If you do yoga, you are playing with fire

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (201 posts)
  1. janesix profile image61
    janesixposted 10 years ago

Yoga is one of Satan's ways to seduce you into giving up your soul to him. Not the only way by far, but it certainly seems to be one of his favorites. It is even taught in schools and churches now.

Meditation, mudras (specific hand signs and body postures) and mantras are specifically designed to get your brain to a certain state of conciousness, where he can then influence your thinking.

Eventually, if you are foolish enough to continue this practice to it's culmination, you will lose your soul. Possibly this only means that you will have to reincarnate and remain on this Earth, but it could mean you lose your soul for good. It is basically making a deal with the devil. In fact, that is what it literally is.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There isn't an emoticon or words that could describe the massiveness and magnitude of just how ridiculous and hilarious that comment.

Grown adults, indeed. lol

janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can't stand you ATM, but I really hope you never experience this for yourself. I don't think you are a bad person. I wouldn't wish anything bad to happen to you.

I do yoga as part of my exercise program. I'm not a big fan of yoga because it is hard to do, but I know the benefits of yoga do wonders to my physical being, giving me flexibility, balance and strength.

If that is Satan's doing, then bring it on. smile

I suppose you know what kechari is,then?

2. janesix profile image61

And how about tantra?

Most of that is just mumbo jumbo.

It is yoga.

Yoga MEANS "yoking to God" or "union with God"

it is a Hindu religious practice.

But it is really just a way for satan to get you into a union with him.

1. profile image0
                  HowardBThinameposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wait a sec...you said it meant "yoking to God." If that's true, perhaps trying to get away from yoga is an attempt to get away from God. It's obvious from your description that God loves yoga and Satan hates yoga.

You chose wrongly, I fear.

2. IslandBites profile image88
      IslandBitesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL

3. profile image0
      Deepes Mindposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wait, what??

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm looking forward to when she researches and debunks the reincarnation idea.    She'll get there,  I bet.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
          Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

he and he'll

1. profile image0

Do you mean janesix is a man?

4. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not that I want to make a deal with the devil, but just once in my life I would love to have an experience that helps threads like this make sense. Honestly, I thought it was a joke. I've practiced yoga. I have no idea how you came up with this.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... thanks for the laugh...

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

If a calming exercise routine is enough to make you lose control of your mind, then you have a really effing weak mind in the first place, and so nothing of value was lost.

I don't think you really know what yoga is. It's hardly a "calming excersize routine".

1. profile image0

LOL,

I think you watch too many movies.

Why don't you go study what yoga really consists of before you lololol me.

1. profile image0

I took yoga classes for years and all it did was help me relax after a day of work and keep me in great physical shape. The instructor left town about 7 years ago - so there went my yoga class, but I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to get in shape.

No hocus pocus to it at all.

Not everything that is different is evil.

It's just different.

Sometimes, it behooves us to get out from behind the curtain and join the world of the living.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is if that is how you do it.  Plenty of people use it as exercise, or exercise and meditation and nothing more.

Others use it as part of their religion, and Hindus are *not* Satanists or some front for Satanism.  Suggesting otherwise would be very prejudiced.

Perhaps you should consider that you, personally, had an idiosyncratic bad experience--and it does not have huge implications for yoga, Hindus are indeed anyone but you.

Hindus aren't Satanists. Satan uses yoga as a means to manipilate people. People just don't realize it.

It starts out fine until your hands atart moving into mudras by themselves. It only gets worse from then on.

1. psycheskinner profile image83

For *you*.  Perhaps you should explore alternative explanations for your experiences before denigrating a practice of a major world religion and a leisure activity for millions more. Because either Satan is very wimpy, a lot of people are Satanists or influenced by Satan, or you got it wrong.  I know which I find more plausible.

It is hardly just me. A simple internet search should clue you into that.

You and a handful of other people who thought you saw Satan (assuming such a being exists) versus the other billion or so who find it a life enriching practice.

IMHO you seem like you were overexcited to it being a world-saving revelation and it backfired.  I find it helps with my muscle cramps, and it does.  Not sighting of Satan as yet.

