I started 6 months ago, and I used to be able to view April's earnings, May's earnings etc. Now it only starts in June the reports that I can view, the only options now are:
    Today, Last 7 days, This month, yesterday and Last month June, and also a new one that says since last payment, yet if I have been paid I cannot find any reference to that either. ??????

1. profile image0

Go to Advanced Reports and you can pick out any time period you want.

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Nelle I can see everything now, it is like that song "I can see clearly now". Thanks again. smile

20. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

That's great. Congrats Nellie.

21. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

No changes through the night. No big deal though. smile

22. HWP profile image60
    HWPposted 14 years ago

OMG SirDent that would make me hiss and spit and stamp my feet - $0.09 ARGH!!  But yes on the flip side you are guaranteed to make it this month :-)

I personally can't wait to hit the $100 mark, have quite a way to go so not gonna hold my breath, just keep on at it. I am guilty of checking my adsense account at least 4 or 5 times a day, not quite sure what I am expecting to see, but I confess I do a little dance even if I make $0.16 in a day *blush*  LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)