I have deleted nearly all my hubs because of lack of traffic

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (76 posts)
  1. janetwrites profile image81
    janetwritesposted 10 years ago

I joined HubPages about 1 year ago and I have only written 13 hubs. Out of these 13 only 2 hubs are getting good traffic. That's why I deleted 11 hubs and left these 2 hubs on here. I'm not sure if I should go on with writing here.

I think I would still keep my account because I like the HubPages community and love reading other hubs.

1. dungeonraider profile image85
      dungeonraiderposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If writing is your passion, write what you enjoy writing and forget about the traffic.  If your goal is to make money writing here then focus on topics that will not only answer questions but will get readers to click on ads that (hopefully) correlate with your topic material.

I highly suggest you don't delete articles on HubPages.  Some of my articles drew little or no traffic for over a year and then started getting traffic..

One year old hubs on saturated topics haven't been in circulation long enough to tell how well they'll do in the long run.

My niche doesn't earn me much money and I'm OK with that.  If, however, I wanted to earn cash writing here, I realize it takes a great effort on my part.  Not only on topic selection but on activity.  Google takes notice when sub domains here are actively adding new material.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image91
      Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree with dungeonraider, my hub with the most traffic took a year to really start picking up. Now it gets 2/3 of all my traffic. You really can't tell which one it will be sometimes. If you don't have big plans for them, why not just leave them?

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree,  I have a couple of hubs that are my regulars - bringing in good traffic every day.  There are some more that do OK.  But most of them just tick along and sometimes have a surge.  Unless they are seriously substandard, leave them be.  Tweak them, icheck keywords etc and try and improve them.

Also you might find traffic to the two doing well drops now your sub does not have so much content

3. janetwrites profile image81
      janetwritesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for all your great tips and suggestions. While writing for HubPages I have also been working on my own website and though it is not finished yet and I haven't promoted it officially, it gets more traffic everyday than my hubs. This tells me I should concentrate on writing on my own website now.  I think my own website gets more traffic because I don't have the problem with duplicate contents, spam and other violations that all the revenue sharing sites have to cope with. I have knowledge in HTML, Internet Marketing, in particularly Affiliate Marketing. So this should be my focus. I will share my knowledge on my own website now. Writing for revenue sharing sites has nevertheless been a great experience but not my focus anymore. I will still stay around here to read other hubs.

Thanks again for your help and concern. Appreciate it very much.

1. younghopes profile image67
        younghopesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Would love to know more about your website, good luck with it, its a good step that you have taken.

4. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What a shame.
      A dud hub can become a winner if you rework it a bit by redoing the keyword research and slightly altering the focus. I did that to many hubs in the early days and those duds are doing great now.

BTW I haven't looked at your hubs but I'm assuming they are good quality.

5. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What a pity.  Have those Hubs disappeared from your account yet?   if not, I strongly recommend you edit them and republish them, stat!

One of the reasons you're not doing well is that your account is still too small.  Even though it's part of HubPages, Google looks at your sub-domain in its own right, and with eleven articles it's too small to be worth noticing.

So even though those Hubs aren't getting much traffic, they're still valuable as they give your sub-domain content.   Besides, as Susana says, a dud can become a winner unexpectedly, even after a long while.

1. CecilyHolt profile image70
        CecilyHoltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for this comment Marisa, I just joined Hub pages and was wondering about Google and the Adsense account. I'm currently shooting for at least 10 high-quality hubs, as that's what it suggested to apply to Google Adsense, I will keep writing until I start to see a bit more traffic and a stronger sub domain, then I will re-apply! Thanks again!

6. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As Marisa said, I wish you would republish those hubs ASAP!. 13 hubs is a very small amount to get noticed. What you should be doing is adding more to those. You never can tell which hubs will do well.

One of the first hubs I published here nearly three years age is for the first time getting 25 views per day, whereas it was 1 or 2 views, sometimes none. Since the beginning of the year I saw it got nearly  5,000 views in one week, then trickled back down to zero and now is getting a steady flow of traffic.

