There are 450 religion out there which is tell the truth?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (39 posts)
  1. profile image52
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

One religion states I need to live for christ, another says I have to be Baptize, another says I have to speak in tongue, another says you have to worship God on sabbath, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

speaking in tongue is the evidence that you have Christ, you do not have to speak in tongues,that is just evidence, baptizing is a step you take to follow Christ, He was baptized by John baptist. what you have stated is all one religion. study the Bible and you will know what you are to do

2. SpiritPhilosopher profile image57
      SpiritPhilosopherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All Religions are hiding the 'Truth', in order to deceive their followers and to make money for their own easy life!

If they once reveal the truth, then that will be the END of all religions in the world!

3. Ruben Rivera profile image61
      Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religion is just a way to control the masses, instill fear.

1. profile image52
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

All Religion can't be faith, just like all people can't be evil. well anyone answer the question?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think many of the Religious leaders were right, Jesus, Allah, and Buddha etc....according to my mystic kind of faith. It’s just the Translations were wrong, in which requires blind faith. Evil is the absence of reason, not faith, as many try to lead you to believe, by their controlling powers may be. Yes it’s an over ego world, not truly a spiritual age yet,

4. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Worldwide, there are close to 40,000 differing protestant sects! They all claim to have it right.
      Catholics claim they have it right.
      Jim Jones and his follwers thought they had it right and all died to prove it...lol
      C'mon, monotheism is the deadliest, most assinine concept man has created to date.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How I handle this over righteousness for myself is I only take the best from each and every group and incorperatated in my life. Not belonging to any one group, allows me unlimited thinking and natural ways.

2. profile image52

You are right with what you are saying, but, these are religion that are saying that they love God, but, do not. Is there any Religions that do love God and show it?

5. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The true faith is the one residing within the temple. What temple? Jesus tells you in the Gospels.

1. profile image52

You can not trust man, not even me, notice what God say about this; the heart is DECEITFULLY WICK, who can know it.

6. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Every religion out there claims to have the truth. Just ask any member of any religion and you gotta winner.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

And one says you must kill infidels, and one said you must drink poison to meet the aliens coming to take you away, and some say you must handle dangerous snakes to meet God or destroy your mind with drugs.

If you wish to believe mythology as truth simply pick which one appeals to you or make your own.  They all have about the same amount of truth.

1. profile image57

try checking out the religion before talking about them,
      there are bad people every where they even get int religions

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seems it's the other way round, religions make good people do bad things. smile

1. Druid Dude profile image60

Prove it. Unsubstantiated, unproven blanket statements only make you sound ignorant. I don't believe you are. Why do you believe we are? Arrogance. You are arrogant, can't deny that. Full of yourself, too. Seems like you would have picked a name that was less Judeo-Christian in concept. Kinda makes my point for me. Thanks. No, REALLY. Thanks.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but to list all the atrocities perpetrated in the name of a god would cause the Hubpages servers to blow a fuse.

I don't need to believe you are, believers offer those atrocities in hard evidence.

Yes, I understand you feel the need to insult me personally when you're unable to form an argument. I'm sure it makes you feel superior, but it also provides support for my point.

Yes, I can see how focusing on my userid changes the subject so that you don't have to think and form an intelligent response. smile

3. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

Religion is willful ignorance. Belief is the act of picking a set of answers (or more usually being indoctrinated with them as a child) and sticking to them regardless of any evidence or reasoned arguments to the contrary. Why do you feel you need to have a religion at all?

1. profile image52

You have your termology off, this is myths, not religion.  a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society <seduced by the American myth of individualism — Orde Coombs>

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

religion is man made and so there is so many...there would be many more in future too and many would die or get evolved...

2. kephrira profile image60
        kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It says religion in the title of the topic and in your first post. And if you pick out the mythology of one relgion to believe in, then you are believing in that religion, and the same point applies.

2. profile image57

kephrira   your posts says you have never seen the power of Gods love
      the Word says it will confound the ones in the world, because they do not want to see the truth,
      it is so easy to talk about something you do not understand

well but doesn't that apply to those who disagree with kephrira too?..it is so easy to talk about what other doesnot understand and so difficult to see what we ourselves fail to understand...guess that is human...