And I hope you never do.

I think it is unlikely given that I don't even believe in him.  When it comes to things outside the physical world we tend to see things that we are open in some way to seeing. Especially as I do not put myself in extremely altered mental states.

2. profile image0
                Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have a hard time believing that you were 100% excited about this one day ago and now you are all of a sudden 100% against it. It seems to me as if you're playing some kind of a game. You can't twist facts to fit your needs. It is deceitful. (3, 2, 1... enter ATM.)

2. profile image0

If your hands are moving in ways you don't want them to move - perhaps you should see a medical doctor. It could be the first sign of a debilitating condition.

3. profile image0
        jonnycomelatelyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How would you know?  You have never tried it, obviously.

3. janesix profile image61

Do you know what a krya is?

Detergent.

A krya ia a spontaneous movement. When this happens to you, perhaps you will believe me.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever heard of muscle memory?  Where one trains their muscles to move without conscious involvement from the mind?

Athletes use it (particularly fighters), machinery operators use it, and a great many people the world over use it when performing repetitive tasks.  It frees the mind to do other things while greatly speeding up reflexive action.

If you don't like the feeling of your limbs moving without conscious volition or think that training your own body to do so results in Satan moving your limbs FOR you, don't train yourself to move them that way. Problem solved.

1. stclairjack profile image77
            stclairjackposted 10 years agoin reply to this

if it werent for muscle memory no one would ever learn a musical instrument!.... agree completely

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Believing anything you say is highly unlikely.

2. profile image0

Wash your mouth out with it, ATM!

4. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

All the answers are within yourself.  Anything outside of your own mind is nothing more than your personal perceptions.  Do not blame outside forces for your existence.  All reality begins inside of your own mind.  Anything you think is unique.  No two people think the same. 

There are no mystical outside forces influencing your life.  It is you, it has always been you.

1. Vinaya Ghimire profile image79
      Vinaya Ghimireposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm a practicing Hindu, which means I practice meditation, yoga and tantra. Mudras and mantras are the parts of meditation and tantra. According to your definition I'm a Satanist, my father is satanist, my mother is Satanist, President and prime minister of my country are satanist, 80 percent of 24 million people in my country are Satanist. About 80 percent of 1.2 billion people in India are Hindus, and almost all Hindus practice some form of yoga and meditation. Buddhism also emphasizes on meditation, and madras are essential part of meditation. China, Japan and Korea are predominantly Buddhist. Chinese, Japanese and the Koreans practice meditation all the while their hands making some mudras.The world seems to be full of Satanist.

1. johndnathan profile image73
        johndnathanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm afraid so.
        I practice meditation to de-stress after work.

So I guess I'm a Satanist too.

Oh darn.

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What?

When or how did I make any reference to Satan?

Perhaps you responded to the wrong post?

1. Vinaya Ghimire profile image79
          Vinaya Ghimireposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was trying to respond to the person who created this thread. There was some connection problem and sadly my reply posted under the wrong post. Sorry about that.

1. profile image0

Maybe a journey out of the body that took the wrong turning, lol   lol

This thread is one of the most amazing and amusing I have ever seen.

1. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I find it amusing that the ads at the bottom of a thread about Satan using yoga to steal your soul are attempting to sell yoga pants and yoga services. If janesix is right, Satan isn't incredibly bright.

5. Nicholas Fiorito profile image69
    Nicholas Fioritoposted 10 years ago

Do you have any basis whatsoever for your argument and your faith, or do you merely regurgitate empty and wild claims about things you know little about?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8306157_f248.jpg
      The human condition...............ah, .the psychology of it all!..The psychology of it all-oh the humanity!

6. profile image53
    SirJackSullivanposted 10 years ago

I think the funniest part of this discussion is when you brought up that "krya" is a spontaneous movement...of the devil, apparently. Do you think all Penetcostal Christians are going to Hell too because of their spontaneous bursts into "speaking in tongues" and dancing in church?
    Just wondering.

1. profile image0

Oh for sure!

