what happens to those who sin in heaven?

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (151 posts)
  1. profile image0
    jomineposted 13 years ago

does people in heaven got free will?
    then they may sin. then what happen to sinners in heaven?

1. jantamaya profile image59
      jantamayaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile smile ???
      Probably there are no possibilities to sin.....

2. kess profile image59
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For once to ascend into heaven , they must rid themselves of Sin,

which means that they are tempted by sin no more.

Understand of truth makes this possible.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would that include those who don't believe in sins? smile

1. kess profile image59

To not believe in sin is the Goal.
          Truth shows the natue of sin which leads to not beliieving in it.

That goal has been attained, quite easily, in fact.

The problem is, I also don't believe in a heaven. smile

1. kess profile image59

If truth did not show it to you
              Why then is it a problem.?

We here and see the things that are and the things that are not.

So to argue about what is and isn't is vain.

Now Truth show the nature of all things , so you know which belong where.

It isn't vain at all, it's important to understand what is reality and what is delusion. Mankind has been driven by religious madness for centuries, much of the world is still driven by those myths and superstitions, a path that has only served to deliver the state of the world we now live.

All this for pretending to see things that are not. smile

1. kess profile image59

well my friend in that you fulfill your purpose...

3. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its just a myth.

4. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When abiding in heaven I think the correct paths will be laid out for us in a more clear way, and as we will be given a godly understanding of things we will have every oportunity to reconcile for our misteaks, and will be more apt for recognizing them as they occur. Conciquently we won't be inhibited by such things as pride, jealousy, or anger.

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"I think the correct paths will be laid out for us in a more clear way, and as we will be given a godly understanding of things we will have every oportunity to reconcile for our misteaks, and will be more apt for recognizing them as they occur."

then why not here in earth that everybody can go to heaven??

1. profile image0

Now is the time for our trial, to be tested and tried. We learn through experience, our integrity becomes revealed as we go through mortality. In order to become glorified resurected beings we have to obtain a body, live and die, so we can rise again to eternal glory. It is so God can put us where we belong, after he makes his final judgment.
               Think of your existence as a bodyless soul with the ability to theorize what it would be like to experience a sunny day yet you would never truely know what one would be like if you never actually felt what one was like, not only this but you wouldn't know what a rainy day would be like in contrast. We have to know what it is like to have joy, sadness, and everything inbetween.
          And it is all at the risk that we either abide with God or are fooled into a path of darkness, yet our free will is more important than death to us and God.

2. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It appears that the bible has already laid out the correct paths for us to take HERE ON EARTH, yet there is still sin.

And what is "godly understanding?"  Do you just make stuff up to suit your imagination?

1. profile image0

Ah just in time. In steps the devil's advocate, (I knew you couldn't resist!) and now the choice is presented to me.... Do I engage in a day long mud slinging session with him despite the fact the final outcome that noone's mind will be changed? Or do I Ignore him? Hmmmmmmmm, what would Jesus do? Think, think think........

Have a nice day!

1. getitrite profile image71

In other words, you have asserted a statement that you can't back up, and then you get angry at the inquirer, and pretend that you are behaving like an imaginary savior--by backing off.

The truth is that your delusion has collapsed, and you are not honest enough to admit it.  You choose, instead to become frustrated and angry.  I'm sure that is exactly what Jesus would do.

...Oh,  have a nice day.

1. hanging out profile image60
              hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In truth there is NO sin in heaven, never was never will be.
              We do not go to heaven.
              we are judged here on earth as per the book of  Revelations and we are given spiritual bodies. Remember jesus in his spiritual body said, "have not flesh and blood".  Flesh is corruptible and in the spiritual body, fleshly temptation is dissolved away and is not a problem or an issue.

I don't think he said something he cannot back up, he just chose not too. Jesus did not engage in fruitless argument he instructed that at certain times to brush the dust off our feet toward those that have not faith to believe or those that choose not to believe the words preached. Your inference which you insist is truth is just your unfounded opinion that you purport to be truth when in fact, i believe it is a misconception. This is how stubborn people can be and sometimes disciples of jesus do brush dust off their feet.

have a nice day

5. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What happens if ya sin in heaven ?

What happens if a pit makes it's way into a cherry pie?

What happens if ya get a rock in your shoe?

BUT                                            To answer the question.....    No body knows.

In heaven  maybe cherries don't have pits.
          There may not be any rocks on the sandy beaches?

Just like no body knows if there is a mythical imaginary place called heaven.

1. Jerami profile image58

With all respect that is due.
          Where does a person go to learn everything about unproven phenomena? 
             I would like to learn also, everything there is to know about things that I am unaware that even exists.

Thank you for sharing all of this that you know about those things that you do not believe in.

We are all uplifted in your vast knowledge of those things that  you say aren't. 

