Fear of other Hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (117 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

In your experience and from your observations, are there Hubbers that are afraid of other Hubbers? Do you believe that something can and should be done to remove such fear?

1. Eliminate Cancer profile image60
      Eliminate Cancerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I always thought people were overly polite, but then, I've only been here a month...

2. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

There are definitely some hubbers who scare me- because they often seem to be looking for battle.  You know the type?  Usually (as in almost always) negative, snarky, and seemingly mad at everyone.

1. thejeffriestube profile image60
      thejeffriestubeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This. Times 1000.

2. ArtzGirl profile image73
      ArtzGirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is a basic problem in every online writing group.  When I was involved in yelp.com's chat threads, the same thing would happen.  People become comfortable behind their computer and just start dive bombing certain people because they feel such power behind the keyboard on their computers.  People say things to others that they would never say to someone directly to their face, in a million years!

It is a shame that people can't maintain professional composure.
      But a lot of people are just using this medium as a way to vent, express themselves...
      The snarky, rude, irritating comments are just a reflection of that person's consciousness anyway.

Let it go!

1. imatellmuva profile image76
        imatellmuvaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ditto on your comment Artzgirl! Some people find a bravado behind a computer screen, who would in no way display the same face-to-face.

This behavior is similar to when I worked in the banking industry, and clients were all bossy-nasty over the phone, but when you met with these same people in person, it WAS a different story.

The Muva (one of my nicknames) can handle the bizness!!

3. profile image0

Yes, I see what you mean, and your fear is understandable. You, on the other hand, seem perfectly levelheaded.

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I restrain myself!  Trying to avoid the virtual version of having my car keyed.

1. Mighty Mom profile image76
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is there a virtual version?
        Yikes!

Sabatoge of some kind. Cyber stalking.  Harassment.  Plenty of folks have suffered these after forum games gone awry.

4. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://andthatwasthemostieverthrewup.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/rodney_dangerfield.jpg

5. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 12 years ago

You are an idiot! Hang on - forgot to hide behind a sock puppet - you wonderful person for writing this!

big_smile big_smile

Being serious I used to be a little 'scared' but as I don't know these people, and probably never will know them, an old saying comes to mind 'Stick and Stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me'.

I have a choice - I can be intimidated by these people, or I can simply value their opinions as much as they are worth - which in most cases is not a lot!

Now let me log back in as my sock puppet and totally disagree with myself so you don't suspect I am me!

6. profile image0

Thanks for the replies. I wonder how commonplace fear is around here. Personally, I don't fear anyone, but there are those I'd rather avoid coming into contact with.

7. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

I choose to beleive that it is mostly trying to avoid some hubbers rather than being afraid of them......cool

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Avoidance is pragmatic, fear is often irrational.

8. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Is it fear or intimidation from other Hubbers?
    Some may feel a little concerned about looking foolish and being lambasted
    hmm

1. profile image0

I'm sure that must be one of the Prime Phobias on HubPages. That is a shame, isn't it?

9. Dallas Matier profile image87
    Dallas Matierposted 12 years ago

I tend not to interact much on forums, in general (I lurk... and watch... I'm always watching... unless I have something better to do. Which, honestly, I usually do.)

But, really, you can just ignore the aggresive ones. Or, just tell them to tone it down a bit (though, they're not likely to listen).

Alternatively, if you are actually intimidated by someone on the internet, just remember...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6180212_f248.jpg

Keyboard Warrior!

1. profile image0

True. But some are taken by surprise by the behavior of others, I think, and that may cause them to be more cautious in the future. I agree with you, otherwise.

10. VendettaVixen profile image69
    VendettaVixenposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't call it "fear," but in the four months I've been here, I've noticed that some hubbers assume their imput and opinions don't mean as much as those of hubbers who've been here longer. Not sure there's much you can do about that, though.

1. profile image0

Good point. I believe that is deep-seated in some people. Of course, experience does command some respect, but everyone's opinion should be respected.

11. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Unless one is afraid to talk to people face to face then there's no reason to fear discussing subjects with someone at long distances.  smile

ccccooooxxxxx0000OOOOO(:c-<

1. profile image0

That makes sense. But like in the physical world, one can be taken by surprise and not feel quite prepared for some interactions.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Then it's better to not venture into subjects or situations one is not prepared for.  It's the same whether face-to-face or online.  There are always chances of difficulty in communicating with others, but the only way to avoid this is to not venture at all.  smile

12. Shanna11 profile image77
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

I can see how some people might be afraid to stick up for themselves or their beliefs against some Hubbers who do nothing but sniff out discord, but personally, I'm not afraid of other Hubbers. From experiences on other forums, there are always those users who are itching to pick a fight and those who are too timid to stand up to them.