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

BTW spreading untruths is abuse of freedom of speech.
    So, thanks for nothing... on this topic.

1. profile image0
      riddle666posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Then stop doing that, please.

-who are you to request that of me.

1. profile image0

So you can "abuse" freedom of speech, only others shouldn't do it?

So sorry.
            Who am I to argue with anyone? Who are we to argue amongst ourselves.
            Instead, lets vote to see how many agree that Yoga is Bad vs. those who agree that Yoga is Good. I vote that it is good. Thats one vote for Yoga: Good.
            Any votes for Yoga: Bad?

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8302291_f248.jpg
              Oh boy, oh boy, this is ....RICH! Yoga is bad?  C'mon now!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8302277_f248.jpg
              ANOTHER one ! What will be next?  Yoga as the source of ALL EVIL?  Give me a break, man!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8301025_f248.jpg
              I told you not to say anything, why didn't YOU listen!  It's pointless!  What DID I tell you?

2. profile image0

I like Durian, so is it good or bad?

Good for... what?
                Bad for... what?

(Thanks for the excellent analogy, R6.)
                Durian is Bad for the sense of smell. 
                Good for the sense of taste.

Yoga is Good for those who wish to develop their awareness and love of reality within and without.
                Yoga is and Bad for those who idolize sloths.

1. profile image0

Yoga is good for those who want to exercise but want peace and avoid gym. Reality has nothing to do with yoga.
                  Yoga is bad for those who want muscles and not flexibility.

Reality does indeed have something to do with Yoga. Most people don't realize this fact, but its a fact, nonetheless.
                    BTW Where does Durian grow? I have never heard of it!

2. psycheskinner profile image83

That's how public discussions do.  People say stuff, other people heed, engage or ignore it to the extent pleases them.  The same applies to advising people not to do yoga because Satan will get them.

+1,000,000,000,000,000-oh the folly of it all!
            http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8300935_f248.jpg

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Tell us about the god untruth some more. smile

8. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

This is getting so interesting to say the least!

9. gmwilliams profile image84

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8301025_f248.jpg

This is getting....GOOD! Let's SEE where THIS is going......

10. EclecticHoosier profile image72
    EclecticHoosierposted 10 years ago

This is satire, right?  Tell me this is satire.....

1. profile image0

Maybe, but I feel there's a little confused thinking here somewhere, might even extend to something deeper.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8301531_f248.jpg

I'M  AFRAID IT'S NOT SATIRE........IT'S VERY, VERY REAL...........IT'S DEEP ALRIGHT, KNEE DEEP...

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

Any votes for Yoga: Good?
    Any votes for Yoga: Bad?

I would guess that its already about
      5 Good
      2 Bad.
      ...at this point the blue butterfly has been out voted and has apparently flown away.

1. profile image0

Can't go by polls.
        Lotsa people don't vote in polls.
        If they were to vote in this "poll".........I believe most people who know the Bible's intent and heed its warnings about things of the Devil.......would indeed "vote" against yoga.
        The Bible says to give no place to the Devil.    It also says to meditate on God's word.     Other types of meditation do what janesix says (leaves your mind "blank" or open to other thoughts (repetitive thoughts, even!) besides the word of God.    The Word says we should exercise self-control,  that we can even control our own thoughts (or at least control how far we go with our thoughts).   Inviting just anything or anyone into our minds isn't good.

And it's my understanding that yoga is a specifically Hindu exercise,  even though it may have been "adopted" or supposedly adopted by others in an attempt at using it for a different "spiritual" exercise including Christianity...........the thing is,  if it were a Biblically-condoned exercise,  then it wouldn't be called "yoga" at all.

1. profile image0

Brenda, your post here is a very vivid example of the closed, narrow mind of a born again christian, in my view.

