Do watch this video..Stand By Me

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (73 posts)
  1. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Something to make you smile...and sing and even dance a little... like it did me! Done so beautifully big_smile Enjoy!

Stand By Me

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great video! Thanks for sharing. smile

ripplemakerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ryan!!! I can see you singing with Steph! smilebig_smilewink
        Glad you have each other.

2. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 14 years ago

Thank you!  It brightened my morning.

Hi Teresa, thanks for watching this video.  It brightened me up too...evening on my end of the world.  wink

3. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

A good friend of mine had sent me this link a little while ago...I'm now thinking I should start the day with it, every day.  Thanks for the reminder, Michelle!

Hi Sally, it's pretty cool huh?  May you have wonderful people to stand by you.  smile

4. SEM Pro profile image82
    SEM Proposted 14 years ago

BEAUTIFUL - thank you so much Ripplemaker smile Glorious ripples!

The effect of the video: a tug in the heart. smile Thanks Sem pro!

5. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the video link RippleMaker!!smile
    I Love that song! It was a really good alternative to the original which is just as awsome!

smile

Howdy Compu-Smart! I can hear you singing all the way to my house. hehehehe  http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/carlapryor/GuitarSingingSmileyAni.gif

6. SEM Pro profile image82
    SEM Proposted 14 years ago

Loved it so much added it to my newest hub as one way to "be" as we shape our world's future - natch with thanks to you ripplemaker! Does sound like a great way to start the day! First with the gratidude dance - then standing by those willing to join hands around the world

7. Dottie1 profile image62
    Dottie1posted 14 years ago

I love that song too!  I'm singing...won't you join in smile

When the night has come
    And the land is dark...

Dottie! I will! I will!
      http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll172/Pre-KRocks/music.jpg

1. Dottie1 profile image62
        Dottie1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh goody, let's continue then smile

And the moon is the only light we'll see
        No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
        Just as long as you stand, stand by me....

(I told you I like that song)  Ok sleepy time in my part of the world, nite!... thanks for singing along with me... big_smile lol cool

Sis dottie, you love the song!  I can see that. LOL Maybe one day I'd get to really hear you sing --live! big_smile

8. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Dear Ripplemaker you are amazing as that video was, I am going to email that one out to everyone, it was amazing. xoxox

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/juli93/RANDOMSS/happy-1.jpg It brings out the sunny feeling within huh? Thanks BP!

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BP it blew me away! Should be compulsory viewing smile

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree I have posted it to everyone I know and am boogying on the floor (doing my morning aerobics) watching it again. smile

9. VioletSun profile image81
    VioletSunposted 14 years ago

Michelle: Shucks, I tried and tried to view it, and see everyone else has been able to play the video but neither Phil or I could open it; could be our computers. :::big pout::::  Will try again later. smile

Yeah, maybe it will work later! wink

1. VioletSun profile image81
        VioletSunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow!!! I just finished watching it, and had tears. I loved it! Thanks Michele for sharing with us all!

Hi Marie, your computer is now cooperating!  Yippeee!  So glad you finally could see the video.  I know you and I know you would love this video!  Regards to Phil.

10. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

That was amazing & inspiring.  I loved it! big_smile

Thanks so much for posting the link!

Hi Jane, thanks for watching! I played it the whole time I was dressing up for work this morning. lol

11. emohealer profile image68
    emohealerposted 14 years ago

Michelle, thanks for knowing I am not a huge forum browser and sending this link to me.  Still have tears in my eyes.  I am standing!  This link is one I will be forwarding everywhere I know.  The ripples are beautiful and inspiring, I appreciate you and this vid.

Teehee...thanks for coming over Sue! It feels amazingly good after watching. Made my whole day bright! Hugs to you... smile

12. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Oh what a sight! My house mate is not here, so the tears just flowed down my face! What a beautiful optimistic view of mankind's wonderful spirit. Totally uplifting and a big surprise.

I cried too Earnest I think the neighbours heard me but that is not unusual lol.

2. ripplemaker profile image77

You said it so wonderfully earnest! I laughed with joy  beside you!  Yipppeee! big_smile

13. create a page profile image59
    create a pageposted 14 years ago

Excellent production.  Who said much money is needed for a music band?  A great video.  Thanks for sharing.  Excelente.  Muy bien.

Hello there! Nice to meet you in this thread! You are most welcome. big_smile

14. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Oh by the way I think I am in love with that young dark skinned guy with the dreadlocks, not only can he sing but omg he is so cute. Clarence Bekker ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

1. earnestshub profile image80

Well being a bloke I will allow he is good looking. smile His voice and the way he conveys the emotions of this beautiful song is pretty mind boggling! Granpa has a fab voice, and his mouth organ playing is really top class! Geez BP,they are all just top class.

You are so endearing BP...hahahahaha that's why people love you! smile

15. earnestshub profile image80

Trust ripplemaker to come up with something like this! smile She is so sweet and inspirational too!

16. rmr profile image69
    rmrposted 14 years ago

Thanks a lot, Michelle. I really needed that this week. I'm going to watch it again now.

