Obama says police were 'stupid' to arrest black professor Henry Louis

Jump to Last Post 51-72 of 72 discussions (413 posts)
  1. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Hi Lita,
    There is a separate forum thread on his resignation. Of course, it's all the usual suspects over there boasting and gloating and comparing their favorite Van Jones" quotes.

He was caught off-mike saying nasty (but true) things about Republicans. Plus his support of 9/11 conspiracy theory.
    Sounds like the White House isn't jumping to his support. RWers are having a field day...

2. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

He said the government was behind 9/11, but a few politicians also said that Roosevelt was behind Pearl Harbor back in World War II.  Not a smart move, but is he the only one to say something that foolish?

1. blue dog profile image60
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, it's not a smart move from a career point of view, certainly.  one must admire his courage. still,  the question remains, when will enough people grow a spine strong enough to help them stand on their own two feet and then challenge the "official" 9/11 story?  hey, i didn't bring up 9/11, but am more than happy to venture into the arena.

1. SweetiePie profile image84
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do not believe the US government is behind 9/11, but you are free to share why you feel it might be.

have you read crossing the rubicon?  if so, tell me what you think about it.

I have not read crossing the rubicon, but I will tell you why I do not think 9/11 was an inside job.  Islamic terrorists do like to blow up buildings and the like, so I definitely believe Bin Ladin was behind 9/11.  It has not happened again because of heightened security, but you are welcome to have a different opinion.

i do.  however, i must tell you that i had a different opinion on the day of the attacks, and as the news reports began conflicting themselves, by the hour, it only confirmed that belief.  then, of course, ruppert's book came out and pretty much sealed the deal.  you should read it, sweetie pie.  it's a very thorough account of why we are where we are today.  it will open your eyes and give you even more information to battle these bumpkins here on hp.

it's getting way to late for me now, let's chat tomorrow.  hold dow the fort tonite while i get some sleep.

3. SweetiePie profile image84

Oh since they are all praising Glen Beck again, I just had to share another video about Glenn thinks the Rockerfeller center is fascist and communist.  If you think Glenn Beck is factual investigator, then watch this.  I would say he is not:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/msn … 130288.asp

4. jiberish profile image79
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

Are you people Crazy to think the President would blow up his own country and let over 3000 ppl die? God help you all.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Begin to run !! big_smile

2. egiv profile image61
      egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am crazy enough to believe that the President would invade a country for made-up reasons and let over 150,000 (almost 5,000 coalition) people die. God help us all.

Unfortunately, ! sad

U.S.A. agenda have South America as a target in the near future. The Land of Water. Future gold

2. nicomp profile image61
        nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Made up? The thousands of Kurds who were gassed would probably disagree with you.

1. egiv profile image61
          egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah, it was for the Kurds? Or for 9/11? Wait, no, that was other bad guys. WMDs? Hmm... Ah wait! They have written books on this, and proven Bush's reasons (which did not include the Kurds, they have my sympathy though) non-existent or made up. Try Fiasco, Thomas Ricks.

5. blue dog profile image60
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

actually, jiberish, here's some info directly related to the book's info:
    :
    http://www.aztlan.net/du_deformed_iraqi_babies.htm

and it's probably a safe bet to say the former vice president has a good handle on what's going on. 

there's also more info available if the above link doesn't make your sunday morning a happy one.  rest easy.

6. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

The conspiracy nuts never miss a chance to repeat their nonsense.

deformed iraqui babies is not conspiracy nonsense , I think. Maybe you do ? yikes

2. blue dog profile image60

you are, for once, correct:  3,274 posts of utter nonsense.  it's amazing that you and your alter egos are allowed to exist on this site.  soon, after the likes of you and  a texan (with a little t) along with his PAL dean have been allowed to drag this site so far down in to the gutter that it never recovers, you'll fortunately be forced to take your level of intelligence to another site where you'll be allowed to repeat the same nonsense again.  social discourse should require a certain amount of information to be brought to the discussion.  your 3,274 posts obviously prove that belief to be a fallacy.

We really just have to ignore him.  He goes in a tizzy when people do not agree with him 100% of the time.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
          Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, let's not pick on the fuzzy little butt sniffer!

Actually I could care less if people do.  Last night I was encouraged to ignore him cold turkey, but he is allowed to run around and be abusive.  I am sick of his behavior!

2. tksensei profile image61
          tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah yes, the "tizzy" of correcting your errors.

...and not even a 'thank you' for my trouble...

