Elizabeth Warren for President? (She's Hot!)

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 10 years ago

"...In Democratic circles, disappointment in the promise of the Obama presidency and unease over a possible restoration of the Clintons have made the senator, who was sworn in just 10 months ago, the object of huge interest and the avatar of a newly assertive, fervently populist left eager for a more confrontational approach to politics...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/30/us/po … s&_r=0
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8406261_f248.jpg

1. Credence2 profile image77
      Credence2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

She is 'my gal' with enough guts to take on the big money changers in Washington and Wall Street. I would much rather see her run over Hillary.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't get me wrong.
        I admire her chutzpah tremendously. She is a hero for consumers.
        But I'm thinking pragmatically about who is most 'electable.'
        Early yet.
        But we know it's going to be an ugly, dirty fight starting in 2014.

Hi, MM, I dunno,  Hillary is a known quantity. I need a crusader, not a politician. I agree with you that it is 'Hillary's turn and she has the advantage for the nomination. But the 'more' that I was looking for outside of the idea of the 'heir apparent' is representative in Elizabeth. Lets face it the, the political right spares no expense in getting her out of Washington, out of view and she is someone to reckon with. 

It was much like the Mondale and Gary Hart struggle for the nomination in 1984. Hart represented a fresh approach to the Dems problems of 'predictability' in the world of Reagan. While, Mondale, loyal to a fault to the New Deal, Great Society Democratic party, appeared to be dragging the same baggage up the stairs and it had no traction during a time when the party needed to change direction, just a bit. To beat Reagan I thought that  we needed to look at Hart more closely.  I see too much of this happening again......

Poor Gary Hart. What does anyone remember him for? Chandra Levy. Bad rap.

I totally agree with what you are saying.
            But... the Dems put up the "fresh new face" in 2008. And it worked.
            8 years later, even the most loyal Obamabots will be weary.
            The WH will be ripe for the taking and we know the GOP will spare no expense (or dirty tricks)
            to get it. I would say "steal" it but trying to be nice.
            I don't so much think it's Hillary's "time" (which was 2008) but I think Hillary is the single most formidable Dem and has crossover appeal with women and moderates.
            Elizabeth Warren is ballsy and wonderful. But far left and I fear would be smeared by GOP and Wall Street banks. Ouch.
            I also think that given our do-nothing Congress things are going to be a mess still with so many unresolved issues. Warren is great in her focus. But Hillary has the foreign policy chops and the domestic policy experience, too.
            Most recent polling data I could find.
            http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 … ntroversy/

I shudder, really shudder to think who the Republicans will run.

Hey, MM, If Hillary Clinton is the nominee, I will support her over anyone that I can foresee the GOP running on its ticket. Hillary does have the advantage, but maybe the left needs a little of fire in the belly to counteract that shown by the right wing tea party. These are awful times, with the enemy out of take the very shirt of the backs of working people, it is high time that the kid gloves come off as war has been declared on all those that do not have 'Bentley's' in their garages. The political climate seems to be pointing to leaders with ideology and intesity, we need to neutralize the Tea Party's reps in congress. How could a bunch of right wing clowns hold the entire country hostage? Obama has found out to his peril that being nice to these guys does not work. Did you see Ms. Warren's speech at the Dem convention last year, only after Bill Clinton's, it was the most riveting of all?

For you, Credence.
                Talk about fire in the belly...
                Wow. She really rocks.
                https://www.upworthy.com/a-senator-blun … down?c=la1

2. profile image56
              Education Answerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, she is far left.  She is to the Democrats what a member of the Tea Party is to the Republicans.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
                Ralph Deedsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Elizabeth Warren is far right. The Tea Party is far wrong.

1. profile image56

Cute rhetoric.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66
              Ralph Deedsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"Poor Gary Hart. What does anyone remember him for? Chandra Levy. Bad rap."

Congressman Gary Condit, not Gary Hart, was the suspect in the death of Chandra Levy. Gary Hart's candidacy was derailed because he was accused of frolicking with someone other than his wife on a boat in Florida named Monkey Business. He was also linked to a woman named Donna Rice.

LOL at myself.
                Political men named Gary with mistresses, they blend together.
                Thanks for the correction, Ralph.
                Although fair warning: I would not be surprised if the next time "Gary Hart" gets mentioned I mis-remember hisfrolickee as CONDI Rice not Donna Rice. They sort of sound similar, don't you agree?
                Tee tee.

2. William F. Torpey profile image70
    William F. Torpeyposted 10 years ago

I'd like to see Elizabeth Warren run for the Democratic nomination for president. I am currently supporting Hillary Clinton, but if Warren entered the race I would switch over to her. Hillary would make a great president, but Elizabeth, I believe, would do more to help the millions of Americans who are who are suffering under our capitalist system (the poor and low-wage workers.)

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 10 years ago

My gut reaction to Ralph's idea is: I agree Elizabeth Warren is awesome. Awesome with a capital A.
    But....
    Does she have the support base to unseat Hillary?
    America went with the "hot" first-term senator in 2008. Unlikely they will make the same gamble again.
    2. Odds of a first-term senator being elected POTUS are small. Prior to Obama, only JFK and Warrren G. Harding had achieved that feat. Both died in office (not that that's relevant, just a fact).

