Starting My Own 30 Hubs/30 Days Challenge March 1, Wanna Join In?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 112 discussions (175 posts)
  1. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Those who have been around awhile know that I personally prefer starting Hub Challenges that coincide with calendar months.  It's just easier to keep up with what day you're on.

I play to write and publish 30 hubs during the month of March.

If you've been contemplating joining a HubChallenge, now is a great time.  There are so many great things to write about, for instance:

St. Patrick's Day
    Spring cleaning
    Easter
    Mother's Day
    Memorial Day
    Springtime weather

Then you have the Helpful Heath Hubs Contest going on as well.  See this thread for details: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/36846

If you'd like to join me, simply post a reply here that you're in, but please post the links to your hubs in the proper thread for HubChallenge links found here:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049

Good luck!

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm in!! I have spring break in two weeks for two weeks, and should have plenty of time. I have never been able to finish 30 in 30 before, but I feel I may be able to accomplish it this time around!

I am really excited for the helpful health hubs challenge!

1. Kidgas profile image63
        Kidgasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats great that you get 2 weeks off.  I am sure that you will get lots of writing done.

2. StefBiz profile image59
      StefBizposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good Luck To You All, Wish I had time To participate! I don't know, but perhaps in the future!

KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

3. GreyMoon profile image61
      GreyMoonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How about one hub in a year? How is that for hubnatiousness? smile

LOL....hubnatiousness, huh?  Guess one is enough when it's a good'un, huh?

4. profile image0
      Kerry43posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello; I think I will join this challenge. I have been a loiterer in HP for the last 2 years, and haven't written much at all. Thanks for the nudge.

Kez

Way to go Kerry!  Since it's so late in the calendar month, you're probably going to want to join the regular 30 hubs in 30 days Hub Challenge.  That way you can start "Day 1" any day you want.

Right now, I'm the one that needs the nudging.  I have only 9 hubs done for March....I have 3-4 in the works, but I'm certainly not where I think I should be for the month if I'm going to get 30 done by the 31st.  smile

1. profile image0
          Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nudge...nudge....nudge....

I'm sure you've got lots of hub ideas spinning round in your head just waiting to get out. Favorite yummy recipes, more wonderful Texas travel hubs. And have you ever seen the mysterious Marfa Lights?

2. profile image0

Hi KCC, well, I gave it some thought, and  I might just be a hero and finish my 30 hubs by midnight March 31. I have everything to gain and nothing  to lose anyway. Then  I will join the regular hub challenge again on April 1.

See you at the post:)

Kez

Wow! That is most impressive!! Go for it! You're going to show me up if I'm not careful!  LOL  big_smile

1. profile image0

Well, I just posted my 17th article for my 9 day/30 hub challenge. Since I opened my mouth when I did, I thought I better make good on my promise.
              Thanks for any further nudges folks, I have 13 to go and 3 days to do it.
              Kez:)

5. profile image0

Hello again; I have been reading other hubs about their hub challenge experiences, and I see that many of them have posted screen shots of their traffic charts etc. How to I go aout doing this? is it done through Google analytics or here at HP somewhere?
      Thanks
      Moi

6. profile image0

Yippee, I'm in the home stretch, it's my 9th day and I have 27 of the 30 hubs published. It must be something I ate because I really wasn't sure I'd do it when I spoke up.

Thanks for making me accountable guys.
      Kez:)

7. profile image0

Good Lord, I did it, 30 hubs in 9 days. I am a legend in my own lunch hour.
      Thanks you guys, Im glad I popped in here that day.

2. KCC Big Country profile image84

Awesome! Glad to have you aboard, Girly! It's a great time to challenge yourself to accomplish more.  We can always count on you for quality hubs!

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Good to have you back KCC! And Girly_Girl09 too! I'll just keep writing my 3 a day. I don't call it a challenge anymore - doing that seems to shut down my brain for some strange reason. But I'm definitely with you in spirit.

1. Ohma profile image61
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Good luck to both of you! I hope it works well for you!

1. englightenedsoul profile image58
        englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

I am in too though yesterday only I joined the 30 days challenge but I am with you on this one too...A couple more hubs won't hurt!!!

