Obama was elected through willful ignorance

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (169 posts)
  1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

I don't like Obama.  Oh, he may be a nice enough guy to shoot hoops with.  I don't like his politics.  I don't like what he stands for.  The evidence was right there in front of us the whole time and we willfully ignored it to our detriment.  Based on the philosophy of 'know your enemy' I read his books (Who writes two autobiographies before they've done anything?)  One sentence told me exactly who he was and that we were in big trouble.  After reading it I closed the book, put it in the garbage can and said a prayer for this nation.

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

This man was elected President of these United States of America.  That one sentence cannot be misinterpreted.  He did not 'misspeak'.  It is not taken out of context.  I defy any Democrat or Liberal to rationize it or explain it away.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To me all he meant was that he would oppose mistreatment or hysterical, ugly persecution of Muslims in this country as was done to Japanese- American citizens who were interned during WWII.

1. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everyone tries to make what he said into something noble.  If you read his book that's not the context.  He was stating his fundamental support of the muslim nation.  Period.

1. rhamson profile image71
          rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Looking at it in context it shows that he is more concerned with protecting the constitutional rights of Arab and Pakistani Americans than this "muslim nation" you refer to.

What I have a hard time understanding is why you came to that conclusion after Obama prefaced the whole quote explaining the last sentence.

Here is the surrounding text.

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

I am still looking for the muslim nation you refer too in that.

I doubt that he read the book.

Ralph,

I didn't read the book either but I found the quote easily enough.  The funny thing is that the whole preface to the quote specifically explained the context Obama was putting the last sentence in.

http://www.dailyclipart.net/wp-content/uploads/medium/clipart0030.jpg

2. KKalmes profile image61
          KKalmesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Totally wrong... try fact checking some of your material...

A second false quote has Obama saying he would "stand with the Muslims," words that don't appear in his book. What he actually said is that he would stand with American immigrants from Pakistan or Arab countries should they be faced with something like the forced detention of Japanese-American families in World War II:

Misleading e-mail: From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction. 
          Obama did not say he would side with "the Muslims," which could easily be read as meaning he would side with the world's Muslim population even if it meant working outside the best interests of the United States. He said he would side with "them," referring back to his mention of immigrant communities and specifically to "Arab and Pakistani Americans." Furthermore, he was speaking of an "ugly direction" like the mass internment of Japanese Americans. 

This false quote goes hand in hand with the equally false rumor that Obama is a Muslim.

factcheck.org

2. optimus grimlock profile image60
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, he would be good to play ball with and I'm sure hes a cool guy! I think he were after the right democraphic of people that got him in also the change thing. It just proves you give3 people a little bit of hope the fall for it without thinking of the consequences!

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't it bother you in the least that the quote cited doesn't exist, and it was cited by a man who claims to have read the book, so either he intentionally misquoted or he didn't actually read the book?

Does that bother you at all?

1. leeberttea profile image56
          leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The quote means nothing, they are only words. It is action that matters and when you consider the actions of the Obama administration in total concerning Muslims it is quite obvious there is a policy of appeasement, tolerance, and political correctness that has the potential for disastrous consequences. It is only by luck that successful attacks in NY and on the plane by the underwear bomber that we have avoided catastrophe and it is the policies of this administration that led to the successful murder of 13 at Fort Hood.

1. profile image0

You're right, the quote means nothing because it is false.

As for the rest of your comment, look up the definition of "willful ignorance."

2. rhamson profile image71

Sorry Leebertha, words have meaning and Tobey100 missed the meaning completely.

The pathetic thing is that people hear what they want to and expect others to follow along blindly. 

Sarah Palin comes to mind with regards to this.  I wonder when the government is going to set up that "death panel" thingy she espoused to all of us.

Yes words have meaning and certainly one can make a valid argument that Obama was indeed refering to Muslims in his quote as has been pointed out previously. What you want those words to mean is more a reflection of your politics than anything else. But, in addition to those words you must examine the record in total. You can't rule out that having a Muslim father would tend to make one more sympathetic to their beliefs. The fact that he also said in his book that he identified more with the black man in Africa, or that he sought out the most radical elements on campus and that he continues to have associations with people with extreme left views. You can't simply ignore 20 years in church with reverend Wright. The policy of refusing to mention the term "Islamic extremist" when referring to the terrorists bombers that tried to kill Americans or Hassan that suceeded in doing so. The bows, the apologies, the harder line against Israel, the granting of rights to terrorists captured on the battlefield. I can go on and on. It's not hard to make the case that Obama is more than just tolerant of Muslims, more than interested in protecting their "rights", though I wouldn't go so far as to say he is against Americans, I would be willing to consider that is the result of his policies as a minimum he is at least presenting that view to some.

