Decreased adsense earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (38 posts)
  1. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Is it site wide? I have been making adsense money in the range of 13-16 $ a day for more than 100 days. Now it has decreased to below 10$ per day. I track my referral traffic as well as my own traffic. Is something wrong? I still get the same amount of traffic. Paul, Jason, Maddie, anyone? What I am wondering is, is there something not right with the quota system(in your software or something?), at the moment? (I mean the split/share between HP and the users?

Thanks for the reply in advance. smile

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If this helps. Adwords campains at the moment are very cheap compared to a short time ago. It is my view that this is a seasonal adjustment leading up the end of the financial year. Based upon past experience there will be a marked increase in the new financial year.

1. Lissie profile image75
        Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks that makes sense ! Id forgotten the US financial year end.  I also notice that later in the month I lower CPC and on the US weekends and holdiays

2. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 15 years ago

Mine has cut close to half as well..but I am noticing decreased traffic. Not sure what is happenign other than people are getting tired of reading me.. smile

3. quiet tracer profile image73
    quiet tracerposted 15 years ago

hey sunseven!
    I thiink you should be still happy with your decreased earnings, because I am not  earning more than a dollar even per month. Your earnings are still far better than that of mine. LOLZZZZZZZZ

4. Shirley Anderson profile image72
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

I've been having a steady increase, but it hit a wall a couple of days ago and hasn't moved.  I assumed too, that people just weren't reading my topics right now.

I'd love to hear from the mods that I'm wrong, and I suddenly have a doubling of interest and earnings.  Yeah, that'll probably happen.  smile

5. len7288 profile image56
    len7288posted 15 years ago

I also noticed a decrease in my google adsense earning since mid of april, I hope  everything will go back to normal again.

6. Shelly McRae profile image71
    Shelly McRaeposted 15 years ago

For almost the entire month of May, my Adsense earnings have stopped. Just stopped. I was wondering if something was wrong as well, as my traffic is good and continues to increase. But my earnings have not increased one penny. Surely something is up.

7. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I haven't noticed a decline in Adsense. :-\ I've actually had more good days than bad.

8. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

I personally tend not to worry about rising or falling earnings from adsense or any of the other hubpages affiliates, you may have the same amount of visitors to your pages as you did last month or the month before, infact you may even have had double the amount of visitors than previous months but if people do not click the ads when they visit your pages then you will not make any money from them and you cannot force people to click on your ads......jimmy

9. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 15 years ago

Not even if we send unca guido after them, jimmy?

10. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Im heading for a record month with Adsense: though still not enough to get me paid out this month!  I am noticing a huge variation in the price paid per a click rather than the traffic of click rate which of which are pretty constant: its the variation of over 5X on the cost per click on my top 2 performing hubs which makes the difference. 

Its some much  I think some day Im smart priced and some days Im not : but I think that is only reviewed 1 a week yes?

11. bloggerdollar profile image74
    bloggerdollarposted 15 years ago

My traffic and clicks are increasing but the earnings are still the same. So I can say that CPC is decreasing.

12. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I got about 10% increase in CPM in May comparing to April.

However, there seems to be a noticeable CPM drop starting May 13 to date sad

13. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

We saw a bit of a decline in click through rate across the site starting around May 17th continuing through May 25th or so.  Things started to rebound on May 26th, as the memorial day weekend came to a close (a national holiday in the US).  Since then, things seem to be more or less back to normal.

Fluctuations of earnings from AdSense are fairly common, since their inventory and pricing model is constantly being adjusted.   There isn't much transparency from the AdSense side, you more or less get what Google decides to give you (but in most cases, what they give you is more than you can get anywhere else).

14. SunSeven profile image61

CTR is still low and down. Something to with the ad placements?

15. funnebone profile image73
    funneboneposted 15 years ago

Mine have been way down and my traffic increased. I actually checked the code because I thought something was wrong. I made like 85 in my first real 2 months and in the last month I am struggling to hit $100. If this co9ntinues I hope HUb will find a way to give us more earning opportunities.

16. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

Im in the club too! but still thankfull for anything really lol

17. Angela Harris profile image66
    Angela Harrisposted 15 years ago

I'm in the lowered Adsense earnings group as well. CTR is down, sometimes by half. And earnings on a few days would have been almost nil. The only thing that saved those days was a a couple of higher paying clicks.

My traffic hasn't decreased. Most days it's been increasing. But my earnings are definitely less.

I kept thinking it was just a fluke and would return to normal soon. That was almost a month ago. If Hubpages changed the Adsense ads somehow, it definitely was a bad move for me.

18. SunSeven profile image61

Its been more than a month since the CTR/earnings is down despite having steady/increasing traffic. sad

19. pjdscott profile image68
    pjdscottposted 15 years ago

Due to a massive SEO campaign on my Dublin site by a pal of mine, my clicks are up but my CTR down too!

I'm still able to buy a monthly cup of coffee with my HubPages revenue, but that's OK!!

Peter

20. Rudra profile image68
    Rudraposted 15 years ago

One of my Hubs reach 80-100 views a day and dont get more than 0.01 in the last few days.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This probably has to do with the subject matter you're publishing.  Some topics convert better in terms of clicks than others.

