Hubpages just paid me $758 today!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (77 posts)
  1. Aneegma profile image69
    Aneegmaposted 9 years ago

Wow wow wow! I just love getting emails from hubpages!

I was gobsmacked when I got my payment from hubpages today and it state $758.17! I thought it was a mistake so I went into my earnings pages and discovered eBay has been very good to me this month!! I'm yet to earn from amazon but hubpages program and eBay are proving a hit this month for me. This is the largest amount I've ever earned on here so I'm a happy camper! smile

So thank you hubpages!! I'm going shopping now and drinks on me for all my friends here!!

Thank you all! smile

1. DreamerMeg profile image80
      DreamerMegposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. That's a lovely surprise!

2. drpennypincher profile image85
      drpennypincherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nice Payday!  Looks like eBay can still work...  Thanks for sharing your good news!

3. Cj Sarff profile image61
      Cj Sarffposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I just started three days ago, so pay will be a long time off for me, but I want to ask you how they will even pay me if they haven't asked for my bank account, or a paypal account, yet. I had a paypal account a long time ago; I don't remember the password, and don't even recall the user name I used (it was a handle of some sort which I had used on ebay). Now, I don't know how to retrieve that info if I don't know either one. I don't see anything in the FAQ about when and how to submit info for this site to pay me. You look friendly. I will ask you!
      ~Cj Sarff

Aneegmaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As far as I know you only get paid via paypal on here. So if you don't have a paypal account you wont be able to retrieve your earnings. On your account settings, if you haven't filled in any information, there's usually a page that prompts you to fill in adsense, amazon, ebay and Paypal details. I suggest you create a new paypal account and there is a link there to guide you on how to create a new account. At least that's how I remember it... hope this helps and welcome to Hubpages! smile

1. Cj Sarff profile image61
          Cj Sarffposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! smile

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
        ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Aneegma! That's wonderful! All the best and keep it up!

3. bethperry profile image84
        bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! That is quite impressive!

4. noenhulk profile image59
        noenhulkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow wow wow too! Congratulations! I am plan to use ebay on some of my hubs, in fact I already integrate it just now. I hope to earn any amount like you had too. You are lucky. Thanks for sharing.

5. profile image0
        KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What?? that is madly large amount, hahaha Congratulations!!!!

6. robhampton profile image92
        robhamptonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm pushing around 650.00 a month right now.  Congrats and welcome to the "over $500.00/month club"  (That is,  if there is such a club)

1. janshares profile image94
          jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Another one? You go!

2. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Pool care in the summer in a natural.  Does your traffic hold up over the winter?

1. robhampton profile image92
            robhamptonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No,  unfortunately it's quite opposite during the cool season.  I get about 5 months of really great payouts,  then it pretty much stops.

1. relache profile image73

That's what I expected to hear.  Good thing pool season is pretty long.

3. Aneegma profile image69

cooolll!! I feel so important lol lol lol

7. profile image0
        mbuggiehposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

8. NateB11 profile image89
        NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is definitely a pleasant surprise. Congrats!

9. Sunardi profile image67
        Sunardiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation, Aneegma. Good news. That motivate me to work well here.

10. marieloves profile image70
        marielovesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is amazing! Congrats!

11. lovebuglena profile image86
        lovebuglenaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am not part of the eBay program nor have I ever used it. I wonder if that is a mistake. Congrats on your achievement.

12. Christy Kirwan profile image90
        Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's great to hear! Well done and congrats. smile

4. electronician profile image78
      electronicianposted 9 years ago

Wow, that's really very impressive!

5. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91
      PurvisBobbi44posted 9 years ago

Hi,

I am so happy for you. Did you do the "Happy Dance?"
      If I had made that much---I would need to call 911.

Bobbi Purvis

lol lol lol!!! I think I did the ecstatic dance! traalalalalalala!!! big_smile

2. noenhulk profile image59
        noenhulkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

hahaha! Nice.

6. Bharath Sunny profile image60
      Bharath Sunnyposted 9 years ago

Congrats Aneegma.! I thought that Ebay no more pays For Hubbers.!

