It's A GIRL! Number 7 has arrived:-)

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (44 posts)
  1. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years ago

Hello fellow Hubbers!

I just could not wait to tell you all, that my seventh grandchild... an adorable little girl has been BORN!

While I was floating around carelessly in the Caribbean this last week (Wednesday), one of my sweet daughters, Laura -  gave birth to Lilly Elizabeth Ann, by cesarean section.  Seems as both her girls are a bit on the stubborn side when making their grand entrances into this world:-)  Breech!

We are so grateful that both mother and daughter are doing well and now at home resting comfortably.  Papa and Nana are anxiously readying ourselves to go and meet Lilly this afternoon for the first time.  I can hardly wait!

I just know she needs me!  Being a Nana is the joy of my life and the icing on the cake of all that any mother goes through with her raising our own little ones.

It is a grand circle of life, in which I am so blessed to be engaged with at this time of my life.

Thank you all for allowing me to share our joy of this blessed event!

tDMg
    LdsNana-AskMormon
    Kathryn

1. vietnamese profile image67
      vietnameseposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Wow, today I interpreted over the phone for an expectant mother and now I am reading this. Good thing, that the lady didn't have C-section or I would not know how to interpret it...hehehehehe....Congrat!

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Congratulations Kathryn! smile

Both to you and your family smile

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Congratulations. Glad to hear all is well. smile

4. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

Big congratulations to you and ALL yours!!
    Deffinetly something to shout about;)

5. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

Congrats!  Another future hubber...

6. donnaleemason profile image61
    donnaleemasonposted 16 years ago

Congratulations, a new baby is always a blessing.
    Donna

7. marisuewrites profile image58
    marisuewritesposted 16 years ago

yeaaaaaaaaa   now the fun begins.   goodbye sleep, hello joy!   miles of smiles going your way!!

8. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

Thank you all for jumping in so fast and shouting back your congratulations!  This is really what "life" is all about... is it not?

Yes Peter, I expect that if she is anything like the other women of my family, she just might have one or two opinions to share with any who are willing to listen:-)

And this is precisely why I just love all my girls...

Of the seven, I have only ONE amazing grandson:-)

Kathryn

1. donnaleemason profile image61
      donnaleemasonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Only one grandson so far!
      And I must say, you look awfully young to have grandchildren:)

9. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

Congratulations!  I'll bet baby Lilly is just beautiful!  All the best to you and your family!

10. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

Hi donna:-)

Yes, only ONE boy!  But, I still have hope for more...

Thanks for the compliment on my youthful appearance.  LOL 

While on our trip that we just returned from last night, and on a tour of St. Marten - I announced the news to everyone that  I had just received, of Lilly's birth.  The cute tour guide was in shock that I was even a grandmother at all and made a ridiculously big deal out of the fact that, (in her opinion)  I was the youngest grandma she had ever seen!  LOL  She was "showing me off" to people...  rather uncomfortable really.

Of course my husband was cracking up totally and I played along and just smiled smugly ( at him :-)

But I am old enough and all is legal!  LOL  Good genes I suppose.  Thanks to my own mum.

11. rmr profile image68
    rmrposted 16 years ago

Congratulations!!!

12. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

Steph -

I bet she is too...  I will let you know later after I get a glimpse of her  myself!  LOL

Kathryn

13. In The Doghouse profile image70
    In The Doghouseposted 16 years ago

Kathryn,
    What an incredible welcome home gift!  Congratulate Laura for me and have fun with your new little Lilly.

14. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 16 years ago

After grieving over the death of my best friends father, it is a joy to celebrate life today.  This is truly a great news!!!!  Big big hugs to you and the family and special kisses to this little precious girl.  CONGRATULATIONS!  smile

15. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

ripplemaker-

I am so sorry to hear about your good friend's father:-(  The cycles of life are an amazing part of living.

Thank you for celebrating with me today:-) 

But both circumstances are about life coming and going...  and it is all to celebrate about, with proper perspective!

Kathryn

16. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

Hey Doghouse!

I will pass it on for you to Laura.  I can't wait to head out there later today:-)  I am just visiting tonight with the Papa and will head myself for a few days later in the week.