For your subdomain to succeed you need more content, lots of it. After publishing 100 or more hubs, waiting for 6 months to a year, then you can determine which hubs to keep. I have 172 published hubs and decided not to remove anymore because hubs which I thought wouldn't do well after 2 or 3 years are now picking up.

7. RichFatCat profile image85
      RichFatCatposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Keep going...you just haven't had a big hit.  It's hard to know which one will take off like a rocket.  There is no harm in having lots of Hubs out there just floating.  Just keep creating and one will surely hit.  The one that hits will lead people to the other Hubs you have and all your Hubs will increase their views from it.  My biggest hit was one on public speaking.  That one Hub keeps me wanting to write more.

8. janetwrites profile image81
      janetwritesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you to all of you for sharing your opinion, experience and tips on this matter. I appreciate all of them. The point is, as an non-native English speaker it takes so much time for me to research and write a hub, sometimes many days and I can't let my hubs sit and wait until I gain some profit from them. That's why I will concentrate on my other projects.

9. That Grrl profile image72
      That Grrlposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I completely understand how you are feeling. I began deleting posts last year. But, I didn't just delete them. Instead I moved them to my own site where they can still be read and at least give me content on the site I am building. I hope you kept a copy of your post before you took them down.

My HubPages posts which make money are those which are seasonal. You might try that as a focus, a way to rework your ideas and see if you can pull more traffic with a narrower niche topic.

Overall, don't give up and don't just delete your content. Value it yourself! Value it enough to keep it and try it somewhere else or revamp it and try it here again. I know how mind numbing it is to look at the HubPages stats and know your posts have been taken out of circulation, again. But don't let that be how you rate and value your own work. The HubPages standards are based on performing for Google. They do not reflect you as a writer. Don't ever forget that and keep on trucking.

10. profile image0
      mts1098posted 10 years agoin reply to this

when I first joined HB under a different account (2009), I did the very same in 2011.  After about two years of mediocre traffic I deleted all hubs and started over again in 2012 but only partially because of traffic.  The other reason was I not not like my style but the two years of activity here taught me to write better...

11. Rochelle Frank profile image92
      Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have been here 5+ years. I currently have 100+ Hubs.
      BY FAR. two (2) of those hundred account for almost 2/3 of my total views.
      I enjoy the community, the interaction and the fairly regular payouts.

I'd say-- give it a little time.

12. shai77 profile image80
      shai77posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Janet :-)
      I strongly recommend not to add more content.
      I have 215 hubs , i get few visit per day, and Hubpages keep stop featuring my hubs with no good reason, simply just because they can.It can be because in one of my subtitles there is a lowercase letter, or any other ridiculous reason. I have hubs with page rank 2 and 3, nearly 1500-2000 words,
      pictures, videos and everything, written very professionally, yet ...

1. Zuki7 profile image62
        Zuki7posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Chen,
        As a new writer on Hubpages your post has really discouraged me.  I looked at some of your hubs and I think they looked great.  I am hoping someone can comment as to why you do not get good traffic.  I love to write and voice my opinion and joined primarily as a hobby so I can have something productive to do when I am not working.  I think it would be great if my hobby could get me $20 or $50 a month - maybe I am aiming to high?

1. shai77 profile image80
          shai77posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Zuki7 :-)
          Thanks for the compliment . I really put a lot of time, money and effort here, but it is really for vain.
          It is really hard not to be frustrated, when every day you find that your hubs not featured any more because of, who knows what?! I'm talking about 1500 words articles, with pictures, and videos, and written professionally .The bottom line is that it simply wasn't worth it. I think it is probably much smarter to write on your own blogs, where you keep the money and have full control on your content.
          If you want to make extra income, i think there are better ways than trying to make it here. This is only my opinion of-course.Any way whatever you do good luck!!!

13. Kimberly A Joseph profile image59
      Kimberly A Josephposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think it's best to not give up. If you are serious about writing, keep doing it.. In the end, you reap what you sow. The amount of effort you put into researching how to gain followers and ultimately make money along with implementation, adds up. To become a successful writer with a following that will lead to making money takes time and patience.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think it also makes sense to put in the most effort where you reap the most rewards--which for many people will not be Hubpages.

