Thousands of Articles Copied...Help.

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 302 discussions (611 posts)
  1. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Hello Hubpage Team and fellow Hubbers, I found this site that is copying a ton of articles from Hubpages.

I filed 3 DMCA's already on this site for different pages on this account called:

Shiftn

There is also a replica called

Shiftm

And I believe there is a 3rd account.

I think they have over 17,000 copied Hubs.

Any help would be appreciated. I also submitted a Google DMCA on one of these accounts.

The site is called:

http://www.docstoc.com

This is one of the copied Hubs of mine, you can tell..

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/12853893/In … o-Recovery

http://hubpages.com/hub/Internet-and-Gaming-Addiction

Here is a copy Of JimmytheJock!

Hub:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Money- … gs-to-Know

Copy:
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13015185/Hu … s-to-Know1

NONE OF THESE LINKS ARE FOR ADVERTISING.. I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE NO HUBBERS ARE BEING INFRINGED LIKE ME.

Please Help HubTeam, Shiftn did me and Jimmy, and thousands of other Hubs!

~thranax~

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shiftn is a lazy slob. it takes three hours to write and assemble one freakin' hub!!!!!

thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shiftn is one, the 2nd is Shiftm, and the 3rd is Q16899.
        All have Hubs, in the 1,000's of documents count.

All three of them had the same hub from Jimmy, and the same one as me. The 2nd post in this thread has the demographics of the amount of Hubs and views they got from them..

~thranax~

2. profile image0
      shinujohn2008posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thranx, I was about to post a thread about this. Thanks you did.

I was seeing this site in google search lot of times.

And i just saw that there were hubs promoting this site
      http://hubpages.com/search/include:hubs+docstoc.com

The site says that members can upload and share their own works. I guess some members are uploading everything on the whole internet , to make moeny from adsense. The site offers ad revenue sharing.

Hubbers cannot do anything against such big voume of copied content.

Hubpages officials should contact the Site , so that they will remove all pages uploaded from hubpages.

That site is affecting everyones search engine ranking.

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah, thanks for the huge belly laugh.
        That's got to be the one of the funniest things I've ever seen here.
        lol lol

Enough already. Have mercy! I can't take much more of this. lol lol lol lol

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

Stop it Eric. That is too funny.

@ Marissa - You are not the only one. For the first time in 2 years I have a downward trend in traffic - but I don't think it is anything to do with this site.

3. Naveedshahid profile image58
      Naveedshahidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I also reported to google about this site but still there is no action.

2. thranax profile image71

Shiftm has taken this many Hubpages Articles and got this many views for them so far:

Docs: 19756
    Views: 27799

Shiftn has:

Docs: 17984
    Views: 5927

Q16899 has:

Docs: 45201
    Views: 58006

ALL host jimmythejocks article. Also tons of other Hubpage Hubber topics with the same name and content..

~thranax~

This is how many views they stolen now...

Shiftn:

Docs: 17984
      Views: 7604

Shiftm:

Docs: 19756
      Views: 29893

Q16899:

Docs: 45201
      Views: 58195

Total Change:
      95692 - 91732=

3,960 pageviews Hubpages would have gotten. All in a few hours.

~thranax~

1. missalyssa profile image61
        missalyssaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is outrageous!! I have had barely any traffic and their numbers are through the roof!!

2. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's less than 2 views per page. And one of them would probably be the users.

I think the only outcome will be the offender discovering shortly that they have wasted about a weeks worth of work for no reward.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I doubt he has done that much work Darkside, a bit of programming..... press 'run' or something... and then sat back and watched the clicks. Over 400,000 pages of content (at least), so that would be around 800,000 views...... not bad for a couple of weeks effort if he manages a payout before getting his adsense banned!

He has 18 accounts totaling 400,000 articles with 250,000 views in only 5 days. If we let it go, it might be in the millions in a few more days. See the problem now? Hubbers didn't create 250,000 views looking for there content. One of Jimmys articles had 257 views.

~thranax~

3. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Good grief - what a carry on hmm I will have a look thranax.

4. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

how do we find out?

5. frogdropping profile image76

I'm wih rebekah - how can I find out? There almost like PDF docs.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

omg, who can look through all those documents??? even when entering my hub titles, there are so many pages to search through..

6. thranax profile image71

I found mine though Google. You copy 2 lines of your original content and put it in " ".

