They Walk Amongst Us . . . .

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

I received these in an email - They haven't all happened to me lol

I was at the checkout of a K-Mart. The check-out-chick rang up $46.64 charge. I gave her a fifty dollar bill. She gave me back $46.64. I gave the money back to her and told her that she had made a mistake in MY favor. She became indignant and informed me she was Educated and knew what she was doing, and returned the money again. I departed the store with the $46.64.
    They Walk Amongst Us

I walked into a Starbucks with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a Latte. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little chalkboard that said 'buy one-get one free.' 'They're already buy-one-get-one-free,' she said, 'so I guess they're both free' She handed me my free Lattes and I walked out the door.
    They Walk Amongst Us

One day I was walking down the beach with some Friends when one of them shouted, 'Look at that dead bird!' Someone looked up at the sky and said, 'Where'?
    They Walk Amongst Us

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real Estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, 'Does the sun rise in the north?' When my brother explained that the sun rises in the East, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, 'Oh I don't keep up with all that stuff.'
    They Walk Amongst Us

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call centre. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call centre was open. I told him, 'The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.' He responded, 'Is that Eastern Standard time?' Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, 'Uh, yes.'
    They Walk Amongst Us

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the boot.
    They Walk Amongst Us

My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that VB slabs were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 slabs. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.
    They Walk Amongst Us

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. 'Now,' she asked me, has your plane arrived yet?'
    They Walk Amongst Us

While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small takeaway pizza. He appeared to be alone. The cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. 'Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6.'
    They Walk Amongst Us

......... and they Reproduce, and Worst of all ............

THEY VOTE !!!!!

1. JamaGenee profile image79
      JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

One day last summer, I'd gone off to work without my thermos of coffee. (Why pump my hard-earned pay back into the company's over-priced vending machines?)  At lunch, needing caffeine NOW, I went to the nearest drive-thru (Sonic) and ordered a large iced coffee.  There was about 30 seconds of total silence...the girl scanning all the menu choices on the register...then "Ma'am, we don't have iced coffee". 

So I said..... roll

You have coffee, right?

Yes.

You have ice, right?

Yes.

Before you pour the coffee into the cup, put a lot of ice in the bottom.

(10 more seconds of dead silence...)

Ohhhhhh.....

They Walk Amongst Us

1. rmr profile image68
        rmrposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Same thing happened to me, but it was iced tea, and a Chinese restaurant. When I asked for it, they looked confused. What I got, was a glass of ice water, and a plate with a tea bag on it!

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

My mom always bought 1% milk, but my step-sister always complained that she likes 2% better.  Mom told her to fill half of her glass from one 1% carton, and then fill up the other half from the new 1% carton that was in the fridge.  My step-sister did and was quite happy.

They Walk Amongst Us

3. ceounlimited profile image60
    ceounlimitedposted 15 years ago

During my lunch hour I walked into a popular pizza shops and asked for one of their championship smoothies.  The cashier asked me if I wanted that with or without ice?  With a scooby doo turn of the head - I repeated my order, she looked directly back at me and asked again, With or without ice?  I stated that most smoothies I've come across are made with ice, fruit and juices/water blended together.  She said, what is a smoothie?  (say it ain't so)

THEY WALK AMONGST, US!

4. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

At at popular prime rib restaurant in town, a friend asked me why this particular cut of meat was called prime rib.  "Are there some ribs better than others?" he asked.

I explained that the meat was so named because it would not do to refer to its origins directly as prime rib is the genitalia of the female "cow."  "Prime rib is a euphemism for cow va*!^@," I said.

He wrinkled his brow at me, head slightly tipped, "Really?"

"Of course," I explained.  "You see, 'prime' is an old slang term for having intercourse, and 'rib' is a reference to Eve's having been created from a rib of Adam."  I told him that the name selection had to do with decency, but that the meat was delightful as he obviously knew having eaten half of it already. I smiled politely, the teacher done with the lesson, and went back to my meal, kicking my wife under the table lest her bulging eyes and that snicker contained barely by a hand upon her mouth burst free.

My friend stared down at the half eaten slab of tender pink meat in his plate and began to pale visibly.  LOL

They Walk Amongst Us

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That story is SO good. lol

And @ Stacie:
      You're joking.
      Right ? ? ?

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I generally am, but not this time.  She's five years older than me, but even I knew then how silly it was.

Shadesbreath: Sounds like you would fit into my family as we always pull that kind of stuff on others (and each other). 

While living in Switzerland, my aunt and I had people convinced that the dairy was so good because all of the cows were very relaxed and content.  You see, they have cows wear bells because the melodious tinkling and ringing make the cows happy.  Every time they move the bells ring, making happy cows.  Zen.  Thus creating outstanding dairy products.

5. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 15 years ago

Whilst working for a waste management division, one of our supervisors hurt his knee cap pretty bad and then went to go and get some ice in a bag, he returned with some ice in a bag and held it on his knee for at least half an hour, another colleague walked in and said how come that ice has turned to water?

They Walk Among Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Well, I must confess to a bit of absent mindedness from many years ago.

I went into a shop to buy an apple pie with cream.
    But my head was concentrating on other things, and the request came out as
    "An apple pie with Sauce"

The shop assistant asked me twice "Are you SURE that's what you want?, and I said yes.

It was only when I bit into the apple pie and tasted Tomato sauce instead of cream, that I understood why the shop assistant quizzed me.

I walk amongst me lol

7. rmr profile image68
    rmrposted 15 years ago

I once made the mistake of ordering chicken, at a steak house. The (very young) waiter asked me how well I would like it done. Dumbfounded, I looked at him for a moment, then said, "What the hell. Bring me the chicken sushi!" He returned a few minutes later, and told me they did not serve chicken-sushi, so I asked for a porterhouse, instead.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Probably a really, really good call.

1. rmr profile image68
        rmrposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's my guess that sarcasm was wasted on this waiter.

For sure, and it's my guess that he was inept and perhaps pre-neanderthal as well.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
            B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There was, in fact, evidence of a suborbital ridge. Possible evidence that he wasn't quite done evolving?

8. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

Too bad there's not an evolutionary microwave we can pop people into to finish them off if they haven't quite caught up to the rest.

Hey, that's a hub idea!!!!  I shall go play with it now!

9. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

I am laughing so much that I can barely respond.....Wheeeee!

10. quensday profile image67
    quensdayposted 15 years ago

One of my guy friends kept pestering me about the loyalty of his girlfriend. During the umpteenth anecdote for which I am supposed to provide some girl insight to, I finally said, "You know what it is? Sometimes the on button in a girl's brain is switched off. Tell her to switch it back on."
    He replies, "Really?"

This one's going to reproduce!

11. cowgirljess profile image60
    cowgirljessposted 15 years ago

All of these are great, I have had my laugh for the day. LOL thankyou

12. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

Ooh...I love it when they reproduce.

13. glassvisage profile image85
    glassvisageposted 15 years ago

I feel I'm going to have to put up one of my own doing...

My friend and I were at work, and she complained that she was going to have to write an autobiography after her shift that night.

To prove my interest in her assignment, I made sure to ask, "Who is it going to be about?"

Sigh.

Glass, see, it's confessions like this that make us all feel like we aren't alone.

14. balisunset profile image61
    balisunsetposted 15 years ago

we are human

we often lose focus and concentration and  do many stupid things

no one can escape this..........

True, but I keep trying.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)