Respect

Jump to Last Post 51-68 of 68 discussions (254 posts)
  1. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Darn, I knew I was missing out on some things with the time difference between here and there. 16 hours ago was like 6 am here and I was still out walking my dogs.

Okay CG, where is Badco? Hope he's okay and doing well? I really like the guy and I sure do miss his Johnny Depp avatar.

I usually don't read 10 pages worth of posts in a thread (hurts my eyes) but this one I have to read because of the title and because I like BC. Sure am glad to see everything settled between the other posters here. The only one missing is BC, so bring him out CG!

1. profile image49
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He will be on later tonight once he's had a few glasses of red wine, he's kinda shy at times ya know. Plus he's a bit hungover from last night, I carry the bugger smile

1. emievil profile image67
        emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too bad, it's almost midnight here so I'll miss him (and his posts again). Give him my hugs please and I wish you both good night (or good morning/afternoon there, I think?).

2. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

thanks for the translation dennise. Thought it meant pms also till I replied to the post.

I'm sure you can get a loaded gun anytime CG smile. Just thought you want to have one quickly.

1. profile image49

I just know BC is doing a Hub later, a stupid piece of crap about a massage chair. He's actually trying it out now, it's pathetic to watch ya know, I feel like jumping ship lol !

3. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Regarding your original post I have come across an old lady...I will call her this because I am assuming she is old, and cranky....because she is such a hateful negative person...She too thinks she is intelligent and because she has over a 1000 fans and been on here for like 2000 generations....Every comment she makes is rude snappy and full of I know everything inuendo...It has got to the point when she pops her nose in to put some poor newbie down or snipe at someone my blood pressure hits the roof and I want to shout at her.Is this a normal hub love feeling Badcompany. Do they sell device where you can throw a cream pie in there snooty faces.

1. profile image49

Just make an alter-ego who is a nasty bitch, works for me smile

1. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is too funny!  I'd love an alter-ego, just wouldn't be able to keep up with "it".

Helen, I think I know who you are speaking of...ignore, ignore smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol its called grouping lol  we called them stuck bbitches at school, probably just need a good ....redwine wink

oh gawd just thought its not me is it lol

nope not enuff fans I checked. Phew

1. Jane@CM profile image60

Oh Miss Kiwi, of course it is not you!!!  We love you big_smile

"Stuck bitches" ROFL, I just say they have a permanent stick up their a$$ big_smile

4. Helen Cater profile image61

Ha ha Kiwi it is not you...The lady in question would pop in and make a very short snotty comment and no one will reply to her. In fact I get the feeling the hub lovers ignore her as if she were a fly that has irritated them. Come on you must know who I mean lmao

5. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Ahem clears her throat, (puts on her poshest voice)

The correct diagnosis is- Anal Retention

Prognosis  'It will come to pass'

Treatment -Recommend Janes advice

Side effects-may include moments of irritation and delusions of pie throwing lol or sudden unexpected expletives. lol

( hugss n thanks ) wink

6. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I have written a hub recently the started a good political discussion.  I am happy to say that everyone responding stuck to the issue and avoided person remarks.  I agreed with some and not with others but I found the comments educational and considered.  For those hubbers I say thank you for your time and you well thought out responses.
    However, I have found people in the forums to just seem to have fun sniping at each other.  I'm sure they don't even care what the topic is as long as they can get in a shot.
    Then there are others who let their postion overpower them and they lose their cilivility.  To them I say the only ones that look the fool are you.  Personal attacks don't sway people to your side; they only drive them further away.

7. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I've never unfanned anybody. I pretty much have the same friends I first met at HP, and have made lots of new ones too.

That said, I do get hateful personal remarks on any hub I write that expresses a liberal point of view. I used to get into discussions, but after a time it began to seem to me that many of the people provoking the discussion just like to argue endlessly or make personal remarks, which I can't see any point in doing. I mean, it's a WRITING site. If you have THAT much to say, write your own hub! There's a guy here who leaves essay long comments on any political hub he disagrees with and he'll just keep doing that as long as you'll keep responding, but yet he writes very few hubs of his own. It's always easier to make someone argue from the defensive position, but after awhile it's just annoying.

So I don't always respond anymore to that kind of thing. But I still am friends with all my fanned hubbers. smile

8. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Great topic, BadCo!
    Anymore, I'm beginning to see HubPages as like the US Government, in that there is -- or should be, a distinct separation of Church and State.
    I will leave it to you and anyone else who cares to take up the gauntlet to decide whether Hubs are Church and Forums are State or vice versa:-).
    BTW, I still love ya and CG and always will.
    Hugs and TGIF! MM

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hugs back my friend and deff TGIF, I actually see it more as a Church because for some people Hubs is their Religion !

9. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Welcome, Resurrection Man ! I thought CG killed you last night ! big_smile

1. profile image50

Lol tonight moi friend, final act, don't miss it, 3 hours from now !

2. profile image50

As for CG, I killed her off 5 minutes ago !

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OH no !!! Was she still wearing purple ? big_smile

10. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

I really like what Pam and Enelle had to say (and MM is too quick altogether, LOL).