I can not express how much you are appreciated.

Why do you get so angry whenever your delusion collapses?  You should pray for guidance and deliverance.

Besides, your delusion collapsed under your own logic, so please ask God to help you to stop being angry at innocent questions.

I am no angry at all.
              I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate everything that you do for us.

You have caused my faith to straighten and grow by leaps and bounds and I can't thank you enough for your contribution.

Despite the fact that your position has been proven to be absurd.  Brilliant!

I'm gonna go watch the Bears and Jets game.

Absurb is in the eyes of the beholder.

6. Titen-Sxull profile image71
      Titen-Sxullposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a Christian anymore but when I was I understood it this way: You can't sin in Heaven. Once you get to Heaven you get a new body and a heavenly nature that cannot be corrupted. It would be impossible for you to sin and, as there is no temptation in heaven, the idea wouldn't even occur to you.

As an atheist I realize how boring Heaven sounds. Having fun ALL THE TIME would get old really fast and spending all my time bowing and praising doesn't sound fun either.

1. profile image48
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your above words

7. SaiKit profile image67
      SaiKitposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess in heaven God will give you a very sound spanking if you sin, but He will still forgive you because the blood of Jesus Christ is still effective in heaven.

Remember how one goes to heaven? This is how he stays in heaven.

However, having the entire heaven and the heavenly hosts to learn that you got a sound, good, almost-never-happen-in-heaven spanking would be quite embarrassing I think.

Then there might be a nickname such as he-who-was-spanked-by-God-Himself, and in heaven everything lasts forever...

1. davvvvyc profile image59
        davvvvycposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you need a body that will be ready to enjoy heaven. Get saved and you'll learn from Holy Spirit how to behave so you'll maximize your Eternal Life in the Son.  Heaven will be a given.

8. vietnamvet68 profile image60
      vietnamvet68posted 13 years agoin reply to this

for your information if you read your bible , when you die you do not (DO NOT) go to heaven, you remain in your grave till the ressurrection.

IF the first resurrection has not happened yet, the world such as we know it will continue for a thousand years continuing to get worse and worse. 

I don't see how it can.

I think it already happened; Around the year 900 AD

2. davvvvyc profile image59

you conscious life goes to be with the Lord at death if you are saved.

YOUR BODY AT DEATH IF YOU'RE SAVED REMAINS IN THE GRAVE BUT YOUR SOUL AND SPIRIT GO DIRECTLY TO JESUS. AT THE RAPTURE, THE CATCHING AWAY OF SAINT IN THE CLOUDS TO MEET JESUS SOMEDAY: THE RIGHTEOUS DEAD RISE FIRST IN NEW BODIES AND WE WHICH ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN WILL RISE TOO, GET NEW BODIES, HEAVEN, PASS GO, COLLECT TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! :-)

9. profile image0
      zampanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol
      What about being a good christian in hell ?

Happy new year.

YOU'RE LIFE IN THE SON SHOULD YOU CHOOSE THAT SALVATION WILL BE MADE UP OF UNSEEN UNSHAKEABLE  ''STUFF'' MAKING IT TO HEAVEN AHEAD OF YOU, LIKE LOVE JOY AND PEACE AND HEAVENLY TREASURE 'LAID UP FOR THE JUST,' THE BIBLE PUTS IT. IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO BRING YOUR GOLD RINGS FORGET ABOUT IT. NOTHING OF A MATERIAL NATURE WILL GET THERE ONLY WHAT IS GIVEN AWAY IN WORSHIP OF GOD IN CHRIST. "TIS' ONE LIFE TWILL SOON BE PAST, ONLY WHAT'S DONE FOR CHRIST WILL LAST." THE VERY ROAD OR ASPHALT IN HEAVEN WILL BE TRANSLUCENT GOLD, SO DON'T BELIEVE YOU'LL BRING YOUR TWO CENTS. YOU'LL KNOW SUFFERING HERE IS ONLY TO PREPARE AND TO MAKE HEAVEN BRIGHTER! SERVING GOD THROUGH CHRIST MAKES IT ALL WORTHWHILE.

1. profile image0
          zampanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so, they got internet at the nut house ?!

10. Mercredi profile image63
      Mercrediposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope, there's no free will in heaven. It's also a little known fact that God is an avid bowler. If you go bowling with him make sure to let him win. The consequences for you may be dire if you do not. Amen.

11. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They get sent back to Earth smile

12. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sin ... relates our Earthly Existence ... and Ends, with the life on earth ...

Because, In The Lord's Infinite Wisdom ... we are Free to Think, Do and Believe ...as we like ... during our earthly Life.
      Because, such Hath been Ordained, by The Lord ... For in Creation ... we are the Second, of The Lord  ... on earth.

