Are we becoming a country of surrender monkeys?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (148 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

With President Obama apologizing for everything American do you think we'll be considered a bunch of whoosies by the rest of the world? Are we going to fold at every challenge?

1. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, we'll be considered polite and able to admit when we're wrong. This in turn will garner respect and more tolerance of us. See, we're kind of a nuisance when we go abroad and our policies are draconian.

1. profile image0

And as for people complaining about the bowing, that's just proper protocol when addressing royalty.

1. profile image0
          Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it wasn't proper protocol and the Japanese are very embarrassed for us. It was a bow of apology and not necessary.

1. profile image0

I'll look it up, but I spent four years of my childhood in Hawaii which has a large Japanese ethnic population that influences the culture there. Obama is from Hawaii so he was already acquainted with proper Japanese protocol when he meet the Japanese emperor. Of course it could have been a slippage, I'll look it up.

2. spiritactor profile image61
          spiritactorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe Obama has much on his plate to return this country to being perceived as gracious and respectful. Yes, corporations still continue to do many dastardly dealings around the world-- it's a corporate global war now. But his image is fast becoming that of thoughtfulness AND strength.
          Besides, a "whoosie" is fearful; and who is more fearful than someone who won't be strong enough to OFFER respect with dignity?

1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's early to be drinking.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean like 'mature' smile lol
        I agree ,its already happening if International newspapers are anything to go by....

Never quite understood 'what everything American' really meant, either?

Perhaps sneak could expand on that a bit?

3. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

honk for peace, that will make hundreds of years of hatred go away...

2. pylos26 profile image70
      pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I suppose what we should do is invade a country for no legitimate reason and then when we kill a few of em...began bantering that the mission is accomplished.

1. sooner than later profile image61
        sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

worked for the english

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But not for Bush, excepting those who voted for him.

1. Bibowen profile image88
            Bibowenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And not for Clinton either after the bombing of that aspirin factory...that had to have been a real headache...

I did not vote for Bush or Clinton.  Can you say the same?

1. Bibowen profile image88

Sure, it's easy, "I did not vote for Bush or Clinton."

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
                  Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good One!

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Would you be telling the truth if you said you didn't vote for Bush or Clinton?

1. profile image0

I voted for Daddy Bush then Clinton then W.

2. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

3. Bibowen profile image88

You forgot retreat, backpeddle, yield, give up, give in, capitulate, dodge, squander, concede, throw in the towel, bend over forwards as far as equilibrium will allow you to stay aright...

4. topgunjager profile image59
      topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why are you even asking? i thought you're a religious man? didn't jesus want us to be meek and humble?smile

5. Siotosh profile image61
      Siotoshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do not insult monkeys,  monkeys do not surrender they are very much like the enemy we are fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. If you through things at monkeys, what they'll do is through it back, or even bring your towers down. You title I find very rude, if not racist based.

6. TimTurner profile image69
      TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's clear world leaders aren't scared of him like they were with Bush.  Even Israel is challenging his administration at every corner.  Russia has already challenged Obama and now China isn't budging on issues.

Then Obama bows to the Japanese President..unreal.

North Korea is waiting on their talks with the U.S. that Obama said they would get so they keep acting up to speed that process up.

Talk with Iran hasn't gone anywhere since Obama is allowing that to happen as well.

He is a wussssssss!

7. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you want to work towards world peace, starting with sorry is a good start.  Sorry opens up discussion, discussion is non threatening and helps to share each others perception of life.  Understanding leads to tolerance.  tolerance is about forgiveness.... the cycle moves back to... sorry x

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Americans aren't used to saying sorry. big_smile

1. gramon1 profile image59
          gramon1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You don't have to say "sorry". You just have to say that the bad policies were designed by a different administration, and that this new administration totally disagrees with the old one. "Let bygones be bygones".

1. profile image0

Easy to say on this side of the fence, unfortunately.

