Hubbers Banned

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)
  1. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Okay, now it's Smoothassilk, Pearldiver and Tantrum...what's the deal with being 'banned?'  What is this line that is crossed?  I'm fairly new, so I am not sure about the 'rules,' though I have read through the guide.

1. profile image56
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty new too, but here is my take. As far as I know only one of the three made an "overt" attack on someone. However the TOS agreement does mention "passive aggressive behavior". Looks like the admin is looking to tighten things up around the forums. Stay on topic and don't make or take things personal is the advice I'm using.

lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your insight, C.J.-'passive-aggressive behavior' can be mighty broad!

1. profile image56

What I see a lot of lately is what the older hubbers refer to as "trolling" and "baiting".  In the former the offending hubber seems to follow a target hubber from forum to forum making comments intended to agitate.  The latter is just a simpler form of the first. The hubber continually makes snide comments hoping to get an angry response. Once that is achieved the hubber reports. Silly really.

2. Bovine Currency profile image59
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Could be an exodus if it gets much tighter.

1. profile image56

I would hope not.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they are all the same person or something.  I dunno.

Interesting...

2. blue dog profile image59
        blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wink

3. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is there a particular reason for this thread lorlie?

I mean come on people. There are 3 or 4 other threads already dedicated to banned Hubbers.

Please. smile

Cags, I am curious simply if this is all rumor or reality.  I understand your frustration at the redundancy of the situation, but I want to address the entire situation. lol

4. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

do not call a person in the religious forum a name. "no personal attacks."

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I don't know where the line is being drawn but I can tell you this that the Hubteam is in the wrong with banning those ppl. YES they may have said bad words and all but hey cloverwhatever is the one starting the attacks and yet he hasn't been banned, he has TONS of duplicate work and still nothing. it's disgusting!

clover?  I wonder who that is...but I wouldn't want to give him/her any traffic.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope wouldn't want to give them traffic either. and I have already reported him twice for the banning spree since it was he who banned all the ppl u listed plus DogSiDaed

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paul said that he had been banned from the forum in one of his replies to Tantrum. You haven't seen him back gloating have you?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I do know the negativity...not the bannings...has been making me visit the forum less and less...

4. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 14 years ago

I'm going to close the threads talking about banned users for a few reasons. First, there are a lot of misconceptions being perpetuated in them. Second, some are started and/or continued by sock puppets of those who are banned.

We do not ban willy-nilly and we always adhere to our own rules when making a decision. If you make a personal attack (calling another Hubber a name, insulting them, etc), that is grounds for a ban from the forums. There are quite a few Hubbers who have posted thousands of times here and have not gotten banned, so it's not a difficult thing to do.

If someone says something you don't like, you can:
    - report it if it is a personal attack or hate speech (or spam); we will look into it and respond accordingly
    - ignore it, just move on and don't engage

For forum bans for personal attacks, the first offense results in a ban from the forums for 3 days. Each subsequent banning gets considerably longer, until it is permanent. Posting by sock-puppet accounts is not allowed and those will also be banned. We want to give people a second chance to recognize behavior that is not compliant with our rules so they don't do the same again.

Rules need to be enforced for them to have any meaning. When allowed, personal attacks can make the forums degenerate into an unpleasant pit of negativity, as several Hubbers have already noted.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)