2. fastfreta profile image74
        fastfretaposted 14 years ago

I hesitate to throw my hat in the ring, because I always fail, but I'll give it another shot.  I'll keep doing it until I get it right.

3. profile image0
        girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

Yay, enlightened and fastfreta! We will all motivate each other. big_smile

englightenedsoulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure we will and I would need a lot of it.  I had one question though where do we need to put our links..Will posting in this thread do?

2. nikepick99 profile image60
          nikepick99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

3. profile image0
          lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Well, I'm in. I have struggled the last two months with this writing thing and need to get back to a full schedule. We will crack the whip on each other, how's that?

4. profile image0
          pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

not sayin im in just wishing you all the best of luck big_smile

5. KeithTax profile image72
          KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

I cannot wait until tax season is over; then I can take another challenge.

Good luck everyone. Ahhh, what am I saying? Success has little to do with luck. You make your own luck by writing lots of really good hubs.

1. profile image0

Post them to this thread:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049

But feel free to come back here often with reports and updates too. We had a great thread a couple months back when we did this for support that coincided with posting our links on the other thread.

1. livewithrichard profile image72
              livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

It's a good time for a new challenge and why not double dip with the contest too?  I'm in!

Ah...good to see so many getting excited and joining in and others giving it another try!  As always, thanks to the others for their support as well!

Lynne is correct, please continue to only post links in the official forum for HubChallenge links.  Do not post them here.  This should be a place where we come back to encourage each other, ask questions, and welcome newcomers. 

Anyone can join all throughout the month.  They can still make it a March challenge or simply the regular 30 in 30 challenge where their ending date will land some time in April.  It's no biggie any which way you do it. 

I plan to use "HubChallenge" as one of my tags in all my hubs.

3. profile image0

KCC I started today as always one day ahead, lol. I am using Marchhubchallenge as my tag, I like to keep up with which months I do the hubchallenge so I can see how I did.

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
                Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish I had waited, and used a tag such as yours Lynne, I have lost track of where I stand.

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
              Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

That's good KCC, maybe I'll join you guys in a couple of week's time. smile
              Best of luck for the challenge though.

1. profile image0

you can go back and add the tag Faybe. Then you can search it under tags in your account page. Makes it so much easier to keep up with also if you start on the beginning of the month like KCC prefers to do you can go by the hub pub date to track it.

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
                  Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Lynne. stumbling around as usual, I am.

2. profile image0

You are quite welcome. That's why this is so important to have to coincide with the links thread. Sharing of what works from others who have done this before, getting new ideas from the ones who haven't and just all around good support.

3. KCC Big Country profile image84

I did consider "MarchHubChallenge" as a tag and decided against it.  My reasoning wasn't too impressive, so I'll use "MarchHubChallenge" as well.  smile

Faybe, no need to worry about having started early.  You can still challenge yourself to do 30 in March.  It can overlap with whatever else you were doing.  When you post the links in the other thread you can say something like :

#10 on day 10 in my 30 hubs in 30 days challenge
                #2 on day 2 in my 30 hubs in March Challenge

(post the link)

But even that isn't necessary.  It's just something you can do if you want to. 

The calendar months just work so much better for me personally to make it easier to keep up with what day I'm on and how many days I have left.  Then, if I lose track with what hub # I'm on I simply sort my published hubs by date and count all the March ones.  Simple.

UltimateHubber, join us when you're ready!

1. Trekkiemelissa profile image65
                  Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years ago

I be starting over for March again, but I am going to attach on what I didn't finish for February onto this challenge though.  Like you, I like to start on the first.

2. Anath profile image62
                  Anathposted 14 years ago

I am in.  This will be my third time staring the challenge.  The first time I finished late... very late.  The second time I didn't finished sad
                  Let's make it a challenge and do it perfect this time smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
                    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I decided to do the challenge in February and only did 7 Hubs sad

Maybe the combination of Hub Challenge and Contest will get me going for March - so I'm in, too.

3. englightenedsoul profile image58

I have posted my first hub for the March Hub challenge.