1. profile image57

I was once where kephrira is, I understand, but I have met Jesus Christ,
          yes I said I met Jesus and unless some one gets to know Jesus they will never understand where a true Christian is and where they are going in their life, they can not understand Christianity.
          as I said before I was once one that did not understand

i can't debate on that my friend..it is matter of faith..

1. profile image57

most true Christians did not grow up in church, the ones that did ended up leaving and joining the world and its pleasures, some of them come back to Jesus, so the majority of Christians do understand where the non-believers are and where they are coming from,
              we do not condemn non-believers, we are not perfect and never will be,sometimes we do not state our position correctly, we are to keep trying

2. profile image52

Friend if you believe in God, you know there is a anti-God call the devil, his job is to cause disbelief in God, and he is doing a great job. Look at this hub and all this disbeliever, believe it are not we Christians have cause most of the disbelief, by our actions. There have to be a true church. Help me fine it, Please.

1. getitrite profile image71
                getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then you will go mad trying to find it, because there cannot be a TRUE church since the whole premise is based on a LIE about an imaginary God.

There.  You have your answer.

2. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, instead, this is a tricky way to keep you and all believers in the binds of slavery to nonsense.

Your religion actually enforces people not to think, by discounting wisdom as delusion.

Then wisdom is replaced with abject willful ignorance.

God confounds intelligent, thinking people, because the concept is mindless drivel.

This is utterly absurd!

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with  this. All religion is absurd belief driven by fear.

4. aware profile image66
    awareposted 13 years ago

Till you hear it from the horses mouth its self. Its not gods word.

1. Anesidora profile image62
      Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aware has a direct line.

(I'm just not sure it's the horse's mouth he's talking to.)

2. pisean282311 profile image62

horses mouth?...but most horses are dead now...

5. christ4ever profile image65
    christ4everposted 13 years ago

I was raised Christian (Episcopal) but began to explore everything else out there in the World as I was overly curious and did not feel I was getting all the answers somehow. I enjoyed history and archaeology as it looked into where we all come from. I enjoyed the stories of mythology because I felt there had to be some "truth" hidden behind these legends and it was not just mere fiction.

I gravitated towards scientific study because that "made sense", but then I found science was lacking in answers to everything as well. There was still alot of things we either did not know or simply did not understand or could not be explained either for that matter. Something was missing or had been lost to us. Archaeology was continually re-discovering "secrets" from our past that had been sealed when the great mythical civilizations of Mu and Atlantis were lost before the "Great Deluge" of Greek Myth and the Gilgamesh Epic of the Sumerians (the world's oldest found civilation thus far), and this matched the stories I remembered of Noah from the Bible.

So I explored alternative fields of science like parapsychology, UFOlogy and that led to more of the metaphysical sciences. I knew that we were not alone in this universe and that there was so much more out there than what we could experience on our tiny little world. I became "enlightened" to a more open-minded way of thinking and that led to the supernatural aspects of "New Age" reasoning because this "spiritual science" explained what traditional science could not.

I then began to research more "eastern" ways of thinkling because the western world apparently had lost the "knowledge of the ancients" through the dark ages and the rise of modern religions. I admired the teachings and compassion of Buddah. I looked into the mysticism of Hinduism and reincarnation because I was sure that there was more to our eternal souls than what most westerners believed and taught. I studied the martial arts which opened doors to the philosophy of Confucius, Zen and the living practices of Taoism. These were more aligned with nature and therefore seemed more "natural" to the way things should be.

Coming back to the west, I loved nature and began to understand why the Druids practiced a harmony with it. I was sympathetic to our native American brothers and sisters, as their beliefs were basic and a return to this same "harmony of life" with the natural elements. Their Shamans seemed to have the ability to "see" beyond the physical world and into the spiritual realm to unlock the mysteries of life.

I was "saved" in college and reaquainted with the God of the Bible. I then met some of Jehovah's Witnesses and was refreshed to see that there was actually a newer revial in the understanding of scripture. I then lived with some Mormon people and was thrilled to find out there were some more modern ways (with documentation) of confirming the existence of Jesus Christ and His validity as being sent from God. There was now a "new" mesage being sent out to the modern world based on the beliefs of our forefathers. I was still sure however that this God had to be some kind of "greater being" that was out there and was above all these things we knew and understood. All of humanity had only found little pieces of the whole truth and there still had to be some form of "hybrid" out there, a method that brought together the sum total of all our beliefs and understanding as one under God.