TK, if you noticed blue dog and I do not agree on 9/11.  However, unlike you I respect his opinion.  I believe the Iraq War was was unjustified, and where I do agree with him is that Cheney had a great deal of personal interest behind it.  Your arguments have no factual basis, you just like to stir the pot.

1. tksensei profile image61

Great. Who asked you?

Stop picking on people with different political opinions than yourself.  If you think his idea is so wrong demonstrate why.

In your mind, is there any connection between the topics from which you seem to randomly jump?

actually, we've all just decided to enter the official "tk's posts of random thoughtlessness" challenge.  you win.

2. jiberish profile image79
              jiberishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Iraq war was unjustified, then what is Obama's War?  Justified? He has no intention of bringing home the troops, Oh yeah I forgot, It's Obama, so it's ok.

1. profile image0
                A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jiberish don't waste your breath looking for normal thought process from these clowns. It wont matter that Clinton Gore Reid Pelosi H.Clinton all said he had WMD's and there was no doubt,they think Bush made up the intelligence even before he was President, Stupid is a full time job!

I question some of Obama's policies, and I would like him to pull out the troops.  However, Afghanistan is viewed as a true threat, and we are focusing more on that conflict.  It is hard to just pull out of Iraq now that we are mired there, so think about it.  The reason I am happy with most of his policies is because overall he is doing a good job.  I question many more of Bush's policies because he is the one that got us involved in Iraq in the first place, and we had not true justification to be there.  Maybe if you try to distinguish and not assume people agree with every single policy.  What this comes down to is the anger over McCain not in office, and I am sure if he was in power you would be telling me to agree with him more.

1. jiberish profile image79

I'm sure you know my thoughts on McCain, since you seem to know how everyone should think. Funny how when there is a question disagreeing with Obama, it suddenly reverts back to Bush.  Get a Clue Bush is no longer president! Everything now is Obama's pie, and unfortunatly there is not one thing I can agree on his policies.  He is not doing a good job, and he is not the president for the people.

an interesting recipe.  cheney and shrub get to mix the ingredients, then it gets to be called obama's pie...

See those are your opinions.  Yes I will bring up Bush again and again because our economy and foreign policy has many things to fix because of his administration.  I know Obama is a good president for this country, and I think you feel his policies are not good for you.  Wow, encouraging kids to stay in school and making health care more affordable is so horrible.  Admitting to our allies that sometimes we make mistakes is so horrible.  Obama has quite a bit of clean-up to do after Bush, and this will always be pertinent!

And logic takes another savage beating...

Tk, there is no logic.  I did not agree with everything Bush did, I don't agree with everything Palin says, and I had my issues with McCain, however I am bold enough to admit them.  There hasn't been one post from the other side that disagrees with anything Obama has done, it's has to be sheer blindness.

"alter egos"???

Hitting the weed a little early today, champ?

3. tksensei profile image61

Oh, it's "dragging down" the site to have people who don't agree with your drug-addled musings and dare to question any liberal views? Too damn bad, Cheech.

"intelligence" .... lol

4. profile image0

Blue Duck is whining again, the only people bringing this site down are the ones who continue to stifle free speech and claim victim status because someone dare disagree with your absurd allegations that Bush blew up the WTC! Then you claim Van Jones is so brave to resign, here is a clue Obama FIRED him because he is a political liability! And who cares how many posts someone has on these forums? Isn't posting the point? Now go and report me to Hubpages like the worm you are!

7. tksensei profile image61

Someone wrote a book?! OMG!!!! That settles it then!

8. egiv profile image61
    egivposted 14 years ago

I know it's a foreign concept to you: they're pretty cool, instead of one screen with flashing bright lights, there are lots of pages with WORDS! Try it sometime, it's fantastic.

God, I'm out; we all need to get lives.

9. tksensei profile image61

And could we dispense with the "stop picking on me!" routine? Say what you want to say and respond to what you want to respond, or not. The incessant whining is pointless.

10. SweetiePie profile image84

Yikes, you two just like to stir the pot.  In reality the successor does have to clean up the messes of the former president.  Also, many people had it out for Obama from the start, so now they are picking at anything he does.  The school speech was a ridiculous example as the original lesson plan was cheesy, but not indoctrination.  It was not even mandatory, but heaven forbid we stop to look at the facts.  I actually hope many teachers do allow their kids to listen to Obama's speech because that is what America is about, presenting all sides and allowing people to decide for themselves.  The PR campaigns against Obama are just getting more nasty than the ones against Clinton.  I did not agree when people said Bush should go to jail for war crimes, and other nonsense by the way.  He was our president and made bad foreign policy choices that I did not agree with.  I do not stoop to the level of calling names as is with popular with so many conservatives here on the forum.