It seems you know nothing about yoga and meditation for a start. Otherwise you would have no need to say things like:  "...heed its (the bible's) warnings about things of the Devil..." 
          "It also says to meditate on God's word."  Really? !!  Where, and in which translation?
          And: " repetitive thoughts, even! "  Are you talking here about bible study and prayer meetings, where there is repetition ad infinitum ?  ("We just pray Lord..."  "We just ask you Lord...."  "Hallelujah!!!  Hallelujah" etc.)
          Those hymns that are sung, week after week, I can imagine your god getting sick of hearing them... so glib and un-meaningful.
          "... that we can even control our own thoughts ..."  and even to the extent that you close off your minds to anything new, to the entire beautiful world that you are blessed with and, instead, concentrate on combating the "evil" that you are obsessed with!
          Compared with the Sanskrit texts and the enlightened understanding it can give to human nature, your very bible and the charlatans that try to interpret it for their own ends, are the epitomy of evil.
          Hope you are not too disappointed with these truths.... they can be a bit uncomfortable to stomach.

The real truth is that this world is big enough and diverse enough to encompass your views, and my views, and those of Muslims, and Hindus, and Christians, and Pagans, and Wiccans.... you name it.  There is room for all of our points of view.   But presumably not in the minds of narrow, blinkered, fanatical christians.  Am I right?

1. profile image0

You're right that there is room in this world, indeed!  But not in the Spiritual world of a Christian.    We are in this world,  we must live here,  but we aren't to be "of" this world.

I might be "disappointed" indeed IF those things you said WERE Truths of life.    But they are not.

You asked what Scripture tells us to meditate on God's word.
            1Timothy 4: 15 is one.

Also Philippians 4:8

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

There are other Scripture passages that speak to the issue of meditating on the Bible's words.   Do you want those too?

Yoga is the science of union with God. It ain't bad
              - at all.

1. profile image0

Biblically, the "union with God" goes through Jesus the Savior.   He is the mediator between God and man, the only valid mediator.     Yoga isn't a Christian activity,  by its very definition even.   

Now, I do think a Christian can exercise repetitively and even "meditate" as long as it's Bible-based meditation or even just thinking about good things, OR even leaving one's mind restful and free of cluttered thoughts, etc.   But yoga by definition isn't just thinking good things nor necessarily just restful pause in thoughts,  it's specifically a Hindu (anti-Christian) exercise that opens one's mind up to spiritualism but not Spiritualism (Godly things, the Holy Spirit).

2. profile image0

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

A really inspired paragraph to read, learn and inwardly digest.   Do you really suppose Paul was talking about the "New Testament" which in those days had not even been written?

Do you suppose Paul would be pleased with the narrow- and closed-minded attitudes of today's christians?   

Do you really suppose that the god you worship, one that is constricted and limited by christian ideas and prejudice, is really worth worshipping?  You will get the god you deserve!

12. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 10 years ago

I think this thread is meant to parody a certain other poster who frequents the religion forum. Here are some Satanic animals for your enjoyment.

http://mindjunks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/up-dog-french-bulldog.jpg

http://decentpics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/4-Animals-Doing-Yoga.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/719f9ad46060309cf01c98a064781efb/tumblr_mkj6uwpLEA1rkh3gdo1_500.jpg

http://pcdn.500px.net/31503281/88fca7e7a14bb815306e65cd2ce5c71e1fd0e347/4.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Va4_0Abqbhk/UEsG1E527OI/AAAAAAAAB50/zhstSEI--Ic/s400/chair+.jpg

bunnies, squirrels, ringtail lemurs, chihuahuas and oh my gosh, even sloths?! - all tuning in to s s s S a t a n.
      Yikes

Those animals are so CUTE......

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Watching some one who believes in talking snakes and people coming back to life making fun of some one who believes Yoga is the work of Satan? Priceless. big_smile

2. profile image0

At least 4 of those have Guru potential!

I'll take Sensei Sloth.

13. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

I hate it when I forget I can unsubscribe from a thread.

Beth, YOU did not forget.  You know this thread is SUCH FUN!
      http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8309104_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

How come when you click on "unfollow" it still notifies you?
        (sigh)

If you click unfollow and you respond, it automatically follows unless when you've finished posting, you uncheck the follow this forum discussion box.

14. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 10 years ago

By the way,   jonnycomelately.........
    from some of the things you said in your post, I take it that you think I'm a "fanatical" Christian?........
    Honestly.......if anything, I'm one of the least-strict Christians!   I don't think Christians have to dress any specific way except to be decent,   I don't think smoking is a sin,   I don't think drinking is a sin (but being a drunk is),  I think it's okay to joke around some as long as it's not indecent humor,  I watch regular tv shows lots of times (but I can discern when they go too far or if they could lead impressionable people astray),  I believe one can be a Christian and not be a member of a church or go to church every Sunday etc.,   I'm not picky about what kinds of foods people eat or how much,  I'm apt to challenge any Pastor or preacher's words from the pulpit or off,  etc. and etc.  on so many things.
    I've pretty much decided that a lot of strict Christians probably view me as quite heathenish!   But I don't really care.   I only care about what whether a person is saved or unsaved.   I want people to go to heaven.
    I do, however, take the Bible very seriously, and I know that proper interpretation of it is critical in most areas, and I take spiritual/Spiritual things very seriously.    Any activity that can have a detrimental and deceitful effect on people are very important things to me.

1. profile image0

Thank you Brenda, it's good to know that I am not addressing you in regard to fundamentalism, and I respect your path.
      However, I do stick to my point here, that to judge yoga and meditation from a position of ignorance needs to be addressed.
      You will find, if you are interested enough to look into it, that there are many christian people who have learned some wonderful insights about spirituality from performing yoga and learning good meditation techniques.   Vipassana meditation, with a strong Buddhist element, can be practised by anyone, of any religion, any faith, without having to drop their faith.   The world of learning is infinite.

1. profile image0

Here again, I'm not interested (matter of fact, I'm strongly opposed to) in a mix of religions nor religious activity.   While what I told you is true, and I'm not a strict Christian as far as earthly things that don't matter,  I am for sure set on only Christian modes of practicing "spirituality".    There is only one "spirit" that I'm gonna follow in any way, shape, or form, and that is the Holy Ghost.     The mixing isn't good.   It confuses people.  And the God I follow isn't the author of confusion.    Christians need to have a fixed mind and motivation and set of actions.     There's a verse in the Bible that talks about our minds and hearts being fixed on the Lord.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

- what is deceitful in this arena is the lie that Yoga is in any way a gateway to "Satan."  Yoga teaches that meditation on God, or loving God, (through being still and being with God)) helps bring God directly into one's consciousness and life. It is all about the "lamp of the body" (..."thine eye be single...") which Jesus clearly referred to. In fact, Jesus taught a meditation technique.
      All Yoga exercise helps to energize the body and assists in conscious realization of the source of the life-force within...  which of course is the energy of God. Scientifically speaking, all is God.  Yoga meditation and exercise helps individual awareness in becoming increasingly more sensitive and aware of the essence of God within and without.
      So evil!

1. profile image0

Ah, and here we get to the nitty gritty for real.
        You speak of the "energy of God" and "all is God" and "in and out"..........
        Nope.   All is not God.   God is a specific Being, a specific entity.  He is not the same as other "gods" and He is not "in" everything and everything is not in Him.    He is not non-specific.  He is very knowable in many many ways.   The Bible tells us a lot about Him.   And one thing He is not......is non-specific.

What "meditation technique" is it that you think Jesus taught, you said?

1. profile image0

So, Brenda, you are indeed a narrow minded, fundamentalist christian!

1. profile image0

I suppose so.   Amen!
            The way is strait (narrow), my mind is closed to false and anti-Christ ideas, and I do believe in the fundamentals of Christianity.
            I am fixed on the Word.    I make no apology for that.

There is more to the Word than meets the eye. Many things recorded about Jesus have been buried away in the dead sea scrolls or thrown away by Christian reformers. He referred to God as Mother, as well. This is a reference to Mother Nature. God, as Mother Nature, is therefore in everything. You do not have to believe all this. The Bible is good enough for devoted Christians. Its all Good.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Can you tell me where I can find these things that have been thrown away please?