1. dwelburn profile image92
          dwelburnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can you suggest somewhere that your efforts would be better rewarded Psycheskinner? I have yet to find any.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

I've tried 'em all and I haven't found any revenue sharing sites which pay better than HubPages. The point is, though, that writing for revenue-share is a hobbyist thing these days.  A couple of years ago, there were lots of full-time writers here - HubPages wasn't their primary source of income but it contributed a big slice.  Google changed all that with the Panda update, which reduced the income on all revenue-share sites dramatically.

These days if you want to make a living as a writer, you need to be working freelance (on sites like odesk, Elance etc, and eventually direct with your own clients).  You need your own website to advertise your services and market your ebooks.  Rev-sharing sites can still contribute a bit of pocket money and can be useful to promote your main site(s), but they are no longer a way to earn a meaningful income.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image75
              csmiravite-blogsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That has been my argument too in a number of forums in hubpages and elsewhere. If you want to earn as a writer, do content on the sites that you mentioned. Earning money from revenue sharing sites like hubpages, takes time.But writing for sites like hubpages gives a writer credibility and a portfolio of work that he/she can show to clients. I only have 15 hubs and I find it most amusing that only one article equates to half of my 12,000 views. I just got my adsense a few days ago and would try to do backlinks to increse my views.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
            psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you are thinking only of revenue sharing sites this is probably the best.  But you should also, perhaps, explore other options like writing books, paid blogging, having your own site, etc.

As Marisa mentioned, content sites are on the low end for earning.  So if the CPM/traffic  here is not meeting a person's goals it can be quite sensible for them to move their efforts elsewhere.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

If you think part of being successful on HubPages is to gain followers, then you're doomed to failure.

Here on HubPages, your followers are other members of the writers' community.   We do read each others' Hubs to motivate each other, but our paying audience comes from outside HubPages, via Google.  You will probably never know who they are. 

The key to success is to stop worrying about followers and start thinking about how to attract visitors from outside HubPages.

14. davidlivermore profile image93
      davidlivermoreposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are giving up way too early.  I had some hubs not getting any hits at all, but then in a couple years, they started to climb.

You are giving up way too easy.  You have to go back, revise, add contact, etc.

15. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Reading through the replies I see a lot of good advice. I think Marisa offers sound advice based on solid experience from the years I have seen her contributions. Others are very wise too. Many are saying not to give up. I agree with those.

Regarding deleting hubs do not forget you can unpublish hubs and they can sit idle for years and be spruced up with gained experience. They may be seasonal hubs. So, why not wait until the season returns. Sometimes its "Green" or the longevity factor is good, yet its form, format, content, or context may be lacking from inexperience - writing or SEO techniques.

Mine most certainly did. As I learned and discovered SEO techniques such as key word usage - how and how not to do, linking again how and how not to, and others will bring more readers.

It must be recognized that the following is either subject driven or author driven. If the subject is cyclic or seasonal then the article will follow that. If it is author driven then the following is looking for new or fresh even if that is reading a latest and looking through the profile page for more. No matter the following reading it is always slice of the pie and not the whole pie. Then does one create a larger pie or more pies. Some will be tasty and some will not as taste is subjective for each reader and objective for which to make more of is the online internet writer marketing their pies in a market place.

With honesty last year I deleted all of my hubs and let my account sit idle for over nine months. That was after being a member 2 years. I am into my third year now. I was overwhelmed with personal stuff and the decision was to eliminate many online activities. But, I kept the account active.

I still have around 200 hubs that were once published sitting on my PC. I have downloaded the CSV File for hub performance at the account page on either a quarterly or monthly basis to review since early in my first year. I am a numbers nut so I play with those. So, in essence there is a wealth of possibilities.

I published articles for a time period just to see their performance knowing I would delete them. It was a learning exercise as a model for learning with both the audience and the available readership. For instance I wrote about NHRA drag racing and HP readership was very, very little. Yet, in Google seen at Google Analytics they had growth. I learned those could succeed where they were read. Just not here at HP. 