I believe this does not apply to me, since not once have I called you a name.  There is nothing wrong in my opinion with speeking to the children, it's the questions he was asking them like 'what can you do to help your president' that is alarming.  Will our children then be coached into reporting their parents if they are against Obama?

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whos doing that to you? I'll drop kick them off the planet!Bye! Its time for church! God Bless you all and thanks for the fun!

ah, the sunday morning drop kick church of hypocrisy.

1. profile image0

It starts at 1300 blue butt, you can try to use my religion as a basis for your arguement but, "Homey don't play that!"

11. SweetiePie profile image84

If you talked to people in the UK and France you would discover they are happy with their health care for the most part.  Their systems will continue to operate, and money is a man made invention anyway.  No one person on earth seems to be able to figure out how to handle it better than the other.

I'm sorry, I guess the 15 e-mails from friends and family in Europe should be discarded, and the hundreds of letters from doctors should be swept under the rug. Maybe we should just stick our heads in the sand.

roll

1. profile image0

They usually leave if they don't have a bunch of people saying the same stupid things. Jiberish there is no reason to be kind with them call it as you see it!

There was a very vocal campaign by UK twitters in favor of the NHS.  London Girl has written several balanced hubs on the subject, which I suggest to everyone.  Health care is not as monstrous in Europe as people have made it out to be.

1. profile image0

Europeans are as monstrous as we thought they were.

2. profile image0

I know lets do away with money! We can all have a number assigned to us for our goods and services and those who don't choose to cooperate don't get food and services. What do you think? Good idea?

1. nicomp profile image61

Isn't there already a name for that system?

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, Gee!  Maybe if we polarize the issue and talk like this, it will make rational discourse go away.  Ya think, ya think?  Maybe somebody will read this and think we're clever (then again, maybe not).

You know guys, I believe it is very entertaining to come back to see SP kick your butts verbally all over the thread while you continue to emit these brilliant (not) stereotypical 'witticisms.'  Luckily, you don't use your names or actual pictures, so you can continue to hide from your ignominy.

Yeah, that's exactly what's happening. BlueDud loan you some of his pot?

1. profile image0

Scourge of the forum.  Egiv had you down with only 3 weeks here.

Ooops, you forgot to add something about how wonderful you are.

Are you jealous because Lita did not compliment you?

Devastated.

2. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, SP is using her name, no doubt lol

And spare me please about her or smbdy else kicking smbdy's butt. Looking from a shoulder, the level of this "discussion" (as well as the neighbor thread) is pretty much the same on both sides, nobody can even lift their foot from the ground, let alone hitting a target. lol

1. profile image0

I completely disagree, sir.  My analysis is completely different.  I'd stake my job or experience or something like that on it, but don't want to make you feel bad.  wink  Can't have that, can we?

But you are right.  No changing 'minds' here.  Besides, I DO realize what this is for the one side involved, wink.  Still, SP's rationality is there for others who maybe want to read through the thread.

At least I use my real picture, and I do use my real name on the LA examiner.  You do not read much of what I write, so how would you know.  Also, if you think their hiding behind pictures and calling people names is cool, well I already know I am not one of your favorites.....

3. profile image0

Bite me! Goatboy!

3. profile image0

Queen Lolita speaks,"I only have one thing to say to you peasants. I got my nose caught on the ceiling fan and I still don't like you."

12. tksensei profile image61

Thanks for the kind words about Wolfgang though.

13. jiberish profile image79

I may not be as intellectually savvy as other's in here, my problem is that I read and search, and can usally back up everything I say.  Here are some facts on Health Care from other countries:

In a letter to The Daily Telegraph, a group of experts who care for the terminally ill claim that some patients are being wrongly judged as close to death.

Under NHS guidance introduced across England to help doctors and medical staff deal with dying patients, they can then have fluid and drugs withdrawn and many are put on continuous sedation until they pass away.

