Is it fair to arrest a 12 yr old for farting

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (42 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

Apparently, a 12 yr old was arrested for farting on purpose to disrupt the entire classroom, so the cops arrested him. What are your thoughts on this?

here's the video if you want to know more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e4tTEQ9 … re=related

1. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did he gave to pay a carbon tax?

2. Julie2 profile image59
      Julie2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

AHAHA, no way! That is insane. I'll check the link now. Thanks Stevennix2001.

3. Suilaruin profile image61
      Suilaruinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

very silly

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Absurd.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I dunno Cags! I had an old Labrador once who's farts could cause serious injury! lol

3. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

lollol Nope, not as far as I know lady_love. big_smile lol

4. leahlefler profile image96
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

Really? All I can think of in reply is,

Beans, beans, they're good for your heart. The more you eat.. (well, you know the rest).

On a more serious note, some school districts are using the police in lieu of regular disciplinary tactics. Texas has been ticketing children as young as six: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookou … as-schools

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

good grief.  giving out tickets for misbehavior now?  sheesh, whatever happened to the good old days when schools used to handle disciplining kids without law enforcement? hmm

1. Y. Kajitaka profile image61
        Y. Kajitakaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In those days, they had this lovely wooden thing called a "paddle."  It was a rather simple, self-explanatory instrument that got the job done right the FIRST time.

Unfortunately, if one so much as showed up in a classroom these days, a student would yell "ABUSE! ABUSER!!!" and they would be immediately ruined forever and likely thrown in jail.  T_T

5. AnnCee profile image66
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

I hope his parents will be able to help him retain a modicum of respect for school and law enforcement authorities.

This is what happens in liberal fascist settings like some schools have become though.

6. xtremedezigns profile image60
    xtremedezignsposted 13 years ago

Well, in context of the video, the kid really wasn't arrested. He was taken home to his parents... Seeing that it's a recurring event, I'm sure that the law enforcement was used by the school district just to kind of scare the kid. Somewhat like the videos "scared straight." If this has been an issue that was addressed to the child and/or his parents, and I'm sure it was, then I see nothing wrong with it. The kid is choosing to do this voluntarily, if he had absolutely no control over his bowl movements it would probably be different.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmm...i never thought of it like that. you may have a good point there, as they did say they just took the kid home, so the whole scared straight thing would make sense.

1. NateSean profile image66
        NateSeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On the other hand, what did that kid eat? Because if he had a ton of Taco Bell before that class and he let one out, I'd demand not only his arrest, but his hanging as well.

7. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Seems to me the role of police in dealing with classroom issues should be confined to bomb threats, assaults with deadly weapons and the like. I never saw a cop on school property when I was a kid. The few issues were handled by teachers, the principal and parents. I was once sent to the pricipal's office for making a noise in the library by blowing into an empty Chicklets box when Miss Daniel wasn't looking. When she disappeared behind the stacks I did it again, but she was peering through the books and caught me red-handed. I was sent to the principa[s office. Fortunately, he wasn't there. I waited for a few minutes and left, unscathed. I doubt very seriously that Miss Daniels or the principal would have even considered calling the police if I had farted instead of making a noise.

8. Ralph Deeds profile image65
  9. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

For damn real? This planet is Looney Tunes? To be fair...if that's the case...they should have allowed him a hall pass to go outside and fart. If they did this to every kid that let one go...and adult??? Whoops...better not give the government any ideas...they could find a whole new way to generate loads of revenue off of fart tickets by the police. Maybe, the Police can sit outside each school with thermo-heat sensing graphs and go in and write tickets for the kids with heat dispensened from the bottom of their desk...to out in the classroom. I tell ya'...Looney Tunes doesn't give this particular incident proper credit...

http://brianksigley.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/bugs-bunny.jpg

1. David 470 profile image82
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

I think that is pretty ridiculous. That is such a minuscule thing. I wonder what they would do to someone that actually did something bad?

10. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

This is just a symptom of socialized education.

11. AnnCee profile image66
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Farts can actually kill people.  sad

1. profile image0
      Longhunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you know my son?

12. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

you taught him well steven!!! that shows you how well the police is used, what a joke!

13. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Well, yes, of course it makes sense for him to be arrested since we've achieved world peace and equality among humanity, and he obviously upset that quite a bit, did he not?