The Hereafter ... Heaven and Hell ... are the Names of Justice ... Done... The Hereafter, Is our Just Lord's Domain.

Yes, we have a Free Will ... and our Body, and Mind, in the Hereafter ... For we Shall be Raised, in our Earthly Bodies ...

Yes, we can go bowling ... do and get, anything, if and when, we so desire, in Heaven.

But, those consigned to Hell, will not be so Enabled ... to do, whet they desire.

13. Obscure_Treasures profile image56
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is the reason why you are put on earth temporarily before your real place of eternity in the spiritual world (either Heaven or hell), it is like a training place for you to recognize and choose your free will. If you have exercised your free will to love God and receive Jesus in your heart, the next step is Holy Spirit will come in to transform you from inside out. With the Holy Spirit in you, it is a start of your journey being the child of God, righteous being. You will still always be bestowed with the choice of being a Free being, Free will, you may still make wrong decision but Holy Spirit will guide you out of your situation and put you back on track. In short, Holy Spirit will seal your salvation until you would make it to Heaven.

In heaven, all beings still have the Free Will, Even Angels also have the Free Will to choose. Remember one third of Angels chose to rebel God and being cast down to earth as Fallen Angels.

Yes, we have been created by God with Free will, because God loves you and I as much as like how God loved Adam and gave him freewill to choose to love God. God knows that if Adam was not given any choice but to choose God only, then that will not be love at all. Adam chose to disobey God and ended up giving Satan a chance to reap off Adam from his rights. Since God is holy, He cannot say no to Satan for Adam made a very bad decision. Unable to keep a very simple request by God as a rule to keep Adam on the right path (you see, God made it very simple for Adam - Just don't eat from that particular tree and you will not sin. Simple?), Adam allowed all future human race to be born with sins after sins. But like all loving Father, God quickly devised an ingenious plan and transformed Himself as a man called Jesus. God then died for us after being very badly tortured and humiliated. Unknowing to Satan, since Jesus was not from Adam's blood line but from God Himself, Jesus was never born a sinner. But He was crucified! Hence undoing what Adam did wrong at the Garden of Eden. God suffered in pains so that there may be a way for us to be saved and for God to continue to release His blessings to us. Since Satan, being in spirit form and was an arch angel, continues to criticize people to God in the Heaven, Jesus has become our sole defender in the Heavenly realm. Through worship and by showing respect to God (e.g. praise His name and tithing), Jesus can further defend us in Heaven by grading us with a + or ++ sign so that Satan cannot find any excuse to prevent God from blessing us. God created hell for Satan, and God will do much to prevent backsliders from being tricked by Satan to join his cohorts in hell. Ultimately, you'd get to choose where you want to be.

2. profile image57
    exorterposted 13 years ago

every one believes in right and wrong
    whether you believe in God or not
    even non believers teach their children the difference in right and wrong
    sin is something wrong, whether you call it sin or not

3. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

There is absolutely no possibility of sinning in heaven. Everybody will be good as gold. Perfection will reign. Bliss will be served for breakfast every day.

So don't worry, be happy.

you don't get there automatic. Get born again.

4. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

Was it Mark Twain who wondered why people who hope to go to heaven don't spend more time preparing to live there?
    People who expect to go to heaven mostly believe that people of all races (who are also believers!) will go there, but do they hang around with people of other races? For the most part, no.
    They imagine that they'll float around playing harps, but do they take harp lessons? Nope.

Bill and Ted managed to sin in heaven in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

"Wow, we've been in Heaven five minutes, and we've already mugged three people."
    "Yeah, we better go before we ruin it for everybody."

5. profile image48
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

What happens to those who sin in heaven?

The concept of sin is for this world; heaven is a different dimension:

[56:24] Like pearls, well preserved,
    [56:25] As a reward for what they did.
    [56:26] They will not hear therein any vain or sinful talk,
    [56:27] Except only the word of salutation, ‘Peace, peace.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=25

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I belive in an afterlife, but I think God will send me to the farthest corner of Heaven. I'll annoy Him with so many questions, He'll say, "For MY sake, Holle, leavest me alone! I placed a horse in a field just for you, and it's in the South 40. Goest thou now to seek yon equine!" That should keep me occupied for a while. lol

1. profile image48

If you go to heaven; you cannot annoy Him with your questions; you will enjoy the bounties of heaven and won't ask any questions:

[76:30] Verily, this is a Reminder. So whoever wishes, may take a way unto his Lord.
      [76:31] And you exercise your will because Allah has so willed. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, Wise.
      [76:32] He causes whom He pleases to enter His mercy, and for the wrongdoers He has prepared a painful punishment.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=30

no question is too difficult for Him.

7. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

Let me share what Hindu mythology and beliefs state.

Extraordinary good deeds done on earth = reward of stay in Heaven for a specified period to enjoy the fruits of good deed.