Whenever I traveled through Europe and Latin America in the Bush years, the general attitud of people was to hate the United States and to distrust Americans. However, as soon as I mentioned that I despised Bush (which I still do), people would switch to hating Bush, and accepting the USA as a country that contributed greatly to the world before the Bush era. Most people around the world do not hate us. They hate the abuse committed by the USA. If we let them know that we feel like them, and that we feel that the greatness of the USA is not in its might, but in the fairness, goodness, and determination of Americans, then they will like and respect us again.

2. profile image0
          shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am SORRY to hear that hon x

1. profile image0

We alwayas start out with the best intentions, we are very loyal to our country. We believe when we're asked to go help or fight we owe it to our freedoms to protect them. JFK sumed it up,"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." Unfortunatly our liberal countrymen get it backwards and JFK was a democrat.

1. Colebabie profile image60
              Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are never going to get over your generalizations are you? No matter how many times I point them out and tell you that they are getting you no where.

1. profile image0

What liberal can say they aren't for government intervention in our healthcare, social issues, buisness and illegal aliens?

Not all "liberals" believe in government intervention for any or all of these issues. You keep labeling. And how should the US deal with illegal aliens? Without government intervention there would be mo more border patrol, passports, customs agents etc.

1. profile image0

Well the feeble efforts to regulate borders, can hardly be considered an intervention. The efforts made along the canadian border are nonexistant.

2. tony0724 profile image61
                    tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What you seem to have forgotten Colebabie is that they have basically been given a mandate by Napalitano to do nothing as that Sheriff in Arizona will attest too .And according to our currently Democratic dominated Government says Americans who want security at the borders are now called extremist ,per Napalitanos memorandum from the Dept . of Homeland Security . With this kind of Democratic dominated Government I am safer with Somali pirates !

2. Colebabie profile image60

Asking the government to make systems in the US better is an attempt at making the country better. You again assume that liberals are selfish and none of them ever do anything to help the country. Want a list?

1. profile image0

Then you agree that you want the country to do for you? They may very well contribute but they expect, and in some cases demand, things in return.(gay rights, healthcare etc.)

So you expect absolutely nothing of the government? You don't expect protection? Or rights? Or safety? Or equality?
                  Of course I want the government to do those things. But I understand that as a citizen it is my responsibility to make the country better. I don't ask what the country can do for me (that should be a given), I spend every day asking what can I do for this country? But you are too busy labeling everyone and putting them into little boxes and attacking people to see any of that.

1. profile image0

Gay marraige- how would that make us better, unless immorality is better

Illegal aliens- people who break our laws should be given virtual citizenship, how does that make us better?

Govenment healthcare- waiting in lines, denying procedures, loss of incentive for innovations and research, treating illegals and deadbeats, making everyone buy insurance or else(unless of course you're illegal or a deadbeat), death boards, etc. How does this make us better?

Taxing and over taxing the successful, how does this make us better?

Creating moe laws that restrict our lives and take away freedoms, how does this make us better?

Killing the unborn, how does this make us better?

2. gramon1 profile image59

Sorry to contradict you. He is not assuming that liberals are selfish. Conservatives are opposed to pay for the health of the poor. That is true selfishness. He is mad because he thinks that he will pay for the health of some poor child, etc. What he does not realize is that he is already doing so, but through a crazy system that does not include preventive medicine. In many states (perhaps in all of them), indigent people have to be attended if they go through emergency service of most hospitals. This is how poor people get health care now. Of course, if you go to ER with a real emergency, they are already over-stretching themselves to take care of the poor.
                Most conservatives don't use their little heads and tiny bit of IQ God gave them to realize that Insurance companies use 80% of their money to pay marketting and sales, administrators, and give dividends to investors. Additionally, Hospitals inflate all prices to insurance companies and doble or triple bill insurance companies. Insurance companiesdo not check those things out because they simply pass that cost on to us. 
                This is the conservative way!

2. profile image0

I know but, why would you want to be a pansey? That takes all the fun out of life!

8. Anna Erwin profile image60
      Anna Erwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, he just makes us look like a bunch of fools because he does what he wants to and then says stupid shite like,

"The bailout is working" while most of us are like WTF are you talking about.  No one agrees, unless you are paid to of course.

The rest of the world looks on and thinks, The Americans are idiots the bailout is working.

We say, not that is not what we think.. well... but... that is not what your president said.