What's shocking is that his classmates didn't all join in and make it a farty party (otherwise known as a "riot" to schools and police). Then the cops could've tear-gassed the place, thus out doing farts and winning the battle.

14. mdlawyer profile image43
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

It could just a natural impulse. Or, could be PUBLIC NUISANCE!!

15. Katharella profile image76
    Katharellaposted 13 years ago

Um, maybe the child has an intestinal problem and should be taken to the doctor!  Of course the threat of a doctor visit can scare a kid, so if he stops on that account then he could be making a game of it. But if he can't stop, then get him to a doctor! It could be his diet and needs it revised!

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course it could have been fear of the doctor that made him fart in the first place. smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that is a reasonable possibility and it should be checked.
      Though some schools have a community liaison officer, and he might have just been nearby at the time, I don't think the police should have been called.  They should have ordered the national guard in.

1. Katharella profile image76
        Katharellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think calling in the national guard is a bit extreme as calling the police.
        Kids who are going to disrupt will find another way if one doesn't work. If his diet was fixed where his body didn't produce enough gas to let him be able to do a thing like this, then why punish him if he does it and isn't his fault if he has an intestinal tract syndrome such has IBS or Chrones disease. If he's not been checked then it's kind of cruel to punish him for it. But he should be taught to ask to go out to the hall way or bathroom.

16. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

lucky for him he didn't do a boom boom in his pants...

I think that is a capital offense

17. Peter Hoggan profile image69
    Peter Hogganposted 13 years ago

As a regular curry eater over the years I have become a world expert on TST. TST or Trouser Seepage Time is dependent on a couple of things, what you have eaten and how thick your trousers are.

TST is measured in seconds and denotes the time it takes a fart to escape from your trousers and reach the nose. Boxer shorts have a low TST and heavy corduroy have a high TST which gives you enough time to retire and save any embarrassment.

1. TamCor profile image80
      TamCorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh...my...gosh... lol

That is hilarious--I have to remember to tell my sons. My husband will be upset that he didn't come up with that first, lol...

18. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 13 years ago

If it were fair, my oldest son would be #1 on America's Most Wanted. About the time he hit fourteen, the CIA would have taken him out. On our trip to London, MI6 would have put out a kill order on him.

Seriously, in-school suspension - yes. Arrest him - no.

I would hope LEOs would have more important things to do with their time.

19. Ralph Deeds profile image65

How about arresting a 12-year-old for attempted armed robbery with a loaded handgun?

http://www.freep.com/article/20110426/N … re-robbery

20. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 13 years ago

o.o yes that nasty when my dog used to do that! Hate that when the cat does that as well and sits in your face! lol

21. profile image51
    tpgonposted 12 years ago

As far as possible, kids shouldn't be exposed to the police in a negative setting. If the cops are called for every minor incident then kids will just get used to riding in the back seat of a cop car. By the time they're in their late teens, the cops will hold no fear for them at all and then where's the deterrent to more serious misbehaviour?

22. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

"farting on purpose to disrupt the entire classroom"  DISRUPT is the key word here.  The means are not important, his purpose was to disrupt the class. In my time he would have been promptly intruduced to the "board of education" which was the big wooden paddle the good sisters used to administer discipline.

23. Mikeydoes profile image42
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

Cops? Absolutely not. I personally probably wouldn't do anything. But if a teacher wanted to put him outside on timeout, I could see something like that happening.

24. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Maybe there is something going on in this child's life that he feels he needs this kind of attention. Oh well, welcome to the real world where all your needs don't necessarily get met and you are expected to live by certain rules of conduct.

25. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

The Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. Its full name is the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on their Destruction. The agreement is administered by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which is an independent organization based in The Hague, Netherlands.

The main obligation under the convention is the prohibition of use and production of chemical weapons, as well as the destruction of all chemical weapons. The destruction activities are verified by the OPCW. As of July 2010, circa 60% of the (declared) stockpile of chemical weapons has thus been destroyed.[5] The convention also has provisions for systematic evaluation of chemical and military plants, as well as for investigations of allegations of use and production of chemical weapons based on intelligence of other state parties.

As of August 2010, 188 states are party to the CWC, and another two countries have signed but not yet ratified the conventio

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So farts are now considered chemical weapons?

1. Greek One profile image62
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes, yes they can be

26. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

stop the inhumanity!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_E5hDf4-25ac/TTmKtDWphYI/AAAAAAAAASg/gdYZzHJWioA/s1600/No_Farting.png

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)