You contsrue through assumption much of what you offer in your response.  Maybe a more centerist view of problems does not appeal to you but you make assumptions based on meritless dribble.

I don't agree with all of what Obama says or does but I do respect his listening to all sides of something before like going off half cocked invading countries based on assumptions.

Obama sets foreign policy and the electorate put him in charge to take us away from the failed policies of the former administration.

If you listen to the context rather than the inflamatory speech of Jeremiah Wright you may see a not so complimentry view of America that a few of our citizens believe. Because it is not fed to you in a conciliatory fashion no less invalidates the message. This goes towards listening to more radical and progressive messages as well.

If not for the freedom of speech and the press these rights would be trampled upon.  Because I may read Mein Kampf does that make me a Nazi or does it mean that I prefer that type of reading? Maybe I am trying to understand the mentality of such a leader and how he influenced so many to commit the atrocities they did.  Not that I condone their actions.

No reading Mien Kampf doesn't make you a Nazi, but what does attending white supremacists meetings every Sunday for 20 years make you?

Okay maybe you just did it for educational purposes.

I can see why you appreciate this administration since your arrogance is on par with the intellectuals running the country now that seem to think opposing views are "dribble" and that they know better but just aren't able to explain it to those of us who just aren't as smart.

If there's something I said that you care to refute with facts by all means present it but just because you consider what I presented "dribble" doesn't make it so.

Did I hurt your little feelings?

You merely repeat the dribble you hear from like minded individuals that you think are right.

There is no defending inuendo as it has a slippery basis by whch it is founded on, single mindedness and ignorance.

This means this and this means that is your only argument.  You sound like the mainstream media with your reports on what somebody meant rather than what they accually said or did.

You go on and on about the Reverend Wright said and refuse to take a look at the message.  Did he not put it out there "white" enough for you?  Did he blame the wrong people?  Does he have a different reality of America than you do?  Since it is not your reality I guess he was wrong then.

I would offer that a degree of arrogance sheilds you from the learning that you desperately need in order to form informed choices and not of those offered by the ones spoon feeding their opinions as fact to you.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

What consequences are you worried about--his historic health care reform bill, the finance reform bill passed by the Senate and House, now in reconciliation, his efforts to allow gays to serve openly in the military, or his efforts to bring the country out of the Bush recession?

3. omi saide profile image60
        omi saideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What did we have to pick from-Tweedle dee or Tweedum dee. We pick tweedle dee. Next time you pick tweedle dum-Palin and the teabag party okay?

3. KFlippin profile image61
      KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad to find your bravely proposed topic this evening.  The discourse should prove interesting, and chock full of accusations of lying and no doubt as well trashing of Republicans in an effort to Distract.

1. profile image0

So, KFlippin is going on record that the truth doesn't matter, lies and distortions are okay, and bravery consists of making up stories in forum threads then disappearing when called on it.

Unbelievable.  Truly.

1. KFlippin profile image61

I completely agree!  Your point has been extremely well made.  Unbelievable.  Truly. 

?Going on the record.....whose record?  And if you wish to put words and positions in my mouth and in my stance of your own liking, you should check first.  With whom?   smile

1. profile image0

Yeah, I drew conclusions based upon your support of Tobey's "brave" topic.  We obviously disagree on the definition of "brave."

I will concede that my conclusions could be wrong...but for now, they're my conclusions.

Well, that's good to hear. It is not wise to jump to conclusions.

4. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah, even though me and mr. deeds almost always disagree, i'm gonna have to agree here: i'm pretty sure that Obama just means he's going to fight off government oppression of muslims if the tides turn that way.

that's one thing i can agree with obama on

Good to see somebody take an honest approach contrary to the magpies!

5. pylos26 profile image71
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obama was elected in  rebuttal to the total idiot that previously occupied the white house.

6. KKalmes profile image61
      KKalmesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Excuse me? Whose willful ignorance... those of you who can't get a single fact straight even when you know you are willfully misrepresenting, distorting and lying?

I am not ignorant and I am offended by this... I voted for President Obama and will do so again... and if he could run for a third term I would vote for him again.