4. chip22 profile image61
                  chip22posted 14 years ago

I'm in for the Challenge. Also trying to combine the 30 Hubs in 30 days with the health challenge. it's a two for one deal! smile

5. KCC Big Country profile image84

Awesome! Glad to have you back at it too Melissa!  I took too long of a break myself. 

Anath, third time is always a charm! You'll ace it this time!

Congrats, Enlightenedsoul! You're off to a fantastic start!  I have a few hubs started, but I doubt I will finish and publish my first today.

Glad to have you on board, Chip22!  I think it's a great way to combine the two...the challenge and the contest.  Good luck to you!

1. chip22 profile image61
                    chip22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Big Country!

6. KCC Big Country profile image84

Most find it easier to just call me KCC.  smile   My name is actually Karen.

7. livewithrichard profile image72
                  livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Just published my first hub in the March Challenge.  I'm just using the hubchallenge tag too.

8. englightenedsoul profile image58

Posted my second hub for the march hubchallenge!!

Sorry to be absent from this forum for a day or so.  Work has had me busy!

Enlightenedsoul seems to be doing exceptionally well! Congrats!

Glad to have you on board LivewithRichard!

That's way more hubs than I accomplished in February, Marisa! I think I've only published a couple of hubs in 2010.  I've been working on work-related stuff and I'm beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel and decided March is a good place to get back in the groove.  Glad to have you on board, Marisa!  I agree that the Health Hub contest gives it that extra incentive to publish some good quality health hubs.

Good luck to everyone!

2. mikelong profile image60
                    mikelongposted 14 years ago
                  3. profile image0

Mike you need to post these to the reg hub links forum

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049

4. mikelong profile image60
                    mikelongposted 14 years ago

Thanks...

5. KCC Big Country profile image84

Congrats Mike, and Lynne is correct, we need to post all our links in the proper forum.  The reason for that is HubPages does not normally permit the posting of links because it is deemed overly promotional.  However, officially sanctioned events like the HubMob and HubChallenge are ok as long as we do it the one designated forum thread. smile

6. englightenedsoul profile image58

Day 4- Hub 3

10 Effective Ways To Manage Your Time

Now I have a deficit of one hub as I did not publish last night hope to make up for that tonight.

7. soni2006 profile image76
                    soni2006posted 14 years ago

I am already in for the HubChallenge KCC BigCountry. I have already published my first hub starting March 4th, 2010. You can see the link in the appropriate forum.

8. KCC Big Country profile image84

Way to go, Enlightened and Soni!  I researched a bunch of topics and keywords and have about 12 hubs started.  I'm hoping to get a few of them wrapped up and published in the next few days.

9. soni2006 profile image76

Best of luck KCC for your research and publishing the hubs.

Thank you!

10. englightenedsoul profile image58

Day 4- Hub 4
                    Published my fourth hub for the hubmarch challenge!!  And Karen you first choose your keywords and then write??  I just write and then research for appropriate keywords for my hub.  Is this totally wrong?

11. KCC Big Country profile image84

Everyone has their own style.  Do whatever is easiest for you and make adjustments along the way as you discover things that work and don't work for you.

englightenedsoulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks KCC!!

12. mythbuster profile image71
                    mythbusterposted 14 years ago

Hey, cool. I had the same idea, and started a personal challenge for the month of March. I'm intending to exceed the 30 hubs in 30 days.

Here are my details:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mythbuster-Hub-Challenges

Awesome! Let me know if you need anything along the way!

13. Cagsil profile image71
                    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey KCC,

What's up? How are you doing today? smile

Hi Cagsil! Not much, and I'm doing well, you?

1. Cagsil profile image71
                        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am doing well. smile I just wanted to stop by and see how you were. smile If I haven't already said "Good Luck", then please accept it now.

I haven't read over the entire thread, but do remember when it was first posted. smile

14. KCC Big Country profile image84

Thanks, Cagsil! I have yet to publish any of mine, but I have quite a few started.  smile  I'll get it done.

