Where else do you write?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (42 posts)
  1. N. Ramius profile image74
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

I only write at HubPages right now, but was wondering for those who do write for multiple sites which would be a good secondary or tertiary article submission site.

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

WoodPress with my friend, he own the site...

3. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I do most of my online publishing here, but if I have something extra to publish on the same topic I'll consider Squidoo, AssociatedContent, Gather, Knol, Blogspot, Ezinearticles or Bukisa.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow darkside you just hit 98, hehehe 100 is well deserving of you though...
      Mind if I'll ask are these blog site profitable ha darkside...
      Squidoo, AssociatedContent, Gather, Knol, Blogspot, Ezinearticles or Bukisa

1. darkside profile image63
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mind you, some of these, and others not mentioned, I just use so I can publish and get a backlink whether it be for SEO purproses or to dip into a fresh stream of traffic. But here's my opinion/experience on profitability (results vary for different people depending on their quality, niche and effort.

Squidoo... it can be, depending how involved you want to be in the community. Lensrank works differently than HubScore, it does effect your Adsense earning. I've been there for a while so I've seen a marked drop.

AssociatedContent... it could be. I don't push hard. I've only published a handful of articles.

Gather... it's a very nice atmosphere there. They payout in gift vouchers. Though Paypal is one of the vouchers you can redeem. But only if you're in the US. I accrue points on a daily basis, not having published for weeks and weeks. I have a dear friend in the U.S. that gets a surprise in the form of a Home Depot gift voucher every now and then.

Knol... for something made by Google you'd think it would be more success. But no.

Blogspot... I have little traffic there. Almost zero earnings. But I like how I've used the blog.

Bukisa... a few articles, zero earnings. Haven't been back there for a while though.

Ezinearticles... you can't earn money with Ezinearticles, but you can get a lot of traffic. You can't link from within the article but you can add a custom sig for each article (so just use that to conclude the article and have a link to a related article somewhere else. But avoid 'read more').

1. LRobbins profile image45
          LRobbinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great advice, thanks!  I've just started a blog on blogger but it's too soon to tell what the traffic is like (it's less than a week old)

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

I knew I can count on you, in fact you are one of my favorite Hubber... you are an asset here and I'm tipping my hat on you for always helping your fellow Hubbers like me...

3. Carmen Borthwick profile image59
          Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  4. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 14 years ago

I write on the IWW Workshop. Its fun, inspiring and tunes the skills.

Writing on the Hubpages was a new experience for me - seeing how my work looked in a different format. Have revised the story on my first page about 100 times since posting - I realised how ameteur it looked ...

5. Hope Wilbanks profile image66
    Hope Wilbanksposted 14 years ago

I have two websites that I created with WordPress. I write articles on there for myself. I also write and submit to article directories like EzineArticles to help drive more traffic to those websites, too. I would classify my writing now as very relaxed and not on any kind of a stringent schedule. I used to freelance and burned myself out, so when I quit I decided I would only write what I enjoyed writing about and when I had something to say, instead of churning out article after article "just because." It works for me.

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I also write on wordpress, more creative writing than article type writing. I plan to change the format to make it more like a blogging site. I have no ads there, but use it as a source to backlink my hubs. I may start using ads when I change it.

7. RGraf profile image88
    RGrafposted 14 years ago

I write for Blogspot, Wordpress and just started with BellaOnline.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

It's all posted on my profile smile

so it is okay to promote your blogs in other site here using your profile info ha Ma'm...

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is...

hehehe okies one thing more Ma'm

hehehe how about promoting your blogs in an individual hubs hehehe is it okay to do that... I'm currently helping my friend with his website in Wordpress... and I want to help him too in getting some views by using inbound and outbound linking using my hubs with our blogs...

9. Sexy jonty profile image58
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

blogger

10. ivori profile image72
    ivoriposted 14 years ago

Associated Content pays writers, but don't expect to get rich! But, it's something.