I have and am revitalizing some of those articles based on that nutty playing with numbers looking for high performers while evaluating how 'green' they are. Green meaning they are not cyclic with changing social, economic, and political trends. Trends will at times dictate an article's longevity even the trend of the author as well as the subject.

Every contribution that is written and self-published has both value and worth. Determining those is a personal decision and cannot be judged only discerned. Keeping 2 out of 11 may be wise. However which of those 9 can be recycled is a question - "Reduce, Reuse & Recycle." Think "Green." smile while always practice, practice, and practice.

16. Shinkicker profile image54
      Shinkickerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Keep writing and don't delete. I have over 200 hubs but only a few get healthy hits. But if you can make your hubs more Google-friendly you can maybe increase the rate

17. Aneegma profile image70
      Aneegmaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Most people that get traffic on their hubs waited a year or so before that happens. My hub that gets the highest traffic took me well over a year before I saw any traffic. I agree with all the guys here that say edit and republish your hubs. It's all about a game of patience and if your goal is to make money then you need super patience.

18. Tolovaj profile image91
      Tolovajposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Deleting content is rarely a good move. I was writing about two years on another revenue sharing site before I got traffic. Of course I learned few things about ranking in this time, but some of the articles which were almost out of rankings for more than a year, climbed into top 10 for really competitive words without any additional work and nobody can't predict what the articles you have deleted may achieve, if you just gave them a chance.

I hope you'll stay here and add more content because this is really the only way to go - always was, always will be.

2. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Oh, so sorry to hear that, janetwrites. I hope you can recover some of them and see what you can salvage with some editing. You also need a lot more hubs before you can see real traffic. It took me at least a year before I could see my hubs and myself as an online writer, begin to mature. I still have hubs that struggle for traffic that need regular tweaks and promotion to stay alive. It takes a while to gain consistent traffic. Don't give up on writing here at HP, not before you take another look at why those hubs weren't receiving traffic.

3. younghopes profile image67
    younghopesposted 10 years ago

Hi Janet, I am really sorry to hear this and it is infact too sad. You are such a sweet hubber and  i have seen your hubs too which were great and of good quality too. You should have left them instead of deleting. Though i have written lots of hubs but only a few get lots of traffic others are just there- sometimes only i see a red symbol with them. It takes time for google to find out the hubs. If you think you are not getting traffic then you should try to do some keyword research before you write a post. hope this helps

4. dwelburn profile image92
    dwelburnposted 10 years ago

I find traffic so unpredictable. I was up to over 240 views per day (with 36 hubs), and then it went down to just 30 per day. That's cataclysmic. It stayed low for a while but a couple of weeks later I was back up to over 200 per day. Since then it has varied between about 150 and 220 per day.

Write about subjects that people search for on Google and link your related lenses together. Use good (and credited) photos with useful and accurate information. You will get traffic. Updates seem to help a lot too - even relatively minor ones.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have had exactly the opposite experience with regards to what some of the posters here said.  I think low performing hubs pull your subdomain down.  I have been here two years and at first waited and waited for low performing hubs to grow audiences.  Finally I realized that some never do simply because too many people are writing on those topics and too many write better articles about them than I do.  If I don't have a winner within five or six months, I rework it or dump it.  I don't buy this "wait until an article grows" business.

1. dungeonraider profile image85
        dungeonraiderposted 10 years agoin reply to this

While logged out of Google, you can check on a particular article's growth potential by noting where it started in search results when it got indexed and where it is 'X' months later.

For saturated topics, you can expect a year or more before you see quality articles work their way up and settle behind the most authoritative sites.

For my niche, many of my articles took two years to settle behind Dungeons and Dragons own and ahead of the others.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

However, you are missing one important point - the size of your sub-domain.   Google is impressed by size, so even low-traffic Hubs are contributing to your sub-domain's reputation on Google.   That's why many of us were upset when unFeaturing came in, because unFeatured Hubs didn't count towards the volume of our account.   

If you have somewhere better to put a low-traffic Hub, then by all means move it. But deleting a Hub is a terrible waste, unless it was going to get unFeatured anyway.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
          DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Marisa, how do you think that relates to the EC hubs? Do you think Google is looking down on a subdomain that they think is not publishing any new hubs because of the EC program?