Then they think, wow a country that is doesn't trust or like their president. 

Sound third world to me. sad

9. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We sure as hell will be by our enemies, and that's the problem.

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is there any kind of instance of Obama apologizing for everything American? I mean a real event, real words coming out of the man's mouth?

I'm going to sit back and enjoy the long silence.

1. profile image0

Well I just got up or it would have been a shorter silence. I don't remember his exact words but his references to Gitmo qualify as that. The torture issue was another where he made it clear that it would be investigated and stopped is another example of apologizing.

Now if you're statement,"for every American", is what you're referring to and no he hasn't apologized for the euro-americans.

2. profile image0

Agreed!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm

Iraq 2 - Fail
          Afghanistan - Fail
          Iraq 1 - Fail
          Vietnam - Ran away
          Korea - Ran away
          WWII - Arrived late

Oh dear. wink  At least you are still free to have your mail read by the government Inc without a warrant and you can be held without charge by the authorities if they "suspect" you of something, and Mr Bush made mucho bucks from the banking collapse. smile

Good conservative values they are.

1. profile image0

Don't you have a liberal cry to go to, or something?

2. Allan Bogle profile image70
            Allan Bogleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We didnt run away from Korea. We are still there....

3. tksensei profile image59

1. wrong
            2. pending
            3. wrong
            4. close enough
            5. wrong
            6. wrong

2. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Whats a whoosie?

1. profile image0

A cross between a whimp and a P.......

Then wouldn't that be a wussy?

3. ledefensetech profile image67
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

Nah, Carter stepped all over his crank in foreign policy too.  It's just one of those things that periodically happen in US politics.  Sometimes we just have a fit of stupidity.  That will be rectified in a few years.

1. egiv profile image60
      egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're right; except that you've got it mixed up. Obama is rectifying an 8-year fit of stupidity.

4. resspenser profile image69
    resspenserposted 14 years ago

Yes and Yes.

5. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

no, c'mon now.

It's a diplomatic move, to counteract the stances of the previous administration. He is merely trying to assure those nations who disagreed with Bush's non-diplomacy stance.

It's a political maneuver. smile

1. ledefensetech profile image67
      ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure it is, but it's stupid and transparent. I think the only person who doesn't see it as such is Obama.  Certainly the rest of the world's leaders are seeing it as subservient and weak.

Where in heck do you find this out?

2. profile image0

And you can speak for them all...

LOL And he usually does!

2. ledefensetech profile image67

Time will certainly tell what foreign leaders think of him and his policies.  Going by what's gong on with Obama's "open hand" to Iran, it would seem that he's not held in very high esteem.

3. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but it's his responsibility to know. to be fully aware of how any gesture, any word, especially when having a face-to-face with foreign heads of state, will be interpreted and how they will view our president and country.

and Barack Obama is very circumspect, so i have to wonder why he would deliberately send a message like this.

did the emperor bow to him?

Sure it is and his State handlers probably briefed him on correct protocol.  But the Glorious Leader apparently doesn't need any stinkin' handler and does things his own way.

Randy your ignorance is showing.  Japanese are so embarrassed by Obama's gaffe, that they aren't even showing it on TV or in print.  To the Japanese that speaks volumes about how badly he stepped on his crank.

6. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I have no idea what the political fallout from this one will or won't be--or whether Obama's bow was correct, incorrect, or a deliberate apology.

But I do love that term, "surrender monkey".  Don't think I ever saw a monkey surrender to anybody.  They usually pick up their feces and throw it at you--doesn't sound much like surrender to  me.

7. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

A bow is just a sign of respect in Japan, much like a hand shake here.  This is just another nitpicking episode by the same sore losers as usual.  Funny as hell!

1. profile image0

i voted for Obama.

1. sooner than later profile image61
        sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"i voted for Obama"

do you want me to take the knife out of your back?