They were thrown away as in gone gone gone. The Dead Sea scrolls however, are still intact. That's where Jesus's reference to God as Mother was discovered. I read this in a book I had, but I lost it.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

So - how do you know what was written in them? And what do the dead sea scrolls say about Jesus exactly?

2. profile image0

Um......that sounds rather condescending, really.  LOL.
                If there were such a radical thing as Scriptural proof that Jesus referred to God as "Mother".......then that would be something that would've been included in the Bible for every Christian to know.
                It's not just that the Bible we "regular" Christians have is "good enough";   it is that it is the complete word of God.

I simply love it (not) when people claim to know or to know of some great, mysterious,  extraneous verses or writings that aren't in the Bible yet are being touted as divine Scripture.

Oh my, I gotta laugh again!     You think "Mother Nature" is God?    And that she is "in everything"?
                Well, you're right about one thing----Christians don't have to believe that!  ha.   And indeed no Bible-believing person would.

No it wouldn't.  The men who translated and compiled the books of the bible would never, every have included any such radical notion that might degrade the importance and superiority of the male gender.

1. profile image0
                    MysticMoonlightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. profile image0

Ok Brenda. Would you like to describe to me what you see as the attributes of your god?
                  I.e., what is worthy of worship?

3. profile image0

"Regular " Christians? How would you define what is "regular"?

4. profile image0
                  MysticMoonlightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Who are you to question what other people's God is, Brenda? God may not be to other people what it is to you and saying such things as this will likely cause issues with people that may see God differently than you. If there are people that believe that God is in everything and they revere that as "Mother Nature"  why can't you just let them believe what they want, no harm done, instead of feeling the need to CORRECT them or their beliefs? Frankly, it is none of anyone's business how others see God, what's it to you? Why do you care? Christians get offended when non-believers laugh at their idea of God yet here you are doing the very same thing. Superiority complex within some mainstream religions is often the cause for much debate and toe-stepping. Laughing at the possible believe that others may have is unbecoming of anyone, this applies to Christians too.

1. profile image0

God is God.   There is no other.   He is not "Mother Nature".   You bet, yes, I do laugh at such silly notions as God being "Mother Nature",  and I neither owe nor make any apology for being sensible and following the Bible's Truths.

2. profile image0

Then I conclude that your god is Brenda-made.

1. profile image0

Au contraire.
                I am wonderfully made by God.

3. profile image0

Can you imagine this scenario?   

It's snowing heavily outside.   You race out into the cold air and frantically manage to catch only 8 snow flakes.

You come back in and tell everyone:  "It's not snowing very much.  I have only seen 8 snow flakes.  Even they did not last for long.  You will just have to take my word for it that I caught 8."

I would say
                if it's provable to oneself, it's provable enough!

Very true.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/115329#post2456853

Although I might add that the level of proof leading to belief varies greatly from person to person.

- yes, as per jonny's illustration. lol!

15. gmwilliams profile image84

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8301531_f248.jpg

This is getting more bizarrely interesting ...............

Am I handsome yet? will this photo prove it...
      to me?

16. Shanna11 profile image74
    Shanna11posted 10 years ago

Dude, Yoga is like the most chill thing ever (excuse the inherent teenager-isms in that sentence). After a long workout, there is nothing more relaxing than deep stretching and breathing that cools me down. Plus, I'm not flexible at all naturally, and yoga has helped me become so much more flexible. It's a great exercise for your body.

17. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 10 years ago

...where'd the OP go?....lost in meditation....or some entity took over?

OP - have some faith in yourself....and turn on some rock and roll...just don't listen to the lyrics backwards.....................................................................

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8312089_f248.jpg

(Sometimes God's presence seems feminine to me, Brenda. I heard the words in my mind: (once while meditating with love on God)
        " I care about you."
        And this is something I can't prove...)

1. profile image0

Sure God loves you!
          Are you saying you heard those words in a feminine tone, or what?
          At any rate, there's no Biblical reason to think that God is feminine.
          And the term "Mother Nature" is simply a metaphorical description of nature;  it doesn't mean that Nature is an actual Being.........