There's something else to be said (not in any positive way) in that Hillary (and Bill) have been as thoroughly vetted as anyone can be. They are teflon at this point. "Benghazigate" (gag me) notwithstanding...

We don't have the luxury of a domestic policy president and a foreign policy president. We need someone strong in both. I would like to see Hillary win the presidency and appoint Warren to a top level cabinet position, maybe the New Lew....

A lot will depend on who the GOP -- or what's left of it by then -- puts up....
    That will be as comical as it was in 2008 and 2012.

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

I only vote for hot ppl. Im glad you brought her to my attention.

LOL. Whatever happened to your bikini, anyway?
      Maybe you could donate it to Elizabeth Warren...

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness, that was Beth100, and she deserved the bonus points. Im pretty sure Im not deserving of more than a 37 on the 1-100 scale.

You Beths with numbers after your names = too confusing for my addled brain.
          Hope I didn't insult you. Certainly did not mean to!
          smile

1. profile image0
            Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Insult me b/c you confused me with an attractive bikini clad woman?
            I will live on this memory for the next 30 years... think nothing of it. wink

5. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 10 years ago

She can run, and Bernie Sanders can be VP, or he can run, and she can be VP.  I'd support either option.

1. William F. Torpey profile image70
      William F. Torpeyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good to me, Sooner28.

6. profile image56
    Education Answerposted 10 years ago

Elizabeth Warren is to Democrats what a Tea Party member is to Republicans.  You can't claim that part of the GOP is extreme and then expect the GOP to choke down your own equivalent.  Needless to say, I truly do not wish to see her candidacy.

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image68
      Cody Hodge5posted 10 years agoin reply to this

When's the last time you heard a Tea Party member talk about raising the minimum wage or putting oversight on businesses?

1. profile image56

Yeah, I don't want a lot of that kind of legislation, so you made my point for me.

Oh yea, no minimum wage increase as productivity increases? No EPA? Should we just go back to 1913?

1. innersmiff profile image67
            innersmiffposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What, when unemployment was a fraction of what it is now? Yes please.

You know what they say about those who don't know their history....

2. profile image56

A Republican started the EPA.  Try again.

7. maxoxam41 profile image63
    maxoxam41posted 10 years ago

Warren has my vote. Clinton? Is the other Obama, meaning a puppet. No thanks.

8. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

I think she is very hot. Hillary is still hero in this house. Many people do not know this but in developing countries where women seem to have it the toughest, Hillary was/is a great inspiration for those women. My wife coming from such a place was motivated by her visit in the 90's.
    My house does not have party affiliations. And we are like the millions that are socially liberal and fiscally and regulatory conservative.
    Ms. Warren sounds good but not good enough. I would prefer to have someone with absolutely no experience in DC. Those people are making me sick on both sides.

So here is a double entendre for you: Perhaps if Elizabeth is a real head turner, she is just what we need.

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
      Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't that make you Libertarians?

1. Ericdierker profile image45
        Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You might think that but no. Libertarians are for drastically less government a fiscal conservative may be happy with the status quo (hence conservitism = not change) Some times we use the word conservative to mean reactionary and abolishment oriented --- but that would be radical not conservative.

9. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

If she actually walks the walk instead of Obamcising when it comes right down to it, I could support her.  I am one of her constituents right now!

But for now, I am looking at Ben Carson!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT084faYeuQHUmfc4wajovKM4JEEqJE1V4wyxAcRqqoQtokeya6eg

LOL, RB.
      Legislating is not brain surgery .... but maybe it is!

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
        Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How nice would it be to have an individual running the nation that was not a career politician?  Someone willing to sacrifice a few years of their life to bring the country out of its slide into oblivion.  An optimistic individual that believes in the potential of the American people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmNP5Z0Info

An inspirational human being without a hidden agenda!

Nice idea.
          But I believe naive in this day and age.
          The job is a lot harder and way more complex than it looks, both domestically and especially internationally.
          We are not an island.

Oh c'mon, like Barry'O had any actual experience before taking office

Let's see, a community agitator or a brain surgeon, hmmmm?

Ben Carson is tremendously more qualified than the current possessor of the office.

10. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

Just for the record.  I would prefer my State Senator Warren over the Cuckolded Clinton.  In a gender neutral society I believe the adjective is appropriate!

Cuckolded is the worst you got against Hillary? That's "hillarious!"

As to Ben Carson, he is a cross between Ron Paul and Allen West.
      Another one who wants to roll back the clock and progress in civil rights.

"Oh, my offensive comments equating gays with bestiality were taken out of context."
      Really?
      How come students at your own school demanded to remove you as commencement speaker?

As to Obama, his community organizing experience put him in the WH in 2008 and rewon it in 2012. The ground game cannot be overestimated.

Nah, not the worst, but someone needed to say it.   If you allow any hussy with an itch access to your husband, what will you do when someone wants to take advantage of your country?  smile

Given the choice, I prefer Elizabeth Warren!

Could you post something so I can understand why you think this?

And, exactly what has he accomplished?

11. profile image56
    Education Answerposted 10 years ago

Is honesty important in a president?  Do you want an honest president?  How many times must somebody lie before you stop trusting them?  I know that each of these are small lies or exaggerations, but her character should be a factor if she is to be considered for the most important office in America.

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profil … /Scandals/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)