Now I'm being accused of plagiarism?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

This is just getting ridiculous. The Hubber who posted that attack hub over the weekend is now accusing me of stealing content from some other Hubber!!

This is beyond belief.  I don't know where else he is spreading these lies, but he left a comment on my hub making that claim.

This is my reputation.  It's bad enough that he attacks me with childish insults, but now he does this??

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
      PaulaHenry1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Think it's time for HP to decide, and I believe it would be pretty obvious who is right and who is wrong. Pretty pathetic actions on his behalf if you ask me. If you are really bothered then report him- end it right here and now

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it's time to ignore him. Disallow his comments, and stay away from him and his hubs, no matter what he says or does.
      He is getting some kind of perverse enjoyment our of upsetting you, so your best course of action is to not give him that satisfaction.

Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have been deleting his comments, except for these latest accusation.  They keep taunting me to visit their hubs but I have not done that either.

I am not going to take this lightly.  Emailing vile accusations to my followers? Who does that kind of crap?

Therse are grown men, too, and they have insinuated physical threats.  They need to straighten out their acts and fast,

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He's an a$sehole, pcunix, they come and go. He's shot himself in the foot!

2. IzzyM profile image87

Not forgetting Christians!

And they wonder why more and more people are leaving the church?

You know, I don't go there.  They say I hate Christians, but that's just more nonsense.  Anybody who has read my religious hubs knows that I will make fun of some things about religion, but I strongly defend freedom of religion and always will.

They also say I hate their god, which is an absolutely ludicrous thing to say about an atheist.  That kind of comment either indicates deep ignorance or something far more disturbing,

2. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He's an a$sehole. I'm a Mancunian, we have big problems with subtlety. lol

4. American View profile image59
      American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

PC,

Why do you not tell the truth about what is going on? First no one accused you of stealing content from another hubber. You presented something you claimed was a fact from a 1996 study. However,  when it was followed back it was not a study, but a blog site on the internet, and yes, you copied and pasted it in your hub. If you did not, then you typed it word for word.

Hey I do not know you, never even saw you before this hub. You were the one that posted my name in your comments and said you wanted to debate me. I read you hub and pointed out some inacuracies and immediatly tou call me a liar, you say I am ignorant then you go and delete all my comments. Which is a shame because everyone would see I was civil with you despite your attacks on me. You and two other followers then said show why you were not quite right. So I wrote 2 hubs on the subject. And of course you refuse to read them to. Now you are on here saying you are being threatened. I say here as I did in your hub you deleted, I challenge you to undelete my comments and let everyone here go see the truth. But you will not because everyone will see the truth and your pity party will be over. Everyone here is most welcome to read my articles anytime.

5. rbe0 profile image61
      rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

spend the least amount of energy as possible when dealing with people who don't "get" you.

And be glad he is too dumb to be able to do anything really damaging like erasing your account and work. Don't worry about your reputation, he can't change it.. lol.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I've read the relevant hub comments. I'm no attorney, but I think you've got a real case for stalking and intentional infliction of emotional distress. I hope you have made copies of everything. I'd ship it off to the appropriate attorneys. If one decides to take it on a contingency basis, I'm pretty sure the harassment will stop forthwith. Not to mention the ensuing compensation for damages...

It really would be a good idea for all this to stop. It has reached that point...

1. American View profile image59

Para,

I have made copies and have them. But I do not need them if PC undeletes the comments for you all to see. I think it will be eye opening, you will see the real truth. How is it stalking when he said for me to write a response, and I did, I posted the comment he aske for in a civil manner with respect that I give all writers, and he deletes it calling me a liar and ignorant. If anyone would be do compensation from a frivalis lawsuit it would be me for the attacks and false accusations he has posted.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pcunix has stated that HP isn't going to do anything about this whole ongoing adventure. So I guess you are right as to the legal aspects. As for the rest of it, maybe you could just let it go? smile

Para,

I had no beef with PC. I did not even know him. He was the one who said for me to debate him. When I responded he went on an attack on me calling me ignorant and a liar. I wish he would undelete the comments and you would see the truth as would everyone else. To me the matter was long closed but he kept at it so I had to respond to protect my reputaion. Please fell free to read my articles or listen to my radio show . Thanks for responding

I NEVER said I wanted to debate any of you.

