How many of you believe that death is not final?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (43 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

do you believe in after life or consider it to be metaphor?

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whatever one believes, it is sure to be met by the facts at some point. smile

As I don't know whether there is life after death or not, I'm perfectly comfortable not knowing. smile

1. Rastamermaid profile image65
        Rastamermaidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said Sophia.

I concur!

Thanx for putting it so well.

2. yazoogal43 profile image40
        yazoogal43posted 13 years agoin reply to this

until the ending and then, ? take of the water of life freely

2. michael's son profile image61
      michael's sonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well i don't know for certain whether there is life after death, none of us do. I do believe in life after death. I believe in reincarnation as well. The main reason i believe in reincarnation is because i have memories that don't seem to fit this lifetime. But my my beliefs are mine and yours are yours. No ones right and no ones wrong, because we will never know what the truth is until we die.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

agreed...

2. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And if there is nothing after death we wont even know then! Nothing left of us to know with wink

3. profile image52
        markoweposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it wouldn't be quite right to say, "No-one's right and no-one's wrong", it's more like, 'Someone's right and someone's wrong, but we won't know who until we die'!

Only thing is, it might be too late to change your opinion about it by then smile

1. michael's son profile image61

lol very well said my friend

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are in the age where the death and Life is joined.

Therefore we see the Living as if they are dead and the dead as if they are alive.

Nevertheless each will go to their own place.

This will happen when those who are dead see the Life because they are from it.

While those who are alive will continue to see death cause to them life is nothing except death, because they are from it.

4. TheRaptorClaw profile image61
      TheRaptorClawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe that after we die we go to heaven if we were good.

1. OpinionDuck profile image59
        OpinionDuckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But even if there was a Heaven to go to after you die, would you be you, could you continue as you lived.

It may be a life, but it wouldn;t be the one that you left.

1. yazoogal43 profile image40

And praise GOD FOR IT, YE SHALL KNOW AS YE ARE KNOWN

2. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I once; a long time ago, read a series of books written by Jane Adams, called the SETH Series.
            This is her concept as best as I can remember it.

the person that we perceive ourself to be, just might be but one fragment of a higher consciousness.  And that higher self might have many fragments (similar to ourselves yet different)existing in numerous time continuum's.
            And when this physical body dies this fragment returns to a collective SELF taking with it our life's experiences and lessons.  In this manner our higher consciousness is constantly evolving into a wiser and better (for lack of a better word)  Person.
             Thus the need to become better people in this life, for the betterment of our higher self.   
            For instance, suppose that in this life we are an abusive husband. In another life we would be an abused wife. Rich in one and poor in another, etc. etc.

And when we die, we return to our source.

If this were true it would not have to be affirming nor denying the existence of one God, yet could explain a lot of the misconceptions that humanity is plagued with.

At the very least I found these books to be very interesting
             It has been 30 years since I read those books.
             Maybe I need to read them again?

2. yazoogal43 profile image40

GOODNESS WILL NOT SAVE YOU, tHE BLOOD OF CHRIST WILL take of the water of life and accept salvation     it is free

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
          pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you mean? Water of life is where? That which sustains our lives or that which gives us life? (Don't think they are separate in a sense) Or that which you drink in churches?

Water of life is what makes us exist as we know to be existing.

Or are you meaning something else?

5. LadyCelest7 profile image60
      LadyCelest7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Egyptians had a strong beleive in the afterlife so much so on their walls they had it mapped out . they must have known something I beleive, perhaps it is something we all know but it is not on the physical level.

6. yazoogal43 profile image40

Consider everyday you have lived and if you can control one hour without help, no indeed and that help is not self inspired nor created

7. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It doen't matter what we believe, now is all we have!

2. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

Not only do I believe that there is "life" beyond death, I regularly receive proof in the form of messages from my loved ones that have crossed over.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I'd like that.

I have to say that I do realize that there are invisible presences that are alive but whether they are the dead or other entities pretending to be the dead, I don't know. My experience with them is that they don't know what I don't know. In other words, I think they're just telepathic! They throw back at me what they get from me.

And, there, just when you though I was totally sane, I go and kill al the fun by admitting that I think there are more forms of life on this planet than we currently acknowledge... smile

1. profile image0
        Toby Hansenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very nicely and diplomatically stated smile

2. michael's son profile image61

Really? these messages wouldn't happen to come in the form of dreams would they?

3. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Has anyone one said yet?
    Well, I count for one!