1. profile image0

would you be a dear? thanks ever so... wink

8. profile image58
    songsterposted 14 years ago

well, you have recently illegally invaded iraq for oil & gas and afghanistan for oil & gas and to avert a regional power from growing too big by achieving a foot hold in central asia.
    You are all over africa with military aid and training programmes to most african states, organising genocidal wars in the congo largely responsible for the rwandan genocide with the UK. Responsible for the ongoing Colombian tragedy under the guise of fighting drugs. paying out loads and arming israle who recently killed loads of palestinians, helped turkey kill loads of kurds, killed loads of east timorese, wasted loads of vietnamese in the 60s and 70s and other indo-chinese, wasted 100,000s of indonesians in the 60s, south america wasnt too pretty, angola and mozambique in the 70s was a bit nasty, i dont think appearing weak is the problem.

And you're massively confused.  You throw all kinds of crap out there without understanding the context of what those situations were.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67

Wow, we did all that and we're still paying $2.75 per gallon at the gas station? This blows.

1. rhamson profile image70
        rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And did you think that they were ever going to lower the price of oil?  We have been duped by big oil through congress to fleece us of as much money as we dumbly can give them.  Unfortunately it has cost so much human life and that is criminal.

Not to mention the high taxes that we have to pay sad

2. Siotosh profile image61

Maybe what's needed is a socialist policy, too many share holders, only $2.75 the British public are getting a very bad deal

Bush said the oil would pay for the Iraq war.  He was right, we are paying for it by buying gas at inflated prices everywhere.

3. rhamson profile image70

I am sorry to say it but you are going to get roasted in here for stating a lot of cold things about US meanderings in other countries affairs.  Sad but true.

9. profile image58

i do understand the context. western imperialism.

No you don't, the fact that you call our Cold War adventures imperialism, shows how confused you are.

10. Allan Bogle profile image70
    Allan Bogleposted 14 years ago

Other than the fact that various Presidents have done this same manner of salutation (Nixon bowed to Hirihito for example in the 70's) there is more here than many of you realize. We are in danger of losing our relationship with Japan which we need to counter growing Chinese hegemony. Yukio Hatoyama has already stated that he is considering moving our airbase out of Okinawa and possibly out of the country, which of course would limit our strategic capabilities greatly to counter a Pacific threat. In additin he has made it clear that the new Japanese gov. wants to re-consider our relationship in a different light.

His bow is the last thing any of you should be worried about. Hatoyama is the problem, not some traditional Japanese salutation.

11. profile image58

your confusion is that you see the cold war as the main reason for all those third world wars.
    if the soviet union hadnt existed there would still be western imperialism.

Oh yeah, how many people did the Soviets kill?  If not for us, you'd have had first hand experience in the tender mercies of the Communist system.

1. egiv profile image60
        egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How many people did WE kill? Korea? Vietnam? And now everybody is at the mercies of our Capitalist system in which we dominate. Are you incapable of seeing anything from a perspective other than your own?

1. Allan Bogle profile image70

The communists have been the biggest mass murderers in history. There is no arguing this within a factual arena.

1. rhamson profile image70

It is funny how easily the blame game gets started and how much selective memory is employed when the various countries and their citizens face critisism.  Both the Soviet Union and the US have done horrific injustices furthering their ideologies and have tried very carefully to hide them or cover them up.  Unfortunately when all of this is applied to current conversations the worst is thrown in our faces to invalidate our individual points of view. Nothing is proven and some wrong things are reinforced as facts.

1. Allan Bogle profile image70

This is true, thus my earlier attempt in stating that every action should be judged independently...

2. rhamson profile image70

So because we have done it to a lesser degree that makes us better?

2. Allan Bogle profile image70

Because in many of those reasons it was the reason. Vietnam, the support for Pinochet, the intrusion of American policy into Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia and Brazil etc were direct from cold war policy. Was it moral? No. But let us not have argument that many of these intervebntions were not the result of Cold War policy.

12. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

Anyone for cheese?

13. Allan Bogle profile image70
    Allan Bogleposted 14 years ago

At the risk of removing the topic further from its intended scope, there is no question that the United Sattes di horrible things. We assassinated democratically elected leaders, invaded countries for economic reasons, and act with different expectations to other countries than we expect to live by (and anyone imagine the U.S. tolerating a foreign missle shiled on our Canadian border for example).