All this Nana stuff is really wearing me out!  LOL

Kathryn

Six weeks and they all descend on us here at home!  Perhaps after that, I will have time for my own life...   eventually!  LOL

17. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 16 years ago

And that is so right kathryn!!!!  Yes indeed, the circle of life is to be celebrated.  I'm happier today too... lol

18. Bonnie Ramsey profile image66
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 16 years ago

Huge congrats, Kathryn! And I just love the name! I may be a bit bias, though because my youngest grand-daughter's name is Lillian Annabelle and we call her Lilly or Lilly Belle. She just turned one. I know that you are feeling God's blessings raining down on you right now and you should be gleaming! Thanks for sharing your joy with us!

Bonnie

19. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

Thanks Bonnie:-)

I am very happy about the name of Lilly for this little one, as Lilly was my grandmother's name. 

I confess, I pushed for the name and am thrilled that one of my grandchildren will carry her memory on now!   It didn't cost me a thing either.  LOL

I love Lillian too.  Lilly is such a feminine name. 

I am so happy to be able to tell Lilly about her great grandmother Lilly, and know that she will love her name because of who she is named after and what this women stood for throughout her life.

Thanks again,
    Kathryn

Kathryn

20. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

Congratulations!

My mother has six grand-daughters, still waiting for the grandson ...

A new life is always a reminder of how commonly miracles occur, isn't it? Enjoy your little one, and I hope for your daughter's sake that she behaves herself and sleeps through within a few weeks!

Jenny

21. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 16 years ago

I am glad you have been blessed with another healthy grandchild.

22. Lifebydesign profile image63
    Lifebydesignposted 16 years ago

Wow - you're too young to be a Nana, Kathryn. Congratulations for that too! LOL

Louise

23. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image64
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 16 years ago

Congratulations! What a gorgeous name. Just beautiful smile

24. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

Hello Everyone:-)

Thank you so much for your congratulations and kind words.  All of you are such nice folks and I really enjoy knowing that I can share with you this wonderful event and know that you celebrate with our family.

Hubpages really has created a very nice way for us to get to know each other through these forum threads, and keep in touch with some of the happenings of our individual lives...  After all, we are REAL people!  LOL

I also appreciate that many of you too, feel comfortable knowing that this is a great place to put out a "shout" about that which is positive in your lives and allow us all to high five one another.

Something about this, just feels so good - doesn't it!

I finally was able to get my hands on Lilly last night.  She is as beautiful as expected:-)   

More so than my daughter's first little girl - who is amazingly adorable - Lilly, looks very much like her mother when she was born.  This has happened with a few of my grand-daughters, and is always a very tender experience.  It is as if I have traveled back in time, to when my own were born. 

These feelings that emerge as a grandparent are overwhelming and are the joys of seeing our families continue on...

I look forward to returning tomorrow, to stay and help out for a while...  the work of a real Nana, you know?  I guess hubbing will need to wait for my full attention again, until later...

That rocking chair is calling my name!

Love you all,
    LdsNana-Kathryn

25. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 16 years ago

Kathryn, Congratulations! There is hope for mankind as long as babies are being born - especially beauties like this one!

26. Moonmaiden profile image69
    Moonmaidenposted 16 years ago

It is great to hear some good news. I'm expecting my first grandchild in Sept. Having 7 must keep you busy. I hope mine is a girl too.

27. robie2 profile image77
    robie2posted 16 years ago

Congratulations, Kathryn and a big welcome to the world for Lilly smile

28. funride profile image68
    funrideposted 16 years ago

Congratulations Kathryn! It´s great to see family growing and watch all the kids playing around.

All the best for you and all your family wink.

Ricardo

29. William F. Torpey profile image70
    William F. Torpeyposted 16 years ago

Congratulations, Kathryn. I can't think of the name Lily without thinking of one of my favorite songs, Lili Marlene, sung by my favorite female singer, Marlene Dietrich. I hope you can play this video for Lilly when she gets to be a big girl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfllUtxDriA

30. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 16 years ago

Congratulations! Lily is a beautiful name!
    I'm going to be a first time grandma this November and I am so excited!

31. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

Oh Kathryn, how exciting!  Congratulations, glad mother and baby are doing well.

32. DJ Funktual profile image78
    DJ Funktualposted 16 years ago

Great News, Congrats.  Best thread ever!

33. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

You all ROCK!

Thanks again for all your really wonderful words:-) 

This is the "Lilly" song that has always stayed with me from  my own childhood, after  seeing the musical "Lili" with Leslie Caron. 

