Leaving the Hub Pages, I may cry, this is our last goodbye.

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (51 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 12 years ago

This thread is the last before leaving the Hub Pages, I meet many lovely, intelligent, and interesting people. Yet had my fill and feeling a little off balance from all the downing of souls of other persons online. When one stands for middle ground, that middle road can get you run over by one-sided people. A lot of Canadians were once more middle ground like; until we broke traditional peace, then went over to Afghanistan to kill poor people. Clearly now realizing, I’m a lover not a fighter, so silently let them be themselves as I remain myself.

I’ve learned from many beautiful here and now it’s just time to give back. English words are not my natural talent at all, so my visual arts will express it a 1000 times better from all the delightful and outstanding things the hub pages have taught me. A few of you are truely yourselves and do connect with the world and treat it well.

Sorry, I do not understand term like non-religious, religious perspective or deeply religious atheist.  I don’t get all the disagreeing groups of god which is manmade then watch them fights over which group of souls belong to God, then watch each over ego group assume they are the chosen ones to master the afterlife better than they mastered life here on earth.

In modern Theological terms, the word is generally reserved for religious groups in Theology essence of any world religion lies solely in the answer to the word 'god' which can be misrepresented and often blows off that everyone is God which works well within my circle of realationships. There is no wrong path, since it’s about experiencing life. Live life and embrace wonder and the joy in living gracefully with style.

There are 1.1 billion people are considered non- religious or spiritual sided like myself. Then most these non religious have an open mind about religious belief, especially the existence of God.  I don’t really try to resolve the various contradictions in life, because the world will change all on its own.

I Do subscribed to a system of loving attitudes and practices set towards the service and living to a person’s own nature, acceptance of nature and aid those who are extended expressions of my nature. I own nothing and merely passing through items from outside of my nature within nature.

Love everyone, peace

1. suzettenaples profile image88
      suzettenaplesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have read some of your hubs and they are very good.  I find your English excellent.  I will miss you here on hub pages.  I am sorry to see you go.  I feel badly that others have brought you down or made you feel sad.  Yes, there are so many topics about religion, but I just ignore them.  What you have expressed, I believe also.  It is better to be spiritual and be open and accepting of all beliefs, than to insist on one religious belief being correct.  I just ignore these types of people.  I think hub pages just is a little mirror of what is happening in the world today.  The world is a nasty, mean place; everyone seems to be unhappy about something; no one seems to realize we are just all in this together; because of tough economic times, I think some people are frightened about the future and wonder what is going to happen with the world such a mess.  All we can do is just keep on keeping on and do the best we can in a confusing world.  I hope you continue to write and shine you light somewhere else on the Internet whether it be in writing or drawing/painting/illustrating.  And, I hope to come across your work.  Good Luck in whatever your pursue and know that there were some people on hub pages who appreciated your writing and your work.

Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Saying my writing is good, is cheering things up and will write some on the hubs, It more about these really tight deadline on this eco village I'm building, one third of the world is homeless I  got a good solution for much of it.

Silly me, playing with a paper tiger.

2. VENZKHVAM profile image60
      VENZKHVAMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WHY YOU ARE LEAVING

time more than anything

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

You're leaving? Why?? You will be missed. I wish you all the best!

Thanks, habee for your good hearted thoughts.

From the last thread, I won't be missed that much, I can be of better service focusing my expressing on my visual art like SomewayOuttaHere pointed out.

3. Mekenzie profile image76
    Mekenzieposted 12 years ago

Castle, although I have just met you .. I sense you are a very kind man.  The hubs need more people who are compassionate and have good hearts.  I have always tried to accept people right where they are.  There is a reason for everyone's belief or lack of. 

I personally stay away from futile argumentative forumns .. they profit little.  My reason for being on the hubs is to grow as a writer, share my story and learn from other writers.

I'm off to take a peek at your hubs and hope you will reconsider your decision.

God Bless!
    Mekenzie

Well, this is the place to be if you have the word writers desire, words have been around for 5000 year where visual art for 30,000 years and still giving off a 1000s words per picture. You’re off to a good start knowing everything has a reason. 

By practice and desire I’m a sculptor and a great story teller in 3D. The writing has improved enough to know how to hire a very fine professional writer for my movie making in the future. Will play around the very odd time with some of the hubs, yet online has gone too sour.

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
        Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Inflation has denigrated an image to be worth only 625 words in the current economic turmoil.  smile

JK, good luck with your art.

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Have fun and take care. smile

You too, no worries

5. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 12 years ago

dont know ya cuz I been away for quite some time ...but good luck to ya and best wishes smile

Sad to say, I'mm on my wayy, don't know when, if ever, be back agaain.