I then found some Pegans and some Wiccan friends that also seemed to believe in a revival of God and they incorporated all of the natural arts I had already studied in combination with him. I knew there was "Karma" and a "Yin" and "Yang" or some equivalent, a flow of positive energy and negative energy in the cosmos which equated to translating into good and evil in our world. I understood that those who dabled in the "dark" arts were of the occult sciences and those that pursued the "light" were "gifted" with a renewed vision of living in harmony with all the natural elements. This all made good sense and explained many of the things I could not, and I DID SEE proof of both good and evil in the spiritual relam, things that our normal sciences could never begin to explain.

I then began to realize and understand that the voice of our conscious mind was in fact NOT just us talking to ourselves, but the actual influence of these forces in the invisible realm. I slowly learned how to "distinguish" between misleading thoughts and influences, and listen to the voice of reason and the pursuit of good and positive things. I learned that the "power of positive thinking" in our own minds was incredible. We could be "in charge" of our own destinies if we held steady the practice and focused on what was good and what we wanted from our lives. I became more happy, more successful in my endeavors, and had a pretty well rounded life and family. Then something happened and it all went away! Some of my senior family members had passed from this world. I became divorced after the birth of a new child, lost my regular career, and my part-time alternate business began to fail.

I then set out to re-group and make an attempt at patching it all together. I had become somewhat successful again after a few short years but had also become a "slave" to my own business. I had no real social life beyond reconnecting with my child and trying to spend more time with the family I had left. I did not have much time remaining for former friends and lost contact with many of them.

Then one day as I thought and meditated, a somewhat familiar voice from the postive side of the universe spoke to me...

He said: "I AM the Lord thy God and no others can compare to me! You have been gone too long my child and you have a purpose in this world. I want you to serve ONLY ME, and I have something I want you to do for me..." and He went on to explain a bit further. I fell to the ground in tears and was so overcome by the energy I felt, that I could not do anything else that weekend but stare in awe at the glorious sky above me.

My life and belief system have come full circle and that is the testimony that our Lord God has given for me to share with others. I cannot begin to explain it and I have learned to stop even trying to grasp what is God's will. The more I have faith in what I do not know and cannot begin to comprehend about the mind of God, the more He allows me to "see" the His wisdom and truth. It is truly amazing and a mircale in itself.

All I can say is that His word IS recorded somewhere (The Bible) and that by studying it fervently with prayer and meditation, the Word becomes "alive" and communicates to you. The less I "try" to make sense of it all, the more sense it all begins to make. You have to have faith in His Word to even grasp it, but you have to first pick it up and read it before you can even open those doors. Reject "religion" and what man attempts to teach himself. Rely on the Word of God ONLY, for therein lies the keys to all understanding.

"Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding. Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction." (Proverbs 10:12-14)

...and Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 4:16).

6. kess profile image60
    kessposted 13 years ago

There are no true religion except the one called life.

there is no other word of God except the one that you hear without the aid of another.

there are no doctrines to believe and follow except the one you make for yourself to yourself.

if therefore you live this religion folllowing thatr doctrine according to that word of God.  and you do so with a singleness  of heart mind and purpose, if the false which you believe will turn around to be true, and the evil you do will turn out to be good.

For it is the way of the father of Life, to turn the false into truth and the evil into good and nothing in to all things.

1. profile image52

If this is true then we are all lost. I hope and pray that KESS is wrong. I know he is wrong about doing it yourself, I have tried doing myself and other friends have tried doing it their-self and it did not work. I don't know who, cause disbelief in KESS, yes, I do it was the devil.

1. Druid Dude profile image60

Haj. IF: there is a God, and IF God is omnipotent, and therefore, Almighty and infallable, then rest assured, that the "Plan" works way better than any concept that man might present. It is the secret of "The first and the last"(Alpha/Omega.)

7. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Buddhism.

8. Son Of Hamza profile image35
    Son Of Hamzaposted 13 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)