Also, note my response above to your ridiculous misquote and try factcheck.org before you willfully show your ignorance again.

2. leeberttea profile image56
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

The Muslim religion involves the conversion of all into the faith, as do all faiths, but also includes the effort to transform society into rule by sharia law. This is the essence of Jihad. The two philosophies for accomplishing this are through violence and through peaceful means. Make no mistake, the intent is clear and there are two fronts on this attack on western values and law. Ignore this truth at your own risk, and realize Obama may not be Muslim, but his father was and he no doubt feels more welcoming to their message, or at least more tolerant of it than most Americans.

This theory is explained in the book, The Grand Jihad.

http://www.heritage.org/Events/2010/05/ … ge-America

Obama is a devout Christian, tolerant of other religions.

I never said otherwise, though I doubt he is "devout".

2. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very good point!!

3. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

If you really did read his book, why are you quoting him inaccurately?  Here is the exact quote:

Actual quote from page 261 of "The Audacity of Hope":

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

He is specifically talking about Arab and Pakistani Americans in this paragraph.  Muslims are not even mentioned.

So, which is it, did you read the book and intentionally misquote him, or did you find your information somewhere else and assume it was correct?

Thanks, PrettyPanther. You're better than FactCheck and Snopes. Perhaps Tobey can provide a page,paragraph and line reference. Or maybe he heard it on Limbaugh or Beck.

1. profile image0

I have the book in my library.  Of course, Tobey won't be able to provide a reference because he threw the book in the garbage.

1. Wendy Krick profile image64
          Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. Bill Miller profile image60
          Bill Millerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Garbage seems to be a perfect place for the autobiography of a college graduate, I would write mine but modesty and the knowledge that I haven't done anything prevents me.

Good thing it didn't stop the anointed one.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You really had to ask that question?  Conservative pundits feed misinformation to their ignorant (willfully or not) lackeys who then regurgitate it accross the internet.  These wingnuts then cry foul when you catch them in thier deceptive practices and call them out for it.

These people are a frickin joke.

1. profile image0

I know, I'm just trying to get him to admit it.  smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

It's not really a fair fight.  You should try chugging a six-pack of Billy Beer before posting to even the odds.

1. profile image0

Do they even make that stuff anymore?  Will a more elitist brew work, like Full Sail Amber?

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73
              Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oooh, now I'm intrigued. I like a good amber ale, Bell's being my favorite. Tell me more of Full Sail, please...

(Trying to get something worthwhile out of this otherwise so far worthless thread.)

1. profile image0

Ta very much!

If you really wish to be elitist, you'll have to sip on a nice Belgian ale, but Billy Beer would be more appropriate for the situation.

Stroh's is the best recession beer. $16 for a 30-can pack at my local store.

It's funny how the old time "retro" beers are making a comeback.  I thought Pabst had ceased to exist, but among the college crowd in Flagstaff, PBR rules.

2. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Pretty Panther, please stop and think about what you are saying. I mean, think it through. Did you find any way that you can "make" him do anything? Especially, when you are in a forum?

Just a thought.

P.S. If you want to prove him wrong, then DO IT and stop talking about it or trying to make him admit when he is wrong.

Bring the quote "exactly as it is in the book". That solves the problem, without going through what you are.

Just another thought.

1. profile image0

I did provide the quote exactly as it is in the book.  Did you miss that?

I know I can't make him do anything.

You led the horse to water!

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
                Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tiu can lead a wingnut to truth, but you can't make him think.

.......as do the Liberal....

So you see it goes both ways.

3. Bill Miller profile image60

I would stand side by side with Arab and Pakistani Americans if what they stood for was the preservation of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!

Is that what Obama was talking about?

4. Seakay profile image60
    Seakayposted 13 years ago

I don't understand his entire political agenda.  Israel has been our ally for a long time.  He has snubbed Netanyahu.  Our space program has been handed to the Russians.  It seems everything past presidents have done is slowly being disassembled.  He is not a good orator and seems more concerned with the show than the content. I must admit, my prayers have turned to "Please just let this term be over quickly and without incident."

1. CaribeM profile image70
      CaribeMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are entitled to "don't understand his political agenda" after all, political principles affiliation and policy making are a matter of personal "taste" and ideals. But  on the other hand, if someone truly wants to understand Obama's "agenda", is necessary to learn and inform oneself about the history, the roots and complexities of the current economic, political and diplomatic challenges of the USA.