Enjoy writing, I did, some did'nt like it

6. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Best wishes with your next endeavors (although changing one's mind about leaving for good is always an option   smile  ).

It's like having lead feet in a bad dream, I don't think I can move myself and others with words. From that last thread with cagsil it felt like I had very little human value at all.

Nothing  like mastering  museum displays, playgrounds, or off grid eco villages, sculpture and films where energy creates energy and can be of service and kindness just pours out.

Maybe my deal is being a doer, not a talker

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Don't leave. sad Your opinions count just like all others. Everyone has there own beliefs. My recommendation is to take a break from the forums for awhile and just focus on writing. All of us have had to get out of here at one time or another. You are an artist so let your creative juices flow. smile

The visual artist forum is small here, and the word artist is huge and it feels like I'm doing word masturbation and sometimes i feel like an empty shell.

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are not an empty shell. You are full of life and color. You are an artist. :)Creative and think about all that you do. What a brilliant mind.smile

The main reason for taking off is to focus so much more time doing the art and green eco village. I'm thinking of joining a more spiritual sided thinking forum if I do ever get enough time again, and dabble with the hubs here.

Thank you

8. TerryGl profile image56
    TerryGlposted 12 years ago

And tell me, what will you be doing with your account? Are you going to sell it or perhaps give it away?

You can sell your account?!! How much money are we talking?

No it's more likely to make much more money in an establish art field.

I'M keeping a few hubs up, for writing practice, if not nothing else better to do

9. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Just an idea - You could stay and avoid the more controversial forums as many HubPage writers -  myself included do.

Even if you leave you could leave your the hubs you have written  in case you have a change of heart, or if you wish you could un-publish them until you wish to move them. Your hubs will be visited by people from search-engines so you do not need an audience from the forums.

Hope all works out well for you, not sure what has caused this but then I only visit the 'lighter side of life', learning or entertaining forums.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Controversy, what controversy???? lol

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Living light is an enlighten way to live, bring the shield of foresight. A few hubs will still be around.

After adventuring the wild blue yonder all over this planet, one foot has been on the ground. Some think because I build sand castles, my whole head is stuck into the sand.  Let them have their augments, debates, their endless controversial then let them call each other irrational and treat a human/spiritual being indecent.  If they cannot handle confronting questions about themselves and their limited minded group, they won't be solving many healthy problems or advancing themselves toward a happy life.

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It looks like somebody upset you here. Don't give up.  Write more hubs and come back. Share your talents with people. Some will laugh at you, some will appreciate your art. You never know.  smile

Just annoyed, I would be up set if i were in a hospital

Nobody will laugh with me???

kidding

10. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

CP, your English is very good.  smile  There are many, including myself, where English is not our mother tongue.  We learn and we achieve.  You have achieved this goal with English.  Writing is a good way to hone the skill and learn the language in more depth.

Controversy is everywhere.  I don't like it myself.  Like you, I'm a lover, not a fighter.  If you ever read my works, you would see why. 

Everything on line has to be taken with tongue in cheek.  Sometimes, there is truth out there, other times not.  The written word on line can be misinterpretted easily.  Because of this, there are nuances in spoken words that are lost when it is typewritten.  Alas, the challenges of being a writer - to express those thoughts, feelings in a manner that can be clearly understood by the reader.  This doesn't always happen in the forums.

Artists are emotional people.  I know this from personal experience.  But that does not mean that we are valueless as you stated above.  Our self value comes from within, not from the people that we meet, whether on line or face to face. 

The peace that we all seek will come to those when they are ready to accept it.

In your journey, I wish that you find what you seek and are able to attain what you set as a goal.

Til our paths cross again, as they surely will.

Peace and light.

That was kind,

I was just taken back a step, because never had so many people on me so negative before. At the least it humbling, I know better than this about my own human or spiritual value. Cagsil reminds some of my atheist Mother who was always trying to humble me down.

Thank you

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. Beth100 profile image70
        Beth100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

CP, this is a tight community and everyone here reads, listens and are not abash to tell you what they think.

I will tell you why you received so many negative comments.  The error was opening a thread about another person -- regardless of the intent, it is construed as gossiping, rude and an attempt to gain a following to heckle the other person.

You opened this thread to say good bye to everyone, yet you have turned it into a forum to downplay and to blame Cagsil for your departure.  Again, this is not well received by others.

If your reason for leaving is because you and Cagsil do not see eye to eye on issues, then leave it at that and be gentleman and not blame him.  Your leaving is solely your choice.  Only you can stop accessing your account to write.

I am not being harsh with you. I am simply providing some feedback so that you can understand why you received the reception that you did in your other thread.