Another place to publish is Article Dashboard (no money, but good exposure).  Ezine Articles is the number one article directory (from what I hear), again no money, but good exposure.

If you're looking for backlinks, Free Traffic System is a good place.

Wow another great tips here hehehe... Im learning something worthwhile in this thread...

11. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

I still have a soft spot for hubpages but most of my writing is on my own sites these days (links on my profile too!). I have around 70 of my own sites. Not all of which get regularly updated obviously LOL - though I have started to outsource more and more.

I am amazed at hte effectiveness of ezinearticles for promoting hubs and other sites - they are toughening up their rules - probably to be stay on the good side of Google.

12. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 14 years ago

I write in (other than Hubpages) at

Helium
    Associated Content
    Howtodothings
    Suite101 &
    BrightHub

I am writing in websites for the past 2 years.

I have more than 370 articles at Helium where I am a 5 star writer. My earnings have crossed $1000 there. My current page-view earning there has just crossed $25 per month which is not too great to boast about. I have sold a couple of marketplace articles there and won 2nd place in a contest (these fetch more dollars).

Howtodothings site shares 50% of google adsense revenue. This site has been quite good to me. My 29 articles have so far earned more than $370 there. I am not adding more there right now as I want to see how I fare in Hubpages. (So far, with 25 articles here at Hubpages, my earnings are least impressive sad )

Suite101: I have some 25 articles there. Earnings? Not too impressive (some $30+ dollars so far). But there are people who seem to earn very well in that site. That sites demands lots of discipline in writing and you have to consistently post articles there to remain a member. I have slackened my efforts on that site now.

At Brighthub, I write articles only on my core line (Mechanical Engineering). Each article fetches $10 there. I hardly write a couple of article a month there. (Too lazy, I am!).

At AC, I post my Helium articles there (with some minor re-editing). Some 85 such (duplicated) articles are there. Earnings? Some $45+ so far.

I am happy working with Hubpages currently. Earnings? -- perhaps I have to wait and see.

I normally write what I like without breaking my head too much on SEO, high paying keywords, back linking, social book marking etc. Perhaps, If I do all those more systematically, I might earn better. Again I am somewhat too lazy!

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sure HubPages won't let you down in terms of earnings. smile

1. C.V.Rajan profile image59
        C.V.Rajanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am seeing gradual increase in traffic, but no gradual increase in ad clicks! What's your suggestion? How many hubs should I write to see some tangible returns?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
          Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't say how many hubs. My best performing hubs are the ones that have high quality and have a lot of advice for people. I would recommend you to write something that is full of advice for the people, well researched and others are able to learn new things from it.

13. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

InfoBarrel
    Ezine Articles
    Blogspot
    and a few sites of my own.

Hub Pages perform better than InfoBarrel though.smile

14. Sexy jonty profile image58

Wordpress ....

15. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Besides HP and my blogs/websites, I also write for the Examiner, Constant Content and Demand Studios. Oh, and I'm waiting to see whether I've been accepted as an Editor at Discovery Channel's HowStuffWorks. I should hear next week.

16. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

I started at Squidoo but don't like the business model.  I actually found HubPages within days of Squidoo, started here and loved the community and the atmosphere so this is my primary site.  I have seen traffic fall off, but it seems to be mainly HP traffic which was 35% of total last month vs the average 40% for the prior months.  Earnings are down in the past week, but were up for October compared to September.  I plan on doing more in terms of linking this month vs writing.  I need to work smarter and not just work.

I then started writing for eHow.  The traffic and earnings are down slightly, but article for article, is performing better than HP.  That may be because many of my early Hubs weren't well researched and I started writing at eHow 2 months after starting here.

I have made Xomba my third site and have written several articles there as well as have posted links to my Hubs.  It has been great for driving traffic.  Shoot me a message if you want to use my referral link (I would appreciate it).