However, from what I see on Hubpages, a lot of the users are really just very opinionated and a bit sharp-tongued, but generally harmless with good intentions.  It's quite nice here and I've found very few people that I make a habit of avoiding-- and those that I do avoid are simply because they are one-minded and have one sole goal on Hubpages forums that they beat to death and that's it.

1. profile image0

You sure seem fearless to me. Discerning, too. I'm impressed with how you are at ease around the site. Going places I've never been, like the religion forums for example.

1. Shanna11 profile image77
        Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ahah, I chalk that up to naivete more than I do bravery. I was unaware as to Hubbers acted on religion forums. I avoid them now because they argue in circles and after a while I get hopelessly confused. smile

1. profile image0

Thanks. I can imagine how confusing that forum must be. Some get stuck there forever, it could be like "Limbo."

13. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

It can be daunting when you are new ,and I used to get tired of the 'clicky' groups ,but much has changed and it is less so now smile

Sometimes I am  assertive ,but I don't mean to be scary.

1. profile image0

Good point. Nothing wrong with being assertive, and I sure hope no one finds you scary.

2. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm no afraid of assertive women; and I'm not afraid of the dark.

But I am skeerd of assertive women in the dark.  LOL

Just saying Howdy  Eaglekiwi

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Boo! Jerami lol

Good to cya smile

3. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eaglekiwi, I've always found you to be one of the friendliest people.  I can't imagine anyone thinking you're scary.

I sure hope nobody thinks I'm scary.   I'm the same on here as I am in real life, and I'm assertive in some ways but not in other ways.  I'm a straight-talker, and I know that typing can come across without any warmth or friendliness in  tone - which is why I'm always loading up my posts with emoticons.   I know, too, that how I come across in typing is the complete opposite of how I come across in person; because (opposite problem) in person my animated and friendly ways tend to get me in trouble "in the other direction" than my writing/typing do.  hmm   So, at this stage in my  life, I don't have a clue of who thinks what about me.   hmm  I'm far from scary, though.  That I can tell anyone.

Personally, I'd rather someone just ask me why I do or say something the way I do.  I couldn't change for them, but I'd be happy to point out what's behind whatever it is I've done or said.  hmm  Most of the time people would be surprised (shocked maybe).

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Aww thanks Lisa ,same back at ya smile

14. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

To be perfectly honest, it's not really a subject I've ever thought about before - one Hubber actually being afraid of another. Reading previous posts and thinking about it now, however, I can see how it could happen. Where it does happen, I think it's a great shame (whatever the circumstances). Agreement on the forums is not necessary and they would of course be less than what they are if we all agreed. Intimidation on an Internet forum, however... Yeah, right! Love the previous poster's photo of Peewee from Porky's favourite uncle! lol

Personally, no, I've never had the experience - but I do take care to steer clear of the religion and politics forums these days in case anyone should become fearful of me! smile I am easily wound up on those subjects and stand at the extreme opposite point of view of a majority of the principal participants... wink

Good question and I hope any who are reading this and feel intimidated are encouraged not to be and stand their ground within the rules and spirit of the community, or simply report the idiots to HP.

15. profile image0

Gordon Hamilton, I appreciate your post. I have never posted to religion or politics forums because (1) I don't feel I belong there, (2) I don't trust my ability to hold my temper. I hope that some people who experience fear may also post to this thread. I believe that in most cases, fear is irrational and therefore also unfortunate like you say.

16. profile image0

Agreed.

17. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

If you allow yourself to be fearful about Hubbers, then you might as well quit and go somewhere else. And while you are at it, examine the rest of your life.

This is an online adventure. Pick and choose how you respond to online personalities. You should be adult enough to do that, or maybe not.

18. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

I'm all about spreading the Hub Love, but I must admit there are a handful of hubbers (forum posters) who scare me. Not in terms of physical safety or stalking or anything. Just that their opinions, so freely expressed, are so extreme and negative and based on (don't even venture there)....
    I fear that we will never find common ground.
    That makes me sad.
    sad

Meanwhile, this quote comes to mind:

“it is much safer to be feared than loved because ...love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.”
    ― Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince

But what about "the baseness of women"?  yikes

What about it?
        lol

I would not presume to reinterpret the Divine Mr. M.
          smile
          This was written well before suffragettes and bra burning all that women's lib stuff. I think we fairer sex members were base by definition. Or maybe base-less?
          lol

Mac--that's what his close friends called him--might have a different slant on things today. smile  The singer known as "Prince" is who is most quoted today, MM!  Get with it!  lol

2. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am very afraid of snakes!  a healthy fear!

and there is not baseness of women, although many women are baseless!  I don't listen to what people who lived centuries ago wrote, unless it proves my own points.  And since I do not have a point, being baseless, I still have a healthy fear of snakes!  Snakes in the forums are never up to any good, imo!  big_smile

And apparently others dislike snakes also!  lol  Lately I mainly try to post to the forums just to see if I'm banned or not!  smile  You never know until you see the pic of Maddie riding the segway.  yikes

Try getting followers with a snake avatar!  Quite a challenge!  lol

2. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oooooooooooooh MM, between your avatar and your penchant for spreading Hub Love, I'm starting to get a little excited!  Gonna need a cold shower!  smile

LOL,
        Not even remotely close to what I expected you to say lol
        Just when you think you can stereotype people's reactions they go and surprise you and say something 135 degrees opposite.

Off to spread more Hub Love with my mentor Mac!

19. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

When I was new here, I was scared to post.

At that time there was a very strong 'clique' aspect to HP which isn't there now, thank God.

I learned early on in internet life not to "butt in", as a newbie you had to wait and watch, and learn.

So when I first came to HP, I didn't say much.

Some might say, so nothing has changed? lol

20. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

I'm not scared, but I cannot speak freely. For instance, I wanted to use the word "Christ", as a term of exasperation. But I knew that would get reported, so I used "Cripes" instead. I say "heck" instead of  h e  double hockey sticks, that sort of thing.

It's childish and stupid for a grown-up site. But there you have it. It's not fear, but having to tread very carefully.

21. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I'm afraid  almost every time I express an opinion.   There are some very angry people who have deep hatred for many of the opinions  I hold. 

I'm not going to let fear silence me.  I understand that there is some risk, but I can't live that way.

1. thejeffriestube profile image60
      thejeffriestubeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hear ya, man! I truly hate some of your opinions, but I think what makes us adults here is a little bit of tolerance towards ideas you might not like. I may not like your ideas, but I'd be more mad if you weren't allowed to express them.

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You may be in the minority on that....

2. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'll cross you off the list of people I'm worried about then smile

22. lovemychris profile image76

Yes, that's why it's tread carefully.

23. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Hubophobia and Hubophobic people!

24. alphagirl profile image76
    alphagirlposted 12 years ago

I did not know one would even have fears of other hubbers. Hmm, perhaps there should be more humility for each hubber.

Aren't we all here with an opinion or thought to express through words. Then we should be able to do so with out people judging one another. REALLY! No one should feel over shadowed by another hubber and no one should feel unworthy of their writing. Granted we are not all professional writers... There needs to be a level of respect whether we like what some else has written or not. The last thing you want is censor ship because of what you write. I think we need to take our opportunities at hubpages and use it in a positive light to help not to derail and tear anyone here down. You can do that in your own surroundings, there is no need to do it here.

This of course is my observation. Whether we have been here for years or just yesterday, I do believe we can all learn from one another.

25. suzettenaples profile image88
    suzettenaplesposted 12 years ago

If there are hubbers afraid of other hubbers, this is new to me.  I haven't run into anyone I'm afraid of here on hubpages.  If this is an issue could you give more details - or are you afraid to do so?

26. lovemychris profile image76

People are targeted for political views.

That's why some people can swear, others not.
    Some people can say things and it's ok...others are reported.

It's a form of McCarthyism, and not condusive to free speech. IMHO

27. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

I suppose I have a different outlook on the forums here.  This is supposed to be a site for writers.  The forums used to be a good place to try out ideas on one's peers before actually putting them out there into the public eye.  I believe it's better to find out your ideas stink on the forums before publishing them where they'll smell even worse.