I will strive to reflect about certain matters you number as your evidence for your incomprehension of Obama's "political agenda". I will not presume to know it all, many people here may also provide another details, angles and opinions, but I will certainly provide an informed position on the issues that you mentioned.

1. "Israel has been our ally for a long time.  He has snubbed Netanyahu."
      Yes, Israel have been an ally, or much better, the USA have been a long time ally of Israel. Actually, the USA (along with the UK, the USSR and several Western powers)  helped, through the UN, to create the Israel state in 1948.  Back then, UN's  resolution for the partition of the Palestine not only advocated the creation of a Jewish State (Israel) but also the creation of an Arab State (Palestine). Even as the story of the Arabs and Jewish in the Palestine territory is VERY complex, the main point is that up until this date, the Palestine State have not been recognized by Israel, neither the boundaries of the Gaza strip and the West Bank (both territories that should be under a Palestine state) have not been respected by Israel. The State of Israel, depending on how moderate of aggressive its President, have deployed a project of re-population of Arab occupied lands and communities in order to claim them as part of the Israeli territory. This is one of the main reasons for the violent outbreaks in both territories.

Obama's "snub of Netanyahu" came after the announcement of new settlement projects in east Jerusalem while the Vice-President  Biden was in a State visit in Israel. Biden was there to offer Israel a deal: US support of Israel against  Iran, keeping "all options on the table", in return for Israeli flexibility in the West Bank, which is an immediate  cause of violence between Palestinians and Jews. Certainly, Netanyahu's settlement policies will make even harder to stabilize and to forge a better working environment for the peace in that part of the Middle East. Hence, Obama's alleged "snub" of Netanyahu was a message that deals made between both countries must be respected, also, that USA is behind Israel  as long as Israelis maintain a fair game, and adopt measures to secure a peace agreement with the Palestinians.

USA support of Israeli State should  not be unconditional, must meet the objective to stabilize the zone, and to avoid the creation of  an inflammatory scenario that will enhance the already tense and violent political environment in the Middle East and on the international community.

2. "Our space program has been handed to the Russians." This is not an accurate statement. Where is the evidence?

3. "It seems everything past presidents have done is slowly being disassembled. "  This is a relative argument and an unhealthy  generalization. It is not fair to paint with a wide brush past presidents' policies, as they can't be reviewed and criticized, and also understood in their own political, economic, social, and ideological contexts. Can you provide several specific Presidential  policies that where beneficial to the country that Obama have undone?

4. "He is not a good orator and seems more concerned with the show than the content." This is also a statement that is about "taste" and maybe your definition of what is "a good orator". Can you provide a definition for that concept and some specific contexts and examples of the bad rhetoric  of the current President of the USA? I would like to understand your opinion.

I think he's a pretty good orator.  Although I haven't read or hear of all of Obama's speeches, IMHO, some of the best examples of his command of oratory are: the speech called "A more Perfect Union" (March 2008) , the one at Fort Hood (Nov 2009), the Health Care speech at the joint session of Congress (September 2009) and the Inaugural Speech. There are several others but I think this are probably the best examples. If you haven't seen those, you can find the full texts and videos on the internet. If you have study those speeches we can chat about the flaws of them in terms of what a "good oratory" means, because that is your original point.

Take care.

For some time Israel has been a millstone around our neck.

Well how about having Pakistan weighing down our neck, or Iran, or Iraq, or India, or Korea, or how about Venezuela.  Does the USA need new BFF's?

You got it backwards--Netanyahu dissed Obama and the United States.

5. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

I love watching poeple fall all over themselves to defend this clown.  It's better than arguing with a Cubs fan.  (No offense to Cubs fans, them I respect.)

And of course he never said he just wanted to spread the wealth around.  He never said he wanted to fundamental change America.  He never said there comes a time when you have enough money.  This goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on........................................................

1. profile image0

I didn't defend Barack Obama; I merely pointed out that there is no such quote in his book, then provided you with a reference to the exact page and paragraph that most closely resembles your supposed quote.

Now, stop trying to change the subject, and please explain to us how it is you came upon this quote. Did you actually read Barack Obama's book?  If so, then you intentionally misquoted him to suit your purposes.

Did you find the quote somewhere else and assume it was correct?  If so, you are displaying "willful ignorance," while accusing others of it.

Either way, your credibility is, to put it mildly, screwed.

