So tell me about your Avatar

Jump to Last Post 51-84 of 84 discussions (188 posts)
  1. Faybe Bay profile image63
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

I used to be wrecked and hanging on by a tread, then I was a bumper car. Now I am a red dragon embracing a red rose. Why, because i am a redhead, and you know, we are just a little edgy that way.

1. Ohma profile image61
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As a fellow Redhead I understand all to well!

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
        Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have another movie, I am trying to find, and good Luck! It is written by a war bride, and now she has gone home to Korea to start a charity there. It is called Heaven and Earth, but now there is another movie with that name.

I knew you were special Ohma. We redheads, we're from another planet, you see.

1. Will Say Plenty profile image61
          Will Say Plentyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have heard things about redheads but only dated one and hers was from a bottle.

1. Ohma profile image61

No bottle here Red to the roots.

Mmmmmmmmmmm well, I like that idea.  I've liked every redhead I have met here in hp SO FAR that is.

2. Mutiny92 profile image65
    Mutiny92posted 14 years ago

its my dog.  He looks dead, but isn't.  That would be a bit morbid!  I put his picture up there because my wife "inadvertently" deleted pictures of me on the computer.  I am still not sure about that one!  ;-)

1. Ohma profile image61

Cant really see him so well from his color I would guess Black Lab but The I think his nose is to long and pointed so maybe Lab and Shepherd mix?
      I think wifey did not want all us hubber females fawning over the real you pics.

1. Mutiny92 profile image65
        Mutiny92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehe - he is a cocker spaniel - and you are too flattering!  Looks like i will need to change the picture since it is hard to see the little guy!

3. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

One morning I was sitting in my taxi cab at the Tuscany Hotel on Flamingo Blvd. looking East and seen the prettiest sunrise ever. So I had to take several pictures to capture the moment.

This was about 2 or 3 years when California had a big wildfire and a lot of ash was in the air blowing towards Vegas. All of this material in the air made the sunrise very colorful. This picture is just as it appeared, no photoshopping at all besides removing excess noise.

I like how you can see the outline of a low flying jet headed towards McCarran Airport about 2 miles away.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/2657446_177.jpg

1. Ohma profile image61

That must have been something to see in real time. kin of a once in a life time thing. so fortunate you had your camera.

4. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Just me!!
    Am thinking of being Wonder Woman next month lol.

Well, as a blond you would make a better Invisible Woman; I'd say.

2. Dolores Monet profile image96
      Dolores Monetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really like Nurse Blondepoet. Just a bit of a change but still recognizable as you.

5. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 14 years ago

This is a pic of me on a dark night with make-up on (i usually don't wear make-up). I have a scarf on which symbolizes that I'm having a moody day.  It represents one of my many masks. 

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:tcOg3_t5P6LQxM:http://www.deviantart.com/download/117654851/Behind_the_mask_by_Sinned_angel_stock.jpg

1. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Looks like if you weren't having a moody day you'd have been having a chilly day!

2. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very creative and quite beautiful really. smile

3. profile image54
      probafixposted 14 years ago

Planet from Aliens..

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Invisible planet from aliens, too.

4. QuirkyPearl profile image59
      QuirkyPearlposted 14 years ago

This is me.
      After weeks of work and no play I looked forward to a night out with some girl friends, I couldn't wait to change my shopping list from 3 bags of gravel, myplex, nails, wood and a tin of cuprinol to Lipstick, Lingerie, Mascara, and perfume, then swap my muddy boots for high heels. Something unexpected happened and I was not able to go with the girls after all, feeling rather disappointed I dressed up anyway and had a picnic in my bathroom, this photograph was one of a collection that told the story of my night in, and I posted it to a friend.

Why in the bathroom?

1. QuirkyPearl profile image59
          QuirkyPearlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not?  however if you have ever listend to Bear Mountain Picnic by Bob Dylan the idea kind of springs from there.

"Why not?"

'Cause that's where you crap?

1. QuirkyPearl profile image59
              QuirkyPearlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's also a place for bathing, relaxing, candles and essential oils, a place of beauty and tranquility, but then that's my bathroom experiences, yours like your attitude stinks!

But you do crap there, right?

1. thisisoli profile image71
                  thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i like to think of it as getting back to nature, my glass is half full tongue

but half full of what ~ ?

1. thisisoli profile image71
                      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Depends on what you were doing while my back was turned you dirty bugger!

5. Iamsam profile image59
      Iamsamposted 14 years ago

no comments

6. videl05 profile image42
      videl05posted 14 years ago

Mine is just for fun, I love the strong colors and those tropical fishes in the painting.

