My hubs are beeing flaged

Jump to Last Post 51-68 of 68 discussions (118 posts)
  1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

I notice this on his profile:

"As a freelancer he has started hubing as a hobby in the first place and to share others great articles and useful information .."

Unfortunately, he doesn't mention those "others" by name

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Just to be fair - nobody picks up on your Romanian spelling and grammar. The guy is from Romania...

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

At least the stuff he copies is in English big_smile

3. profile image50
    broalexposted 16 years ago

Kerrig or whatever your name is ...

Was that you calling me a LOSER ? Go report your stupidity to Google Better Understand ? Reporting me to adsense ? LOL yikes) And Which of the Google TOS was broken ? You are such a kiddie darling go to sleep better .. tellin` ya

Uninvited Writerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Scroll up...

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
        Bonnie Ramseyposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I would think that STOLEN would be self explainatory. Not sure how many other ways that could be explained.

4. profile image50

Yup I am from Romania near Russia tongue

Hubs are being flagged unfairly Anyways ...  Low Hub Score Affects the Score and That`s it !

So Game Girl Start playing lol - flagging Hubs

Take a look at http://hubpages.com/hub/mortgage-chase-com -

There is serious flagging to do there - Run for it lol

5. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 16 years ago

Romanian. That actually explains more than just the bad grammar. ~sighs~

broalex, as UninvitedWriter says, scroll up. Plagiarism is against the law, and considerably better writers than you have been forced to face the consequences of it.

Or hell, I'll even demonstrate MY mad copy-paste skillz just for you:

6. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

So, I really don't think a flagging war needs to start.  How about we all only flag when it is truly necessary?  If you are unsure of what deserves flagging and what doesn't, just don't flag.

When something of yours has been flagged, instead of "getting back" at someone, find out why it was flagged--either you need to fix something, or they system inadvertently got it, and the HP team will manually fix it for you.

If you guys start a flagging war, all you will do is create a ton of work for the HP team, which will only hurt all of us...even those who don't flag, or do flag correctly.  These games mean we all lose.

I don't know about others but I only do flag when I see flagrant plagiarizing or spamming, and I don't have time to check every one of his hubs big_smile

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

My comment wasn't geared towards anyone but the ones threatening to "reciprocate" the flagging.

I know, I didn't take it personally smile

7. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Now that's the sort of thing that gets you deleted. smile

Paul suggested, and I agree - don't just flag this stuff. Report it to the people who it is stolen from. Get them to complain to google. They will ban the adsense account. No more money - no more stealing big_smile

8. profile image47
    StevePposted 16 years ago

How about those who flag to reduce the score of a hub competitor that is writing about the same topic? Think it does not happen?

broalex pointed out a really good one in the last one he recommended game girl go flag. That "author" has 439 hubs that are almost ALL copy paste.

So game girl. You hinestly believe that I could not take a couple sentences from ANY of your hubs and find them in the BILLIONS of websites posted online? If I can then I guess it is duplicate content right?

At what percentage do YOU deem it to be duplicate since you seem to have nothing better to do than search online to see if hubbers have "stolen content" I'm just curious because you all seem to be the authorities on duplicate content.

Please point me to the "Articles Of Duplicate Content" you drafted for the online world.

I bet I can take random sentences from any one of any of you alls hubs and find those sentences somewhere online. if I can then they are duplicate content.

I love all this hollier than thou crap from people who have nothing better to do with their time.

Like the one guy who ALWAY puts in his hubs "not selling anything here" (you know who you are and you're on this thread) YOU ARE selling something. If you are TRULY here to "not sell anything" then take your adsense account of your hubpages account, don't post any ebay or amazon listings.

LOL _ I know who I am.

I also know you have no hubs now.

1. profile image47
        StevePposted 16 years agoin reply to this

And I suppose you being one of the "Hubbing Gods" took care of that?

No.

I am not a hubbing god (except the sarcasm)

You guys are just too dumb to realize than coming on to the forum and making a fuss just draws attention to yourselves. LOL  Hubpages must get 2-3,000 (just guessing) hubs added a day. They can't look at all of them. Silly boy.

9. profile image50

STEVE of course "He is Selling Something Around" and Game Girl has 40% of her hubs copied from elsewhere on the web there is no doubt i`ve been going through them and even search for them.

Google doesn`t Ban People for Plagiarism Mark .. that non-sense

lol

They will ban your adsense account if the person you stole the content from makes a complaint and it is upheld. You will not easily get another one.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

An excerpt from this site:

http://www.plagiarism.org/learning_cent … arism.html

"copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on "fair use" rules)"

1. profile image47
      StevePposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Out of curiousity who is the owner of that site?

I don't know but they took the definition from the Mirriam-Webster Dictionary.

11. profile image47
    StevePposted 16 years ago

So they stole content, ironic is it not?

No, they properly quoted it and gave credit to the source...

12. profile image50

lol

13. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

Hmm.. Well, considering that I've spent hours and hours writing my hubs, making sure that I darn well don't copy other writers, no matter what I'm writing about, the "insults" from Steve and broalex don't really phase me.

If you feel my hubs, which I have spent Lord only knows how long writing from scratch, researching facts and information for, and re-reading to make sure they both make sense and follow the rules and common decency of writing, are duplicates, feel free to send me an email linking exactly which hubs you're concerned over and I will go over them yet again.  I can assure you that I have done my level best to ensure my content is nothing but my own.

Outside of that, no broalex.  I will not go on a flagging spree just because you think it'd be fun or funny. 

Talk about holier than thou, there is a certain level of that going on from broalex, copy/pasting content from a variety of authors and yet claiming it was all written by him.  Despicable.

14. profile image50

Gave Credit ? lol

They said where it was from and then rewrote it in, as they said, "easy to understand terms"

15. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

Time to step off this merry-go-round.  Let these children who think it's all fun and games to steal other people's hard work just keep digging their own holes.

I've got better things to do, like play the Sims: Life Stories. big_smile big_smile big_smile

I agree. Life is to short to try and get some people to understand the concept of copyright and plagiarism.

16. profile image50

Mark I could figure that one out . That HP doesn`t check all the hubs and it`s not their script doing the job. It`s only the people flagging them lol

Not sure, but Steve here had hubs when he started - and then - all gone. Nothing to do with me.

All I was saying is I have seen a few people come on the forum and make a fuss. All of them skirting the rules and then - gone.

17. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Yep,

And stay assured - from now on you'll have quite a few eyes checking your every new hub for plagiarism LOL

....providing you survive this crisis of course big_smile

18. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

1. If you think something may violate the HubPages rules please flag it.  Every flagged hub will be reviewed by a person at HubPages and the appropriate action taken.

2. If you think something has been copied from somewhere else, please flag it as a duplicate here at HubPages.  This will cause our automated dupe checker to apply extra scrutiny to that hub, but it will of course only be penalized if it is duplicate content.   Further, if you want to go the extra mile you can also contact whomever you believe to be the original author and give them this URL:

http://hubpages.com/help/copyright_infringement

All they have to do is file a complaint with us and we will remove the content very quickly.  That is the only way something that is a duplicate will be removed by us, unless of course we ban the author altogether for other violations.

3. Please don't get into long drawn out arguments in the forums.  Just flag it and move on.

This thread is now closed.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)