Exact Search:
    "Graphic Design Programs are few and far. Sure, there are many different ones-but only few pump out excellent results and give you all the tools you need to complete your projects."
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/thranax/Hubpage%20Graphics/exactsearch.png

Now click show Omitted Results:
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/thranax/Hubpage%20Graphics/withominttedresults-1.png
    Looks like my article is also copied on BestHubpages.com...

~thranax~

1. earner profile image81
      earnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What that site appears to be is he's scraped the thumbnail and the summary text, then displayed it in categories, with his referral link in place.  So driving traffic to hubpages.  So that's a b it more genius/work than the theft on docstoc.

I don't think I'd object to somebody doing that and including my hubs if they are driving traffic to the hubs ... unless it affected google/ranking, of course.

It might be effecting Google Rank because the first spidered content of an article is heavily weighted and makes it look like a copy. Also, if he is driving traffic with HIS TRACKER we don't get anything but pageviews, so technically its a site that nerfs our traffic for his profit. Although, I don't think it is a break of rules. Docstoc is a 100% violation though.

~thranax~

1. earner profile image81
          earnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The hubber would still get their 60% of views.

Hubpages might potentially lose the 9-12% he might get for X periods of time.

On the o ther hand, he might reach traffic that might never have come here.

So there's swings and roundabouts.

As for docstoc guy, he needs his nads removing.

Yes, it is a more legitimate way of doing it. I just don't like the idea of a whole website to just do this. I find it more acceptable as say the url for a digg submission or in an email or something. The trackers were designed for our own urls so we can get signup referrals, but they let everyone do it.

~thranax~

7. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I hope you catch who ever it is, seems like the stealing flu is going around.

8. BloodRedPen profile image69
    BloodRedPenposted 14 years ago

Five of my hubs are there - under shiftn - this is not good

More proof we been hit hard. Could this copying ploy of Hubs be what slowed down googles indexing and makes it take about a week to be indexed? Just as theory. I do know all those accounts on that site need to be deleted.

~thranax~

9. thranax profile image71
    1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That link is not to a copy of my article?

Yeah, sorry I didnt copy the link right. All the rest I did.

~thranax~

10. shamelabboush profile image50
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

You're right! They copied everything.....

11. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Do they have Adsense? If they do, report it to Adsense.

12. thranax profile image71

I think everyone should find there Hubs to report, also I want to hear a response from a Hubteam member...

~thranax~

13. BloodRedPen profile image69
    BloodRedPenposted 14 years ago

I'm glad I just started and only have six hubs here - at this point I'm thinking there won't be a seventh

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not? It doesn't matter where you post your work on the internet, it's susceptible to being copied.  So if you're going to stop writing on Hubpages for fear of plagiarism, you'll have to stop copying everywhere on the internet.

14. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I just found a few of mine, too. Ugh! I don't have time to check all my hubs, but I just checked 4 random hubs (3 out of 4 were on doctstoc). This is awful.

Maybe this is affecting our indexing like you said, who knows. I think we need to report these user accounts to docstoc so they can remove all the content at once.

How this person is able to export all these hubs and upload them is crazy. Hope this isn't a new trend. They must use Hubpages category RSS feeds and have them convert immediately into rtf files. This has got to be automated on their end.

Thats what I was thinking also. I know it isn't by hand, there are simply too many. I found 3 accounts and listed them up there that are all PROVEN to have copied Hubs on them. There many even be more. Thats why the Hub Team might need to file a complaint to get the accounts removed. I did adsense, and the websites form for 3 of my hubs, but I think more then half of mine are there.

~thranax~

15. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Click on shiftn's profile link. It lists all of his documents. Looks like he's also taken hubs from boppster, Eboselume, Crazdwriter, Rockitradio and gazillions more. Looks like all of the stuff he's posted on docstoc are stolen hubs.

They are all stolen! It's also on the other 2 names I listed.

~thranax~

16. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

What REALLY pisses me off is that one of my top earning hubs is now ranked LOWER than the stolen work posted in two places on docstoc. I'm sure this is true with other hubs, as well. And here I was wondering why my traffic has been steadily crashing the last few days. This is why.

THATS WHY ALMOST EVERY HUBBER FELT A STING. About 80,000 views went to there copies instead of here!

~thranax~

17. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Shiftn has copied one of my recent hubs thats out of four that i checked. I have few hubs in comparison to the other hubbers here so i feel even more at loss. Damn that sucks.

