Can you guys help me think of a name for a pet sloth ? It's a her.

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Krista 07 profile image62
    Krista 07posted 16 years ago

Hi Guys!
    I need some help. My sister ( who lives all the way in Brazil ) is going to give me a pet sloth.   I just can't think of a name. If this helps it is a she and it's a three toed sloth. hmmmm...... Please tell me if you have any ideas. I'm all ears. hmm

1. BartholomewKlick profile image64
      BartholomewKlickposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think you should name him socks.  So that you can confuse all your friends. :-)

2. Kenny Wordsmith profile image73
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 16 years ago

Trisha?

3. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

Try this random name generator.  I got "Elfrieda Bienvenida" on my first try, it seems like a reasonable sloth name to me:

ELFRIEDA --

Usage: English
    Means "elf strength" from the Old English element ælf combined with þryð "strength". The use of this name was revived in the 19th century.

BIENVENIDA --

Usage: Spanish
    Pronounced: byen-be-NEE-dhah   [key]
    Derived from Spanish bienvenido meaning "welcome".

4. profile image55
    Orchid Loverposted 16 years ago

Hello,
    Enteresting to have a sloth as a pet. How about the name Pogo? Have fun and good luck with your pet. I'm sure you don't have to chase it around the house.big_smile

5. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 16 years ago

Call it Flash!

6. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

Name it Alexis Johnstone.

hehe

7. Isabella Snow profile image83
    Isabella Snowposted 16 years ago

If your sloth is coming from Brazil, maybe you could choose a Portuguese word for its name. Something that means something to you, or just something you like the sound of.

I like Quinta, myself.

You may not want name your sloth Thursday, though. wink

8. Jackilyn profile image59
    Jackilynposted 16 years ago

What about Perky, 'sis'?           

luv u! xxoo

9. Catawn profile image60
    Catawnposted 16 years ago

I tend to use Rink Works fantasy name generator for any name issues I have.

http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/

10. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

please dont call it Mohammed you may end up in Jail,lol.....jimmy
    p.s i think a great name for a sloth would be Speedy

11. Isabella Snow profile image83
    Isabella Snowposted 16 years ago

LOL, Jimmy, great name. wink

12. compu-smart profile image87
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

I tried imputting your name "Krista" and "Three taod sloth" etc here http://freespace.virgin.net/martin.mamo/fanagram.html which is a cool anagram generator, but i could not come up with anything cool..

I like Jimmys choice Speedy:)

13. Earth Angel profile image60
    Earth Angelposted 16 years ago

How about "Lightening??" In honor of you being a boxer?? Blessings on her long and safe trip!! Earth Angel!!

14. profile image50
    RockGirlposted 16 years ago

Hi I'm Sara
    mysister was having aboy cat and she named it MEME , but my brother and father didn't like it their excuse was it's become little big (grow up) & it's derty .........and they sold it .. & we (I & my 5 sisters) cryed so much because we like MEME alot .
    I wish you name your cat MEME smile           
    your cat look so much like my sister's cat..

15. profile image54
    wanger55posted 16 years ago

How about Speedett?

16. Guru-C profile image76
    Guru-Cposted 16 years ago

How about Daisy, short for Lazy Daisy?

17. Krista 07 profile image62
    Krista 07posted 16 years ago

Thanks for all the great names!!!!!!!!!

1. trakker14 profile image60
      trakker14posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Is the kitten picture  one of your own?  I love Ragdolls, they are marked so beautiful.

18. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

have you chosen a name yet? Krista, I am sure everyone is gasping to know.....jimmy

19. djtphn1 profile image73
    djtphn1posted 16 years ago

Ok, you got me, what is a sloth?

20. Jerrico Usher profile image55
    Jerrico Usherposted 16 years ago

lol glad someone else didnt know, what exactly is a sloth, not that I couldnt look it up on google (and land on hub about it LOL) sorry just trying to make someone laugh..

Jerrico

hey Jerrico is a wonderful name for a sloth! yea. (seriousely)

21. malabikajay profile image59
    malabikajayposted 16 years ago

u can try with Chickoo!!!

22. d mitchell profile image67
    d mitchellposted 16 years ago

hmmmm... a sloth.  How about:

Junk
    or
    Slow Boat

Where does one get a pet sloth?  I need me one.

23. Earth Angel profile image60
    Earth Angelposted 16 years ago

Okay, so it's Sunday evening and I'm catching up on computer work and I am waiting patiently for the new name and arrival date of your sloth!!?? I so need to get a life!! Blessings, Earth Angel!!

24. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Yes, Krista did you choose a name?

25. webismine profile image58
    webismineposted 16 years ago
  26. freepsychic profile image56
    freepsychicposted 16 years ago

how bout sloppy the slothy? would you like a pet psychic reading? visit hub freepsychic.

27. freepsychic profile image56
    freepsychicposted 16 years ago

here's another gem from the '80's: How bout trippendiculess?  tri, like 3, get it?  '80's geek humor.

28. Francis Moran profile image61
    Francis Moranposted 16 years ago

hmmmm how about RAPIDO?

it's spanish speedy (lol, get it???)

have fun with your pet and go give him a hug for me!

do have a nice day.

29. Theophanes profile image89
    Theophanesposted 16 years ago

I like naming things after words that may be a joke/pun. Slugabed would be amusing for a sloth.. That or Nitro if you want to go with irony...

30. jessdoit profile image61
    jessdoitposted 16 years ago

How about " Molasses ", Sloth,s move as slow as molasses, re: thick brown syrup, that pours very slowly.

31. Betty Jo Petty profile image60
    Betty Jo Pettyposted 16 years ago

I'm guessing by now the sloth has a name.  I can't remember the name of the sloth in Ice Age,.

How about Ziggy (just different) or Speedy?  Ziggy sounds more like a lizard name, maybe.

32. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

What a great thread!  Inquiring minds want to know if you've chosen a name!  And, yes, I want to know too - where DO you get a pet sloth?  Where do you keep it?  Interesting....

I like the suggestions based on "speed" or lack thereof.  Don't sloths sleep in trees, hanging upside down?  How about "Topsy"  (for topsy-turvey)?

Good luck - we want to see photos!

Steph

33. Princessa profile image80
    Princessaposted 16 years ago

Did you name it yet?

34. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I guess long ago. Thread is two months old big_smile

1. Princessa profile image80
      Princessaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

lol    guess I need to buy a calander and actually look at it.  It reminds me last year when I drove for an hour to see a concert that was programmed for a month later smile

35. Beth Berry profile image57
    Beth Berryposted 16 years ago

I suggest Speedy or Lightening

36. Caryl Oliver profile image61
    Caryl Oliverposted 16 years ago

I have read the whole thread and still need to know:

Did the Sloth arrive?
    What did it get called? (it's not like you need a name you can call out in the park, is it?)
    How is it? (living comfortably under the couch or in a mansion in the yard?)
    What tricks have you taught it so far? (rush out and alert you just as visitors are leaving?)

37. peachtron profile image59
    peachtronposted 16 years ago

OMG a sloth?  They are the most adorable animals ever.  You probably named her by now, but I've always been fond of Margot.

38. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 5 years ago

Just tell her to take her time getting there.  No need to hurry.
    I mean, it's taken 11+yrs so far, I hope the life of a sloth is longer than that.

1. foha profile image57
      fohaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

hahaha, I hope this guy is happy

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
        DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

No, if the sloth ever existed in the first place he is dead by now.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts also. Too slow to name her.

39. Isabellared profile image51
    Isabellaredposted 4 years ago

Dash

(Zootopia)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)