HOW CAN A FAMILY SURVIVE FOM THIS WORLD AND GET TO HEAVEN?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (57 posts)
  1. mikoas profile image60
    mikoasposted 15 years ago

How can a family lives without influnce by the world? Your urgent answers please.

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You can't, and shouldn't try. Faith needs to be tested to be kept strong. No amount of seclusion will keep weak faith alive.

2. Jeraldine profile image57
      Jeraldineposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My brother its having a made up mind, not about who you are, but whose you are?  Its two types of people in this world (Saved and Unsaved).  Either you have made Jesus Lord over your life or you have not. If you have not then darkness, gloom, and despair will follow you all the days of your life.

When I came to a place where I knew I needed to change my life, and mind set was when I was in Dallas, Tx, 1984.  I had relatives there, but not a lot of help from them.

I knew there had to be more to life than how I had been living it. I was pointed in the right direction while working for a company in Dallas, Tx. I was tolerated and not celebrated. I endured a lot of racist attitudes and I was treated like the office flunky. I was a single parent with a young son just trying to make it.

I had a very good boss who understood my struggles and he treated me with dignity and respect and rendered help to me a lot of times. One of those times was when my mother died, and I did not have the money to go home (San Antonio, Tx) to her funeral.  He flew me and my son first class with even dinner on the flight.  Now thats a boss!

There was an associate also in the office who opened up her home to me and my son and gave us a place to live until I could find a place of my own (No charge).  She was a Christian. When I moved into her home I started going to church with her and surrendered my life to Jesus and that set me on a course to search for God for myself.  It changed my life!  When I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior its been better than alright every since. Now don't misunderstand what I am saying to you.  It's was not peaches and cream but this move made all the difference in the world.  I had become a new creature all old things had began to pass away and everything became new.

I faced the same troubles as anyone else, but I saw them differently. I read the Bible faithfully.  I soaked up everything it said and believed everything it said. I placed my trust in Him.  I allowed Him to lead the way.  I didn't know where I was going or how I was going to get there, but I allowed the words on those holy pages speak to my heart. I memorized the words on those holy pages and when I would meet troubled waters I spoke The Word.  As Jesus would say "peace be still".  Whatever storms that were raging, I now had a sword which is the Word of God to speak to that mountain and not wavering I stood on His Word.   

See, when you are in Jesus, you live in this world, but you are not of it.  I live in the hope that I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. We as Christians occupy until He comes. It is because I know who I am (A child of God) and Whose I am (I belong to the Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirt).  The three best friends you will ever have.  I will pray for you brother and ask the Lord to send laborers into your vineyard--you and your family.  Seek Him, and you'll find Him, Knock and the door shall be opened, Ask and you shall receive.  He's waiting.  May God Bless you and your family.

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's simply not true. I have not made Jesus Lord over my life, yet darkness, gloom, and despair do not follow me. Sorry if that spoils your theory smile

1. quicksand profile image82
          quicksandposted 15 years agoin reply to this

smile smile smile

These guys don't look much like gloom, darkness and despair either!

LOL! We certainly can create our own moods!!!

2. Teresa McGurk profile image60
            Teresa McGurkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

darkness, gloom, and despair?  It's a beautiful morning and the sun is shining over the marsh at the edge of the river.  My dog, Willum, is outside sniffing the air inquisitively.  My other dog, Lily, is sitting beside me, imploring me to give her a ginger snap.  Sometimes white herons wheel and glide in over the marsh grass.  Get the picture?

Religion certainly is good if you can take away the "gloom" component! LOL!
              smile smile smile

1. Jeraldine profile image57

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul? (Mark 8:36)
                Let me first give the definition of doom....judgement esp : a judicial condemnation or sentence. (2) Destiny  (3) Ruin: Death; Gloom: partial or total darkness, lowness of spirit; dejection; an atomostphere of despondency.  Get back to me.

1. Teresa McGurk profile image60
                  Teresa McGurkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Does that mean that other people will be gloomy? 
                  I'm aware of the definition of the word "doom," it being derived from Old English "dom."  Interestingly, the word has the same Indo-European root as the Sanskrit word for "law" ("dhaman").

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The very thought of making a mythical, non-existent biblical figure lord over my life is causing me to sink into gloom, darkness and despair. sad

1. BDazzler profile image79
            BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm praying for you about that, my friend. big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Um thanks.............. big_smile

3. Jeraldine profile image57

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul? (Mark 8:36)
          Let me first give the definition of doom....judgement esp : a judicial condemnation or sentence. (2) Destiny  (3) Ruin: Death; Gloom: partial or total darkness, lowness of spirit; dejection; an atomostphere of despondency.  Get back to me.