On the other hand we did some things we had to do to keep communism at bay, and we were the only ones that were able to keep the world outside of the Sino-Soviet sphere free.

Every issue must be studied and evaluated on its own, not by generalized judgements ecomapassing a half century of actions...

14. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I don't like monkeys.

15. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Bad monkey! Bad! yikes

16. Siotosh profile image61
    Siotoshposted 14 years ago

Maybe it's time to ask the Mafia for help, we could process the Opium and ship it to the streets of America. That would raise lots of cash and the people would not be using religion as their Opium

17. profile image0

Um, that's not happening already? lol

1. Siotosh profile image61

I know, please don't tell everyone they won't believe you

18. profile image0

I feel if we are going to be a bunch of pansies and fruit loops, we should just come home and stay home. At least we won't humiliate ourselves in front of the whole world. Lets face it they do nothing but complain about us so lets let'um complain about someone else. We need our money here and if you listen to the likes of paraglider we don't help anybody anyway.

19. profile image0

For supporting this one over that one, trying to set an example for the free world to follow, and believing some things are worth fighting for.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They are worthy attributes ,but not unique to Americans IMO smile

1. profile image0

No but we certainly draw the lion share of the critisim.

1. pylos26 profile image70
          pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well... you go around calling posters rodents...go figure.

1. profile image0

I do apologize for the rodent comments but I was trying to be funny, I just missed.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Well, I hope going to Iraq and torture doesn't catch on.

20. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Are we becoming a country of surrender monkeys?Are we becoming a country of surrender monkeys?

excuse me, please, were you calling Obama a surrender monkey?

surrender monkeys - is that a 60's pop rock band?

Could you just lighten up a little and give the world a chance? some major healing is going on and you sound like you want us to keep blowing things up.  Why?  To salve our pride?  Bad monkey!

1. profile image0

Barbarians only understand strength. If you feel kisses and hugs will work, start kissing!

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

are you confusing strength with distruction?  It is a much stronger thing to build up than to destroy.  We must never feel it is apologetic, or surrender to cease distruction and instead build the world - not to mention what our war policies have done in the way of massive destruction of the earth's environment.  I really don't think we even grasp to what extent we are killing the planet by pursuing weaponry and warfare.  So what has kissing to do with anything I have said? Exactly who and where are the barbarians?

1. profile image0

You're a liberal aren't you?

1. mega1 profile image80

labeling someone a liberal does not make for intelligent dialogue!  but I should have realized that someone who comes up with a label like "surrender monkey" is not really interested in intelligent dialogue but just wants to make a (rather ignorant) statement.  If you refuse to even define the stupid term yourself, that says so much about you!

21. Nuyorican21 profile image59
    Nuyorican21posted 14 years ago

If we accept the fact that Obama is hurting our nation being an apologetic public figure, what about public figures that CRY constantly on NATIONAL TELEVISION????  This of course being Glenn Beck.  What makes us look weaker??

Are you putting Glenn Beck, a mere TV and radio jock, on the same level with Obama, the President of the US?

2. profile image0

The President of the United States of America does not bow to anyone anywhere, period. As far as Glen Beck is concerned I am ashamed of the leaders in charge of our country. It's truely embarassing. God help us.

Gee sneako,  I think you're confusing the president with some sort of royalty or god or something.  The president is still a common man as in "all men are created equal" but I sense you don't agree with those words anyway.  A bow is instinctive if you have ever been associated with anyone from Japan or involved in certain martial arts activities.  Big deal!

1. profile image0

Once you start kissing butts you look like a stooge. Our president holds a position of responsibilty and deserves respect, we ask for no quarter and we should give none. We owe no one an apology for anything period.

22. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

once upon a time when the world was still in the throes of elections and competitions about who would rule the world some clever people came up with the idea that they could quietly and secretly rule the world and make everyone else into puppets to do their bidding - their secret tools were the epithets "liberal" and "conservative" - both words were thrown about in order to disguise, confuse and completely subdue the population.  It seemed to work.  On most people.

1. SoftCornHippo profile image61
      SoftCornHippoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

puppets? well ok, where do I sign up? I'm pushing the "submit" button all the time, might as well just submit on everything!

