Right Listen Up...... '50 Great Hubs Chosen By 50 Great Hubbers'

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (38 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I need 8 more people to participate in my '100 Great Hubs Chosen By 100 Great Hubbers' project.

It will now be '50 Great Hubs Chosen By 50 Great Hubbers' because I am getting sick of the sight of it in my unpublished hubs.

Im sure that whoever recieves your nomination will be eternally grateful, as will I.

Pretty please?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/20220

If 8 people can get me their hubs, I will get you the finished project tonight (and it is already looking pretty good).

2. profile image0

And this is getting bumped every hour until I have 8..... so ladies & gentlemen, unless you want to get sick of this title too.... then you know what to do about it big_smile

3. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I picked this hub by Russel-D, his writing is superb.

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-La-Carte-Chapter1-France

Hope this helps Ryan! big_smile

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes that helps a lot Jane, could you do me 25-50 words to say why you like it? You get a backlink to your profile as a reward wink

1. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ryan...I'm so not good at this!!!

Russel-D takes us on a 9 day trip to France, that he and his wife went on for a History Tour.  He speaks eloquently about the history tour they are on and the food that they eat.  By the time you are finished reading the article, you will be yearning for Chocolate Mousse, French coffee and various other foods that he and his wife enjoyed.  I believe this is an excerpt from his journal.

1. profile image0

Well you did an excellent job of it this time (trust me, there are many worse!) Many thanks Jane.

Right anybody else? I have 7 spaces left..... and I want them filled asap.

Who else wants to tell the world about their favourite hub?

4. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Bless your cotton socks.  Its cheesing you off now. lol

Let me just go and check the rules you had in the old link. I think you asked people to write a paragraph or something and then, I'll be back. smile

5. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I am trying to do this, but I can't seem to just pick one hub.  That is arduous.  I am doing my best.

1. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Davina, that's why its taken me so long. Too many favourites and each time I read another Hub, its another new favourite.

I'm just gonna pull names out of a hat. smile

6. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Ryan, I have many favourites but the one I have chosen is:

http://hubpages.com/hub/From-Worm-to-Bu … sformation

I chose this because its full of encouragement. The last few weeks have been tough for me personally and when I read this Hub (think 2 weeks ago), it really encouraged me. I actually go back to read it from time to time. I also admire the courage of the author.

Thanks

7. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

It is hard to pick a "favorite", so I will choose one that always sticks in my mind.

http://hubpages.com/hub/GOD-TEST

God Test is beautifully written by Marinealways24.  It is about a short journey to the mailbox that ends in a realization of the human spirit.  God Test pays homage to "the average joe", and reminds the reader that there is a whole world to encounter on the way to get the mail.

8. profile image0

Lady_E and Davinagirl3, many many thanks for finally pulling your fingers out of your arse and helping me out lol

no seriously, really grateful. This thing is like a thorn in my side now, be glad to get it done wink

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Anything for you, Ryan.smile

2. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My fingers were in my Pizza.

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-045.gif

It's a good project, your nearly done now. Alwight. smile

9. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

I chose;  be inspired: some kinda challenge thingy...and more photo shop, by Cris A
    Many hubbers were inspired to write stories from the pics Cris created.
    the link is:  http://hubpages.com/hub/for-inspiration … ge-of-sort

10. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

It's never too late to teach and remind what good ettiquette and manners are.  Manlypoetryman does it quite nicely in tune to Dr. Suess:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Please-Dont-Snub-on-a-Hub

11. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I've just read each of the hubs that were submitted to you on this post Ryan...wow - great talent right before our eyes!  Your project is giving me great new reads, and new authors too!

12. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Ryan - check your email please. I sent you some "text" to add to the hub I recommended. Thanks!

13. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

What a difficult task! I have so many favorites!  I finally chose one. 

Robert the Haunted Doll  http://hubpages.com/hub/Robert-the-Haunted-Doll

by St. James  http://hubpages.com/profile/St.James

The reason I chose this hub is because I really enjoy hubs written where the hubber invites us into their part of the world exposing us to sights and experiences we may never get to see firsthand. "Robert the Haunted Doll" is a story you won't forget and the doll's face will be embedded in your mind forver.  Read it if you dare.

14. profile image0

Right I only need TWO more!

And....... I have just published part 1 (the first 25 hubs).

It doesnt look as good as I wanted, but I tried my best sad

15. profile image0

Thanks to everybody that has submitted on here wink

16. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I put my choice forward on the other thread but my description was short and not 50 words, would you like to give you a longer description?

1. profile image0
      Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is what I decided to do. I'd just had a one liner so I added some more info about why I liked the hub.

1. profile image0

Many thanks Aqua, I think yours will be on part 2 - which I havent finished yet.... so I will change it for you big_smile

1. profile image0
          Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks again Ryan! smile

1. profile image0

Hi Aqua,

I have checked the published hub, and your selection was actually at the very bottom of the hub (as you were the 25th person to contribute).

I have swapped your review with the one you sent by email.

Cheers;)

2. profile image0

Hi Wrenfrost, no your description was fine. It has actually just been published wink

If you, or anybody, wants to change their description then that is fine..... your hub not mine smile

Let me know what you think

17. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

no problem it is a pleasure, whish we could have nominated more but i got my one in...... well done

18. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Oh good grief are we allowed to post another one? It is so complicated when there are so many I believe that there are thousands that are wonderful!!! smile

19. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Really? Cool I am going to read it right now! Thanks V much.

20. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Is it too late...oh well here's mine anyway

By Robertsloan2 -  http://hubpages.com/hub/Finance-your-Re … de-Incomes

A really great hubpage that talks common sense about building a side income for your retirement, it is written with excellent insight as is all of Roberts hubpages, certainly a great article this one, it certainly made me think!

21. profile image0

No not too late waynet, just in time wink

Right I need ONE more I think wink

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here you go it is quite creative and a very heartwarming story

http://hubpages.com/_dwn4bbs4rxf1/hub/T … f-God-Go-I it is written by none other Brenda Scully.

1. profile image0

Lol, AEvans.... you have already contributed (sorry one per hubber), and your choice is on my published hub. lol

SO I STILL NEED 1 MORE, IF ANYBODY WANTS TO HAVE A GO?

22. profile image0

Right super, I know have 50 I think.

Brilliant guys, I have already published part 1 (first 25). I will work on publishing part 2 asap.

23. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I nominate eBay Exposed by Inspirepub.

1. profile image0

Ok excellent, that is my 50th and last.

But Darkside, could you write a couple of lines saying why you have chosen it? Thats the format of the hub - if you dont mind wink

cheers.

24. profile image0

Right all finished, and published wink

In case anybody wants to check it out....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)