My 2011 Hubpages Challenge is to reach 1 million views

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Laura Marie profile image60
    Laura Marieposted 13 years ago

I have just surpassed 50 000 views on Hubpages and I know I have been a member for ages but I really only started writing properly here a few months ago.

Do you think I can get 950 000 views by December 31st 2011?I am going to update this thread with any new landmarks as I go along.

Have you a pageview challenge?

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a pretty big challenge but it is possible if you work hard enough, I say go for it smile

2. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My goal is to make 1 million by the end of 2011 too. I think I can make it. I have at least 150,000 views now, and my traffic has been really consistent.

Can't wait to write about some upcoming topics next fall.

3. netlexis profile image64
      netlexisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great goal! That's only 2,739.7 views per day!

4. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is certainly a big goal,i myself passed 500,000 views a while back and it has taken me a year of solid writing to get that many so 950,000 in one year although possible is a huge task!!Best of luck though,keep us updated!!smile

5. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I really like your personal challenge.

I hit the 100,000 mark a little while ago, and the 150,000 mark is coming faster than I thought. But it's far, far away from a million.

May I suggest you look at successful Hubbers (those with a million views in three or less years, or those who are consistently in the 100 Hubber score range) and see what you can do to emulate their approach? Many of them have written very helpful Hubs about how they achieved their success.

I wish you the best and will be setting my goals a little higher because of your question. smile

Laura Marieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice. I reckon I need alot of quality hubs. Will take me a while but hopefully the views will climb steadily. Only at 53500 at the minute.

6. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good luck! I'm close to 700,000 reads now,and am looking forward to that one million mark too!

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Good luck smile

3. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Congrats for achieving 50000 views.

Your next goal is long way to go. First aim for 100k views.

All the best.

4. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Awesome goal - Best of luck!!

After reading this thread, I think I'll aim for the same goal.  I'm about to pass 100,000 views (probably this week), but 1 million sounds AMAZING!

5. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

I'll join the challenge. I'm starting with just under 10,000 views... So bottom of the crew. smile But it will motivate me! smile

6. simeonvisser profile image70
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

Well, they say it's easier to aim for a 1,000,000 dollars (views) than for 100,000 dollars (views) because the first one will excite you more when you wake up in the morning. If that is your goal then go for it. You can do it! smile

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And if one reaches 250,000 in a year, then it was worth the challenge! The point is to challenge oneself. But I'm more motivated at having to reach a million than to reach 100,000!

2. JustMike profile image65
      JustMikeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

kind of like the hard wood floor guy when i asked about dropping things on it and it being damaged he said to me really you'll only get excited about the first one after that it's old hat.

7. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I like this goal, and now I am a goal theif! I will have over 1 million views this year as well, I've decided right now. Haven't passed the 100,000 mark just yet, but I'll be passing that very soon.

I never really thought about that goal, but I have great confidence that I will get it done. I am sure you will too!

8. Kidgas profile image64
    Kidgasposted 13 years ago

My goal is to triple my AdSense income for the year 2011 when compared to 2010.  In my estimation, it will take a tripling of my traffic but I don't have any particular page view goals in mind.

9. MissKarolaina profile image39
    MissKarolainaposted 13 years ago

WOW ;o Good luck!

10. Laura Marie profile image60

Thanks everyone and good luck to you all in your goals too!! Hopefully we can all motivate each other

1. JD Barlow profile image59
      JD Barlowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! That's a lot of views. I'm still working on my first 1,000. You gotta start somewhere.

Yep and once you get the first 1000, the second will come much quicker!!

2. montecristo profile image77
        montecristoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have reached 1,000 views and it is not hard, just work it and use some great themes to talk about.  Also, those hubs that indicate high traffic, please don't ignore them. Add more content to it and keep it going.

11. ns1209 profile image62
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

I might join in - on less than 100,000 at the moment so should be interesting! Good luck! smile

12. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 13 years ago

This is an exciting challenge, I'm in! A pretty big jump for me as well to 1 mil!

13. vaguesan profile image70
    vaguesanposted 13 years ago

I'm going to have to join in as well. I'm way low on total views so this will be a pretty much impossible mission for me. But it will motivate me to keep building new hubs!

I'm in! Let's see how far we all get.

1. Enni82 profile image61
      Enni82posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is your plan to achieve 1,000,000 views? Write an enormous amount of hubs or write less and promote the heck out of them???

I broke 500 views this week, so I'd be happy to reach 50K!

A bit of both to be honest. Going to write as many hubs as I can and possibly create some backlinks for the ones already written. However normally your older hubs get backlinks anyhow so maybe I should keep writing.

I may also do some trend hubs, ie look at google trends and write a quick hub on a popular topic, could probably get a few thousand views out of each hub.

January is a slow month so hopefully it picks up.

14. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

My challenge is to reach 5542 views.

15. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Fantastic!  I did it.

Seriously I am a bit peeved about my traffic at present.  Once the flurry of Hubpage traffic dies down I am finding there is very little in the way of 'real' traffic to replace it.

Best page - gay animals.
    Number of people searching for gay animals - not many.  Opportunity to sell them something when they arrive - zilch.

Sorry for moaning - but finding it a bit disappointing at the moment.

1. ThomasE profile image68
      ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK, Mark, I hope you don't mind.,, I did a little research with a little gizimo on one of your hubs at random... plush toy collecting

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6482/plushtoycollecting.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't know how many people will search for it... but that hub isn't in the first ten places of google, so you won't get any traffic on your main keyword term.

The key is the column BLP, back links to the page.

If you were to add a few off site backlinks, I think you would be in the first page of google. 

This is just a hint.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  No I don't mind.  I don't know anything about backlinks.  May seem a bit silly, but hey, I'm not an expert in this.  I thought I could just write stuff.

I seem to have learnt so much over the last couple of months my head is almost full.  Not full enough obviously.

Thanks again.

1. ThomasE profile image68
          ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Backlinks are basically links to your page... if you were to write a couple of articles about plush toys you have known etc on ezinearticle.com, and in the resource bar put a link to your plush toy colleting hub page...

Your hub page will probably go onto the first page of google.
          It will take a few more links to get to the no 1 slot, but probably not many.

And then you would have the chance for some organic (non hubpage) viewers.

( I'm not sure I am explaining it well, I think if you google it, it will be more clear)

" I thought I could just write stuff."

Well, you can, but if you want to make money you need to know about some basics that will make the money for you, and ethical backlinking is one of the few things it is much harder to succeed without.

You can already write well.

The two things that will make an instant difference is backlinking in an ethical way, and niche research.

16. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

That's one heck of a goal. I would need a huge surge in traffic to reach 1 million, so I don't think I'll be joining you on this quest, but best of luck.

17. brandonhart100 profile image76
    brandonhart100posted 13 years ago

I'm also hoping to reach 1M this year!  I started in November and now have had around 80k views, but things have slumped since Christmas is over. 

You can do it!

You got 80k very quickly!! I reckon you will get one million by the end of 2011. Start working on Christmas 2011, and you will get 800 000 instead of 80k in two months smile

18. Laura Marie profile image60

Just reached 100 000 views, although it has not updated my profile yet.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
      KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's great!  Congratulations !

Keep working towards that 1 million big_smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)