Laugh of the day

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

I don't want to make fun of fellow hubbers but this is the funniest thing I've read all day, I thought I was having a stroke because I could not make sense of the words.

He posted in Food asking for comments on his hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/graduation-cake-ideas

1. rmr profile image69
      rmrposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Did you read the whole thing?  I could't read far enough to get to the comments section.

1. rmr profile image69

I just went back and scrolled down to make a comment, but I found myself speechless. I need to GOOGLE "file ablution cake", and "how to bake from one prick". Should I take my uncastrated stock with me?

2. terenceyap07 profile image61
      terenceyap07posted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  My cheeks are cramped from all that laughing. I'm still laughing now! This is so funny!

2. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

I think it may be a terrible translate.google.com event.  There's no way it can be anything else, I refuse to believe it.

That's two Mt. Dew in two days that fall victim to the Hubpages Laughter Epidemic.

1. rmr profile image69

You're lucky you were drinking Mt. Dew. I was drinking (and now am wearing) coffee.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I figured that must be it smile

3. Courtney_CollinsD profile image61
    Courtney_CollinsDposted 15 years ago

O.o

4. Mia Mamma profile image61
    Mia Mammaposted 15 years ago

What are "fantabulous ideas"? This was funny like hell!

5. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

I went out hunting for a girl ware bar but couldn't find any. Anyone know where I can find one?

6. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

huuuuh?????? What was all that about?

7. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 15 years ago

That hub is still there and getting google ads. If poor grammar is sub-standard then what about this hub? Is it OK with hubpages??

8. VioletSun profile image79
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

Its a translation gone horribly wrong as Gamegirl suggests.  lol  The sentence "you and your uncastrated stock real immodest of. This instant should be famous lordly"  caught my attention. Don't think the graduation is going to go well as the hub seems to be about graduation cakes. LOL!!! Couldn't read the whole thing but did scroll all the way down for comments.

9. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 15 years ago

It's like they got a slab of text and put it in here: http://tashian.com/multibabel/

Check it out, it's a lot of fun.

I put in the first sentence that GamerGirl posted in this thread:

Original English Text:
    I think it may be a terrible translate.google.com event. There's no way it can be anything else, I refuse to believe it.

Translated to French:
    Je pense que ce peut être un événement terrible de
    translate.google.com. Il y a aucune voie qu'il ne peut être toute
    autre chose, je refusent de le croire.

Translated back to English:
    I think that it can be a terrible event of translate.google.com. There
    is no way which it cannot be anything else, I refuse to believe it.

Translated to German:
    Ich denke, daß es ein schrecklicher Fall von translate.google.com
    sein kann. Es gibt keine Methode, die es nicht sein kann noch etwas,
    ich ablehnen, ihm zu glauben.

I think that it can be a terrible case of translate.google.com. It
    gives to not be no method, it can still something, I reject, to
    believe him.

Translated to Italian:
    Penso che possa essere un caso terribile di translate.google.com. Dà
    per non essere metodo, esso può ancora qualcosa, io rifiuta, per
    crederlo.

Task that can be a terrible case of translate.google.com. It gives in
    order not to be method, it still can something, I refuses, in order to
    believe it.

Translated to Portuguese:
    Tarefa que pode ser um exemplo terrível de translate.google.com. Dá
    em ordem para não ser método, ele ainda lata algo, I recusa, a fim
    acreditá-lo.

Task that can be a terrible example of translate.google.com. It gives
    orderly not to be method, it still can something, I refuses, the end
    to believe it.

Translated to Spanish:
    Tarea que puede ser un ejemplo terrible de translate.google.com.
    Todavía da a ordenanza para no ser método, él lata algo, I rechaza,
    el extremo creerlo.

Task that can be a terrible example of translate.google.com. Still it
    gives decree not to be method, he annoys something, I rejects, the end
    to believe it.

1. weblog profile image57
      weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha...lot of fun indeed. Thanks big_smile

1. VioletSun profile image79
        VioletSunposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!! It IS funny.    big_smile

10. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

My guess is that there is a piece of software which takes an article written by someone else, and essentially stuffs random word substitutions in so that it no longer counts as duplicate content. It no longer makes sense, of course, but Googlebot can't read.

I have seen quite a few sites filled with this gibberish, that basically seems to exist for the sole purpose of holding up three Adsense units. It's the Clayton's MFA - the MFA you have when you're not having a MFA.

What beggars belief is that the idiot actually went and attracted members of the HubPages community to come and read it. Unlike Googlebot, we CAN read. And we know how to press "flag thus Hub".

Just when you think you have found a lower bound to human stupidity ...

Jenny

P.S. And obviously not from around here - one of those graduation cakes had a bride and groom on it! The days of having one's graduation and wedding in the same year are long gone in the Western world.

1. funride profile image68
      funrideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

I wish I could make hubs like this one big_smile. My "Funny stories" hubs are miles away but I´m going to translate them several times in order to get that funny lack of sense big_smile.

edit: I can´t stop laughing lol. Even though I´ve flagged it as "Not written in English" big_smile.

11. Lilymag profile image60
    Lilymagposted 15 years ago

I couldn't make it past the first 2 sentences!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But it is worth trying.. one of my favorite  parts is "There is real no requisite for plush decorations, but decorations are easily made of confetti, exercise caps cut from unfortunate medium, etc. At this age, there is also younger pauperism for planning tangled activities."

Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding unfortunate medium.

1. JamaGenee profile image77
        JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This thread is almost as funny as the hub!  Maybe if each of us would post a section of the article here (like Rochelle did), we'd be able to get through ALL of it.  I had to stop after the second paragraph!   The Comments section is blank, btw.  Go figure...

JamaGenee

2. JamaGenee profile image77
        JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thesaurus, anyone? 

I'm thinking we plug the whole thing into Word, put each sentence on a separate line, then make like Inspector Morse or Agatha Christie and read only the first (or last) word in each.

If that turns out to make no sense either, read every [pick a number] word.  This article seems like too much garbledy-gook even for translation software to screw up, so maybe it's some sort of code to hide "Drop the money under the special tree at sundown on Thursday".  cool

12. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

While I agree it's probably an auto-translation for the sake of adsense, it's still funny for the first few lines.

I'm thinking I should let my cats walk on my keyboard, then submit it to translation and then see what they have to say. 

Or, on second thought... what if they are better writers than I am? 

I'm not sure my fragile male ego could handle that.

Forget I mentioned it.

13. seohowto profile image59
    seohowtoposted 15 years ago

YOU MADE MY DAY:smile))
    this is actually what happens when people use google's translator OR a software that generates articles. But this guy was probably translating from Spanish to English

14. terenceyap07 profile image61
    terenceyap07posted 15 years ago

Yes... come to think of it... yes, it could a code... anyone here good at breaking codes?

15. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Maddie hasn't killed it yet - must be the holiday weekend, keeping her from her computer.

Jenny

P.S. You can get something like this text if you take an article from an article directory, and replace every noun, adjective and verb in it with either a) a random word beginning with the same letter, or b) a thesaurus alternative word (eg substitute "prick" for "scratch"), or c) a random word from a Shakespeare play or the King James version of the Bible.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)