Well, you know, you were offering me GLOOM, not DOOM (together with darkness and despair of course). Since you've changed your position I'll do another quick check - doom? no, sorry, not a lot of that guy in evidence either.

Now consider this - your happiness seems to be of an exclusive sort. It seems to depend on believing that everyone who isn't 'saved' should be miserable and desperate. That is a very mean-spirited version of happiness and one of which you should be heartily ashamed.

I would be heartily ashamed if that is what I meant.  Doom, Gloom, are harsh words perhaps.  They are jolting words that got your attention!  Have you ever read the story of Noah.  If you haven't read it, read it sometimes and get back to me. Mean-spirited never!  Often people are doomed and don't even realize it.  Have ever in your life had any feelings of depair.  Tip toe through the tulips kind of life, uh. Then you need a halo!  Well may God Bless you! lol

Of course I've read Noah's story. It comes from an old book that is part of my cultural heritage. The book is full of stories many of which are patently untrue.

About despair - it means 'without hope', and no, even in times of personal tragedy, I have never been without hope, at least not for more than a few minutes. But I don't hope to survive my death in any shape or form. I'm quite ok with the idea that we live till we die. In that sense, we're all 'doomed' if you like. And that's fine too.

I thought you believed in re-birth. smile

No. What gave you that impression?

2. gamergirl profile image85
        gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There are plenty of people.. millions upon millions even, who live without having accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, myself included, who live happy, light, joyful lives.  smile  I'm glad you found your path, but yours is not the only path.

3. roy d profile image60
      roy dposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mikoas,we cant live w/o the influence of the world but we can use it to our advantage to make us stronger and learn from it.
      Roy d

4. BDazzler profile image79

In my humble, yet entirely correct, opinion, the question is wrong, if you are a follower of Jesus.

Jesus said, "Father ... Your will be done on earth as in heaven"

So, the question should be, how can you influence the world to be more like heaven?

A follower of Jesus should not be troubled by the world ... He said, "In this world, you will have trouble ...but don't worry ... I have overcome the world."

5. redemptionlight profile image60
      redemptionlightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

First it depends on what kind of influence you are talking about brother, If it is the negative influence of sin and material things that deprives on of serving God fully, It takes patience and great self discipline.. living a life of virtue calls for a personal decision of self denial.
      Willing to do the opposite of what you see as wrong from a biblical perceptive is a starting point

2. seamist profile image60
    seamistposted 15 years ago

How can a family survive this world and go to heaven?

My brother and I were talking about our problems earlier tonight. In reference to them, he said, "You need to keep your eyes on Jesus. How true!

Paraphrased, the bible says all you need to do to get to heaven is believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to forgive our sins and ask him forgiveness. After you ask him for forgiveness, be repentant and truly try to change what you are doing wrong. However, since none of us is perfect, it can be difficult to change our ways, even when we want to. Ask him for help, and like my brother said, "Keep your eyes on him." Share your life with him, and when you have problems, pray to him. Talk to him like you would talk to family or a close friend. He knows what is in your heart.

I struggle with my faith. Sometimes he seems so far away, and I wonder if he even hears me. However, one can't think that way.You have to keep believing that he is with you and listening and cares whether it seems like it or not.

Thus, keep your eyes on Jesus. Pray. Try to follow what he wants you to do. Ask him to protect and bless your family. And last but not least, thank him.

1. profile image0
      mikeq107posted 15 years agoin reply to this

2 Thumbs up Jen!!!! Mike :0)

2. Jeraldine profile image57

Thank You Sister.

3. profile image0
    I EnLighten Uposted 15 years ago

By putting God at the head of their lives. "Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and all these things shall be added unto you". You cannot avoid the world and its evils because you dwell in it, but you can rise above it by staying focused on what "thus sayeth the Lord". You need not become a religious fanatic or a person who stops people in the street and beats them over the head with religious banter. Keep in mind that men whose stories we read about in the bible were not men of perfection. They fell victim to the sins of life and the flesh as well, yet when called upon by God these men followed what they knew was the right path. Familes must stay "prayed up" and do not allow yourselves to be influenced by people who don't know God.

4. Rangerwife profile image61
    Rangerwifeposted 15 years ago

A firm foundation.  Those who are not strong will be influenced by the world.  In order to be the least influenced, you and your family need a firm knowledge and understanding of the Bible.  Read it, know it, and live it.  You must live for Christ in order to get to heaven, and in order to live for Him, you must know what He teaches and asks of you.

5. WHoArtNow profile image81
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

Why oh why is this in Family when its Religious?

I'm not religious at all. Yet I know that the first step is to confess your a sinner, and everyone is a sinner. Confess that and accept that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins and you'll be on the right step.

If we were in the rapture right now, you'd get a mark of God on your forehead wink

Of course, if people put the same amount of energy into their own lives rather than their faith, they might end up with "heaven" right here on earth.

