I'm Looking for History Hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Freeway Flyer profile image82
    Freeway Flyerposted 13 years ago

I'm looking for other history teachers and/or enthusiasts who write lots of hubs that are related to history. I'm always looking for new information that I can incorporate into the courses that I teach. I was also wondering if anyone has success making money from their history related hubs. And if so, how?

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have reciently gone back to school on-line, this time for a degree I want; History. I love to write and do write History papers mostly for Hobby and a blog. Have never made a dime though.

2. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Check out the hubs of Sufidreamer: http://hubpages.com/profile/Sufidreamer

and the hubs of Darkside: http://hubpages.com/profile/darkside

Both are very good writers and have plenty of History hubs.

3. Freeway Flyer profile image82
      Freeway Flyerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks everybody. I'll start going through some of your hubs as I get the chance.

4. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How exactly will you be 'incorporating' the content into your courses?

In the same way that I incorporate the stuff that I hear on NPR on the way to work. The more examples that I can give to demonstrate points, and the deeper my knowledge of the content, the better I can make the class. It's amazing how often things just pop up in the course of a history class.

5. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Patty Inglish has a series of well-written history hubs and she simply presents the facts, no political bias. 
      she is a very successful hubber, you might want to check her out.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/USA-history

Yes, I've already read a couple.

6. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do the history hubs for the love of the subject.

Most traffic is from students looking for information for history school projects.

7. qeyler profile image62
      qeylerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've written a lot of hubs about history; esp those quirky areas people are unfamiliar with...from Jews in the Caribbean to the Invasion of Iceland

8. Brandy Greer profile image60
      Brandy Greerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a homeschooler and write a blog about ancient history for my kids to use in their lessons. I write about history topics on hubpages that are interesting to me and will help my blog get exposed to more homeschoolers.  My site is http://www.ancienthistoryforhomeschool. I invite you to check it out and leave your comments!

2. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Hi Freeway Flyer,
        I am new to HubPages but I minored in History at College, and just strated writing some US History Hubs. Would love you to comment on them and see if I am on the right track. About making money--none.

3. dpdrak01 profile image55
    dpdrak01posted 13 years ago

Iam a history hubber, fairly new to this site but i love history and much like yourself I am a teacher as well. i have a couple hubs let me know what you think. I am working on sevral projects that engage student and will be happy to offer any help I can
    Thanks a million and good luck.

4. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

You might want to have a look at Paraglider and IantoPF also.

5. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 13 years ago

I was a History major in college and I love to incorporate history in many of my screenplays and short stories.  I've only written a very few history type hubs but they get a lot of traffic.

Maybe you can be more specific on what it is you are looking for. Go to the questions section and ask someone to write a hub on a specific topic and I'm sure you will get plenty of responses.

6. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

I love history and try to occasionally add a history hub or two just for fun! Certain ones do add a little cash now and then.  Mine are about places I have visited personally and found interesting!

7. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

HI   I have written a few, take a look- some more in the pipeline. Nos of readers are not particulalry high but they are appreciative- and yes, some do add cash

I just looked at your profile. Look forward to checking some out. I can get stronger especially in ancient history.

8. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I love history and include some in a few of my hubs. I plan to write more soon about a historical American city..

check out http://hubpages.com/profile/FCEtier

9. MartieCoetser profile image69
    MartieCoetserposted 13 years ago

jambo87; tonymac04;  Depends on what/who's history you need.

10. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

I write about certain aspects of history?

1. christopheranton profile image63
      christopherantonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi there.
      There is always a demand for more history writers. I'm not sure if there is a lot of money to be made, but there is a lot of pleasure from getting appreciative comments. Best wishes for all your efforts.

11. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Again what period of history are you interested in?

I write some English and Ancient Egyptian history hubs - you can make some Adsense money from them and sell a few books off Amazon if you can drive enough traffic to them.  They don't make nearly as much money as product reviews, 'how tos', and sales hubs though.

I mostly teach American history, so my hubs tend to gravitate toward that subject. But I will be branching out soon.

12. Idugit profile image59
    Idugitposted 13 years ago

Hi, Freeway Flyer,

I've written about 15 history hubs, mostly to do with Ancient Rome, but a couple about early aviation and a couple more about Ancient Egypt.

I haven't made any money froom them as I set the 'advertising' box at 'Low'.  If you do want to earn cash from your hubs, keeping advertising at 'High' will help.  I just like writing.

Best of luck with your hubs!

Idugit

13. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

Hello Hello (name of a Hubber)

publishes lots of interesting Hubs on History. Her latest one is about the Titanic.

14. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i majored in history, but not sure how much $$ there is to be made

15. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

I've got a couple history hubs up.

In the non-virtual world, I do presentations about Michigan's colonial history for students, historical societies, and other interested parties.

16. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I have a few about California Gold Rush history-- and working on another one. I don't think they have earned much, but that wasn't my reason for writing them.

Just like most gold miners.

17. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

Hi Freeway Flyer

I only have a few history hubs, some about Ancient Greece and one about my hometown in England. I make a little money off the Ancient Greece hubs, probably from adverts about Greek villas and holidays, but nothing worth getting excited about.

Shinkicker writes some wonderful Hubs about the history of Glasgow, and LondonGirl will take you on a tour through the history of England. Randy Godwin has some fascinating US history hubs. Iskra1916 and Endamac have the Irish angle covered, and James A Watkins is a fine historian and writer.

There are many more that I have temporarily forgotten, but I rarely have time to read nowadays sad

Hope that helps smile

Thanks for the tips.

18. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 13 years ago

Hi Freeway Flyer

I wrote couple of hubs on the second world war mainly the holocaust victims and the concentration camps but I have one on Ernst Rohm,

19. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Freeway - Do you teach adults or children?
    I can only offer my expertise in the Music History department. Best of luck!

I teach community college students. What kind of music do you focus on?

20. profile image0
    jambo87posted 13 years ago

Historia does history hubs and only that. He has about 112 hubs, but only 13 followers.  He deserves many more...check him/her out.

21. raisingme profile image75
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

History was one of my least favourite subjects and is one of my eldest daughter's favourites - she has a minor in history.  However, I have just published, and am continuing to publish a family history that spans almost 150 years and I am now completely hooked on the subject and have an appreciation as to why it is some people are "history buffs".  So far I'm on #7 and I am absolutely hooked.

22. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I am doing a series of poems on famous Indian Chiefs of Ohio. I love that stuff.

23. Charles James profile image66
    Charles Jamesposted 13 years ago

Frogdropping has done a hub on the Lisbon earthquake and another on a diplomat who issued Portuguese visas to Jewish refugees and helped thousands escape the Holocaust.
    My "High Cost of Virginity" hub is social history, and so are the law student hubs about nitroglycerine and "Eating the cabin boy".
    Perhaps ask HubPages to set up a history category?

24. lyrad2008 profile image56
    lyrad2008posted 13 years ago

I have known two top History Hubbers that did some great researches on World War historical facts and issues:

http://hubpages.com/profile/daryl2007

http://hubpages.com/profile/alphonsians93

Go for them!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)