In fact, I have consistently said I have no interest in any "debate".  Neither of you have ever said anything that hasn't already been covered. 

I am never going to let you post foolish and repetitive comments at my hubs.  If you say something useful or interesting or that actually includes new information, I will approve it.  Otherwise, I'll continue to delete them.

Anyone can read my hubs and see that I do allow intelligent disagreement. 

Nor did anything in AV's hub change my mind.  As I said, it's just more of the same tired old rhetoric that you on the Right love so much.   Nothing new, nothing even relevant as I noted all of that in my original hub.

Wow, you really have a problem with reality. I told you I kept copies of my comments. I see you took your request for me to debate you off your hub.. I found it an odd request since I never heard of you before. But Here is a response from a 3rd party you have not taken down from you site and your first response to me after I posted my response.

CMerritt Level 7 Commenter 4 days ago
              I would love to see this debate!
              smile

Pcunix Hub Author 4 days ago
              You have no data. All you have is ignorance and lies

Why would Cmerrit mention a debate unless he read the deleted comment making the request. Now after all this rhetoric from you, you now admit you read my response. I do not care if it changes your mind, but what it does it honestly inform the readers with accurate infomation and CURRENT data as opposed to using outdated inaccurate numbers. I cite the goverment web site Library of Congress to baqck me, you cite a blog site.

Once more, if you want to undelete ALL the comments for all to see, the truth will be revealed. What are you afraid of?

There is no mention of a debate by me - only by Jim.  I have told him over and over again that I have no interest.

PC,

You had a comment on there stating me by name, actually you used my initials AV, but it was there.

Because Jim said you wanted to respond.  That's why.

2. wbfree profile image60
        wbfreeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL. I'm just a bystander giving my opinion, but isn't this typical? Liberals tend to take things waaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion, then go crying and whining to gather up a group mob against an individual. Then they want to bring in and accuse "Christians" and "Christianity" that has NOTHING to do with this between two individuals. This is SO like what happens on the national scene all the time. I'm just sitting here shaking my head LOL!

1. melbel profile image93
          melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So you're generalizing that all libs make generalizations about Christians?

1. wbfree profile image60
            wbfreeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess you didn't read this whole thread, huh? Someone did make accusations against Christians and this isn't the first time on HP. It happens a lot. I could be reading a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity then out of the blue, Christianity or Christians gets a jab or insult. It happens just about all the time on here. So yeah, pretty much.

3. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

PC, we may not agree on things but I feel you are a stand up guy.  For what it's worth?

Thanks RB.  Though we have agreed on at least a few things now and then :-)

4. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Interesting. Pathetic, but interesting.

I guess the original plan didn't work and now he is attempting a new plan of attack. roll

I guess the old adage rings true for him in this case- stupid is as stupid does.

5. Pcunix profile image91

They are now backing off a little and saying its a 'paragraph".  What do you want to bet that it's actually a short sentence that any number of people have likely written?

I WILL report both of them to HP.  They are bragging that they are sending this libel to mt followers in email, too - if any of you got anything from Anerican View or The Man With No Pants that contains this kind of vile accusation, I would ask that you forward it to me.

Remember, this is all because I wouldn't let The Man with no pants leave what I considered to be unintelligent comments at my hubs.

1. IzzyM profile image87

I've followed you! Now I want an email sent to me smile

I will happily forward any email received to both you and staff.

Probably too late.  I doubt they are emailing everyone. They probably picked out a few big names..

6. skyfire profile image77
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

I'm too young to make this comment especially to you who got more experience dealing with conservatives than me. Maybe you should keep forum comments and hub comments separate and not relate them for reputation? That guy is without identity on hubpages so unless he's coming out with his identity and valid proof against you or content, these type of attacks are nothing but troll babbles.

He has identity on hubpages - they both do.

7. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Surely it is time HP blocked his IP address?

I have not reported either of them to HP yet.  I want to see their "proof" in case it is one of their cheering squad who stole from me and they are trying to make it look like its the other way around.

But although they were quick to accuse, it has been more than half an hour since I demanded proof and they have not responded.

Again everyone, not a true statement, he continues to delete all comments that show what he wants. Again, undelete your comments and let everyone see who is telling the truth.

8. Pcunix profile image91

I found the accusation. It is in AmericanViews recent hub and it's not a paragraph, it's a sentence that quotes some statistics.  He says I "stole" that sentence from another blogger.  In fact, it's about the only way to report the figures I was using - if you put it into Copyscape, you'll find that thousands of people have used similar sentences.

I will be reporting them.

Again he is falsely stating what has happened. It is in my article that He requested I do. Now he is upset I showed it was not a study as he claims but was another bloggers opinion. He quotes numbers and uses them out of context and they were not accurate numbers. Posting numbers from another blogger who could just make them up is not a credible source or a 1996 study as he claims.

9. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Let's hope this has run its course.

10. Pcunix profile image91

I've reported both of them.

This has been very unpleasant.

11. Pcunix profile image91

I am not going to reply to this foolishness.

HP informs me that they don't consider this a charge of plagiarism or harassment.  I do, but I accept their decision.

That's the end of it as far as I'm concerned,

Unpleasnt is the word, but who made it that way? I know you will not reply anymore and that is fine. I am not sure if HP answered you in 3 hours, that is pretty quick for them, but if they did, I am sure they saw all the deleted messages in your comment section from me. For if they did that would be why they said I did not harrase you, for I did not. I was civil and met your request but you went on a tirade. Perhaps in the future, you will respond in a more professional manner. I would suggest in the future not deleting comments, so people can see what actually is going on and make their own informed decision.

1. TheManWithNoPants profile image60
        TheManWithNoPantsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm done with this thing.  I let the fact that he able to paint a one sided picture by deleting my replys to his comments get under my skin.  Then he said he'd allow comments and not delete.  I put in that link to your hub which debunked his whole thing. and he "changed his mind" once he obviously read your hub and realized you nailed him.   I knew he was like that, and I was absolutely stupid for wasting everyone's time trying to get him to debate me.  The thing that really got me is that he showed up on Mike's hub and started dropping the insults.  I'm a jerk, but Mike's the nicest guy in the world, and that was uncalled for, especially when he doesn't even like someone questioning him on his stuff.  That ring of people around him's all he's got and we should just let him alone with it in my opinion.  We've got too much to do anyway.   Those people were right about me whether they were sincere or not.  I did a lousy job of representing my faith.  It's the "Old Jim and his ego thing."  Gotta watch that stuff.

12. Pcunix profile image91

And, by the way, Jim and AV:

Merry Christmas.

If you have actually read everything I ever wrote (bloody unlikely, right?), you would know that I don't "hate" anyone and strongly defend Christians and everyone else's right to practice their religion - even when it annoys me.

Moreover, I am also willing to admit that despite my abhorrence for everything the Right represents, there is always the possibility that your views are correct.  I do not believe that, I find you all completely devoid of logic and common sense, but that doesn't matter: you can still be right.

If I might suggest:  it's when you reply in a way that makes me think you ignored what I said that I am most likely to delete your comments.  Perhaps if you began with "I see what you said here about X, but I still feel compelled to point out.." , I might be a bit more accepting.

Pc,

If you have read any of my articles, bloody unlikely, you would see I do not have faith. So Merry Christmas means nothing to me, but I appreciate the thought. Also if you have read my articles, I am not a republican. I am an independent. My writings are about showing the facts on a subject with a little sarcasim thrown in.  I also write about solutions to problems.