I thought so too. This is actually my first payout on ebay. I usually only make like $102 every month from adsense and HP program, so this was a big surprise indeed.

7. Maggie.L profile image86
      Maggie.Lposted 9 years ago

Wow, that's amazing. I haven't tried using ebay yet on hubpages. Congratulations on your great payout!

8. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

Congrats! Keep on writing.

9. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 9 years ago

Wow Aneegma, well done! I need some tips, I am still waiting to get to my first $50. I think I have made about $10 from eBay, nothing from Amazon, and a $20 so far from Hub Pages and adsense. I need some tips from you. I am impressed.

Hey John, to be totally honest, I haven't got the slightest clue how I ended up with those earnings!! All I do is write a hub once in a while and put ebay capsules on it and that's it really. I don't do any of those techie stuff on here neither do I do any marketing and anything. I'm guessing its probably the topics I write about is what people like to read. I too don't understand it all lol lol

10. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 9 years ago

No joke! That is quite impressive. I've been deleting all my eBay capsules. Perhaps I should rethink that. Thanks for sharing your success.
      Peg

11. alikhan3 profile image94
      alikhan3posted 9 years ago

Indeed, an inspiring success....

12. Victoria Anne profile image91
      Victoria Anneposted 9 years ago

What I wouldn't give to see that! Congrats Aneegma smile

13. LongTimeMother profile image91
      LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

And you deserve every dollar. lol. Good work. smile

Aww thank you!! and I'm using some of those dollars to buy you a drink!! big_smile tongue

14. Cheeky Kid profile image96
      Cheeky Kidposted 9 years ago

Wow Congrats! That's great! Me, I still have yet to apply for adsense gain (got rejected yesterday). Maybe you could share some tips. Hehehehe.

15. word55 profile image72
      word55posted 9 years ago

Congrats Aneegma!

16. Amy Naylor profile image79
      Amy Naylorposted 9 years ago

Wow! Good stuff, well done. It's success stories like this that keep me going!

17. PoeticPhilosophy profile image77
      PoeticPhilosophyposted 9 years ago

Wow, can I come party with you? lol.

18. Trisha Roberts profile image60
      Trisha Robertsposted 9 years ago

Woohoo! Congrats!!!

19. ronny2005 profile image66
      ronny2005posted 9 years ago

Congrats !

20. Aneegma profile image69
      Aneegmaposted 9 years ago

OK I realize if I reply to every single post I'll end up having no fingers from typing too much!! But thank you all for your lovely messages! Appreciate it smile smile

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image77
        PoeticPhilosophyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Psht, where's my invite?

tongue tongue tongue

21. Zelkiiro profile image86
      Zelkiiroposted 9 years ago

Holy crap! I've been here 2 years and have (apparently) only earned about $26.

I must learn more about this eBay revenue program.

22. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 9 years ago

I made over $900 in a day on ebay before...*sorta*...one of the expensive purchases was returned....sooooo I *only* made around $200 that day.

Ebay has ALWAYS been one of the best ways to make money on Hubpages....it's just not something one should expect to consistently earn an amount like Aneegma reports.

....unless one's just a lot better than me, which probably isn't hard to be.

23. Torrs13 profile image87
      Torrs13posted 9 years ago

That's amazing! Congratulations! I haven't used any eBay modules in my hubs yet, but maybe I will start incorporating them.

24. profile image0
      swilliamsposted 9 years ago

You're doing something right! Keep up the good work little lady! And now I really want my Chocolate Cake With Sprinkles! :-) (Good Stuff!)

You getting two rounds my girl!! Cheers!! tongue

25. susi10 profile image96
      susi10posted 9 years ago

Wow!! That is a stunning achievement, congrats! What a pay check to be receiving, you must be so thrilled.
      This success story just proves that it is still very possible to make good money on HubPages.
      Congrats, my friend! smile

26. profile image0
      Brooke18posted 9 years ago

I just joined today but seeing that makes me excited! If I got paid that much at one time, I'd freak out!

Cheers Brooke and welcome to hubpages!

27. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 9 years ago

My goodness, I didn't realize it's possible to make that much in a month. I've heard veteran hubbers talk about it being so in the "old" days but I thought those days were gone. You are an inspiration. What an amazing blessing to follow your enormous loss. It's so nice to see you full of joy.

You know, when I first saw the email I screamed "Ruru look!" then I realized he wasn't there so I cried a bit and then I thought well Ruru would want me to jump and down so I did. But the first thing I'm buying from my fortune here is a wreath for Ruru so I can top up the one that's there already that's already wearing out. So yeah I needed a lift after my devastating loss. I know lots of veteran hubbers who write brilliant hubs saying that don't make it to payout which is rather confusing to me. But thanks so much for your encouraging words. smile

1. janshares profile image94
          jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome, Aneegma, my pleasure. By the way, I hit a milestone yesterday by hitting the payout minimum in one month for the first time. I'm excited to finally hit that goal, looking forward to monthly payouts soon. smile It makes me believe even more now that what you've done is possible for any of us. Thanks for your positive spirit.

28. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

Aneegma, this is wonderful news! Congratulations.

29. dwelburn profile image92
      dwelburnposted 9 years ago

Well done Aneegma; it's great to hear of your success.

30. incomeguru profile image95
      incomeguruposted 9 years ago

You have done a great work, so you deserved to be paid better. Congratulations!

31. Kathleen Odenthal profile image87
      Kathleen Odenthalposted 9 years ago

Wow! Thats incredible! Congratulations! You are an inspiration aneegma smile

32. profile image0
      LisaKeatingposted 9 years ago

I'm glad you got this good news since you have had to deal with the loss of your pet. Do you choose the item to be featured on eBay or just let the program choose it? Just wondering.

No I just let it choose the keywords for me.

33. Pico Triano profile image87
      Pico Trianoposted 9 years ago

Wow! Congratulations! That got my attention. Hope that I get to that level here at some point.

34. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 9 years ago

Congrats!  That is wonderful.  You must have sold one or more big ticket items on eBay!
      I've made a little money from eBay but nothing like that!  It is fun to go into the Hub and see what sold on eBay from that Hub. 
      Sometimes I'm surprised because the sale may not have anything to do with what I suggested in the capsule.

35. Suzanne Day profile image94
      Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Well done and I think you must have grabbed someone with your topic! I've only made about $15 on Ebay, then it died for me, so I'm an Adsense fan now. Best of luck and hoping you'll make same again in Ebay next time too x

36. Kimberleyclarke profile image82
      Kimberleyclarkeposted 9 years ago

Wow! That is huge. Congratulations smile

37. MG Singh profile image75
      MG Singhposted 9 years ago

Simply fantastic.  Can't imagine anyone earning that sort of money on hub pages

38. profile image0
      Abi Helenposted 9 years ago

Cool awesome, Wish I too can get that much ^^
      ( I just started today ) smile

39. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 9 years ago

When I looked at your Hubs, I saw a Hub about not celebrating Valentine's Day offering whiskey rocks for sale, and the Hub on disciplining your children is selling martial arts shoes.

How are Hubs with completely unrelated products not only not being kept featured and not moderated with unrelated links/products but making these kinds of sales dollars?

1. profile image0
        mbuggiehposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The mercy of the broken algorithm you mocked me about in a previous discussion forum...perhaps???

Hubs are not un-featured because they include ads not being consistent with their topics nor are hubs featured because ads are consistent with their topics.

1. relache profile image73

Wow, you sure are Tony Stark on that algorithm thing.  I have no problems with the algorithms on this site, nor do I have a problem with you focusing on that exclusively as those being the source of problems on this site.  But that's not the direction I'm going here, and thus our conversations will part.

40. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
      LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years ago

Wonderful... keep up the good work!  And much more success to you!

41. prasetio30 profile image71
      prasetio30posted 9 years ago

Congratulations. I get new motivation now. Keep it up!

42. prasetio30 profile image71
      prasetio30posted 9 years ago

Does the eBay program paid by paypal? thank you very much..

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the eBay program is paid with Paypal along with your other monthly earnings.

43. Lotus79 profile image57
      Lotus79posted 9 years ago

Is it true?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)