Extraordinary evil deeds done on earth = punishment of stay in Hell for a specified period to suffer the fruits of bad deeds.

Both these will end once the excess karma is evened out and the soul has got to take rebirth in this earth.

If one sins in Heaven, one has to definitely undergo a punishment and this punishment, according to Hindu Mythology is a re-birth in earth (before the stipulated period the enjoyment period in Heaven ends).

Moksha (salvation) is a state to be aimed and attained by every human being and it is a state of birthlessness. It happens when one has no balance of karma or desires to be fulfilled. Thus a stay in heaven is only temporary. Even that enjoyment becomes short lived if one sins in Heaven too.

I like the thought of that.

There are so many ways of phrasing this concept saying something so similar yet sounding so different depending upon the words used.

I like the way you worded it.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image58
        C.V.Rajanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Jerami!

so the battle between being sinless and sinful still goes on in heaven? and if a person does sin in heaven they get to come back to earth. That is so not biblical.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image58
            C.V.Rajanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hinduism is not biblical!

No it is not biblical at all.

2. lone77star profile image73
            lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps it is biblical. It happened before. Just read Genesis 2-3.

Hindu founder is deceased. Christ is alive.

1. Kushal101 profile image58
        Kushal101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't care about your fake belief

Christ arose. That's my belief.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. Beelzedad profile image59

I must say that the transition from lower case to CAPS and then back to lower case was truly impressive. smile

3. profile image0

but what happens at the end? this Moksha?

8. Play Free Games profile image57
    Play Free Gamesposted 13 years ago

Sin can not exist in heaven. God being so holy, he can not be in the presence of sin in heaven. That is why he had no choice to throw Lucifer and the fallen angels out of heaven.
    Though we are sinners on earth, the blood of Jesus makes us righteous in God's eyes and there is no sin and suffering in heaven.

1. profile image0

why their is no sin and suffering in heaven?
      will god give us some special knowledge he denied as here so that he can sent someone to hell or will be all his puppets with no free will?

the true you will really be colorful there with spice. There is a fact that those in Christ will enter that gates. NO GOOD THING WILL BE DENIED YOU IF YOU"RE BORN AGAIN. READ GOSPEL OF ST. JOHN 3:3; I CORINTHIANS 15:1-7

9. LiteWorkz profile image61
    LiteWorkzposted 13 years ago

I don't believe in the traditional view of heaven and I don't think that we jump straight from Earth or the physical plane straight to Heaven, it would be too much of a shock, going from Earth where sin is all around us to Heaven where sin is impossible is just too much for our brains to comprehend, we can't imagine how it would work or even be possible.
    I believe there are different planes of existence or dimensions between Heaven and Earth, let's say 20 just as an example, each one being a slightly higher vibration than the last. A higher vibration means, in general terms, more love and less sin. Here at level 20 (the Earth) we can't even imagine what Level 1 (Heaven) might be like. Once we reach say Level 10 we would probably have a much better idea and by the time we reach level 2, Heaven would seem much closer and maybe attainable for us.
    I think it's a learning curve, as you learn each stage the next stage begins to make more sense. Trying to comprehend Heaven from Earth is like sitting a university exam for Nuclear Physics having never learned anything about it!

1. profile image0

truly you should be a writer and supplant Stephen Hawking. the dimensions, vibrations  and all, great discoveries of the century. wow!!

1. LiteWorkz profile image61
        LiteWorkzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

just my opinion, writing helps me to get my own ideas clearer in my head and hopefully someone will get something from it also.

1. profile image0

well litework, i appreciate that and sorry if i offended you. before thinking of heaven and dimension ,i think ,one should try to comprehend reality and think rationally, otherwise what ever we think will only be imagination and good only in the realm of stories not existence..

Thank you Jomine. That's a very good point, it's important to be grounded in reality before we start to look at heaven and spiritual concepts or we risk becoming spaced out and being unable to use our ideas in the real world.It's something I have difficulty with myself and I find it very hard to get the right balance because I think it's also dangerous to become too focussed on reality and the rational, and then we run the risk of losing touch with our spiritual side...

2. hanging out profile image60

interesting you said vibration. If vibrations are the core of planes. What is a voice? but mere vibration

Genesis 1:3   And God SAID, Let there be light: and there was light.

to expand on the 'we go to heaven' theory:
      Revelation 21:1   And I saw a NEW heaven and a NEW earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were PASSED AWAY; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 21:2   And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming DOWN from God OUT of HEAVEN, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:3   And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is WITH MEN, and he will DWELL WITH THEM, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

so the holy city landed on the new earth and God is with men and shall dwell with them there.