18. Envoy profile image67
    Envoyposted 14 years ago

OMG! I just found one of mine too.
    This is awful! That is soooo low!
    Hope we can do something about them!
    I was wondering about traffic too!
    Grrrr! This sucks all OUR hard work!

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How can I find in docstoc, whether some of my article is copied or not?
      It is difficult to check all my hubs one by one. Moreover what if they change the title?

One of my articles about Dhirubhai Ambani was copied and I got a notice from Hubpages for duplicate content. While checked I found it copied in a Polish site.

It took little time for hubpages team to understand the matter. they took ban from that hub.

However, I found many times some of my articles copied in different sites. I have launched complaints against them to Hubpages authorities. I have also written to those site owners but never came with a result.

it is difficult for an individual to take them into a legal battle.

We can do something if united.

Thanks,
      Jyoti kothari

19. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Cheaters never prosper, if a Dmca has been filed and if they use adsense on the site, then you can report it to them....it annoys everyone even though it is assured by experts that the original article gets the main traffic and any others after that get penalized, this we know sometimes is not the case, one of mine "How to create a facebook group" has just tanked in traffic because it was copied twice onto two separate sites, but one lft a link to mine as the source, but the other one, just cheekily put my unlinked hubpage username waynet....

Such is the way of the internet, glad you made people aware, because then it is known that this site is an effing fraud and should be publicly named as such.....

Docstoc.com is a pissing fraud!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't say it better myself.

~thranax~

20. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the heads up thranax, they have even copied text from the advertising lol, I will try to contact the sites owner.
    tanks again .....jimmy

21. thranax profile image71

Jyoti here is a copy of urs:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Gold-india

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/12615911/Go … t-in-India

Take 2 lines of your original content and put it in " " in a google search. If it says google omitted the results, click that and see if it matches a docstoc url in the results. This is also how you tell if others have your content.

~thranax~

Thanks a lot, lot. You have helped me such nicely. You have spent your valuable time for me.

How could you guess about that? You must have not checked all my articles.

Should I report it to hubpages and / or docstoc?

Thanks again,
      Jyoti Kothari

Report everything you own to the site under filing a DMCA on the bottom. Also, to Google Adsense. Frogdropping has the link to that. I only took 1 of your hubs to find, there are probably 20+.

~thranax~

Dear Tharanx,
          I have reported this through an e mail to copyright@docstoc.com. I will see whether they are taking any step or not.

Other hubbers may take the same step.
          I urge hubpages team to look into and interfere into the matter. It is serious. Hundreds of hubbers and of course, hubpages are affected with this.

Thanks,
          Jyoti Kothari

22. thranax profile image71

Between when I made this topic and now, only a few hours..the name Shiftn has gotten 700 more views off our copied content. Now I wonder how many that is for Shiftm, Shiftn, and that other one..

All traffic our normal Hubs could be getting..

~thranax~

23. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Fortunately, this guy doesn't appear to like my hubs. Phew!

That said, if you look back in time, he (or she) used to scrape from blogs, websites, etc. -- and then he seems to have found HP. Those articles that he grabbed a while ago are now on 10 or 12 different free article submission sites. And in most cases where the article has been there for a while, docstoc.com's version is ranking much higher than the original.

Yes, I looked for you and I couldn't find any of yours of the random sample I took. This is bad, the views on these people go up almost 100 views every 10 minutes.. And if Google thinks there the originals, then we will be penalized.

~thranax~

24. missalyssa profile image61
    missalyssaposted 14 years ago

I didn't find any of mine, but my traffic has definitely gone down...what can we do?

thanks thranax...this blows...

Welcome to the party.

~thranax~

2. steffer profile image59
      stefferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes same here, since the last 2 weeks my traffic whent straight downhill.

Look again!!! I found some of mine

25. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

I had wondered why my traffic crashed the past four days. I believe this is all the last reason I needed to wrap it up on here and go somewhere else. I've had much better success and earnings on several other blog sites in the same amount of time, with less headache and worry. While its true things like this always happen, it's just frustrating that its happened so blatantly and without response from the management here.

26. frogdropping profile image76

Mine are on there too. Oh frogs sad

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I found one of Hup's hubs too on there and dropped Ryan an email. At least we know the HP team will be looking into this as well! smile

27. thranax profile image71

I think if the Hubpages team asks them to remove those accounts and they don't, can't Hubpages bring Docstoc to court for over 100 (probably) accounts of Plagiarism? Because if asked with proof to ban and remove content/users and they decline, doesn't that means they side with the person>

~thranax~

28. frogdropping profile image76

And it's not helpful that as I find stuff, the site is lagging up to the point IE keeps closing down. Probably because we're all hunting. But still - I'm going to have to wait, try tomorrow and see exactly what's there.