1. stclairjack profile image77
            stclairjackposted 10 years agoin reply to this

i CAN say that father time has a very harsh male tone in my ear,... whispering to me,... "your getting old B**ch!"..... so who knows right? ha!

1. profile image0

Ah, now we're on the subject of "Father Time", eh?  ha.   Of course there is no such Being.   But your post did remind me of the authoritarian ways of most Fathers!    And it's a good thing!    I remember that all my Dad had to do was pat his foot and chide us with his tone, not having to really even say a word, and we listened!    And it wasn't because he was mean or rough or anything like that.  It was actually that his loving and steady and firm treatment of us, and the example of the way he lived his life, commanded respect.

2. gmwilliams profile image84

You are NOT getting old, you're getting better.  You are saging, not aging.  Time is nothing but a welcoming caress.  Time is a friend, a teacher.
              http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8300874_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8295126_f248.jpg

2. profile image0

Whether God is male or female, it's metaphorical - doesn't mean it' s an actual being

1. profile image0

If you think so, that's your issue, not mine.
              God is real.  He is the Creator.   All of His creation is real, not metaphorical.   We can look around us anytime and know that.

1. profile image0

We? Speak for yourself.  Then whatever you choose to believe can be respected.
                My view of the world is valid for me.  If we can honour the views of eah other it helps. Don't you agree?

1. profile image0

I don't do "wishy-washy" nor ear-tickling on this subject.
                  Once a person finds the Truth, they should fix their minds on it.   Otherwise, as "janesix" warned,  there is room for false ideas to enter and detract from what's been learned.   Playing with fire, indeed.

1. profile image0

Brenda,  in my opinion your attitude has no resemblance to the person whom you apparently hold up as your spiritual guide.  Maybe you are hiding from your inner truth, and your blinkered view is intended to impress others of your standing with your god.   Whichever way you want to view it you will find no coverts here.  But certainly it gives us further understanding of human nature.  How obstinate the mind can be.

My opinion is, of course, neither right nor wrong --- like me, it just is.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

I agree, Jonny. and it is not wishy washy to me. It is thinking and contemplating. It is being internally alive. Fish have fins, humans have  brains/minds.

In order to grow, one must be eternally inquisitive and to always question the religious status quo.   After all, religions all man-made, tailored specifically for the respective cultural and societal times.  Religions were not made in stone nor are they sacrosanct.   Religious rules and doctrines are wholly dependent upon what particular person makes the rules and his modus operandi.   Everyone knows that the Bible was written by MEN.  Everyone also knows who has thoroughly studied history that the Bible has undergo many revisions.    The Bible has been restructed according to the religious authorities of the time and to suit their power modus operandi.   Also, I would like to add that God is totally beyond gender. GOD JUST IS..........  One can say that GOD is both MALE and FEMALE.
                    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8314826_f248.jpg

18. HermeticDestiny profile image60
    HermeticDestinyposted 10 years ago

Everyone has free will to practice what they choose. If your a good loving person that's what matters. Judging others based on indoctrination and ignorance is sinful.

1. profile image0

Welcome to HubPages.

Yes, I agree with what you have said -- up to a point.

This matter of free will is a most valuable facility we have.  It needs to be protected, but not at the expense of intelligence and fair play.  Maybe I should explain that a bit more.

Free will to choose a mate, within the context of cultural expectation.   If you live in a society which has traditionally accepted "arranged" marriage by the family, then you might be willing to go along with it and sacrifice a bit of your free will.

Free to worship or not worship a higher entity, or god, without bullying from your family or neighbour.

Free to vote for the politician or political party of your choice....the secret ballot is the most precious tool in any successful democracy.  NO ONE has a right to know who I voted for.  This helps to keep the tyrants and dictators out.

Free to read any book and make your own judgement on what you read.   You will need to educate your self on the background and the reasoning behind who ever wrote the book, if you want to arrive at what it really means.

I honour all the above and try to be consistent in my application of allowing freedom, because I want to claim such freedoms myself and must allow others the same choice.