1. mega1 profile image80

you do that - and after you sign up maybe you can tell everyone else where to go, the way so many puppets do!big_smile

23. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

boogity boogity boogity tonguetonguetongue

24. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

You're a conservative, aren't you, Sneeko

1. profile image0

Mostly, at this time I better identify my beliefs with conservatives.

1. mega1 profile image80

and how exactly do you define "conservative"?  I know you can see where I'm goin with this.

1. profile image0

It's a series of character traits, respectful, law abiding, free market, less government, less taxation and you take care of your own family and help others if you can. You dress and behave in public always considerate of others. In my case I follow the word Jesus and he is my leader.

25. profile image0

Surrender monkey-( as per Bart Simpson) is a european type country or mentality that will give-up or quit if someone yells Boo! A whimp. A pansey. A coward. A Whoosie.

26. gramon1 profile image59
    gramon1posted 14 years ago

As a Shotokan karate instructor, I can assure every body that bowing is not a symbol of submission, but of strength. You show others that in spite of your power, you are not dangerous to them. Bowing is respect. We bow to each other as a greeting, or before a fight. When we bow we do not tell the other person that we are afraid. We tell them that we will respect them even after we beat them up.
    As for liberals being whimps, I am a liberal. I opposed the war in Iraq, and when I faced people who were in favor and insulted me, calling me liberal in a derrogatory way, I beat them up, without bowing before doing so. Why didn't I bow? because I don't respect right wingers. They have used my tax money and the american self respect to enrich Hallyburton. I consider righrt wingers idiots. I didn't use to make my thoughts in this regartds public, but I got fed up. We gave them a great country that was on top of the world when Clinton was there. They enriched themselves, ruining us, and taking away most of our freedoms. Now, they return a country in shambles that need to be restored. And they still want to critizice. This is my message to conservatives: You have screwed up this country too much. Now, let us liberals restor it, so you can (in your immense stupidity) screw it up again in 8 years from now.

1. profile image0

Thank You Blue Ranger. What the hell is wrong with you?

Didn't I just post what my problem is? It is conservatives who have been pushing America down in the last few years. As for "Blue Ranger", that is how you idiots solve things, giving names and making fun. I bet you are a Rush Limbow fan

1. profile image0

You're a gay man and you want to get married, whats wrong with a civil union? Why do gays always threaten everybody? Look I love you and I know this is a tough time. Just keep working out it helps relieve stress and you'll find a way to survive this social distress.

OK, Rush, let me tell you, I am afraid of men that love me. They get too touchy feely for my taste. You really can't get the problem. Whether I am gay or not is absolutely irrelevant. In fact, whether I think a woman should have an abortion is irrelevant too. Furthermore, whether I like to torture people is irrelevant. Evenmore, whether I am Muslim or not is irrelevant. The fact is that freedom means ALL PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS. NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL OTHERS WHAT THEIR RELIGION SHOULD BE. ABORTION IS A RELIGIOUS BELIEF. NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO TORTURE OTHERS, NOT EVEN THE MILITARY OR THE CIA.
            How about you go and learn what freedom means and then we talk.

1. profile image0

I'm harmless killer don't worry about me. Religion,ok. Who speaks for the baby what our their rights? I'll bet if you could ask them they'd say Mommy if you don't want me, it's ok. Please don't kill me give me to someone who'll love and give me a chance to be a real person. Torture, well when you fight with the devil there's no rules. Rules only get the good guy killed because the bad guy won't follow them anyway. Well in my book freedom doesn't mean anarchy.

First of all, The brain is not formed until the 6th month. Therefore, a three month old fetus is a brainless being. Your religion may say that the soul is in the fetus. But that is your religion. It is not everyone's religion. Freedom of religion means that your religion shall not be placed above other religions in the making of the law. In other words, you do not believe in freedom of religion.