29. arthriticknee profile image66
    arthritickneeposted 14 years ago

Docstoc do use adsense for revenue sharing so blokes like shiftm should be on the highway to account closure.

If they run a system similar to hubpages, the websites adsense code will be shown a % of the time and they could be in trouble too.

The main offenders joined less than a week ago and already have over 17,000 documents uploaded. There appears to be very poor quality control going on at that sire and one would suspect that google will adjust accordingly once the site is repeatedly flagged.

I couldn't find any of mine but i would encourage all hubbers to report each individual copier (they have copied so many hubs, reporting every hub would take some people years). The sooner they are shut down the better.

30. thranax profile image71

If google blacklists the site, all the copyrighted material will fall into cyberspace. It would still exists but only in there own website, not search-able by Google. Although, all search engines need to take this measure, where if the accounts are banned and not allowed to be on the site, they will be out of existence completely. Also, getting his adsense banned would be best, that way the user will never have a motive to copy again.

~thranax~

31. waynet profile image69

Ha just found a couple of mine too, just filed a DMCA against this spanner sack!!! and reported him to adsense with some sample urls!!!!

32. Jodi Hoeksel profile image61
    Jodi Hoekselposted 14 years ago

I found one of my hubs on docstoc under this pen name..

The author on docstoc is    q16899

What is the best way to report this ??... I will have a look at my other info as well..

Thank you for the heads up! This is uite a find for thieving..

File a DMCA on the site on the bottom with the Urls. Or use Googles DMCA form.

That is one of the names I listed. There are 3 names with the same Hubs or different Hubs but all have Hubs.

~thranax~

33. waynet profile image69

Just had a look at the tagline for Docstoc....

"Find and share professional documents" don't suppose the fools took it literally?

34. profile image0

Well at least something good came out of this found out one of my hubs is ranked number one with Google, and another number 9 on page one. sweet now get the torches and pitchforks its time for the HUBMOB to mob on over to Docstoc and get medieval on them.

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah the three that I found(so far!) are at number one for the search term just by this plagiarist scum sucking phony arsed titberry no willy except on his/her head with no nuts and a peanut for a brain stealing our content finding out these things is good.....Boooya!

35. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I found all of mine thanks to Irohner who e-mailed me! Thank you so much Irohner he/she has been reported to the DMCA and I also sent a very direct e-mail to the culprit who stole from all of us. How unacceptable! sad

So far I have found three!!!!! grrrrrrrr sad

36. missalyssa profile image61
    missalyssaposted 14 years ago

Just found another one sad sad sad

37. pageantgirl31413 profile image77
    pageantgirl31413posted 14 years ago

Haven't found any of mine. Hopefully it'll get taken care of though.

You should check again...I didn't find any of mine, and now I've found 3...

Here is yours:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/12862965/BO … ler-Review
      Google Cached: Oct 9, 2009 23:08:32 GMT.

Almost every active Hubber has been hit.

~thranax~

38. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I don't know. This is ongoing for me here. I almost wish I didn't know this stuff. Right now I have so many--I just don't want to spend this much time tracking down internet theft of my stuff.

I like it here less and less for all kinds of reasons. I've met so many nice people here, but I feel like writing here lately is a waste of time.

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry you feel that way (seriously), but this isn't just a HubPages problem. This guy (or gal) was scraping content from random websites and blogs and a few other article sites before they found HP. I don't care where you post, if you have any articles on the internet this can happen.

39. profile image0

No my hubs are number one in the category not the term, and its my page on here not a copied document, but They have copied four of my pages though I'm going to deal with it tonight as only a Marine can. Time for the big artillery.

hi Scott! Get them for me too!!

40. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I've found 5 of mine so far.  It would take me all night to search all 200+.

Thats why I want the Hubpages team to take this matter into there hands and protect there users from theft. Everyone doesn't need to be searched, that guy needs to be banned from Adsense and that site.

~thranax~

I filled out the form at the bottom of the docstoc...do I need to contact adsense or should we just wait and see what HP does?

41. frogdropping profile image76

Here guys:
    Adsense DMCA Complaint Form

I got this from Mark Knowles - so thankyou Mark.

I'm going to try again in the morning. Tried again and the site keeps lagging/freezing.

I feel rather cheesed off - I guess we all do.

42. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I filled out the DMCA complaint on those 5 for now.  I was reading that sites TOS and you only have to be 14 to upload stuff there.

No 14 year old did that. That is a script. Something that acts like a google spider, goes page to page copying text, then uploads it to that site. No one could do that by hand.

~thranax~

43. waynet profile image69

On further inspection I've had 8 copied so far, filed my complaints and expect that this user to off the site tommorrow...if not I'll be going to geo track his ip and get some homies and get medieval on his/her ass!!

And waynet saves the day!!! Wish I knew how to track his ip smile

44. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago
  45. thranax profile image71

I don't wanna do all mine ether, I know there are over 4 there, almost all of them probably. I hope there banned out of life totally.

~thranax~

46. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 14 years ago

At this point a good 30 percent of my hubs have been copied. I stopped spending time fighting it. It seems to be part and parcel of being a writer on the internet. When I realized I was spending over 8 hours a week just tracking down copies and reporting them I gave up.

The worst one was when I found one of my original recipes on the cover of a national magazine with the copy "Best dessert recipe ever" and there was no attribution. Even my network's lawyers couldnt get a response.

Point is that the more popular your writing is the more it will be stolen. I average $40-60 an hour for my work so spending 7 hours a week tracking down thieves is not worth it to me in the long run. Just my opinion.

This isn't just one Hubber, its thousands. This is the MAIN SOURCE that has stolen our traffic and profit. They accumulated almost if not 100,000 views on our work on there accounts. Thats 1/30th of Hubpages total unique traffic. See the problem?

~thranax~

1. profile image0
        Marye Audetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry ..just getting back here. I don't mean 30 percent were copied at that site. I mean that a good 30 percent of my stuff has been copied numerous times all over. I don't just write for Hubpages, I write for several networks and companies. I write, on average, 130 articles/blogposts a month. Of those a percentage gets stolen.
        I am just saying that this is not the first time, nor will it be the last. When you write, especially on the Internet your stuff is stolen. Period. You can choose to spend hours a week hunting it all down and filing reports or you can focus on your writing, your clients, and making money.
        I know it had an effect on thousands of people. It is irritating, maddening, and frustrating. But it is reality.

You have to figure your time/cost against what the stolen content is costing. If you are making $30-$70 an hour as a writer and you have 30 articles stolen a month AND it takes you, let's say, 15 minutes per article to hunt them down and file complaints that is almost 8 hours per month. You have lost between $240 -560 in revenue and you have to do it all over again the next month.

While a stolen article may well be costing me some in revenue it isn't costing me 240-560 bucks. For me, it isn't worth it.

In anyone's situation they need to figure what it is costing them to actually deal with the stolen content and decide if it is worth it on a financial level.

2. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen. It just isn't worth it.

It isnt worth it for Hundreds of people? I am not claiming 1 article is copied, this is thousands. Its effecting the whole sites traffic.

~thranax~

1. profile image0
          pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No I mean in general. Constantly tracking down theft isn't worth it. Of course it's awful that someone is stealing content from hundreds of people. It's clearly way out of line.

It is true though that the more you write online, the more you get your stuff stolen. I'm just burned out on that aspect of it and trying to do other things instead. smile

47. steffer profile image59
    stefferposted 14 years ago

docstoc is splitting their adsense revenue with the publishers 50/50, so not only are those a**es stealing our content, they are also stealing our adsense revenue.

48. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

It's a bookmark site!

49. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Seemingly since the THIEF stole our writing ADSENSE should reimburse to us what he stole! I have only gotten to page 5 talk about work! The jerk!

Yeah any earnings he has accrued in his/her adasense account will be deferred to us the true writers and not some cheap ass scam f*&$wit!

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish they would the deeper I dig the more sickened I become and there are so many hub writers that he has stolen from it is quite disheartening!

It may be a good suggestion to the hubpages engineer team on  some kind of program that stops software scripts doing this...because like Thranax said it is certainly not someone doing this by hand......

Also it goes to show what kind of site Docstoc is to allow copied content that hasn't even been spaced and formatted by human authors!!!

1. AEvans profile image71
            AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is so nuts!! I will dig through them one 5 pages a day until I can find all of them good grief I hate doing this but like Marissa said it can happen anywhere, the funny thing is mine are copyrighted and I also notate the symbol but that did not stop a thief! sad

50. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years ago

I have also launched a complaint with Adsense by using a form at:
    https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … _complaint

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)