Look, I appreciate your attempt here at holding out an olive branch here and will do so so as well. I know my responses are such that the person is well aware of why I responded. I am not sure why you did what you did by deleting my comments for not once was I uncivil with you, I never said one thing that could even be considered out of line. It would have gone a long way with me if you had said that instead of saying I was threatening you, which you know never occured. I have many friends here on both sides of the aisle and depending on the subject I will hear from them. But it is always with respect. They do not have to agree with me,  but open conversation without name calling goes a long way. I actually love discussing subjects from all sides, it helps me coming up with solutions that could work.  Despite what has happened, you can feel free to read and comment on my articles.

2. TheManWithNoPants profile image60

I agree.  We could ALL use some more diplomacy.   I'm going to watch that, but you have to recognize the fact that you need to work on it too Tony.  Below is your introductry comment Old Poolman's hub.  This is the nicest guy on the hub. He's my neighbor.  He's a very well to do guy who gives more to needy people than anyone I know.  He treats his employees just like family, and is an gentle as anyone I've ever met.   This is your opening comment to his hub. 

"I would love to explain to you why you are wrong, but I know there is no point. You see the world as full of welfare cheats, I see it quite differently. I see people who need and deserve help - not just because it's the moral thing to do, but also because it makes economic sense. Again, I know that you and none of the applauding others will ever understand that, but it's the same reason that we provide "welfare" in the form of free education - we all benefit from it.
      Fortunately, most voters understand these issues better than most of you do, and that remains true even as right wing media redoubles its lies and misdirections." 

I can go get some of your insulting comments from my old hubs if needed also.  That's not the point. The point is, you assign no value to those who think differently than you.  See Tony, I'm not a right winger as you have labled me.  I'm a numbers guy.  "Liars figure, but figures don't lie."  The greed on both sides if the asile is what my organization fights.  To blame it all on one ideology is deadly to the cause of fixing things.  Here are two statements.  1.) "For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction."   2,) "Some things are free."  One of these statements can be true, but if you believe one, you have to throw the other one out the window.  It's that simple, and I know I don;t have to illustrate how it works.

There IS a very compassionate side to you.  There is no denying that, and I applaud you for that.  Inspite of everything, I believe your heart is good.  I know this, we bring out the worst in each other.  In the future, I'll stay away from your hubs so as not to open the door for failure. 

jim

Perhaps if you began with "I see what you said here about X, but I still feel compelled to point out.." , I might be a bit more accepting.

I would love to explain to you why you are wrong, but I know there is no point. You see the world as full of welfare cheats, I see it quite differently. I see people who need and deserve help - not just because it's the moral thing to do, but also because it makes economic sense. Again, I know that you and none of the applauding others will ever understand that, but it's the same reason that we provide "welfare" in the form of free education - we all benefit from it.

Fortunately, most voters understand these issues better than most of you do, and that remains true even as right wing media redoubles its lies and misdirections.

Perhaps if you began with "I see what you said here about X, but I still feel compelled to point out.." , I might be a bit more accepting.

I see your point about my comment at OPM's hub and I don't feel compelled to contest it.  You are correct,  I was wrong.

(don't let it go to your head).

And to make more amends, I will go find that hub, vote it up, plus-1 it and  FB "Like" it.

Imagine how confused some of my followers will be when they see that :-)

1. TheManWithNoPants profile image60

Tony, you're a stud.  Mike just called, and believe it or not, that meant a lot to him.  Now it's my turn .. I apologize for my childish behavier.  I'm supposed to be a grown up, but sometimes I can't break third grade.  There's never been a good time to say this, but sounds like the Mrs. has been through a lot and I know that can't be easy on you.  You will both be in my prayers tonight.  I know how you feel about that, so don't take it wrong.  I won't hurt anything, and I've got some explaining to do about my attitude and behavier the last few days anyway. lol ..  Happy holidays Tony.

jim

13. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

http://oldfashionpopcornmaker.com/images/old%20fashioned%20popcorn%20machine.jpg

For anyone who might need a refreshment break right about now.

LOL smile  Can always count on MM

2. TheManWithNoPants profile image60

Mighty Mom to save the daaaaay!  (singing badly)  I'm starved.  Tony is a worthy opponent.  Dude's tough!

jim

14. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

How about...

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/shine12345/wrh.jpg ?

Excellent

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)