Huh?

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

????? hmm

im cornfused lol

1. aka-dj profile image65
            aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure you are, if you didn't understand my post.

4. profile image52
    markoweposted 13 years ago

I personally DO believe death is not final. Seems quite a limited view to think that it is. That view comes from the scientific approach that basically all that we can see and feel is all there is. That wouldn't really cover death anyway! I can easily claim (and science can't really disagree) that all death does is take you away to another reality of some kind, which is totally unknowable by science.

Also, this is hardly proof, but don't you think it's weird that we can conceive of life after death? I mean, hard-core atheists will say, well, that's like some kind of defence mechanism, so we don't think about death too much. But how come no 'other animal' sits there thinking about death and the afterlife?! The concept has never crossed an animal's mind, EVER, I am sure of it! So where do WE get it from?

and how would you know what animals are thinking about? lol

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I believe that our spirit or life force continues in some form after the physical death of our bodies. Maybe Heaven is another dimension.

6. OpinionDuck profile image59
    OpinionDuckposted 13 years ago

life here will definitely end, and there will never be a continuation of that life.

1. mikebocanegra profile image62
      mikebocanegraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree I believe death is absolute and once the brain no longer functions the person dies and what is left is a dead body.

7. Dawn71 profile image65
    Dawn71posted 13 years ago

I believe, well no, I know personally, that death is not final. Death of the physical body is just that, the body that houses us. I'm clairaudient and have conversations regularly with people in spirit, on a daily basis. The consciousness is fully intact and emotions are the same within us, if anything the emotions are more intense. Which isn't surprising really under the circumstances of finding yourself in a new reality you may not have expected. I've had a fair number speak to me about their physical body life beliefs, they believed that once they died that was it and it was quite a shock to find that it wasn't over, life continues just in a different way, a different stage.
    I know some people will not believe in this, it's just my own truth I'm expressing, not preaching or saying .....I am right! My personal opinion.

interesting...can u share more about this.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you sought out professional help with this problem?

The consciousness requires a living functioning brain to exist. That's why people go into comas when their brain is not functioning properly. Emotions require a living body to exist considering emotions are just biochemical reactions within the body.

Yes, I read that all the time from believers who have nothing to substantiate their rightness. smile

8. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

The children of israel (OT) believed in a resurrection although much of the spiritual facts were not presented to them as they were under a different dispensation; the dispensation of carnal flesh.
    When christ arrived with the spiritual dispensation much of heaven and spiritual things was revealed as this is a spiritual dispensation.

Christ rose from the dead
    So shall we all:

those in Christ; to rewards
    those not in Christ; to wrath

rewards means a continuation for the people of God
    wrath means not a continuation.
    (which is kind of ironic because the atheist will get exactly what they expect, nothingness. and the christian will get exactly what they expect) oh the wisdom of God.
    I can be emailed

and what about muslims or jews or hindu or sikhs or buddist and many more...world is not just being atheist or being christian...it is much bigger than that...so what would happen to them?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

....everyone's goin' where i'm goin', u too!....btw don't email me, k?

lol

9. Dawn71 profile image65

Pisean, Yes sure, do you want me to discuss it here on this thread?I can go into more detail about what I've already said and expand on it if you like? smile

10. Dawn71 profile image65

Beelzedad you make me smile, thanks for that. Well it must be worse than I thought as I have also seen them, felt them and had things moved in front of me, seen lots of unexplainable things too.
    I think my daughter must need help too, and my father who has similar to me.
    It's funny as one of the repeated pleas is to help people know that life does continue because it'll make for an easier passing.
    You obviously won't have this problem as you'll just cease to exist. lol!
    I am happy for you to disagree with me as we all have our own beliefs or not as the case may be. It matters little to me what you think to be honest, I'm smiling as I write this because I find it amusing.
    What I find strange is that when a non believer communicates with a believer it is ALWAYS the non believer who is personally attacking like you. I wonder why you feel that need?
    I am happy for you to have different views to me, yet you see someone like me as some sort of challenge, weird.
    Oh and your comment about my, I am right, you know I was saying quite the opposite so don't play with my words please, you know exactly what I meant. smile

1. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are some who claim the same things, despite reality.

Sometimes these problems do run in the family.

Yes, I know. When one isn't honest with themselves, they can't be honest with anyone else.

Yes, that is a common claim amongst believers and easy to understand why they make such claims. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)