The Unofficial Hubchallenge Thread

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (24 posts)
  1. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

As those of you who were around for the Hublove contest last year and got to participate, read, learn, and crank out some hubs like crazy people know, there was a thread called the Unofficial Hublove thread. smile

Here I am again, this thread is not about griping about the inbox spam, it's not about growling at the folks participating in hopes they'll remember quality over quantity (let the Hubscore filter that out, folks!) but rather -

This thread is for the Hubbers who are participating to lean on one another and meet for the following:

***Support
    ***Venting due to writer's block, idea flopping, etc
    ***General cheering and kudos
    ***All things nice and awesome!

So slide on in, help your fave hubbers get their HubChallenge on, or just come in to get nutty and forget about the whole darned thing for a while.

Wooo!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Great idea smile How many have broken the double digit mark yet? I've done 7 so far and I'm still feeling that I can do 100...I'll need a lot more support as the weeks go by.

3. dineane profile image82
    dineaneposted 14 years ago

Yay! Thanks, gamergirl, I wanted to chat about the challenge and couldn't figure out where to do it :-)

I've managed 10 hubs so far! And my arm is killing me! I know I can't keep up this pace, but being 1/3 of the way there in just 2 days (I'm only in for the 30) makes me think I might actually meet this challenge!

Plus it spurred me to go ahead and sign up for Twitter - and I have a few followers ;-)

Now, if I could just wipe the blurry out of my eyes so I could read more of what everyone else is up to!

4. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Writers block?

I had about 500 subjects that I had to narrow down to 100.

5. dwilliamson profile image60
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

I'm just getting ready to post my 11th hub. I'm in for the 100 hubs.

6. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I did four today and I'm exhausted. I have one more sitting unwritten waiting until tomorrow (because my brain couldn't handle it) from a request and then Lincoln to work on as well!

7. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I am only doing 30 so my high fives and hats off to all of you who will be cranking out 100. smile

1. AshleyVictoria profile image59
      AshleyVictoriaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with AEvans...only 30 for me.  A big WOW to everyone attempting 100 smile

8. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

I've only done six for the challenge so far. I'm in for thirty, but I'm hoping to get sixty or more. It is exhausting trying to keep up reading other hubs though. Sorry everyone...

9. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I've dropped about a half a dozen ideas in the Q&A.

10. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Ideas are the least of my problems - I am spending doing more time doing keyword research than writing and just keep on finding interesting new niches - and I was supposed to be building links to new sites! I have 8 published so far and around 24 ordered from a writing site

1. Hup Challenge profile image67
      Hup Challengeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This one's looking good. smile

Already ranked and getting great Google search traffic, too!

http://www.hupandsteph.com/Jing/2009-05-12_2241.png

I guess that sitting on my butt all day and writing might pay off for this challenge?

11. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

I have obviously been on another planet - I only noticed something was going on when my inbox EXPLODED with fan club notifications from people like Mark Knowles, who has published more Hubs in the last 12 hours than he did in the previous 12 months.

I eventually tracked down news of the challenge, and am already a long way behind the pack. I don't know if it is even feasible to go for it - unless I cheat and pay others to produce the text for me ...

Darn you, Ryan, and I am going away for the weekend, too!

tongue

I guess I'll see what I can do ...

Jenny

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah - sorry about that - You are not the first to say something so I am spreading things out a bit more now. big_smile

1. darkside profile image65
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BTW... I've posted that interview to my blog.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow - I am famous. big_smile

12. Mary Fellows profile image42
    Mary Fellowsposted 14 years ago

@Ryan one of mine from yesterday is sitting position #7 at the moment.

@Jenny - no one said paying for content was illegal...

13. profile image0
    Diane Corrietteposted 14 years ago

I decided to join in the fun and am sticking to 3-4 a day. I think I might be spending way too much time on one though!

The one thing I can't figure out is how to add images to my text part, I am sure it will be in the FAQ someplace.

Look forward to reading other hubs.

14. CommerceCat profile image64
    CommerceCatposted 14 years ago

Though writer's block doesn't sound like much of a problem for this group - I've put together a list of idea starters as my 2nd hub in the challenge: http://hubpages.com/hub/30-Sources-for- … heat-Sheet

:-) Cat

15. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I'm up to 8 out of 100 as of yesterday. Still feel like I can do it, but I have to make them shorter. (Mark's suggestion.)

The last 3 went lots faster than the first 5, so hopefully I'll be able to pick up the pace.

16. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

I'm only doing 30 like AEvans and Ashley.  smile  And I'm feeling exhausted already... for one I have to wake up early to go to work and coming home to find out...the internet is super slow.  Groan.  Gosh... but I'm not giving up yet.

17. aidenofthetower profile image68
    aidenofthetowerposted 14 years ago

Well...I have a number of articles that I have sorta been collecting from the requests section over the past few months...so I have awhile before I run out of things to write. I have nine done and 91 left to go. I feel a bit frantic, but love the challenge. I think it was just what I need! I must say...I am a little worried about having to take time out. I am 34 weeks pregnant and know that I will probably miss a few days for certain things (like the 3 hour glucose test I have tomorrow which will probably make me feel really yucky). Anyway...pressing on. Need to get to work! :-P

18. RGraf profile image87
    RGrafposted 14 years ago

It's great to see everyone's comments.  I just did my first one and am working on #2.  I'm behind my own schedule but the fact that I'm working on them is great. 

Does anybody have ideas on writing time with children around?  I'm thinking of getting headphones to drown out noise when the writing urge surfaces.

1. Hup Challenge profile image67
      Hup Challengeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to lock this thread so that we don't have so many Hub Challenge topics going on at the same time. If you have questions, problems, etc. please feel free to ask them in the original Hub Challenge forum here: http://HubPages.com/HubChallenge

Thanks!!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)