6. watchya profile image60
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

He is specifically talking about Arab and Pakistani Americans in this paragraph.  Muslims are not even mentioned.

Arab And Pakistani Americans are Muslims.

1. profile image0

Yes, you are absolutely right that most Arab and Pakistani Americans are muslims.  However, Tobey misquoted Obama for the purpose of "proving" that Obama will side with Muslims should things get ugly.  That clearly is not what Obama said in his book, if you read the actual quote.

1. watchya profile image60
        watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But if he says he will stand by them, I think you can read between lines.

1. profile image0

It's all about context, isn't it?

Not everything is about context in life.
            Anyway it's not you or me who can do anything about.
            Seat comfortably in your couch and watch the news . LOL

1. profile image0

Actually, my whole point in entering the thread was to call Tobey out on his intentional misquoting.  After all, if he had stuck to the actual quote, it wouldn't have bolstered his argument about the "willful ignorance" of people who voted for Obama.

Either Tobey lied about reading the book, or he lied about the quote, then had the nerve to call others "willfully ignorant."

roll

Maybe he read between the lines, and simplified the quote for everybody to understand ?

1. profile image0

Funny.  I think you're just playing devil's advocate so I'll leave it at that.  big_smile

I'm a devil. I don't know about the advocate. big_smile

2. leeberttea profile image56

Knowing that Pakistani and Arab Americans are Muslims and that Obama's own father was Muslim and in view of the policies of Obama to use politically correct terms and not to refer to Islamic terrorists as "Islamic Fundamentalists" is essentially ignoring evidence to the fact of Obama's sympathies towards Muslims.

I looked it up for you.

1. profile image0

So, you're saying that the evidence is crystal clear, yet Tobey felt the need to alter the facts to bolster his argument.  Okay.

I'm not suggesting anything is crystal clear, I'm merely pointing out evidence to support Tobey's claim. At the very least we need to consider this evidence, whether it's important or not and whether it matters or not. My personal feeling is, it definitely matters and is important.

1. profile image0

Well, legitimate evidence is one thing; intentional distortions are another.

I think the evidence I presented is legitimate don't you?

1. profile image0

I wouldn't call what you presented "evidence," but I understand that you believe differently.

What would you call it then?

2. rhamson profile image71

You been watching Beck again haven't you?

2. Jeff Berndt profile image73

"Arab And Pakistani Americans are Muslims."

Uh, that's not always the case. Some aren't. There are Arab Christians, Arab Sikhs, Arab atheists, etc. Same with Pakistanis.

7. watchya profile image60
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

Most Pakistani Americans are Muslims. Religion figures prominently in the life of Pakistani American families, and the Quran and the teachings of Muhammad serve as the guidelines that Pakistani Muslims are supposed to follow throughout their lives

Source: Wiki

8. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

All the efforts he's made just seem for nought. Hos medicare bill isnt historic, it might be if it destroes healthcare or revitalizes it. He's just goin to make the resesotion were but atleast he's trying!

1. bschrodt profile image60
      bschrodtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Optimus, I know I am not the greatest speller and have actually got a name wrong on a reply. But, one I don't think you have any facts to back up your hurried boasts nor do you know how to pronouce the words you misspelt. For if you did you would provide where a person could check the claims you made; other then a town or national newspaper, which normally gets things wrong or just point blank leaves out anything that may show that the person they want you to hate is not that bad. So, where did you find the drafts of these items might I ask.

9. Bill Miller profile image60
    Bill Millerposted 13 years ago

"Obama was elected through willful ignorance"

That statement is true, I don't know about the Muslim stuff but certainly a lot of people voted for him who were clearly ignorant!

If you recall African Americans voted for him in droves, 96% to be exact.

Howard Stern sent one of his people into Harlem to ask people about what they thought of Obama's and McCain's policies. Sterns rep twisted things by assigning McCain's policies to Obama and vice versa, he even asked if they were ok with Obama's running mate Sara Palin.

The answers were interesting. The information was out there for people to gather to make an educated decision, that clearly did not happen with these voters, they chose who they voted for on ethnicity alone. That's certainly their right but it doesn't help in electing the best among us.

Obama won in a landside. Sure, a lot of ignorant people preferred him over 4 more years of GOP disaster--two wars and a cratered economy.

1. Bill Miller profile image60

You hit the nail right on the head "a lot of ignorant people" at least you can admit it.