7. Ohma profile image61
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Wow again I leave for an hour or so and come back to too many to reply to. So thank you everyone for sharing.

8. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

well.....OBVIOUSLY, this cat avatar isn't me.  it was a picture i used on my poem, "in war there are no winners", on here a while back.  I liked it so much, I decided to use it as my main avatar.  i used to change my avatar up pretty frequently of different films set to be released, since I review movies on here mostly.  however, most people tended to like this avatar of the kitty with a gun better, so i kept it.  sadly, the LEAST popular avatar i used was myself a while back.  as most people didn't even bother to say anything about it.  lol.  i guess im no where near as handsome as i thought i was....(sighs)...oh well.  lol.  anyway, that's the story behind my avatar.

9. Ohma profile image61
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Thanks Steven I do like your cute little kitten but maybe I will get tp see the real you one day.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe. well if you want, you can always looks at my unemployment log 1 hub, if you want to see it.  i would post a link to it, but i don't want to get in trouble with the hubpages staff.  lol.

1. Ohma profile image61

You are to hard on yourself. That is a perfectly fine picture.

1. profile image0
            Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks ohma. i appreciate you saying that.  it's very nice of you.  smile

10. Ohma profile image61
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Have to take a look at that 1 smile

11. Arthur Fontes profile image73
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

That is my GSD "Max" in my avi.
      He is what is keeping me grounded. If it were not for him coming into my life I probably would not be here with you today.

12. Ohma profile image61
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Wow Authur I am so glad you have him. Would be sad without you here.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image73
        Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank You Ohma

13. ruanz3 profile image59
      ruanz3posted 14 years ago

Yup, good old me smile

14. Missi Darnell profile image60
      Missi Darnellposted 14 years ago

My avatar is me about ten years ago i guess with less wrinkles. lol

15. Mama Sez profile image62
      Mama Sezposted 14 years ago

He's our 3rd child.  I find his expression in this picture so cute that I thought of using it.

16. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

in honor of my dog itchy, who just passed away a couple of weeks ago.  i decided to officially change my avatar to one of his pictures.  no longer will the sniper kitty be around anymore, as many of you seem to liked a lot over the time i've had it on hubpages.  however, my love for my dog itchy goes beyond that, so i hope you all will understand when i say you'll never see me use that sniper kitty avatar again. itchy will now be my avatar, and this day forward.

1. profile image0
        pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As it should be hun. May he rest in peace

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks pinky.  i appreciate you supporting me.  smile

1. profile image0

YW and of course anytime ... What are friend for right? wink

1. profile image0

yeah, that's true.  smile  wink so how you been pinky? i haven't seen you in ages.

1. profile image0

eh I been good considering everything that has happened in the last 2 months .. how have you been other than upset? the jobs going good?

1. profile image0

i've been doing okay other than that.  i was contemplating going back to school this coming semester, but i still need to organize my schedule though.  as it's hard enough trying to balance out both jobs as it is.  lol.  however, im doing fine.  im sorry to hear about your mom, and i hope she feels better soon.  she's a great person.  be sure to tell her i hope she feels better soon.

1. profile image0

I will tell her. Thanks. I hope things work out the way you want them to

1. profile image0

so how are things going in hubpages lately?  I haven't been on here too much, so has anything new happen?

17. Info Bucket profile image64
      Info Bucketposted 13 years ago

My avatar is the pic of an actress here in India, i chose this coz she is my most fav ever.

18. climberjames profile image56
      climberjamesposted 13 years ago

My avatar is me wakeboarding smile

19. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 13 years ago

My avatar is me, as i am... though I sometimes wish I had chosen one of those mysterious avatars that always leave you wondering who's actually behind them...and do not distract - not sure if that's the exact word I want - in any way from one's writing. Anyway, too late now! smile

20. Chaotic Chica profile image61
      Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

My last one (with the eye framed in blue) was me-I was messing around with with my new photo shop tool.

This one is my inner-me, how I see myself, skinny, alert, a tad sassy and definately laid back! All but the first one apply (and I'm a bit more than a tad sassy) but you get the idea!

21. theirishobserver. profile image60
      theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

its a little swallow that fell out of its nest in my work shop smile

1. Stimp profile image59
        Stimpposted 13 years agoin reply to this

CUTE!!!

22. Stimp profile image59
      Stimpposted 13 years ago

"Stimpson J. Dwag"...aka Stimp was the name of my 17 year old Pomeranian who I laid to rest over a year ago.  Thus, the name Stimp.  Firstly, to remain genderless on the forums (many assume based on my comments that I'm of one gender or the other and are surprised when they REALLY find out the truth). And, Secondly, in his honor.

