Calling for info from JFK Assassination Conspiracy Experts

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

So I watched the Oliver Stone movie JFK last night for the first time. What I'd like to know from the experts is how did you view this film?

Do you think it is well done and provided a good background or is it misleading?

I don't know enough about all of the conspiracy theories (yet) to make a judgement but was blown away by the movie.

Can you recommend some reading about the trial in New Orleans, the DA, and that part of it. I would like to learn more.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image73
      Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can recommend a video you might be interested in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LICIfdZ5_ek    Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KPBY2q8 … re=related    Part 2

2. Ms Dee profile image87
      Ms Deeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After some years of extensive reading (I was 10 when JFK was brutally murdered and experienced the trauma of the event), I have found the following book (no longer in print but available on the internet) pulls together the pieces better than anything I've read thus far: http://www.ratical.com/ratville/JFK/ToA/ToA.html

Another highly recommened that is out of print but I was able to get through Amazon.com is Accessories After the Fact by Sylvia Meagher.  Let me know if you'd like further suggestions or want to pick my brain from what I've read over the years.

2. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 13 years ago

I also watched the movie last week, and then saw it again yesterday. It IS a wonderful movie. The parts I like best were the Donald Sutherland (Mr X) - even though he had a 15-20 min role. And the last scene, especially the closing "speech" that Kevin Costner delivers.

It is an excellent movie.

The "Single/Magic Bullet" theory is definitely very interesting.

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Thank you Arthur, I just watched the first video and will spend more time with it today.

While I was watching the movie last night I was amazed at the power of the Cuban immigrant population then, the continued power it has had in determining presidents vis-a-vis it's Florida influence - and then my mind made the leap to Mexican influence in our internal affairs and the security of our borders. And how the Mexican immigrant community and the president of Mexico have the influence to make the Federal government ignore our own laws.

I was also sorely troubled by the fact that Kennedy's security was taken away and no one noticed that day - or seemed to care. Could that happen today?

Again any books on the topic would be appreciated. I've spent this year reading about conspiracy theories. I got kind of stuck on Roswell and the death of James Forrestal and have spent a lot of time on it - perhaps too much. And I've read alot about the Lincoln assasination as well.

4. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I have no thoughts about the JFK assassination.  But I read an article in a magazine (I think it was Popular Science) a few years back that gave a wonderful and totally plausible theory about Roswell.  I may have posted on it before - I'll check and see.  It might be worth a Hub for whoever gets to it first.

5. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

The JFK assasination? It's a no-brainer.

(get it? JFK? no brains?)

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Spoken by someone who never knew and loved someone who died of gunshot wound to the head, I presume?

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
        Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everyone who had agripe w JFK stood in line, and there were many, including Southern Dems (Baptists) because JFK (Roman Catholic) Mafia because of RFK the Attorney Gen. The commies, the KKK, Aryan Nations, and , remember, He had defeated "Tricky Dick" Nixon for the Oval prize, so even he can't be crossed off (The three bums picked up in the rail yard may have been his buddies)

6. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Why were Secret Service men ordered to step off the back of the president's car before taking that final fatal turn in front of Dealey (sp?) Plaza? According to one account. (And other questions...)

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are so many questions regarding the Secret Service and protection of the president - that's what I think about the most. Could that happen again today.

So they would be out of the way when JFK was ambushed.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I haven't seen the movie, but I do remember the day and the days following, quite well. (Wrote a hub.)

I've always thought it took an incredibly long time for anyone to bring forth conspiracy theories about the event-- but maybe part of it was that the whole nation was in such a state of shock , that we desperately wanted some kind of credible explanation for an unfathomable event.

I'm sure there are things we still don't know, but those who have proposed theories just don't seem to have it all pulled together.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I barely remember that time or day. But it seems to have been a time, when we believed or wanted to believe in large institutions and government, so we didn't question. Or we were too afraid of people like Joe McCarthy to question.

It's because there was so much cover-up going on.  Check out http://www.ratical.com/ratville/JFK/ToA/ToA.html

8. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Fl9ZVJ7B8 Here's a good video about the JFK assassination by Bill Hicks

9. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

If you really want to know what was leading up to the event, try searching Yahoo for "JFK verses the federal reserve".

Read about executive order # 11110, signed by JFK.

Think about all of the power and money involved. 

It opens up a whole new perspective on this issue.

1. Joni Douglas profile image84
      Joni Douglasposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just read about this a few weeks ago.  You are right!

Sets the table a whole new way.

1. profile image0
        jerrylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Joni,  Too bad so few people take the time to do the research.

Isn't it funny that the media that covers everything that the president does, hushed up this topic?

10. Band2 profile image59
    Band2posted 13 years ago

I saw JFK years ago when it first came out and I honestly felt that it could have happened that way.
    I really can't believe all that damage was done by one bullet.
    On the other hand, did you see Watchmen?
    Maybe the second shooter was the Comedian.
    LOL

11. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 13 years ago

well 4 weeks past, but try TMWKK in a YouTube search..stands for The Men Who Killed Kennedy.. about 9 parts with with 5 individual subparts.. very long .. much detail.. take what ya want from it... something else intersting.. not on the video... 'govna' connelly who was shot in the front seat , upon departing the 'govnaship' , made a last pardon of a burlesque girl named 'Candy Barr'.  Candy Barr was the girlfriend of Micky Cohen who owned the vaudeville club next door to Ruby. Both were part of the Jewish Mafia and both had associate connections with Meyer Lansky of Las Vegas and Hollywood.  ..The question is why would the' govna' pardon a simple stripper from her simple drug charge on his last act as 'govna'? ....  Now, The 'Babushka lady' is seen taking video at the right spot to capture everything on film. This lady never came forward or did she? Years later  beverly Oliver cam forward as the 'babushka lady but her story is in doubt.. My theory is the real babushka lady was Candy Barr the stripper and that her her thanks for cooperating with FBI, handing over the film and keeping quiet was that ' pardonin'... Bev Oliver is an FBI disinfo agent to keep this video shut up from the Freedom of Information Act. They can plausibly deny owning a film by Bev Oliver but can they deny owning a film by Ms. Candy Barr (stage name) ?... she was said to be on probation and not able to leave the county from browsville to Dallas but who adheres to that... Wouldn't want to be the first to ask though bcz could end up dead in a ditch like the rest.... think I might write a hub on my Candty Barr theory.. thanks 4 posting this question. BTW, google any of these names and you'll see what I mean about connections.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)