Me too Clarence is calling me.

Hi rmr! Hope all is well with you.  Thanks for watching this video! smile

17. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

it was amazing, thank you

Thanks isis for watching!  smile

18. earnestshub profile image80

How did they edit this? It is amazing!

19. Pamda Man profile image57
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

Wow. The whole page is the same poster. Lol. XD

Sorry PamdaMan, didn't want to let anyone feel unseen or seemingly unheard. Do you know the forums sometimes make you feel like that? Like nobody is talking to you?  Well, it does feel good to know somebody is standing with you. LOL

20. Pamda Man profile image57
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

I just find it unusual. It's not every day you see a 10-ple post.

21. ripplemaker profile image77

I guess I'm happy some people responded and watched the video. smile

22. DoodleLyn profile image72
    DoodleLynposted 14 years ago

What an awesome way to start my day...now I will be singing and dancing all day! I was so touched by this video. I will be sharing it with everyone I know. What a wonderful testimony to the human spirit. Thank you, Ripplemaker, for that inspiring slice of humanity at it's best! You rock!

May that human spirit be magnified a thousand times more. Thanks Doodlelyn for watching! smile

23. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I received this video as a part of Product (Red). Very cool smile

Colebabie, what's a Product Red?  smile

1. Colebabie profile image59
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(RED) was  created to raise awareness and money for the Global Fund by teaming up with the world's most iconic brands to produce (PRODUCT) RED branded products. A portion of profits from each (PRODUCT) RED product sold goes directly to the Global Fund to invest in African AIDS programs, with a focus on women and children. They have brands of iPods, clothing, etc.

They have (RED) Wire which is a digital music service that costs $5 a month and the proceeds go to buy medicine in Africa. Every month you get an issue with things like songs that go to your iTunes, music videos, interviews etc. Its really cool. (RED) Wire is on a break right now while they right new issues. But as soon as it gets back up and running everyone should check it out.
        http://www.joinred.com/Shop/shop_redwire.aspx

Aaahhh, thanks for the info.  That sounds wonderful. I'll keep the link and check on it tonight. Many thanks...

24. Jenny30 profile image60
    Jenny30posted 14 years ago

great video! Awesome!

Thanks Jenny for watching! I'm happy you saw this. smile

25. earnestshub profile image80

I'm completely hooked on this song. I am getting my family (many musicians) together to record it ourselves! In the mean time I just want to see it again and again!

Earnest, that would be totally COOL!!! Go,go, go.  You must promise to send me a link when it's done. smile

I think I would be too shy, after all who could compete with that? If it is good enough maybe smile

I know you would sing it from your heart as your family will do.  It will be wonderful Earnest...I know it will be.  Promise, you will share it with us? smile Promise.... Hahaha lol

Jeez that feels a bit away right now, I haven't even told anyone yet. smile but I do love this version, it is ALL about soul!

hehe no hurry. big_smile

26. Charia Samher profile image62
    Charia Samherposted 14 years ago

This is beautiful, teacher Michelle! Thank you for sharing. I love it so much! I was waiting though for the participant in our country, lol ! Why not there are a lot of good singers and musicians in the Philippines especially in Cebu! wink

http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/000203CC.gifhttp://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/000203CB.gifhttp://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/000203C1.gifhttp://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/0002007A.gif

These are so cute and cool smileys you posted. They made me smile big_smile  Cool!  Hahahaha Maybe we could make something similar. wink I know earnest is going to make one with his family.  Thanks Sol for watching with me. Just wishing you the joy of having people who stand by you.

27. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

That video has made the rounds, and for good reason, in my opinion. It rocked my world, and I hope it continues to rock others'.

Hi Valerie, when something touches the heart, people pass it on.  So nice... Thanks for being here and making a stand to magnify the good within all of us.  smile

28. hubby7 profile image63
    hubby7posted 14 years ago

I have to admit I enjoyed the video very much. It made me move and sing along with it. It brought back memories of when I use to play trumpet in the band during my high school years. It also brought back memories of when I use to go to neighbor festivals here in Chicago and listen to various musicians perform. Again, great video. Worth viewing!

29. Mac Mission profile image60
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

Its really too good to watch. cheerss

30. ripplemaker profile image77

hubby7:  do you still play the trumpet until now?  That is really cool. smile

Mac Mission:  glad you liked it! smile

31. Koby profile image60
    Kobyposted 14 years ago

this is awesome! thanks!

Hi Koby!  How are you on this fine day?  big_smile Thanks for participating on this thread and watching the video. Woohoo! big_smile

I'm back for another listen! You sure did good ripplemaker, this is an inspired ripple!

32. profile image58
    tinkerbell09posted 14 years ago

Awesome, awsome, awsome.  What else should I say.  That almost makes me happy to go clean toilets. (I'm a custodian on my lunch break.)

Thanks for sharing with us.

Tinkerbell, if this video made you feel happy enough to go clean toilets, you just made me so happy I posted this thread. Thank you, thank you. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)