Why you would want ignorant people with you is beyond me, no, wait, it makes perfect sense, never-mind.

lol

2. CaribeM profile image70

Certainly, in any day and twice on Sunday, I will prefer a 66,882,230 "willfully ignorant"  people, than a handful of willfully smarties lightweights that twist and spin with the sound of Beck's, Palin's, Limbaugh's and other of their kind's music.

I have a question though,  if people who voted for Obama are "willfully ignorant", why Palin and her friends hate smart and intellectual people? That means she truly hates Conservatives and its fringe?

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65

You missed my point. The people weren't ignorant at all for deciding they didn't want four more years of Bush policies.

10. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

Certainly some of the people who voted for Obama are willfully ignorant, just like some of the people who are so vocally opposing everything he says or does are willfully ignorant.

Lots of people like to ignore stuff that doesn't fit their world view. They either pretend that facts that don't match their worldview don't exist, or they pretend that the facts aren't true. Both red-staters and blue-staters are guilty.

Seems to me, though, the Obama-haters are more willfully ignorant as a group. I could be wrong, of course. But really, I wish Obama's detractors would concentrate on the stuff that is actually worth complaining about, or else argue their disagreements on an intellectual, rather than an emotional, plane.

I mean, take healthcare reform. Sure, I can understand that some folks might disagree about the way it was done, or that it won't really help, or that it was the wrong thing to do entirely. But to throw around words like "fascist" or "communist" or "socialist"
    (and in many cases using them interchangeably) just makes them look silly to me.

Again, though, Obama is a Socialist is easier to wrap your barin around than something more nuanced and considered, like, "The healthcare reform bill ought not to have these provisions in it, for these reasons, and it ought to have had these other provisions, for these other reasons." It's hard to get people riled up over something like that. Plus, it's harder to fit on a sign.

1. profile image0

Ah, a thoughtful, nuanced post.  Thank you.

Aw, crud, my career as a demagogue is over.

11. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Look, any person in this world can take a statement out of context & twist it whatever way they want. You see it done in all religions, all denominations, all organizations. When a statement is lifted out of context, it creates controversy.

I haven't read the book nor do I want to. The only point I'm trying to make is that text may be twisted & manipulated any way that either side wishes to mishandle it.  The problem is, should we continue to make statements to see where the words may splatter?

I think the best evidence that we are dealing with a narcissist is the fact that he had an autobiography before he had ever done anything! That was pointed out early in this thread by someone else.

Maybe someone who knows more about this can help, but wouldn't narcissism be a form of mental illness or a trait in someone mentally ill?

I ask just for my own education not to suggest Obama is mentally ill.

1. profile image0

Yeah, that's the "best evidence" all right.  It's right there in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.  big_smile

I think its pretty good evidence, how many autobiographies will he have before he is done, he may have wanted to wait until he had actually accomplished something.

But then again he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work in, uhhh, what did he do again?

Oh yeah narcissictic personality disorder is for real. And no, I am not saying (either) that Obama has this disorder.  Lots of people have narcissistic traits. Heck, we deal with em' every day! It does seem a bit "puffy" that the autobiography was already out there, but then, folks may call ME a bit 'puffy' for putting my life out there for the whole world to see!  Just google 'narcissistic personality disorder'. It should tell you all you need to know, plus it's in the DSM manual.

1. profile image0

I should have been more specific. Narcissistic personality disorder is a real mental disorder and is in the DSM.  What is not in the DSM as a criteria for diagnosis for the disorder is publishing an autobiography at a young age.  But, since Bill thinks that is the "best evidence" for the disorder, it must be true, eh?

Is he not a narcissist?

Prove it!

1. profile image0

LOL!  You are freakin' hilarious.  Did you take Logic 101?

I'm sure "Logic 101" isn't necessary to spar with you.

2. livelonger profile image86
              livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm...your style seems very familiar...

A Texan?

Don't you have the ability to check? Sure you do!

It figures.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image73

"[Obama] had an autobiography before he had ever done anything!"

Oh, really.
        Let's look at his resume.
        1967: Barack Obama is 6 years old. He lives in Indonesia, in a house with no stable electricity on an unpaved road.
        1982: In Chicago, as part of the Developing Communities Project, Obama successfully carries out several projects, including school reform, hazardous waste cleanup and establishing a job training center. Later that year, he gets accepted into Harvard Law School.
        1988: begins studies at Harvard Law.
        1990: becomes the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review.
        1991: graduates Harvard Law School with a JD degree, Magna Cum Laude.
        1992: Teaches constitutional law at U of Chicago law school and directs Illinois Project Vote.