Claire Rayner, President of the Patients Association and a former nurse, said:“For far too long now, the Patients Association has been receiving calls on our helpline from people wanting to talk about the dreadful, neglectful, demeaning, painful and sometimes downright cruel treatment their elderly relatives had experienced at the hands of NHS nurses. I am sickened by what has happened to some part of my profession of which I was so proud

Tiel says the cost of France's socialized health care is growing faster than its economy. Workers pay about fifty percent of their paycheck each month into healthcare, retirement and unemployment and more companies are outsourcing jobs to avoid those costs. Quality of care also suffers in France, says Teil, because hospitals and doctors resist government requirements to report their success and failures

WSJ
    In recent months, France imposed American-style "co-pays" on patients to try to throttle back prescription-drug costs and forced state hospitals to crack down on expenses. "A hospital doesn't need to be money-losing to provide good-quality treatment," President Nicolas Sarkozy thundered in a recent speech to doctors.
    And service cuts -- such as the closure of a maternity ward near Ms. Cuccarolo's home -- are prompting complaints from patients, doctors and nurses that care is being rationed. That concern echos worries among some Americans that the U.S. changes could lead to rationing
    Read for yourself Then come back with an educated rebutal:

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/ … els-in-uk/

14. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Sigh.  OK, I'm not going to go into a long rebuttal, because perhaps as you know, there is information opposing these points of negativity (and they are points, and somewhat anectdotal as well.)  Of course we are talking about a large system here, and with any large system (be it a private corporation or otherwise) there are problem areas that need to be addressed.  I think we can all agree on that, yes?

Additionally, others have said it better than I can.  LondonGirl has written excellent hubs on the NHS system.  So you can read those.

Thirdly, the information on how doctors deal with the terminally ill is actually pretty much the same, it seems to me, from reading this information.  I've had the displeasure to have a few people die around me within recent months, and I can tell you that all of them were heavily sedated with morphine during their last days.  That's here in America with private insurance.  And it is more about easing the patient's pain and being humane than anything else.

Fear is a powerful weapon, and it turns rational people into crazies.  Change is scary for some...but all of this is especially ridiculous when you realize for most people who have private insurance and are happy with it, the coverage will change very, very little under Obama's plan.

You hope.

Can you be any more condescending?

I'm not scared, just informed.

If you think you know how much or how little private insurance will change under BHO's socialized medicine, then I look forward to your hubs on the subject of clairvoyance. There is no such thing as "Obama's Plan", rather there are competing plans in both houses of congress. Two of the bills are still in committee; no one has any idea what the final product might be.

Here's BHO on both sides of the single-payer fence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST84DJMD_eM

Who you gonna believe?

1. profile image0

I am beginning not to even read your posts, Nicomp.  Sorry.  Gotta go.

My pesky facts are a thorn in your side.

Please go. Your obfuscations and condescension detract from the dialog.

15. jiberish profile image79

Lita:
    "Fear is a powerful weapon, and it turns rational people into crazies.  Change is scary for some...but all of this is especially ridiculous when you realize for most people who have private insurance and are happy with it, the coverage will change very, very little under Obama's plan."

Please tell me you actually read the bill, or do I have to cut & paste some more?

1. profile image0

I will only say that I don't live life in that much fear.  Nor can a rational person be expected to read a 1,000 page document...most people know this.  I went into this on another forum thread (before I was lambasted by more of the 'contingent').  Manuals are important for the fact that they pertain to certain circumstances and certain people at certain times.  Executive summaries are written for ease of understanding (and in my job, I have been known to produce those off actual legal documents for public consumption and ease of understanding).

If you want to believe in "death panels," etc., you have the right to do so, but this moves this discussion, as far as I am concerned, into illogical discourse...I do not have the time or inclination.  Period.

Appreciate your initial post, but this is now devolving.  I literally have to go do my laundry.  Please see LondonGirl's hubs.  Best words I can actually say here.

Good for you. Admit you don't know the facts. I respect your honesty.

When do you plan to get to the ease of understanding part? All I've seen so far is condescending pablum.

You have plenty of time. Your strategy is to tell us you're too busy, then lurk. You're in a rut. smile

You'll be back.

WTF?! I hope they lead you to a nice pasture.

Amen. Mooooo!!!!

Those reasonable people are elected official getting paid with our money, Their JOB is to read the darn bills. What the heck else do they have to do?

i believe she was referring to herself when she used the term "reasonable'.  nowhere do i interpret her comment as a reference to an "elected official getting paid with our money" as being reasonable.

Well, I'm sorry, in which case it would make perfect sense for anyone interested to read it anyway.

Facts don't dovetail with Liberal platitudes. She won't read it.

3. profile image0

"Nor can a rational person be expected to read a 1,000 page document...most people know this."