I sang this to my little Lilly last night and am currently working on refreshing myself with the proper words,  so I can sing it completely!  LOL  I would go around as young girl singing the chorus...   It is a cheerful song really:-)

From Lili (Charles Walters - 1953) Leslie Caron and Mel Ferrer sing the anthological Hi Lili Hi Lo.

Hi Lili Hi Lo (Words and Music by Branislau Kaper and Helen Deutsch)

ON EVERY TREE THERE SETS A BIRD
    SINGING A SONG OF LOVE...
    ON EVERY TREE THERE SETS A BIRD
    AND EVERY ONE I EVER HEARD
    COULD BRAKE MY HEART WITHOUT A WORD
    SINGING A SONG OF LOVE...

A SONG OF LOVE IS A SAD SONG, HI-LILI, HI-LILI, HI-LO
    A SONG OF LOVE IS A SONG OF WOE
    DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW
    A SONG OF LOVE IS A SAD SONG
    FOR I HAVE LOVED AND IT'S SO
    HI LILI HI LILI HI LO HI LO
    HI LILI HI LILI HI LO
    HI LILI HI LILI HI O HI LO
    HI LILI HI LILI HI LO

I SIT AT THE WINDOW AND WATCH THE RAIN, HI-LILI, HI-LILI, HI-LO
    TOMORROW I'LL PROBABLY WILL LOVE AGAIN, HI-LILI, HI-LILI, HI-LO

But you must watch the YouTube of this with Leslie Caron and the marrionettes... it is delightful!  This musical is wonderful too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJUCB1P … re=related

Do any of you remember this musical and this song?  Are there any other "Lilly" songs out there?

Have a great evening all.  I am heading into San Diego to see my son who is in the Coast Guard before he head to sea for the next three  months.  Life is truly non-stop, is it not?  LOL

Kathryn

34. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

Moonmaiden -

Congratulations to you...  It is a joy to be a grandmother!  You are in for the treat of your life:-)

Kathryn

35. Angela Harris profile image68
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

Kathryn, so much to say... First, congratulations and I'm so glad everything went well with the birth. I agree that you look way too young to be a grandmother.
    My mom was the oldest in her family and had five younger brothers. Needless to say, I was the first grandbaby and a girl, so I became a bit spoiled.
    Lilly is such a beautiful name. I want my kids to wait for awhile to get married, but I look forward so much to grandbabies. And I want my kids to name their girls after two fabulous women in our families with great names, Naomi and Evelyn. One of my daughters loves both names, so there is hope. wink  Hug that grandbaby for me!

36. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

Thanks all:-)

Angela -

Thanks, I will take the compliment:-) 

I have really come to feel that how, what and why we name our children a given name - is powerful.  Try bribery!  LOL

When it is right for your own to have children, they will know it.  I have encouraged my three daughters to earn their college degrees and go from there...

My oldest delivered her first right before she graduated from UCLA and I held this, my only grandson (with tears streaming down my cheeks) as she walked in her graduation ceremonies!

Timing is everything... and yet, there is time!

Lilly's mother is a graduate of BYU and holds a degree in Social Work.  She is an awesome mother.

Motherhood requires so many skills, and education brings with it confidence.  I am so grateful to know that each of my grandchildren have the benefit of intelligent women to call "mommy".

Kathryn

37. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 16 years ago

That's great - congratulations!!

38. LondonDuchess profile image60
    LondonDuchessposted 16 years ago

Many congratulations to you and your family

Viv

39. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80

This is fun...  I really appreciate these very warm wishes...

I am planning on printing this thread, as it has been so wonderful and giving it to her mom to keep for her...  Maybe she can put it in Lilly's baby book?

I am currently being pretty much 100% Nana right now, as I am at my daughter's helping.  What fun:-)

Thank you all:-)

LdsNana-AskMormon
    Kathryn

1. vietnamese profile image67
      vietnameseposted 16 years agoin reply to this

This is an awesome idea! I can't wait to get marry and have babies myself....hehehehehehe ... so  I can start something like this also.

40. profile image0
    RUTHIE17posted 16 years ago

Kathryn--
    Just found your post--many congratulations on a new grandbaby.  Glad mama and baby are both doing well!  I envy you having a new baby in your life--it's something I miss sometimes.
    Of course, it's also great to spoil 'em and then send them home!!  big_smile

41. drummer boy profile image61
    drummer boyposted 15 years ago

I am happy for you.  A lady at my work had her baby the same day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)