I hope that you do not take offense or feel that I am attacking you.  Please take this as a Canadian playing the middle ground of keeping peace.  That's what we are good at and world reknown for.  smile

I was already ready to leave the hub pages, and then just went for one last question building up inside, to find out if Cagsil was agnostic or atheist as I asked him many times before and never gave me an answer and still has not.

Then all these fans jump in and over protected him from this question and then Cagsil did his famous word dance. Then it felt like things were getting ugly and because so persistent (no anger) it turned into this.

I love my atheist Mother very much, saying Cagsil is trying to humble me down was meant in a good way, for my balance.

11. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Heck, blame it on the snake.  Everyone else does!  smile  Was it something I said?

1. Beth100 profile image70
      Beth100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Randy!! Snakes don't talk -- they only HSSSSSS!!!!  tongue

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HA!  Try and convince Eve of that, Beth!  Care for an apple?  smile

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Randy
      It was'nt the snake, I think it was Satan flying around on bat wings heating us all up

I think Ive hanging around too christian for too much long online, it starting to fry my brains.

I you miss you Bud,

I really enjoy all the history we shared,, i hope we hook again on the anicent early American history and take it a step.

Just been so BUSY and side tracked with this eco village .

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Always up to discuss history, CP.  Even without any religious connotations to cause strife if you prefer.   Whatever you decide to do, good luck! smile

12. Rastamermaid profile image66
    Rastamermaidposted 12 years ago

I've followed you for awhile now,and I find your hubs very informative,full of life and very good content.I will miss you but I understand.

I'm like another hubber,don't leave just stay away from forums. After I leave you this message I'll probably never reply to a forum again. I've been attacked by one hubber inparticular. They attacked months ago and so I laid off the forums,and soon as I reply straight to another hubber they jump in.

I often wonder is this because this is the only way they get attention so they look for easy targets like me. I'm a positive person and I wasn't raised to down people,talk bad about people or anything of the like.So it really hurt my feelings for a minute.Then I realized they don't know me and I've asked them to leave me alone.

Why would anyone attack anyone online?

Don't cry and don't leave,many of us really appreciate you and your hubs.

I can handle myself from all kind of attacks and from all kinds of people. It's not that, I’m much better at being of service in the visual arts and not having nearly enough time spent on this eco village.

SomewayOuttaHere,  You have been lots of fun, what you said just confirms my already made up mind that my time and expression is better served in what I love best, art and green homes.

The hubs will still be there, say hello and if you’re driving by Creston BC, I will be one of the rare ones standing erect...

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...that's a beautiful area....beautiful spot for taking photos - passed by via crow's nest in July - didn't see you...ha ha ha....i'm not quite sure what you mean by 'rare ones standing erect' - must be an inside creston joke...later...gater...i'll be sure to wave next time.

About 60% to 70% are Seniors that are bent over in Creston

13. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

oh no...CP, don't go away...I hope I didn't add to your hurt in any way...I think your sandcastles are beautiful from the little bit I've seen - you seem to be a very good person...and an artist with lots to say...lots to add to the threads...more to express - visually or through words...

..cheer up!...from a fellow Canuck living in the middle of the pacific....peace...xo

14. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Don't leave because of a forum thread. I'm sure most people here are genuinely good people and use the forums to say whatever we feel like at the moment. I don't think forum threads should be taken too seriously. I'm sure if you left, you would be missed. I hope you'll reconsider after some reflection. Maybe spend less time in the forums. I have learned that most things are not to be taken personally.
    Best to you.

People are generally good, I learn a few humor mocking tips from earnestshub that did help in keeping it all light.

It's not that Forum thread, it just too many other things piling up from out side of these hub pages, more than anything and must spend more time loving what I do best.

15. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

Now that you have explained yourself, I can understand.  smile

Up until this point, and without knowing anything about you, one can only draw conclusions about intent.  And, for some, the conclusions were not nice.

Stick around CP!  You've made some friends.  smile

And, just remember, you can never satisfy everyone and not everyone can satisfy you.

I hope you stay -- I'm glad that we crossed paths here.  smile

1. profile image48
      lapss321posted 12 years agoin reply to this

although I have just met you .. I sense you are a very kind man.  The hubs need more people who are compassionate and have good hearts.  I have always tried to accept people right where they are.  There is a reason for everyone's belief or lack of. 
      <promotional link>

Very kind man

Wow, thanks, just what I was aiming for.

1. Mekenzie profile image76
          Mekenzieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Castle,  the post fom lapss has been copied and pasted from my message to you earlier.  Can't believe it ... what's the point?

That's funny; I should be thanking you.

He also sent a promotion link for jewelry, like I might get all emotional and bye something

1. Mekenzie profile image76
              Mekenzieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Funny Castle - writing you with My words trying to get you to buy His product.  Crazy-making is what I say.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)