3. davvvvyc profile image59

THERE IS A RESURRECTION OF BOTH THE SAVED AND UNSAVED. SOME DO GET THERE BODIES IF THEY KNEW GOD THROUGH GETTING TO KNOW JESUS AT THE RAPTURE. OR IF THEY DIE FIRST THEY "ABSENT FROM THE BODY GO TO BE PRESENT WITH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. UNSAVED GO STRAIGHT TO HELL AND ETERNAL TORMENT. THAT BECOMES LAKE OF FIRE. GOD LOVES YOU. BE SAVED BY GETTING A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD NOT A RELIGION. COME TO GOD CONFESSING YOU'RE A SINNER AND ASK TO HAVE THE WORK OF THE CROSS APPLIED TO YOUR HEART AND LIFE. BE BORN AGAIN AND THEREAFTER FOLLOW CHRIST. READ THE NEW TESTAMENT...

10. Kushal101 profile image58
    Kushal101posted 13 years ago

They join the ranks of us, Non-Christians and Atheists lol

11. DoubleScorpion profile image77
    DoubleScorpionposted 13 years ago

Well if the story about Lucifer is correct...then if you sin of any kind in Heaven.. God is gonna kick you out and let you cause havoc on a species on some planet so that "His Will" might be done...

1. profile image48

The story of lucifer and angel turned devil or satan is not correct; the angels always obey; they can't disobey.

BEAUTIFUL! on this paarsurrey we totally agree  smile  Angels are made to serve God perfectly, always have and always will. To say that God created something flawed, is insulting to God.

The Emperor has no clothes. smile

what does that mean.... in context please

2. Kushal101 profile image58
          Kushal101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

On really, then God intentionally created Satan that way smile

ONE THIRD OF ANGELS FOLLOWED SATAN IN HIS REBELLION. THEY NO LONGER HAVE GOOD OR OBEDIENCE TO GOD ON THEM TO...  GOD ALLOWED SATAN THE CHOICE. WHEN HE FAILED TO CHOOSE RIGHT GOD JUDGED HIM AND NOW HE IS ON A LEASH AND WANTS VICTIMS AND NOT TO BE YOUR FRIEND! MANKIND HAS A WILL AND GIFT OF BELIEVING TO GET TO GOD BUT WE MUST COME TO GOD HIS WAY. GOD WANTS ALL MEN TO BE SAVED THROUGH ACCEPTING THE SON """"INSIDE""""""""it's an inside job, to be born again and ready should God call you to ....

THEREFORE GET TO KNOW JESUS CHRIST BEST YOU CAN. GET TO KNOW GOD SUBSEQUENTLY.

12. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...well in my slice of heaven, people who get out of hand are asked to leave and pronto.....ship 'em south, i say....i like my slice of heaven....with lots of peace....big_smile

13. shimmering Dawn profile image70
    shimmering Dawnposted 13 years ago

You must be kidding 'sin in heaven"  sinisoutof there smile

14. davvvvyc profile image59
    davvvvycposted 13 years ago

No sin in Heaven; you need to be reborn to feel the atmosphere there or you will be a wedding guest without a wedding garment. You'll get kicked out to darkness and pain in the eternal fire. Please get saved.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There will be no room for sin in heaven.

SIN WILL BE FOREIGN TO THAT PLACE.

2. profile image0

why? is there no free will in heaven?

15. matherese profile image60
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

Are there sinners in heaven?

16. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

In Heaven there is no beer/
    That's why we drink it here/
    And when we're gone from here/
    Our friends will be drinkin' all the beer....

17. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

If your question about sin in Heaven has to do with life today then I can only say from speculation "I'm not really sure but I'm guessing they have some degree of Free Will because Satan was able to get them to rebel against God."

In the New World, The New Universe sin won't exist because he who fostered sin (Satan) will not be allowed in that realm and we will not think as we do today be cause God said he was going to give up a new heart which I take to mean one that doesn't foster greed, hate, and all the other evils we have today."

18. profile image48

The concept of sin is for this world only,it is not relevant to hereafter. Those who want to sin will go to hell. Heaven is a different dimension:

[56:24] Like pearls, well preserved,

19. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

what happened in Revelation 12:9

And the great dragon was cast out (Satan) which deceived the WORLD, was cast out into the earth.

Seems like a translation problem??

Cast out of the world ????

Cast out into the earth.

Sounds like the earth is not part of the world ????

There are infinitely many translation  problems,  which are compounded with personal interpretations.

Is that what you ere talking about ??

20. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

it seems the devil was cast out of heaven.  Does this mean it's possible for others to be????

21. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I personally do not believe that "The Devil"  is Gods adversary.  simply a tool. 

A chunk of Iron would receive the furnace as something evil!  When in fact it is simply part of the journey on the way to becoming a stainless steel sword or such.

By understanding the concept of "GOD"  &  "Devil" we find some comfort on our trip through the furnace on our way to becoming a stainless steel   something???

