Which is the best place to visit in your country?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (62 posts)
  1. XTASIS profile image60
    XTASISposted 14 years ago

I'm from Peru and the best places there are Machu Pichu and the Nazca Lines

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been in Machu Pichu and it's great ! smile

2. carenmorgan9 profile image60
      carenmorgan9posted 14 years agoin reply to this

In San Diego Come for an adventure of a lifetime at the San Diego zoo.

2. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Buckingham palace or anywhere in devon.

There are a lot of incredible places in the UK. I like Bath, Salsbury and Chester among others. In London, Chelsea ,Notting Hill, Regents Park, so many places !!

1. wrenfrost56 profile image56
        wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree they are also great places to visit. There are also some great old beautiful buidings. Oxford, cambridge and Avon are worth visiting too.

Yes! I could be all day long naming beautiful places in the U.K smile

3. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I'm From New Zealand... Nearly everywhere is great here (scenic-wise) but our main cities: Auckland - Wellington - Christchurch are pretty good.  Peru sounds great.

1. dohn121 profile image80
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Question for you, did the popularity of the LOTR movies help or hinder New Zealand in the way of tourism?  Just curious.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Boosted our tourism as they showed the beauty of the country. But most of all they showed the movie talents, scenary and FX resources that we have.  Many more movies have made NZ their preferred location as a result.

You are from Laos - land of temples.. fantastic

1. dohn121 profile image80
          dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Pearldiver.  I really want to go there soon. Yes, Laos is definitely the land of temples.  Luang Prabang alone, at last count has 30.  My father built one in Pakse not too long ago (That was where he grew up).  He also took a seed from the sacred Bodhi tree in India and planted it there in front of the temple.  It's over seven feet tall now.

4. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Luang Prabang, Laos.  It was rated the #1 travel destination in 2008 by the New York Times.  I wrote a hub about it.smile

XTASISposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll go and read your hub. I'm planning a trip to Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Viet-Nam

5. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

New Zealand is the youngest country on earth and their are still places inaccessable by road...

Untouched and Pristine.

So many coastal areas, rugged ,wild and picturesque! ,from majestic snow-capped mountains to trout filled rivers,I love it all...

note: Currency rate certainly favours the tourists ,so what are you waiting for smile!!

http://www.terabyte.co.nz/media/1754/cial_1.jpg

See Ya when Ya Get There !!

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean?

6. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I often remember my experiences in other countries a lot more.

But if you are coming to the UK, I would fully recommend spending a few days experiencing North Yorkshire...... The North Yorks Moors National Park, Thirsk, Whitby, York and the lovely little villages that surround that area....

There are still so many places in my own country that I havent explored, North Yorkshire is new to me.... but its great.

Im not one for London to be honest, I dont think that there is too much traditional British culture to be seen there anymore, and Bucks Palace was a complete let down for me...... I've seen bigger and better stately homes.

7. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

I would say - Amanpulo in Palawan, Philippines. Or Davao City's many tourist sites. Or Boracay smile

8. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm from the UK. My pick would be Yorkshire. Gods County. A beautiful part of the world.

As I now live in Portugal, I'm going with Lisbon. So much to do here and the culture and architecture is wonderful.

My faourite two places in the city itself are the Jardim Zoológico - I can't stay away from the dolpins - and Parque Das Nacões because the whole area is just stunning, as well as packed with things to do and see.

9. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 14 years ago

LOL My house of course - I have the hot tub, the barbeque and the Guinness - what else could you want!

Being serious - two answers:

USA - Grand Canyon
    Wales - Brecon Beacons

I moved from the UK to the US.

There are so many places in both countries though  -  I like beauty and both have their own kind of beauty - very serene.

10. Ladybird33 profile image68
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

In the US, I would say the following;

La Jolla, CA - beautiful sandy beaches, plus, watching the seals are fantistic.

New York, Manhattan - the experience is crazy, so busy, fast and exciting.

Key West, FL - just a different, relaxing lifestyle, awesome place to visit.

So many other wonderful places, but I will give you by top three.

1. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG! La Jolla is one of my fav places on earth (right behind Monterey and Carmel, that is). Screw Key West though. Head on over to Sanibel Island in Florida. Key West is WAAAAY too touristy for me.

My top votes, however, for someone just visiting the US for the first time would have to be NYC (just because it's NYC), Washington DC and either San Francisco or Bend, Oregon. If someone was coming here for their second or third visit, my list would be very, very different.

11. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

Come visit Lisbon in Portugal! Our capital has great traditions.

From the oldest Baixa-Chiado area, to the new area of Oriente, by the river, you won't regret the Portuguese experience.

Of course, if you favor the beach, getting drunk and laid visit Algarve wink

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of my best friends has met a girl from Lisbon and just spent a few weeks there to meet her parents.... he said that he had a really good time.

1. beautyrose profile image60
        beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh hope you meet your other half there too.

oh can you look at the camera in front so we could see you face lols

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that I have probably been with 'the one' for 3 years already, so she would have to come with me big_smile

ok good luck then

12. Pearldiver profile image68

POSTCARDS From Home EK? lol

That's the view from my front door... If I look past Bumble Town lol

And........ The Whitebait are running hahaha envious?
    (got some great pics in my next BT Hub)

I'd like to visit a lot but my money won't allow me huhu so I just sit and chat here .

13. profile image50
    velasheaposted 14 years ago

One of the best places to perch in the world is on this bench by the Palace Legion of Honor that's on a cliff that overlooks the entire span of the Golden Gate Bridge....whether foggy (as it usually is in this fabulous city) or sunny pack a picnic basket with great bread from Acme or Le Boulangerie Bakery, Humboldt Fog cheese from Cow Girl Creamery and a great bottle of Pinot Noir...this is how we San Franciscans make time to enjoy our city!!!!

