jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)

Is a drop in traffic normal for this time of the year

1. mikicagle profile image95
    mikicagleposted 6 years ago

My traffic has really dropped off during the past several weeks. Is this normal due to it being the holiday season?

1. bogerk profile image86
      bogerkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine has definitely been better the last three days then it was last week.

Although, overall it isn't much to begin with so it would be hard to say if Christmas really hurt it or not.

2. Dorsi profile image90
      Dorsiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Mine dropped off right during and after Christmas but has returned. Some of my hubs were Christmas related and were pulling in some decent traffic.

3. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine dropped for a couple ways, but I just hit a record day yesterday smile

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Absolutely.

3. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 6 years ago

Yes. I noticed this also. My traffic has been taking a serious hit the last few weeks.

4. nell79 profile image85
    nell79posted 6 years ago

I noticed this too, until I got the hubnuggets nomination. Then that one hub went up, while the others are still quite slow (if not dead all together lol). I was hoping it was only temporary.

5. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 6 years ago

It all depends on who you're networking to - if all your friends are back at work trying, desperately trying, to catch up, then your traffic may be
         way

d
      o
        w

n

smile but cheer up, soon St. Valentine will be lifting spirits!

6. Midnight Oil profile image90
    Midnight Oilposted 6 years ago

After slow start a couple of weeks ago to a slight peak last week, things yesterday and today is extremely quite...

Tumbleweed rolls past hehehehehe

7. mikicagle profile image95
    mikicagleposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your answers.

8. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

I think so with my 3 month experience lol

9. thisisoli profile image63
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I don't think it is normal at all. The weeks leading up to Christmas are usually the most profitable.

http://www.thisisfreelance.com/hubstats.jpg

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

where do we get this graph for overall account?

1. Ign Andy profile image59
        Ign Andyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Go to your profile page and click the stats button.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks, I was always searching in account page. LOL

here is my one
          http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4336096_f248.jpg

2. GarfieldGates profile image85
      GarfieldGatesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree oli, however I have found that the time from directly after Christmas to New Years is generally slow as people generally like to spend their holiday time doing things other than more online shopping and reading, etc.

1. thisisoli profile image63
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Generally it drops on the 24th/25th for me, but picks up again afterwards. 

The original poster mentioned that they had seen slower traffic for weeks though, and several people agreed.  To me a drop in traffic before Christmas would be a large anomaly.

3. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not everyone has an account that is oriented such that year's end is the most profitable.  My biggest peak is another time of the year, it all depends on what you tend to write about.

So, rather than "absolutely" a better answer is "potentially."

That's why you should track your own stats and compare year to year, and not compare to other site users.

10. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

It is going to be differing for everyone, especially considering the topics niches and specific Hubs folks write about.

My own traffic started to drop, dramatically from the 8th Dec, and then dramatically increase again from the 26th Dec.

Will be interesting to see this time frame come 2011 Xmas period.

11. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 6 years ago

I agree that it depends on the hub. I guess people are busy getting ready for New Year's Eve, because my recipe hubs, which usually get next to nothing, have been going up in views. Most of my other hubs have gone down in views. Mine aren't usually all that busy anyway, LOL. But my queso recipe has exceeded 1000 views, which IMO seems a lot for a lowly recipe hub that's only been up for about 6 months. I am still very green and have only a few hubs, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

12. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

My traffic reduced on 25th and 26th and thereafter it is stable as before.

13. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

Site wide there is a little drop in month over month traffic from November to December.  Historically, it grows again in January.

working