Time for me to go make my journey through a work day. 
    Be Back later.

22. profile image0
    BunuBobuposted 13 years ago

They get sent to rehab:

Mondays - Resident discussion groups
    Tuesday - Exercise fun and physical fitness
    Wednesday - Arts and crafts programs
    Thursdays - Religious services
    Friday - Bingo, bridge and/or chess
    Saturday - Outdoor activities and more religious services
    Sunday - More religious services followed by coffee or cocktails

23. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Sin and Heaven are oxymorons. If you BELIEVE in heaven you would have known that there can not be sin there. If you don't you may ask this and other questions, yes

24. profile image48

what happens to those who sin in heaven?

One does not sin in heaven:

25. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I think it is difficult to think about, because we can't imagine anything past this earthly form. I think it was Paul that chastised people for misunderstanding. If I remember, he compared this form to a seed. It bears little resemblance to the full grown plant. Sin won't be an issue. Most sin is due to mortal desires. We'll be spirit or energy. No egos. Not much need for sin in that form.

I could be wrong, as always.

1. profile image52
      Peekaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you are on to something by what you said in your first sentence;

"I think it is difficult to think about, because we can't imagine anything past this earthly form."

So, the last thought or feeling a person has is their eternity.   If they believe in Heaven and believe that they've led the "right" life, then their last thoughts will be entering the pearly gates.  If they are a Viking, and lived the Viking code, then they will feel themselves entering Valhalla.  Same for Happy Hunting grounds.   If a person believes they will be with their loved ones, then they will.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like that idea.

1. profile image52

I like that idea also.  I'm reminded of  the end of the movie, Gladiator, when Russel Crowes's character, Maximus Decimus Meridius, dies.  He sees his wife and son, who had been killed, across a field of waving grain.  He was at peace and that vision and feeling would be his eternity forever.

1. profile image0

I'm going to have to think on that, get my story line down. If that pans out, heaven will be a blast.

2. profile image0

I just realized a fatal flaw in this philosophy. What do you think happens to an atheist? They don't believe in anything. Do they just cease to exist, you think? Sounds unfair that they don't get an afterlife too.

You don't get an afterlife, none of us do.

That must make you very angry to have spent all this time worshiping a god that made false promises. smile

1. profile image0

Not in the least. My primary belief in the way to worship is enjoying the world we have. I simply think that, perhaps, some atheists waste their days being bitter and angry. It would be nice to think they'd get a chance to change that once they see the light. I'd hate for anyone to stay in the dark forever.

Thank you for the insulting and condescending remarks.

No, we are not "bitter and angry." We are simply fed up with you Christians shoving your beliefs down our throats, telling us we're going to burn in hell, telling us their superior moral and ethical values, etc. etc. etc.

No, we are not going to stab a knife into our brains so that they cease working in order to "see the light." smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
                    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll be the first to admit that I truly don't know what happens in the after-life, because for now I am in-life!

2. profile image0

Yes, I can see what a cheerful person you are. The happinesss oozes from your post. I think, if I follow this conversation correctly, I was ta lking to someone else. The fact that you came in to it, of your own volition, implies that I was not attempting to shove anything down your throat. It implies the opposite.

I don't believe in' hell', but of course the fact that I'm a christian appears to imply to you that I do. To try and make you see otherwise would be impossible. I fear you would simply call me a liar.

I hope you don't stab yourself in the brain, although sometimes it appears to me that some atheists fantasize about christians doing it.

I would point put that your post was somewhat emotional, but you are bright enough to see that for yourself.

2. manlypoetryman profile image81

You iz one crazy genius, Einstein. What man knows anything of afterlife...or can say of anything else beyond the known universe!

Funny how believers keep telling us how much they "knows anything of afterlife" simply because of a book written centuries ago. Were they "beyond the known universe"? smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image81

Is it really funny? Why are you adding on a reply to my post in the plural form? Are you several Einstein's in one?

3. rocketjsqu profile image75
                rocketjsquposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can you be so sure there is no after life?  Have you ever been there?

No, I haven't been there, have you? Seems that if neither of us have been there, then it isn't something either of us know. Yeah, I get that.

So, if we were to ignore biology, the physical laws of the universe and our own common sense, you might have a point. smile

2. profile image52

Not really a flaw  If an atheist really did not believe in an afterlife, then their afterlife would be the "dark".  Each person's afterlife would be a personal experience unique to that person and made up of their own beliefs and feelings.

Death may be a "personal experience unique to that person" but the results are the same for everyone, despite their beliefs and feelings on the subject. smile

1. profile image52

That is true for each person that sees the person that just past away.  But the last thoughts and feelings that a person had when they passed away is their eternity. 