The avatars, however, are of his predecessor Timmy (Timmy, being a derivative of the name sTIMp).  Timmy is a mini American Eskimo and has ADHD. 

Stimp's death devastated me (I had two others very close to me pass that same year) and receiving Timmy was the greatest gift that Stimp could have "sent" me in his after life.

So, there ya have it.

The only "Stimp" avatar seen here is one I use at Christmas time.  Of Stimp in a christmas hat taken 18 years ago.

23. profile image0
      sarahsherlockposted 13 years ago

Mine reminds me of when I was thinner! Simple as that smile

24. akirchner profile image93
      akirchnerposted 13 years ago

Mine is me last September with my then 'tiny' 5-month-old Griffin the malamute.  I was sitting outside a cafe where I met up with one of my favorite boyfriends from high school.  I was terrified of meeting him after 40+ years but it turned out to be one of the best times of my life.  He snapped the pic and I will treasure it always.  He caught me actually looking 'calm' as I seldom am in that state!  He took some wonderful pics and I will always treasure the avatar because it was so nice to meet up with him and realize that we were still the same people! It was also that much better because my husband was with me and got to meet someone I'd always talked about and wanted to settle 'unfinished business' with!  And it involved Griffin - the other love of my life!

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yearly party we have here called The Flamingo Fling.  People dress in pink, some even die their hair.  One guy died his moustache too :-)

I found this wig in a drawer,  we don't  remember where it came from.

A friend snapped the pic and sent it to me.  My wife may not have forgiven her for that :-)

25. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Mine is our dog Cassie. We had to give her away last September but I still miss her. We went away for 4 months and couldn't take her with us. But we found a good home for her with a couple of kids, out in the country. Very nice family.
      I just wish we didn't have to give her up but I know she is happy with them.

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sad  Its hard isn't it? You are happy and relieved your dog is safe and happy, but you still miss them. Maybe when yoru ready you coudl get a new one?

1. Diane Inside profile image73
          Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I have been thinking about it, but not ready to commit just yet.  I really want another dog but It just feels funny to get another after having to give her up. It just doesn't feel fair to her.  Although I'm sure she never thinks about us. But it is just a weird feeling, I feel like I betrayed my dog.

Anyway maybe we will get another eventually.

1. profile image0

I would say wait 'till your good and ready. You didn't betray her, you did the best you could with what you had. It gets better. smile

1. Diane Inside profile image73
              Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks  I know I actually feel silly for feeling this way at all. But thanks for your  support.  She was a shelter dog so I know any home is better that what she was in. 

I will when I'm ready, I know my husband would like one as well. He just doesn't say much about it because I cried for days when she went to her new home.

Thanks again, you are very compassionate.

1. profile image0

awww. Your welcome. Gotta run, but dont ever feel silly for how you feel.

26. Mom Kat profile image78
      Mom Katposted 13 years ago

My Avatar is a picture of me, taken at my fiance's birthday dinner.  I rarely dress up, so I like this photo of me because I'm "gussied up".
      I show my real picture because I feel it helps my readers connect with who I am.  I enjoy seeing the face behind the words, so I offer that same respect back to others.

27. camlo profile image85
      camloposted 13 years ago

I was totally drunk when this one was taken.
      A group of friends and I were going home from a hard night out, singing 'Proud Mary' all through the streets of Cologne. For some reason, I jumped on a brand new BMW, and had my photo taken. I still can't believe how well it turned out ... considering the state I was in.
      The friend who took the photo wrote the lyrics of 'Proud Mary' on the back of it before sending it to me.

28. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years ago

can you believe this avatar is a gift sent to me, by a hubber, the photo is the gift.  So cute, i bring it out every now and again.

1. Mom Kat profile image78
        Mom Katposted 13 years agoin reply to this

awwwww that is so sweet!

1. Joy56 profile image67
          Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i know can you believe it.

29. Smart Rookie profile image60
      Smart Rookieposted 13 years ago

I've always been uncomfortable with putting photos of myself online, but my avatar is who I am in the sense that I drew it myself. It fits my user name, although I sometimes I regret choosing it.

30. anonimuzz profile image60
      anonimuzzposted 13 years ago

My avatar is just a picture of my youngest dog when she was about two or three weeks old. I put her because I didn't want to put a picture of myself and I also didn't feel like googling for the weird avatars I usually put on other places, lol. Not too interesting a story, I guess. Anyway, she's now 14 months old and is still living with me, just like her mother, which is over 3 and half years old.

31. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-dove-with-the-golden-heart

this is a poem that i*n*v*i*c*t*u*s Wrote for me, using the picture, that Cris A had done for me, it brings back great memories, from my days as Poet Lorraine.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)