That's a very good question, I wish I knew what the answer was!   I'm still very undecided about the Editor's Choice program.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

Marissa:  That last sentence you wrote above says it all:  "Unless it's going to get unfeatured anyway)...when your views drop and drop to almost nothing, you are headed towards being unfeatured...those hubs need to go!

Have you tried leaving one and seeing what happens?  What's the benefit in jumping before you're pushed?  Every view earns you something, so why sacrifice those last few views?

How long are you waiting before deciding?  Remember, a Hub can get a freshness boost from Google when it's first published, but then it has to find its place in the rankings,and it can take a few months to climb to a reasonable spot.

Anyway, the threshold for unFeaturing has been reduced a lot since it was first introduced.   I have several Hubs which I unpublished because they were unFeatured, but I never got around to using them elsewhere, so I republished them.  They're still doing fine even though their traffic has never been great.

5. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I dud can be a winner just by chance to. There was a scandal about a YA author's book that centered on black people becoming superior when radiation levels went up.  All of a sudden my hub about melanism got 1000s of hits.

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Dead hub? Poke with stick. Still dead after three years? Get shovel.

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I still have a year or two to keep poking. But if it starts to smell, will shovel. Keep hope alive!!

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I had this one 18-month-old hub that I had finally given up on. But then I had an insight as to a title change. Now it looks like it's getting weekly single-digit traffic. And, thus; a new viral hub is being born... big_smile

1. janshares profile image93
          jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Insight + hope = revival wink

2. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol You crack me up!!

7. ilikegames profile image63
    ilikegamesposted 10 years ago

I've only been here for about a week and I'm only seeing very small numbers. I would never delete a low performing Hub though, I'm just here to share my passion and fun, anything else is a bonus.

1. mochirajackson profile image60
      mochirajacksonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi ilikegames,

I agree. I love to write and I like the idea of creating hubs and being part of a community. I used to blog but found it got pretty lonely and it was so hard to get traffic. I've had more views of my articles here than on my blog so I'm staying and any earnings are a bonus. Hope you continue to enjoy it. You must be doing something right with a score of 94!  Take care x

2. Kimberly A Joseph profile image59
      Kimberly A Josephposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm new also, about 2 months in. Your attitude is the best way perspective to have going into this :-D

8. dwelburn profile image92
    dwelburnposted 10 years ago

Thank you Cardisa. That is very interesting and useful to know. I've been stuck at 36 hubs for a while. Guess I'd better do some more.

1. Cardisa profile image88

You are welcome smile

36 hubs is still small for being here two years but some hubbers have small amount of successful hubs. I think WryLit only has 40 something hubs and doing extremely well. Not everyone has the same luck so the best thing to do is increase your content and let Google know your subdomain is still active.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

63 at the moment and averaging up to 2,500 views a day smile

Sorry I spelt your name wrong. If I didn't happen upon an old thread about the misspelling of your name I would never have realized there's another "L" in there. smile

Common mistake smile I think a lot of people think my pseudonym is an abbreviation for "Wry Literature". smile

Actually, that's exactly what I thought! smile

smile

2. Pamela N Red profile image83
              Pamela N Redposted 10 years agoin reply to this

All these years I though it was Wry Lit too. I blame it on bad eye sight. sad

9. Alexia Britannica profile image59
    Alexia Britannicaposted 10 years ago

I am new in Hubpages. I relly love hubpage this is why i join in this community. Still I don't know what will happen with me. But I want to continue with hubpages.

10. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 10 years ago

My advice would be to read the tutorials that are provided by hub pages as to how to get traffic and how to use E-bay and Amazon adds on your hub pages.  I have several hubs but, there are times that I don't know why my scores aren't higher.  I think it is a work in progress (for me anyway), I just don't want to see you give up if it's something that you are enjoying.  One piece of advice that I kept seeing everywhere is to not treat this as a get rich quick kind of thing.  It is not.  I have seen a steady increase in my monthly earnings though. 

Good Luck to you!!