14. goodfriendiam profile image61
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

I like my own home state PA, and any that has mountains, streams, woods, prairies, and old architect. I love the story's they hold. The beach for me is nice, if it is an out of the way beach and not down town like Ft. Lauderdale FL. To crowded for me. Though in my younger days, it was quite fun, to run around in my bikini drinking margaritas...lol

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I liked PA and the Smithsonian in Washington, Gettysburg, Hershey & lincoln county.. got to meet oamish farmers.... And run around in my bikini drinking margaritas at the same time lol

Interesting! A peardiver in a bikini drinking with friendly Amish. Wow ! lol

2. goodfriendiam profile image61
        goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah and the Amish I bet really thought the world was coming to end after seeing you run around in your bikini, drinking margaritas!.....lol big_smile

15. marcofratelli profile image79
    marcofratelliposted 14 years ago

I'm in Perth, Australia and the best place to visit is my house smile I'm the best Perth has to offer (unfortunately) LOL

1. goodfriendiam profile image61

I loved Perth, well actually it was Freemantle I was in, but I really thought it was beautiful over there smile

1. marcofratelli profile image79
        marcofratelliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I think it's an awesome place actually. Wouldn't live anywhere else. smile

2. XTASIS profile image60

lolI am going then. I have to see that !

1. marcofratelli profile image79
        marcofratelliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!

3. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I go I will visit , thank you for the invite. big_smile

16. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Natural Bridge State Park, Kentucy

17. Pearldiver profile image68

Well they sure as hell didn't know where NZ was and told me "thank you for the gift... but we have no use for a lightbulb" lol

1. goodfriendiam profile image61

LOL big_smile

18. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

There is another thread exactly like this one, I live in the U.S. so we havemany wonderful places to visit. smile

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here, there are too many very nice places to visit in the US.
      I'm from Chicago so when I travel, I like smaller more quaint towns. 

My top choices include:
      1. Charleston, SC (3 times a year)
      2. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN (once a year)
      3. Laguna Beach, CA (once every few years)
      4. New Orleans, LA (once a year to visit the family tomb and French Quarter)
      5. Orlando, FL (usually in Oct. when its cooler out)

Next on the list is Astoria, OR (where they filmed the Goonies)

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great choices!!! Astoria is beautiful smile

19. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Anyway, I gotta go with Alaska.

20. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Umm, my country has too many good places to list here I guess. try to start with Moscow. smile

21. Yangtze profile image59
    Yangtzeposted 14 years ago

I am from China.There is so much to see in China,so there isn't a best but many marvelous travel destinations in my country.For exemple,Beijing,Shanghai,Xi'an, Yangtze Cruise and so on...

22. tksensei profile image60

I would encourage visits to Xi'an.

23. easy1 profile image61
    easy1posted 14 years ago

I am currently living in Ireland and the best place for me is West Cork. A Wild coastline with beautiful beaches and colourful little villages.Take Jermy Irons word for it.

24. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Nigeria's got numerous beautiful landscapes of divine picturesque, so its impossible to say. However, one of my favorite places would be the Obudu Cattle Ranch in Cross River State. Its a village ranch mass covered with sheer green rolling lands and hills. Its got evergreen forests, waterfalls, and wildlife, including mean ol' gorillas. Its a wonder! Love to chill out there whenever I can.

25. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Hot Water Beach -New Zealand , true hot water springs run alongside the Pacific Ocean!

http://www.pacificharbour.co.nz/images/other/hotwater%20beach%20(3).JPG

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

sounds nice...when is the party?

26. Gretchel85 profile image61
    Gretchel85posted 14 years ago

Definitly the most popular in the US is Disney World in Orlando, Florida.  Some would consider the National Parks some of the best places to visit or the California coast.  All depends on what type of travel you enjoy the most.

27. tksensei profile image60
  28. druk_tshering profile image58
    druk_tsheringposted 14 years ago

I am from Bhutan, a tiny Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan.Famous as the last Sanghri la (literally translated as Utopian paradise) on earth, the tiny Bhutan Kingdom offers a lot to the tourists. From snow-capped mountain peaks to historical relics, large number of tourist attractions bedeck the marvellous landscape of Bhutan. With its tourism industry constantly developing, Bhutan is slowly putting itself as a great tourist destination to explore. The fact that Bhutan has mysteries associated to its unexplored landscape makes it more lucrative for the tourists.For more information visit  http://www.medievalbhutan.com

29. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Almost anywhere in Australia is good. We have lots of space, beaches, deserts with spectacular landscapes and friendly people.
    Our tourist information is in many languages and we love visitors!

30. mathan42 profile image67
    mathan42posted 14 years ago

i am from INDIA and the favorite destination spots are kerala,agra,tamilnadu,kashmir.........more to say about the beautiful places in my nation!!!!!!!!!If time persists have a glimpse at them!!!

31. Rynaldos profile image63
    Rynaldosposted 14 years ago

VISIT Cape Town, South Africa !! Table Mountain, Mountain Ranges, Wine, Beaches and Nightlife ! The best in the World !

32. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Any of the coastal villages on the Northern California and Oregon Pacific Coast.  You can relax and see some unspoiled beaches and redwoods and awesome ocean.

33. LRobbins profile image45
    LRobbinsposted 14 years ago

I'm from Canada so I'd have to say the Rocky Mountains, they are breath taking.

34. tksensei profile image60

I never thought that 'breath taking' sounded like much of a compliment. Canada is certainly a beautiful country though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)