Only a few articles on InfoBarrel and one on ezine articles.

17. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

OOps.  Forgot to mention that I have 2 blogs on blogger.  Eventually I hope to have my own site.  Hopefully, in the next several months.  I want to be like Lissie when I grow up.

18. C.V.Rajan profile image59

Thanks for the guidance, Ultimate.

19. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Hubpages (3 accounts)
    Constant Content
    Examiner
    Associated content ( i throw my drafts and garbage there)
    Around 12 blogs and frequently updated sites
    BrightHub
    Random freelance
    Infobarrel
    Demand Studios
    eHow

I have a purpose and a plan for all my content and have tested around enough to see what performs best at each place

I think Hubs is the best training ground and the rest all have their benefits..Im just starting to take advantage of  infobarrel it seems like a strong second to hubs and a good safety net in case hubs ever gets squidooed

20. Natural Medicine profile image60
    Natural Medicineposted 14 years ago

Wow, you guys are energetic! Thank you all very much for the information, I'm going to have to make a note-text doc and save your hard-earned findings.

Right at the moment I'm just starting here, but I have a blog & 3 websites, plus many squidoo pages.

21. Sexy jonty profile image58

triond ....

22. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Only hubpages for myself

23. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

InfoBarrel,Flixya,Bukisa,Blogspot

24. Brian Leighton profile image56
    Brian Leightonposted 14 years ago

I started to write for EzineArticles before HubPages about 2 weeks ago with the purpose in mind of helping to drive traffic to my website which is still WIP and the results so far are promising with visitors already arriving in small numbers (10/20 per day) from EzineArticles.

25. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I started with InfoBarrel too.

26. C.V.Rajan profile image59

I have mentioned about my writing in the site Howtodothings.com in one of the posts above, some 2/3 months back.

This site has now stopped paying 50% google adsense revenue with its members. They are doing it without any official announcement. This is a real bad news for those who have been writing and earning there.

I have posted a hub explaining about it. There is also another thread on this subject now.

CVR

27. DonnaCSmith profile image81
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

Hubpages and a couple of blogs are the only places I do "site writing." I do freelance and am a book author. I enjoy Hubpages very much, and have received a few checks. It started out as a way to recycle some old articles, but I soon started writing pieces just for Hubs.

I think I am addicted since I check in here first thing every morning!

28. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

I have been writing for quite some time. I had a couple of pages at Geocities, before Yahoo dumped it. My page involved travel to Midwest Amusement parks, and I also showcased my artwork, and photos. I had a huge page count there, somewhere around 168,000. Sure wish I could have brought them here!

I also had a mystery page at Geocities, that was just starting to get popular when yahoo pulled the plug. It had over 38,000
    page views in just a short time. The only problem with those two pages, is my email would be flooded with over 900 messages
    every day. I couldn't possibly read them all.

I also write adult content at another site. Which is up around
    20,000 views. But, I rarely do that anymore. I would rather do
    something that generates income. None of those big view sites
    ever generated a penny.

I currently have a little under 400 views, and earned 20 cents
    so far. but, I'm sure that will go up.

29. RachelGB profile image59
    RachelGBposted 14 years ago

In addition to writing here, I also write for eHow, InfoBarrel, ezinarticles (for promotional purposes), Xomba (on occasion), and for my own niche blogs.

Thanks for this thread! It is very useful!

30. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

I also write for Helium, Associated Content, and Epinions. I've been on Epinions the longest and have 499 reviews, but the earnings have never been great...they're starting to come up now that I have a top reviewer "hat" though. Helium is, by far, my best-performing site, though it is also the most populated since there are 612 pieces there now. Hubpages comes in third for earning, with Associated Content bringing up the rear. That said, Associated Content does seem to be steadily earning every month (even if it's not much) so it looks like it will eventually be worth it.

I see a couple of people here write on Bukisa, which I had considered...any luck with the earnings there?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)