1. Alexia Britannica profile image59
      Alexia Britannicaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your advice. I will try my best.

2. Zainab Tarawali profile image64
      Zainab Tarawaliposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree. As a newcomer the tutorial pages have been very helpful for me. I look forward to gaining a useful (and profitable) experience here!

11. mactavers profile image91
    mactaversposted 10 years ago

Hi Janet,  I've written on Hub Pages for three years now.  I've only had 3 checks during that time and I plan to stop as soon as I reach my next one. If nothing else, I've enjoyed commenting and receiving comments which has allowed me to turn my best traffic Hubs into real articles of which most have been published.  If income is your goal, the best method is submitting to publications that are looking for the type of writing you do.  Your chances of getting non-fiction published are greater.  Best Wishes

12. profile image57
    spock28posted 10 years ago

Let do a zombies trot at dead hub sites!!

13. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 10 years ago

You're never going to get more traffic by deleting hubs.........

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

donotfear:  I disagree.  If you have tons of hubs in all kinds of topics scattered throughout your subdomain and many are sub par or poor performers, they only hold you down because Google wants niche writing that shows authority these days.  Dumping the mix and writing only in a few areas will bring more views, even though you may have fewer articles.

14. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 10 years ago

I am on hubpages for the last two years, have been writing for a year, have written 45 hubs, but now the traffic from few views has grown to about 700 per day. Total views ever are 39,482 with one hub having the largest share of 26,120 views. That same hub is getting above 400 views per day, The traffic is unpredictable.

15. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

If your goal on a revenue share site is to make money, patience is key. In my own experience writing for other revenue share sites, I didn't experience steady money til I had over 100 articles up. Revenue share is by no means a quick cash solution, but the formula pays off for the patient and diligent.

16. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

If your goal on a revenue share site is to make money, patience is key. In my own experience writing for other revenue share sites, I didn't experience steady money til I had over 100 articles up. Revenue share is by no means a quick cash solution, but the formula pays off for the patient and diligent.

17. Michael M Griffin profile image60
    Michael M Griffinposted 10 years ago

If you want more traffic, then you need to get your hubs on the top page of Google. It's called search engine optimization smile

18. JayFS profile image57
    JayFSposted 10 years ago

Keyword research is half the battle. If you're writing articles on topics that are already saturated (weight loss, how to plant, how to make money online, etc.) you're not going to get any traffic. It's like that for any site, not just Hubpages.

I'm not sure what your articles were before, but I recommend taking some time to analyze your articles. Are they nichified (meaning, are you writing articles on topics that are not competitive), or are your articles too broad?

19. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 10 years ago

I deleted about 20 Hubs that were not performing well.  I moved them to another site.  The Hubs I have left are performing well, but it has taken time!  Traffic doesn't happen overnight.

20. formosangirl profile image79
    formosangirlposted 10 years ago

The only time you truly need to delete a hub is if Hubpages won't publish it. Then, I moved those hubs to Blogspot or whatever Google now calls it. Even though I average 21 visits, that's good enough for me and my earnings grow gradually. I shouldn't have great expectations of traffic or earning if I don't devote the time here. But my efforts are paying off effortlessly with the occasional babysitting broken links. It's better than clipping coupons.

21. einron profile image53
    einronposted 10 years ago

I never delete my hubs for they are my work even if there is not much traffic.  Every now and then, I may upgrade them with more pictures.  Hopefully, they will attract more traffic.

I can see your frustration and I hope your next hub will get better traffic.

22. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 10 years ago

Sorry to hear about that Janet. I visited your profile and was surprised why there were only 2 hubs left. My traffics are not so good too, but I can´t delete some which are "dead." They are all featured though. They are my babies and they will stay there as long as I´m here. I tweak them every now and then. Sometimes they have good traffic, sometimes not. I wish you good luck to your goals.

23. mbasa profile image37
    mbasaposted 10 years ago

Do you do keyword research before writing?

24. G Miah profile image79
    G Miahposted 10 years ago

Instead of deleting them you should have reworked them. I did that with some of mine and it worked wonders for traffic and earnings.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)