Picture two people moving forward together with respect to time.  They see each other and interact with each other.  Now lets say that one person dies.  The other person continues to move forward in time and sees the deceased person stop living and goes to "dust".  The person that died cannot think past their point of death ... the last thought they had is their "eternity". 

I heard that as a person dies, their brains release "endorphins"??? which produce "near death" experiences.  If a person is not revived, then what they experience at that time is their "eternity"

1. profile image0

Unfortunately, there is nothing to appreciate that eternity!!! Only the living persons thought about the death!

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Possibly, but whatever they experience will soon be over as their body and brains die and can no longer function. smile

2. profile image0

Ok, well I'm voting against it, even though certain atheists (who shall remain unnamed) are somewhat unkind about the whole thing.I still think we should all enjoy whatever is on the other side.

1. profile image52

I'm thinking of voting for it.  For those who would like an afterlife, they will have one.  For those who believe in the "dark", they will have that too.  For those who would like everyone to have an afterlife, they will see that in their own afterlife.
                  In essence, everyone gets what they would like in their OWN afterlife based on their OWN beliefs.

1. profile image0

Well, when you put it that way, I'll vote for it.

26. profile image48

There is no sinning in the heaven and no foul talk:

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no F@#%$^ way!

2. profile image0
      BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you say the words ‘Peace, peace.’ over and over again and really fast it begins to sound like Pi$$

3. Pierre Savoie profile image59
      Pierre Savoieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's odd that the greetings in different cultures reflect something that people DON'T have.  All over Europe they say, "How are you?" because, in the time of plagues, that was a question of crucial importance.  Answer wrong and you were not only not spoken to, but an arrow would make its way to your heart.
      In China, the greeting is "Have you eaten?", food being a problem at many times in China's history.
      In the Muslim countries, they wish each other "Peace" but that is the one thing they are not going to get for as long as they are subject to that religion.  Only the ones who escape to the West get any peace (and a big backyard and a barbecue to boot!)

27. Pierre Savoie profile image59
    Pierre Savoieposted 13 years ago

The God-story was invented by ignorant shepherds, so it clashes with the modern science-educated products of humanity today, 10 times more educated and 2-3 times as longer-lived and 20 times cleaner.  This God didn't do too well in keeping his perfect Creation perfect the first time around, so it'll probably be a law of entropy that something will go wrong in this Heaven too.  There is no Biblical indication of what will be different the second time around.  Or the humans can be well-behaved but God can go crazy and start killing everybody again.  I'd hate to be in Heaven, with this building anticipation, wondering if THIS billion years is the one when God will lop my head off for good, or is it the NEXT billion years....ooh, the tension builds, and Valium-pills for eternal life will be as big as watermelons...

28. profile image0
    Beverley Sharpposted 13 years ago

I should think they have a bloody good time.

29. revmjm profile image88
    revmjmposted 13 years ago

There will be no sin in heaven because there will be no sinners in heaven. Sin is an earthly thing; not a heavenly thing. And besides, heaven is a holy place; a place of peace in the presence of God, so who would want to sin? Finally, there will be no thoughts of sin. That would be erased from our minds and hearts completely.

1. profile image0

Why that does not occur in earth?

"in the presence of God"
      Does that mean Mr. god is not here on earth?

"That would be erased from our minds and hearts completely."
      Why that is not done now?

30. Pierre Savoie profile image59
    Pierre Savoieposted 13 years ago

The Burden of Disproof Fallacy is not allowed in science.  It is up to people claiming "after-lifes" to provide positive proof in favor.  We are not ignorant shepherds any more.  Even the greatest philosophers of the ancient world were doing their thinking before we had any good notions on the nature of matter.

After death, your molecules will be chewed upon by maggots and bacteria, and released into the air as carbon dioxide.  This may end up in plants, animals or even new people.  All of your mass down to the bones will completely disappear, since the process of putrefaction makes you gaseous.  If our atoms end up in other life, it would be a farcical sight to see some God with a sick hobby of bodily resurrecting people, pirating atoms from already living people until they resemble a piece of Swiss cheese, and reconstituting a "sinner" only to cast him into Hell.  Only, are those really OUR molecules?  How do we really know that what this God is resurrecting is really you and me?  We can't know.  On practical grounds, it makes no sense.

Later on, I'll make a hub explaining the real-world chemical consequences of religious heaven and hell stories, and I'll also explain why people in heaven need to tattoo themselves.  "I know the tattoos in heaven."

Can you tell me some more about the "tattoos in heaven", I'm intrigued

31. akela profile image60
    akelaposted 13 years ago

.....well i guess you have to be clean before you even think of entering the kingdom, moreover angels also disobey and its a sin, we are likely to judge them too if you read your bible well you will get to know

32. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

One fact mind.

33. profile image48

There is no sinnig in the heaven; there the people will by judged by the Creator-God mercifully.