The major problem I find with statements like that which prompts this discussion board, is with the narrow, adamant, stubborn mindset that takes on board one particular point of view, says that view is the only one which has credibility and then sets about promoting that narrow view to vulnerable minds. 

Brenda and Janesix, and others like them, are every bit entitled to hold their respective views regarding god, salvation, Jesus, forgiveness, etc.  The problem I find is when they arrive at an understanding that fits with their indoctrination;  then they say "this is it, don't need to search or explore the world of possibilities any further," and close the door on any further knowledge.  To even contemplate worshiping such a constricted god is out of the question for me.  Yet their message is proselytized to others, even children, as being the moral code worth considering. 

This is why I cannot turn away when the very nature of Yoga and Meditation is questioned by ignorant people.

2. gmwilliams profile image84

Totally agree.  Each person has to follow his/her own path in life and spiritual evolution.  To tell another person what to BE and BELIEF is totally disrespectful to  him/her and is infringing upon the former's right to his/her unique and particular spiritual path.   It is also SELFISH of a person to dictate spiritually and/or ethically what another person should be because the former believes it to be.   

Many people believe that THEIR particular religious and/or ethical path to be THE ONLY legitimate one.  They routinely discount other people's spiritual and/or ethic paths because of their particular religious view.  They strongly portend that others who elect not to believe as they do are "in extreme error" and "need to change their ways before it's 'too late'".   People have the right to THEIR OWN spiritual and/or ethical perspectives.  Besides, people who consistently proseytize others have some deep, deep issues.  If others are happy with their particular spiritual or life path, DON'T be so SELFISH and IMMATURE to believe that it is ALL ABOUT YOUR SPIRITUAL PATH  to the EXCLUSION of others.  In other words, your particular spiritual path is NOT THE BE AND END ALL. 
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8317719_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

19. HermeticDestiny profile image60
    HermeticDestinyposted 10 years ago

I really couldn't have said it better myself. I think we as humans need to find ways to come together not further separate ourselves from one another.  Ignorance and judgments towards others shows your mentality. Then we wonder why  we're living in chaotic destructive psychopathic society.   Change starts with the "man in the mirror".

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000-couldn't have agreed with you more.  This is an excellent final note to hopefully END this thread!
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8318435.png

But I see you had fun bringing this thread up continuously while I was on my seven day ban...I mean vacation.

2. profile image0

I totally agree. We cannot change the world until we change the way we see the world. We cannot change the way we see the world until we change the way we see ourselves

1. profile image0

I also agree. So much negativity, I must  always come back to my presumtion there must be some kind of ordered and intelligent design (-er) that gives rise to this awesome world. Call this entity God if you like. He/She/It could not in any way be worried about me, a tiny speck in this infinite universe, falling in love with another man; or indulging in that beautiful communication called Yoga.

Interesting. What does yoga communicate?

Union with God... In Jonny's case, union with the the essence of Life.
            Right, Jonny?

How is that communication?

2. profile image0

Thanks Kathryn, yes, a good point.   I have just explained to Deepes in another Thread my understanding of "essence."

2. profile image0

With the center of your Being.  Your  pure Self.   From this place (infinite, I.e. undefineable) you may view the world and your purpose within it without distortion.  It is totally unselfish - it does not need to be, because from there it  is possible to know the One-ness of all.  It is The "I AM," of which Jesus spoke, so you see it is not anti-Christian.
            If you have a question about anything I have said it is not necessary for us to argue.  If you choose to do so, try meditation for yourself.  Find a good and caring teacher to guide you.  If some one wants payment for this service, just say no thanks and walk away.  They are wanting you to purchase your own soul.
            Through meditating you may find all the answers as they appertain to you specifc needs as they presnt to you at this moment in time.  Every moment is pure and precious.

20. janesix profile image61

I was wondering how many of you do kechari? it sounds kind of uncomfortable to me. Do you cut your tongue to do it? I was just wondering,as so many of you are into the gentle excersize that is yoga. And how in the hell do you fit your tongue UP into your nasal passsage? Sounds painful to me. And maybe even impossible?

How many of you are into tantra? Just curious. Do you go to tantra classes?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)