Just my 2c

6. WHoArtNow profile image81
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/

At least we know that's not mythical!

7. Jeraldine profile image57
    Jeraldineposted 15 years ago

Nope. Not feeling any of these. And no one is going to judge me. smile

Head on back to your own personal hell and try not to shove it down any one else's throat.

1. WHoArtNow profile image81
        WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Lol.

The only person to judge me is the only person who has a right to judge me, and that's me...

big_smile

Well, unless you go on a murder spree. smile

Which I hope you are not encouraged to do by the doom, gloom, and depression of not believing in whatever it is she says you must believe in or suffer ..... big_smile

1. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Or drive too fast tongue

I don't agree with that.  You don't even have the right to judge you.  Only God is the ultimate Judge.  How deceived are we.

Meanwhile, you have the right to tell people who may not believe in your god that only your god has the right to judge people. Since I see no god, I can only see you being highly judgmental.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

LOL

Speak for yourself. big_smile

Please stop telling me what I have the right to do or not. I tend to take offense when ignorant, uneducated people such as yourself - who believe in a magical, invisible super being  - have an opinion on what I can or cannot do. I am quite capable of deciding what I should be judged for - by me.

8. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 15 years ago

wow great topic to discuss....enjoyed people's view...but i got a question in my mind...how do you know that you are in hell or heven lol...???

There is a sign at the entrance.

2. BDazzler profile image79

big_smile
      I saw a twilite zone like that ... a criminal died in a bank hold up and went someplace where he got everything he wanted.  His "guide" was dressed in white ... he didn't understand why he made it to "this place" ...

After a while he realized that getting whatever he wanted whenever he wanted it was boring, annoying and pointless ... he told his "angel" that he was bored with heaven and wanted  to go to "the other place" .. the guide laughed and said "You think you're in heaven?"  ... This is the "other place" ... mwahahahahah.

3. Mr Nice profile image77
      Mr Niceposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Britney, No one is there yet because doomsday has not arrived yet. please wait until the doomsday & I will let you know my experience after I return.......♥♥♥

9. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 15 years ago

When my  kids were little (but also now that they're grown), I always believed that the world outside our home was a different one that the world within our home; and that if we created a healthy, peaceful, nurturing, "world" behind our own front doors, our children will grow up strong enough to be able to be perfectly fine in a troubled world (and also to kind of know how to seek out things in the world that are destructive to the human soul).

We can't raise our children "according to today's world" or "in keeping with today's beliefs".  I think we need to make our homes "little worlds" where we "incubate" strong children in loving, solid, environment; and make sure they are sufficiently mature before "throwing them to the wolves" in the larger, grown-up, world.

The "outside" world has always had more than its share of troubles and "awfulness".   Even if our threats are modern and some things can seem worse than they once did, I think the world has far more kind hearts and good souls today than it ever had in its violent history.

10. Mr Nice profile image77
    Mr Niceposted 15 years ago

Well I don't know how but here is what I think the answer........

~ Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die. ~

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good point!

2. Paraglider profile image88

Not me, my friend. I'm with John Lennon - "Imagine there's no Heaven, It's easy if you try"
      I don't want to die any time soon, but I don't want to live forever either. When my time comes, I'm ready. If I believed there was a Heaven, then yes, I'd probably want to go there, but I see no reason to believe such a place exists. Ain't seen no photographs...

11. Jeraldine profile image57
    Jeraldineposted 15 years ago

For all of the responses that encourage this man to begin to seek God for himself.  I  thank you for your encouraging words.  Joh 6:44  People cannot come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me; and I will raise them to life on the last day. For those who have not been drawn to the Father......I will keep you in my prayers.

12. mohamedhmm profile image60
    mohamedhmmposted 15 years ago

Have strong faith in our God and fellow the right path without harm for yourself or others...

13. puregrace profile image68
    puregraceposted 15 years ago

Your family can survive this world and go to heaven!

"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved."

That's it.

And it's powerful...because the power to live here where there are a lot of struggles and disappointments comes from Someone who is outside of what we see.

He gives the grace to face all the issues of life here, the joys and the sorrows, in such a way that the journey becomes easy.

He helps us to see the big picture.

Ever read "The Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan?
    Very encouraging.

Keep looking up.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills...where does my help come from?
    My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth..."

14. Anthony_Maya profile image57
    Anthony_Mayaposted 15 years ago

This life it's not about surviving it's about to make heaven here on Earth. I'm not talking about the whole mankind or something. I mean particular person or particular family. For all of us heaven i.e. happiness is different. And nobody can give a good advice, because everybody is unique and only you know what you need to be happy. All you need is just ask your soul and try to feel comfort or discomfort inside. So family should do what they prefer to do and enjoy it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)