Yes, your support for torture does make you a killer. Just read along:
                According to the Independent, "Human Rights First’s report, Command’s Responsibility, based on its study of autopsy reports and interviews with military personnel, witnesses and physicians, found that between August 2002 and February 2006 nearly 100 detainees had died 'while in the hands of U.S. officials in the global 'war on terror.' Although the military had deemed 34 of those deaths suspected or confirmed homicides, Human Rights First counted a total of 45 cases where the facts suggested 'death as a result of physical abuse or harsh conditions of detention.' What’s more, in almost half the cases surveyed, 'the cause of death remains officially undetermined or unannounced.' Overall, the group found, by the beginning of 2006, 'eight people in U.S. custody were tortured to death.'”
                There are thousands of pieces of evidence that the American government, through the CIA, the FBI, and other security organizations kidnapped and tortured thousands of Muslims, maintaining most of them in custody for over one year. More than 90% of them were found not to be terrorists, unless you consider praying to Alah an act of terror. I am sure you do.
                Schools in mostly right wing conservative Christian states keep harassing wiccans and other pagans. Of course, that is because they do not believe in freedom of religion.
                You guys want to claim that freedom of religion and of personal practices is anarchy. In some states, conservatives managed to pass anti fellacio and sodomy laws. But it is always the conservative jerks that oppoase the freedom of others the ones caught soliciting teenager porno, sex in bathrooms, male prostitution, and other "immoral" acts that they oppose.
                Conservatives are the most hypocritical and amoral people. Theuir only interest is to be above others. Their religion is always the "true" religion.
                Well I have news for you. God will meet you some day, and all your conservative slogans will not make Him approve of your contribution to torture and other conservative IMMORAL conservatively backed actions.

1. profile image0

Wow!.................That was fun. Ok, Wickans?..........I believe I can safely assume that you're referring to Christan conservatives. That said, what sould I say? I support the islamic jihadists? If you think I should give them a hug, that'll have to wait until they clean-up their mess! They know who the idiots are turn them in then we'll talk. Wickens? Why not kill babies thats smarter than crossing your legs or keeping it in your pants.

Have you ever been tortured? Well I have! I've been married for 34 years! I know what torture is, sitting out side a changing room waiting to comment on an article of clothing, she probably won't buy anyway! While the football games are on TV! Don't you tell me about torture! How about the noise torture? Do you have any ideas how many times I heard "Stop-it!" Every vacation in almost every state! Almost every state! All fifty of them!
                  They used to call me Don King! And now I'm bald. So don't you tell me about torture.

Fellatio? Theirs laws against fellatio? And to think I request that for my birthday every year. Thats why I never get it! I thought she was just torturing me.

Ok I understand you don't like conservatives, how do you like liberals? Do you think killing babies will make God happy? I sure don't remember anything in the Bible about killing brainless babies is ok. If you're gay and you sodomize your fishing buddie I think the adultery commandment handles that since there's no same sex marraige. Where you're from do they make you have sex on TV so you don't break the law?

I don't care what any commie liberal says, that was not me in that porno video! I was delivering pizza and got lost! I'm not immoral!

lol lol lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
                    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I feel your pain man.

27. profile image0

I still don't like monkeys.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Try them with horseradish sauce, that's some good eatin'.

1. profile image0

Tastes like chicken, you were going to say, right? lol

2. gramon1 profile image59

That's because you know what monkeys do to sheep.

1. profile image0

Yes! It's horrible(shudders) big_smile

1. Siotosh profile image61

Monkeys can be trained, buy the monkey a pair of wellington boots, and show the monkey how to use, a sheep restrainer.  LOL

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

You're a sick twisted freak....

Welcome to HubPages! smile

28. profile image0

Thanks, it's her birthday tomarrow and she still hasn't said where she wamts to eat.I don't no what to tell her family.

29. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

How you manage to miss my point every time is beyond me. I'm going to a beach clean up, and later on I'm tutoring and then going to wait tables. Oh yeah, I do absolutely nothing to help people. Have a nice day.

30. ngureco profile image79
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

7. 1993, “Operation Gothic Serpent” surrendered hurriedly in Somalia never to return again.

31. profile image0
    oldenuf2nobetterposted 14 years ago

We never should have invaded Iraq.Why persevere with a mistake?

1. tksensei profile image59

Yes, we should have.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)