I have been unfanned because I didn't reciprocate, which is kinda sad when you think about it. I have also had my comments totally ignored both on Hubs and in forums (Oh, well, LOL).

Some of my fans no longer comment very often, but I take that as a reflection of my inattention to their work. My fans are writers, too, and they need comments as much as I do.

When I go and read and comment on their Hubs, they generally reciprocate. I find if I wait for people to come to me, I can wait a long time. If I want their interest, maybe I should show them mine first...and people do have lives beyond this addiction, LOL.

There are, however, people whose work I admire and comment on who have never left a comment on any of my hubs. Obviously, they are not interested in my work, and that is fine, too. If you want to call that a lack of respect, so be it, but I don't expect someone to feel they have to make nice and comment on my Hubs, when they aren't really interested, simply because I commented on theirs.

I try to put my energies into writing well and hopefully, the fans I do attract will be ones that stay because we have become friends and we like each other's work.

I think you're wrong thinking fans that don't  comment in your hubs lack interest. I'm your fan and Idon't remember if sometime i commented or not in 1 of your hubs. The thing is I receive a lot of hubs daily and I don't have the time to comment in all of them. I try to read all, but sometimes it's impossible. I have a life  out there! U C ? smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of fans where are mine , they have deserted me ..lil rascals!

2. RedElf profile image89
        RedElfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My dear - of course you do have a life and so do we all - sorry I didn't emphasize that point more strongly...and the flood of notifications can be quite daunting to wade through some days.
        Sometimes we are just swamped. I was just trying to point out that I don't EXPECT anyone to comment just because they are a fan or just because I commented on their work. smile

11. tantrum profile image60

sorry !  I read  it too fast . I thought you were complaining smile

12. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

No worries, my friend...wink
    It did sound a tiny bit whining, LOL.
    big_smile

13. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I think it's a mistake to judge a hub or judge one's own popularity by whether or not people comment and by who responds and so forth. Honestly, you have to have some bit of confidence and enjoyment in the writing itself, or else what is the point? Lots of times people comment when they've barely read a hub, and other times they comment just to be nasty, so it isn't really a good measure of anything. smile

14. Mighty Mom profile image78

I find it very interesting who has and who has NOT commented in here -- all hubbers who are not only courteous and dignified but also great hubbers. You don't see our resident trolls or instigators leaving any comments here. Hmmm. Wonder why that is...?

But forget the rest -- I want to know where and what time the action starts! I was not on HP yesterday so obviously missed out on the buildup.
    BCC is killing off CG? Why is CG wearing purple?
    Will there be a bonfire of the vanities?
    Will there be refreshments served?
    This is most exciting!!!
    It's almost as exciting as the "old days" when we hung out on the Captain's Ship! Now THAT was a time, eh!

She's wearing purple just for me big_smile.  And the party is over. But maybe another will be held soon ! big_smile

2. profile image50

Ahhh but the Captain told Tantrum that tonight was the finale, and funnily enough both CG and BC have written similar hubs today, same movie and both ending with the word Goodbye, I found it funny nobody picked it up but the reason why MM is those old days are gone, pity cause they were fun.

But hey I got to finish on my fav Movie with both alter-egos and with the same word finish, totally wasted though !

Well !!! I never check my mail before bed time, So I didn't know.  And what the hell does that mean ??!! R u both leaving ?? Who's coming in your place???!!! yikes

3. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Those were the good ole' days. smile

1. profile image50

They were AE, the best, anyways in the final word of both BadCo and Cabin Girls Hubs...

Goodbye !

4. Jane@CM profile image60

I think we shall have refreshments tonight.  Maybe we should open a happy hour thread, or shall we just start the cocktails, ice the beer & get out some munchies to share right now.  It is Finally Friday after all! smile

5. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, if they've killed each other off, don't worry. This happens pretty regularly, and I'm sure they'll be back soon.

And re the Captain's ship:
      I took it over a few weeks ago, and am single handedly sailing it back to Tasmania.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Captain-and-Chi-Chi-Chamois

(@Helen: Don't go there. You'll be stuck for hours:) )

15. Mighty Mom profile image78

You say good-bye and I say hello!
    Hello? Hello?
    I don't know why you say good-bye.
    I say, HELLO!!!

1. Jodi Hoeksel profile image60
      Jodi Hoekselposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know why you say goodbye....
      I say hello....hello, helloooooooooooo

*Chorus*

Eh Ya
      Eh Ya Yo Ya
      Oohhhhhhh   oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Eh Ya
      Eh Ya Yo Ya
      Ohhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh smile

Cheers big ears...lol....don't be a bunk o'queers...>>>>>>>>(non-threatening joke) wink

16. tantrum profile image60

Hey BC aren't you going 2 answer me ?? Or MM ?

17. Helen Cater profile image61

This has to be the best Forum topic I have been on all that hub love is killing me here!!!!

18. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Badco I'm glad to read you kept your alias.  But I too, like Misha thought that you, I mean CabinGirl was banned from the forums.  Very confusing indeed.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)