Translation I attempted to read it but couldn't understand the thing! Rational people would read the thing before arguing in favor of it and they certainly should read something they will vote on! But since nobody read the stimulus bill and voted on it then why expect the Democrats to act rationally!

1. profile image0
          Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hee hee

Guess it's much easier to read 1000 forum post, than to actually read something that will change the face of Health Care.

16. profile image0

OOOOOOOhhh Wow!  You guys are really going now!  I'm so impressed.  Not.

Yeah, Nicomp....since you seem so interested in these things:  I literally am going to do some laundry and clean the bathroom.  You want to know what soap I use?

Maybe we should just stay online all the time at your leisure talking around your irrationalities?  I know you'd like that, but it doesn't change your nastiness or irrationality, I'm afraid.

And you all are the ones about ready for pasture, and I'm aware of it, wink.

I knew you'd back. Would you care to address my facts:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFk34blB1iA

somehow i missed where conservative new media presented anything resembling "facts" in that clip.  could you be a bit more specific please?  that's if you want your ranting to bear any credence.

Rant? Ow!

OK, you'll notice, if you wade through the hyperbole in the clip, that BHO is on both sides of the fence on the single-payer issue. That is, sometimes he 'promises' that we'll all have a choice, and when our collective back is turned he tells a partisan gathering that he favors single payer.

It's all in there. Just sit through the over-production at the beginning.

Who you gonna believe?

1. profile image0

He waffles depending on who he's talking to so he can "convince" them to think his plan is actually a viable option.

Yep.

Keep repeating it, please.

I just want one BHO Progressive/Liberal/Democrat to explain the dichotomy.

1. profile image0

Is that a joke? They live for that dichotomy, when it's useful to their arguments . . .

Liberals are gritting their teeth... want to respond... can't resist...

"must ... con...de...scend..."

"must ... obfuscate..."

Laundry calls!

Do you see my point now?

Ah, the classic "I'm rubber and you're glue" technique! Brilliant. You must be sooooo educated.

17. profile image0

Congrats, guys.  You crazies and your 'witty' (I guess) posts now rule the forums.  It's wonderful.  I suppose you can 'rule' nowhere else, so that might explain things...it certainly does to me.

Nicomp...would you like my boyfriend to give you a call on the kind of soap we use?  Just to substantiate things?  I know how important that is to these round about 'arguments' (if you can call them that).  But, in case you would like to take my word for it, we use Purex (like to save money) for laundry.  I did a load of darks...mostly slacks and other clothes for work.  In the bathroom, I went ahead and put Ajax in the tub shower.  We really don't have the nicest bathroom; we are still in the process of renovating this house.

Grit our teeth that we have to deal with you irrationals at all.  It's sometimes fun pointing your silliness out, though....sometimes.  Though I for one WOULD prefer (no way around being condescending, sorry) talking to someone with an actual argument.

Are you afraid he doesn't believe the soap, or the boyfriend? Or is there another insecurity at play?

Don't get caught up in her inability to support her points. Let her write about laundry if she prefers.

I'm leaving now. I promise. Not a Liberal/Progressive/Democrat promise, a real promise.

She's baaaaaak! and she still refuses to address my video. Oh well. Obfuscation rules!

18. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

I tried to point out that there was an alternative bill that was in plain english that was only 63 pages long but all I got was that it couldn't be worth anything if it was only that long.

The Declaration of Independence is only 1 page long . . .

1. profile image0

The Declaration of Independence? How dare you bring that into this conversation! Next I guess you will expect the libs to appreciate and live by the Constitution! Shameful,just shameful!

The Constitution?  You mean the one all those old people wrote so many years ago?.....Rubbish!

1. profile image0

Yeah, what did those guys know?

19. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I love giberish. Such wit and beauty ! smile

1. profile image0

She spells her name with a 'J' - jiberish.

You too madame X . Nice to meet you !

Tantrum you can call me whatever you want, with a mysterious eye like yours. smile

thank you , Jiberish ! Someone said  in another thread
        Nothing is more dangerous than ignorance in action.- Goethe  big_smile

20. tantrum profile image60

@ jiberish
    Take care with ignorance in action. Lots around here lol

21. profile image0

It's too cute when a product of European socialism and our own born-in-the-USA crazies all gang up and misuse Goethe.  Too cute indeed.

22. tantrum profile image60

At least Goethe stopped the fight for 5 minutes ! lol

However; unlike Wolfgang, I'm not going to shoot my hero to save myself.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)