34. Mercredi profile image63
    Mercrediposted 13 years ago

People who sin in heaven don't get to hang around with cool people like Kurt Cobain and Colonel Sanders. They only get to associate with boring people and that Chihuahua from the Taco Bell commercial.

35. profile image0
    lord danielposted 13 years ago

well i have been to heaven and lived there before,the holy spirit is there and guides our actions read romans 8 u all will understand better ...for the law of the spirit of life in christ jesus has set us free from the law of sin and death.

36. thebrucebeat profile image59
    thebrucebeatposted 12 years ago

Can you imagine that people are actually discussing this question as if they have insight that is influenced by some sort of validity?  People are making adamant stands as if they could possibly answer the question for a God that has made himself deliberately unknowable, and that is easily verifiable in scripture itself!
    Amazing.

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. lone77star profile image73

God remains unknowable only to those who do not look.

If you think you've looked and you still have not found Him, then you're looking in the wrong place, or with the wrong attitude.

It takes humility to find the truth. If you think you know before you even attempt to look, you will certainly be disappointed.

37. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

They are forced to read the religious crud repeated adnauseum here, like it is news to us all smile

38. Felynx profile image61
    Felynxposted 12 years ago

You go to hell of course... and if you do a rightous act in hell you get sent back to heaven, and that leads to complications like an infinite loop and lobotomy.....

39. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 12 years ago

They have an even better time sipping cocktails and spending all the money gambling....it sounds like fun!

40. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Here is some of that love.

When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are about to enter and occupy, he will clear away many nations ahead of you: the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. These seven nations are all more powerful than you.  When the LORD your God hands these nations over to you and you conquer them, you must completely destroy them.  Make no treaties with them and show them no mercy.  Do not intermarry with them, and don't let your daughters and sons marry their sons and daughters.  They will lead your young people away from me to worship other gods.  Then the anger of the LORD will burn against you, and he will destroy you.   (Deuteronomy 7:1-4 NLT)

How much more love do you need!

1. lone77star profile image73

Sounds like fun, Earnest.

Now, here's an analogy:

If a son of yours was caught in an automobile accident, would you rush off to the car junk yard to attend to the broken automobile? Or would you go to the hospital to see your son (flesh of your flesh)?

God doesn't care about these temporary vehicles called Homo sapiens. They are a very necessary vehicle, but the child of God within (flesh of His flesh) is what is truly important to Him.

Don't blind yourself with the wrong details.

If there were other cars that endangered your children, wouldn't you tell your children to shun them? Wouldn't you attack those cars if they threatened the lives of your children? Wouldn't you want to see their drivers held accountable?

There's plenty of love in the passage you quoted. You're merely looking in the wrong direction.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No love in a psychotic solution. I've seen the analogy before. It was full of holes then too! lol
        Nor is killing a solution for an omnipotent entity. This is psychosis pure and simple.

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge!  Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD.  "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction".   (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

Why in all that is sane, would a benevolent omni anything god be in need of advocating solutions which any man should understand as the lowest possible moral denominator.
        It's a no-brainer!

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Neither, automobile accidents never happen because people just have to pray to God and their prayers are instantaneously answered in the affirmative.

lol

41. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Jomine, I apologize for not seeing this forum sooner. Very interesting question.

Perhaps we already have our answer in Genesis 2-3.

Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Heaven and got escorted out. But you can't take the stuff too literally. God said Adam would die on the day he ate of the forbidden fruit, but did he literally, physically die? Genesis 5 says he went on to live to the ripe old age of 930.

Big questions: Was the "Adam" of the Garden of Heaven the same "Adam" of Genesis 5? Perhaps yes and no. The Adam in the Garden was spirit. He died spiritually. And could the Adam and Eve represent the spiritual you and me?

In Genesis 5:2 it talks of Adam being "them" and both male and female. Here Adam is the tribe of Homo sapiens -- all of humanity.

And the outrageous longevity of the early patriarchs? Code for the real longevity of the eponymous tribes. Though the ages seem outrageously long, they are actually far too short. Humanity has been around far longer than 6000 years, and Genesis has the clues to resolve this.

So, what happens to those who sin in heaven?

First, we need to ask, what really is heaven? Just as Adam did not die physically, but spiritually, the Garden of Heaven is not a physical place either, but a spiritual one.

Is heaven a state of mind? More likely it is a state of spirit. And the death of Adam was the spiritual death of turning one's back on one's spiritual nature and following the laws of physical reality, instead -- being a cog in the machine (effect) rather than master of the machine (cause).

That "original" sin leads to spiritual blindness and the long sleep of spiritual death.

Getting back to heaven is merely a matter of waking up the spiritual self, forsaking the master of this world, ego.

Well, that's the distillation of my first 60 years of research (this lifetime). If you want a better answer, try back in another 60. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)