1. Cagsil profile image71
                      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sure you will. smile I believe you can. smile wink

Thanks! You're a good friend and a great HP cheerleader for us all!

15. soni2006 profile image76

Published two more hubs in this month's hubchallenge. Trying to complete one more before 6th March

16. profile image0
                    renoelleposted 14 years ago

This looks like a great way to get started. I'm a few days behind, but I think I'll give it a shot anyway! big_smile

Yay! No worries....I haven't published my first for the month yet either.  It's 30 in March....you can publish all 30 on March 31st technically... smile

It does work better to keep a steady pace though.  smile

Good luck and welcome aboard!

17. profile image0
                    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

renoelle you can do it ... i didnt write everyday, matter of fact i didnt write anything the first few days after sign up lol. i did my own personal goal of 30 in my first month of joining(did not join in on any hub page challenges just made my own) and i am 2 off and its because of all the love and support everyone here at hubpages shows to each other. keep up the good work everyone and maybe next time i will commit to a hub challenge with you all lol.

Very nice of you to encourage others and glad to see you're joining in the challenge as well!

1. profile image0
                        pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i will always support others ... i did my own personal challenge for myself and i know that if i can do it everyone here can.. i had from feb 8 til march 8 to do my 30 for myself and i did it last night... i will join the challenge next month maybe

18. soni2006 profile image76

1. Published one more hub in this month's hubchallenge total 4.
                    2. Completed 6 hubs in this week's hubmob.
                    3.  Completed 3 hubs in today's topic Naturopathy in the health hub contest.
                    4.  Trying to write more and more before the end of March.

1. Anath profile image62
                      Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do you do it Soni?  I am already falling behind -again- and I am only doing the HubChallenge sad

Well done for you smile

1. soni2006 profile image76
                        soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot Anath. How I am doing it.

1. See I started hubchallenge on March 4th and published total 4 hubs up until today.
                        2.  Hubmob weekly topic started on March 1st and at that time I was doing my previous hubchallenge which I completed on March 3rd.
                        3. Then I thought why not publish three hubs and take triple benefits. I wrote three hubs on March 5th on naturopathy via HubMob and included my links in HubMob, HubChallenge which I am doing plus Helpful Health Hub Contest.

Now I think you got my point. Do this now and take triple benefits, this will bring internal traffic and then after a incredible external traffic.

Now it's time to publish my another hub on health hub contest AROMATHERAPY which will also be included in HubMob and HubChallenge.

Soni, you're tearing it up! Way to go! Keep up the awesome work!

19. Aussieteacher profile image64
                    Aussieteacherposted 14 years ago

Sounds like a good challenge to me.

Does that mean you're in?  smile

Would love to have you!

20. soni2006 profile image76

I am successful in publishing my number one hub in AROMATHERAPY category of Helpful Health Hub Contest. Here is its title:

Aromatherapy Benefits of Clove Oil - Where to Buy Clove Oil

The link to this hub is available in HubMob Weekly and HubChallenge threads. I am afraid I am not allowed to paste the links here.

21. Bworky profile image64
                    Bworkyposted 14 years ago

I joined HubPages today and figured why not start strong.  I'm in for March.  Woo.  Just finished my first three hubs.

Welcome aboard!

22. KCC Big Country profile image84

Awesome achievement Pinkylee! Congrats on completing your challenge! Jump back in for 30 more whenever you're ready. Quite a few of us like working on a calendar month, but the regular challenge goes on all the time.

1. profile image0
                      pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks kcc

23. profile image0

Wow, I am so far behind but I got number 4 up and done today.

24. KCC Big Country profile image84

That's 4 more than me, Lynne....LOL   I have quite a few started...I just need to work on them. Once I do, I'll probably publish a bunch at the same time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
                  Necessary
                  HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
                  LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
                  Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
                  AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
                  HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
                  HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
                  Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
                  CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
                  Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
                  Features
                  Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
                  Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                  Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
                  Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                  Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                  VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                  PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                  Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                  MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
                  Marketing
                  Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                  Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                  Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                  SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                  Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                  Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                  AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                  OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                  Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                  TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                  Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
                  Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
                  Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
                  Statistics
                  Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
                  ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
                  Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
                  ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)