21. SunSeven profile image61

The earnings are still way down. These days I don't see ads on the top panel much. Perhaps this is the reason?!

22. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Seriously down in the last 2-3 days is what I a seeing sunseven: and yes the ad placement seems poor- sometimes not getting that right hand block at the top - that sems to make all the difference for me

SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Indeed Lissie. Perhaps something to do with the ad optimization program HP uses currently?!

23. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

My CPM dropped about 40 cents in the last 3 days... T_T at that rate we will be getting only fractions of a penny for clicks...

Also it's more then ad sense. I don;t know what the heck you need to do with the ebay one but I manually counted the dam page visits and they aren't leaving ebay impressions. Can someone tell me whats wrong or how to fix that?

24. Angela Harris profile image66
    Angela Harrisposted 15 years ago

Okay, I hate to keep whining about this, but it's getting frustrating. I see lots of red arrows, but my  Adsense earnings keep going down. For the traffic that I got today, I would have made double with last month's CTR and eCPM from what I actually earned as of right now.

I keep thinking it will correct itself, as it has always done in the past. But for the entire month of June, that has not been the case. Obviously, Sunseven and a handful of others seem to be the only ones having this problem. I just don't get it.

25. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

I have given it the benefit of the doubt up until now, but I have definitely seen a drop in CTR, eCPM and overall earnings - despite a healthy increase in traffic over the last 3 months.

SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, Mark. That's what I have been saying. sad

26. MegaByteMama profile image60
    MegaByteMamaposted 15 years ago

Hi SunSeven

Well, my hubpages aren't old enough to be earning anything from them, but even for my normal sites I have noticed that my Adsense earnings is declining daily. From over $15 a day to about $3 a day - it's definitely some kind of Google Shuffle!

Joan

27. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

What is making the eCMP drop everyday? Everyday I look it drops between 1-3 cents if not more. I am basically a newbie to ad sense but when I got my 1st click 3 weeks ago it was at $1.28 eCMP and I got $.11 for the click. I now have more clicks but I don't have anything more then $.11.
    Why isn't every clicked given revenue for and why the hell does the eCPM drop?

28. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 15 years ago

There is a tip in the following Hub by Shailini about moving the first photograph further down the Hub so the first capsule is displayed alone.  This changes the ad placement so you typically get a banner across the top and a big rectangle immediately under it to the right where the photo would be. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-100 … ge-authors

All three ads then typically appear 'above the fold' (in view without scrolling).  I've tried this on some of my hubs and seem to be getting a better payout.  At least this may help to solve the ad placement problem.  I suspect the big righthand rectangle may pay better when a single large graphic is displayed. 

Of course, you can't force the way adsense places ads but you can maximise the chance for good placement. 

The downside is the Hubs don't look quite so nice but the summaries in hot hubs etc. look the same as HubPages uses the first photo as an icon where ever it is positioned in the Hub.  Assuming this really works then there is a tradeoff between the 'look' and the revenue earned - The same issue as changing ad placements in a blog.

1. Loni L Ice profile image68
      Loni L Iceposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It probably is ye olde Google shuffle. I'm a copywriter, so I write for AdWords and use AdSense simultaneously.  I bring this up because Google will allow you to write stupid, not-relevant-to-keyword ads, but will charge the AdWords user through the nose for them. If they changed their policy recently to give HubPages more relevant ads with higher clickthroughs, then the price per click goes down. This is why smart AdWords users continually try to make their ads more relevant and more clickable

My HubPages aren't old enough to be making money yet either, but if we've crossed a threshold in traffic that gets HubPages as a whole better ads, then each click is going to be worth less money.  Just a theory, who knows what goes on in the minds of Google?

2. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I did read the hub, but the first paragraph thing doesn't alway work, but most of the time. I've acually noticed a little change in the placement in my hubs lately. It may just be my imagination though...

The next section actually made me think of an idea. I think it'd be neat if HP could give us say 5-10 options for ad placement. Each hubber chooses the placement of the ads, but the option would be on all the hubs and not per hub. If that makes since. Like in the profile section or something, you'd see an option as to which placement you want, and the hubber gets to choose the placement for ads on all their hubs. This would give the hubber the option to deciding which placement works best or them, and it would give variance to each hubbers hubs. I dunno.. It'd probably be too complicated though. Plus, it would call for each hubber to rearranging their capsules when they changed the layout of the ad placement. I know I had to go through all mine the last time HP changed the ad placement, as it mess up my layout and whatnot..

29. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 15 years ago

If the traffic is increasing and the clicks are decreasing, perhaps all you need do is to seal the unnecessary escape routes(outbound links) you have in your hubs.

30. gogetter profile image61
    gogetterposted 15 years ago

I was just wondering what the average CTR is for everyone, I read some where that it should be about 7%.  Before the adsense revenue dropped where you getting 7% or above?

31. topstuff profile image60
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

I have also noticed a drop in eCPM.Rises and drops come,there is nothing to worry much.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)