If one is afraid to be proved wrong the forums are not the place for them.  I know, I was almost wrong one time!  roll

28. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

What's to be afraid of? I have a gun and two HUGEMONGOUS dogs! lol

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol I don't have guns or humongous dogs... but I am not afraid of anyone. If I want to say something I say , if I want to ignore something I ignore and if I want to dump something I just dump it... No fears here. lol

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You could always borrow one of my attack dogs should the need arise. They work for cookies. lol

Don't you think this ferocious animal would strike fear in any heart?

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6181611_f248.jpg

1. sofs profile image78

LOL he is too relaxed for any good... why waste the cookies lol

1. habee profile image92

Oh, you should see him in action! At the mention of the word "cookie," he's a real dynamo!

This is the really BIG one!
            http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6181778_f248.jpg

1. sofs profile image78

That is so cute...  smile Humongously  cute smile

1. habee profile image92

Thanks. That big boy means the world to me!

2. profile image0
              Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, habee, he looks vicious! wink

3. rmcrayne profile image90

Our word was "goodie", and we got to a point with Miss Mocha Bean where we had to start spelling it.  Then she started to recognize that too! So then we started to do this: nod/gesture-O-O-nod/gesture-I-E.

1. habee profile image92

LOL!! The same happened with us. We had to start spelling c o o k i e, and the boys figured it out. Now we call them the "c-word."

It can work to your advantage though.  When we want them to go to my room (we use baby gates to keep them in my room when we leave the house), we just yell "Cookie time!", and they go running. When we want them to go to the yard to do their business we yell "Field trip!"

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where's his head? lol

1. habee profile image92

It's the famous "headless live dog"!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
              Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They're both cuties.

29. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6181651_f248.jpg

1. sofs profile image78

Yep, perhaps.. only when I see a random fat guy in red coming up to me with a bag... lol

30. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 12 years ago

I believe it was some famous dude that said, "There is nothing to feah but feah itself!"

1. Lisa HW profile image61

I've always kind of disagreed with that famous saying.  If you think about it, there's a whole lot of stuff to fear.  lol  Fear, on the other hand, is something over which we have at least some control.   smile

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's what I was afraid of!  smile

As well  you (and all those fearful Hubbers out there) should be.   lol

2. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's like when they said that Conservatives are more fearful (which was wrong because it was based on a misunderstanding of amygdala function).  My thought was, well, sheesh, there are plenty of times when we should be afraid!

31. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 12 years ago

You all frighten the hell out of me and I only tolerate you because I need to enhance my hub score. My life is driven by the hub score and I fear your power to make it drop like a faintig goat.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6181797_f248.jpg

32. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

oops where did you get this idea from...... I am afraid of offending people and getting into arguments.  I think that you can easily misunderstand what someone is saying.... and sometimes sparks can fly.....

1. profile image0

I have had several cases of Hubbers expressing fear of me - when I have tried to critique their work or help them become a professional writer, for example. That is where the idea came from.

Thanks for giving your views on the issue. I hope people understand your intentions; people should not let themselves be offended so easily, in any case.

Website Examiner you were one of the first to help me after I joined HubPages.

I never forgot that, and to this day, I am grateful for hubbers like you..although I think you mighta' hooked one of dem' claws in me!! wink

1. profile image0

Thanks Imatellmuva, helping you has been my pleasure. Should the need ever arise, I'll be there again.

Awwww shucks...*blushes, and runs to mirror to see huge smile* big_smile

33. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

I am absolutely sure you are right.  I love to get help, when i ask for it.... People don't intend to be offended easily, sometimes it just happens.  you are very fortunate if you never get offended.

1. profile image0

I don't remember anyone ever having offended me on HubPages. There is always another day for new beginnings.

34. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

absolutely.  I do not profess to be anything like a professional writer, and i know there is discussion on hub paages sometimes, whether hubbers like me should really be here at all......

1. profile image0

Oh, you are a pro as far as I am concerned. You've kept me spellbound for at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting upon your hub. Left an imprint, too.

1. Joy56 profile image67
        Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

ha ha hh ha then you should read some more of my hubs,,,,

35. profile image0

Absolutely.

1. Joy56 profile image67

why was i afraid, you are putty in my hands.......

1. profile image0

Marvelous, and the constructive critiques will not bend you entirely out of shape.

36. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

never may that happen, though weakening with the things life throws at you.   I Hope i  never stop enjoying writing, sometimes it is a great safety valve.  I am working again now, teaching art and craft, and jewellery making in a college in Dublin to people with head injuries, so i am toughening up a bit......

37. profile image0

Sounds great! Good luck with everything.

1. Joy56 profile image67

thanks, cheers......

38. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I don't know that there are any hubbers to actually be afraid of, however, there are some who act as though they know everything about everything, and they know it better than anyone else does. These individuals, or sometimes like-minded cliques can be quite intimidating, confrontational, or even down right nasty to anyone who disagrees with them.  Of course, that's just been my observation.

1. profile image0

I agree. I think that sometimes it may be a deliberate debate strategy.

I've run into people who use that "debate strategy" in personal-life differences of opinion too - and it's a bad strategy.  It doesn't amount to winning an argumentt/debate.  It just amounts to shutting the other person up and/or making him realize you're not someone to bother trying to communicate with.  Some people might delude themselves into thinking that's winning the debate, when they really just delude themselves into their own little isolated world of not facing the reality that they aren't always as right as they think they are (and that others have written off their views as "unreasonable" and "unreasoned").   hmm

To me, "winning" the argument (or at least convincing someone else that you have some good points) doesn't count unless you do it with sound reasoning and plenty of back-up information.  Anything less is just aggressiveness.

Puts me in mind of a couple “Christians” I’ve encountered whose “prayers” are nothing more than meditation to rationalize their bad behavior.

2. habee profile image92

I agree.

39. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I frighten myself sometimes

40. profile image0

Lisa HW, I fully agree.

Good to know.  Now we don't need to worry about whether one of us scares the other one.  smile

41. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

No other hubber scares or worries me.

42. Tams R profile image84
    Tams Rposted 12 years ago

I can see how some may become intimidated, but I take it as harmless opinionated attempts to gain a higher hubber score when people go to see what they are about, or to express their opinions where others cannot eat them.
    Typically the unpopular opinion is the one that gets the most attention because people love to be right. Some people will argue well past the point they agreed not to argue.
    Just brush it off and have a little fun with it if you like. Maintain your own respect and to heck with whomever worries you. Unless they live next door that is, in which case - lock your doors.
    Heated conversations can be interesting if you look back and read them for their reckless banter.

43. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6184514_f248.jpg

Do not fear, we always can share...

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Love this picture!

44. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 12 years ago

“There is nothing to fear but fear itself.”

However, fear can have its own rewards, as long as that fear is possessed by someone else.

1. ArtzGirl profile image73

When an online writing source has stepped into the space of "fear" -- then it is time to step back and take a break from it.
      No need to even go there.

45. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

This is a community, and many different personalities are represented (one would hope there's only one personality per Hubber, but that's a different issue).  I do agree that some people feel offended at comments that wouldn't bother me. But I also agree there are sometimes overtones of a "Longtime Member" clique in some comments. I'm not sure what HP could do to remove the fear, since that's a reaction within each person.  Not sure how to remove the cause, either, since each of us has our own set of buttons available to be pushed.

46. imatellmuva profile image76
    imatellmuvaposted 12 years ago

Not long after I joined Hubpages, I created a Forum post about responding to Hub comments.

Based on the responses, I had to check and recheck the title of my Forum post, and my opening statement to make sure I didn't say something like, I ravaged a human for a sacrifial offering!

I would later become a participant in a Forum thread about the wearing of pajamas in public. Well, the response to my comments could be akin to the opening of Pandora's Box!

I held my own with both Forums...I'm tough, can take a punch, and am never fearful. I do think however, that some folk need to take it light, especially when a comment, or thread for that matter, does not read with what would be obvious signs of deliberate rudeness and injections of malicious contempt. It becomes an issue when responses express rudeness and contempt; not because someone is simply in disagreement.

Overall, I still enjoy HubPages and the commumity. I find both equally fascinating...even if we do not always agree.

47. LaMamaLoli profile image61
    LaMamaLoliposted 12 years ago

"I think there was a time here when there were a group of hubbers who unintentionally (being charitable) dominated some of the forums. However having been away and come back, it seems like a nicer place now." she said from her hiding place under the table!)

1. ArtzGirl profile image73

Where are these forums?

1. profile image0
    2. imatellmuva profile image76

Get from under the table LaMamaLoli...a new day is dawning!! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)