1995: Dreams from My Father is published.

I don't know what standard you're using, but going from an impoverished childhood to first black president of the Harvard Law Review doesn't really look like "nothing" to me.

Yeah, a real life of triumph, glad you're impressed.

And here we go with the willful ignoring (or discounting) of facts that do not fit one's world view.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

There have been many people who accomplished a hell of a lot more who didn't write an autobiography. I am not impressed at all about what he did as a child or college student, you may be, but don't present what he did as "fact" he is anymore or less than you or I!

Sorry don't read Latin.

"There have been many people who accomplished a hell of a lot more who didn't write an autobiography."
                So what?

"I am not impressed at all about what he did as a child or college student,"
                Dang, where do you set your bar? By my lights, being President of the Harvard Law Review is quite the impressive accomplishment, never mind being the fist black guy to have that job. But I suppose it's your prerogative to decide that being president of the Harvard Law Review isn't all that impressive.

"but don't present what he did as "fact" he is anymore or less than you or I!"
                No, I don't present it as evidence that Obama is more or less than we are. I present it as evidence that he has accomplished rather more than "nothing" (and probably a lot more than most people at the same point in life) by the time he wrote his autobiography.

2. Doug Hughes profile image61

I find interesting that a man who majored in Law wrote a best seller autobiography. And Sarah Palin who majored in journalism had to hire a ghost writer to pen her book. But the wingnuts can't see the difference between real turf and astroturf.

12. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-books.htm

That so many right-wingers are so willing to swallow easily-refutable propaganda is proof the term "conservative" has more a tribal meaning nowadays than a philosophical one.

13. leeberttea profile image56
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

I'm not suggesting Obama faked his way through school, but it is possible.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/perfect-stu … -v9w5.html

Some say Dreams Of My Father was written by someone other than Obama. Some say it was Bill Ayers that wrote his book.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/ … the_1.html

The phrase "Some say"  in this context can be translated 'This is a lie, I know, but I don't want to be held personally responsible for it".

That's why I included references. Perhaps if you read them you might reach a different conclusion, or perhaps you prefer to practice that willful ignorance we were discussing.

14. bonita5064 profile image61
    bonita5064posted 13 years ago

Rhamson, I think you are an idiot and should stop speaking your mind. Stop reading ignorance into every word.  When I read your statement, I knew in my mind, there is a lot of bias in your voice.

bonita5064

Wow! Bonita that came out of nowhere.  Are you sure you are not a Barracuda the way you sneaked up and ambushed me.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion and I am sure there are many who would agree with you but I have to ask what I have said to make you feel this way?

Everyone is guilty of bias, some more than others.  But the differences is what makes the world go around and the conversation productive.  Name calling never helped understanding of the topics.

Maybe if we lived in a facist state there would be laws you could convict me of for speaking my mind.

15. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

The entire nation operates through "willful ignorance". Pretending we are free. Pretending we are sovereign. The Truth exists, but the masses remain ignorant, simply because they wish to be. They take to heart what is taught in the corporate government schools of indoctrination. The truth is we are all property, all of us.

Fortunately - YOU know the truth. And with no facts or support, you are letting us know  that you know. Impressive!

Yes, quite impressive, and that is unfortunate for far left wing liberal wingdings who refuse to see the icing on the doughnut at this late date.  Not that you can't see the Icing, not intended to be personal in any way.  I'm not even clear if you have now become a right wing "wingnut", if so, I'm proud.

It's the old saying of why let the facts get in the way of a good story. lol

3. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This country is sovereign, what do you mean?

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The U.S.A. was a nation of sovereign people before the Act of 1871.  That has since been abolished.

1. profile image0
          LegendaryHeroposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just read through the thing and I don't understand how the Act of 1871 did this.

The Act of 1871 created a government for the district of columbia, this government is a Corporation.  The jurisdiction of this corporation does not exist outside the 10 miles of DC as well as US territories.  The Corporation of the United States is owned by foreign banking interests.  this combined with the federal reserve act and the creation of the CAPITILIZED strawman eliminated any resemblance to sovereignty for the people that once existed.  I have published a hub on the subject and I am currently working on a hub concerning common and private law.

2. CaribeM profile image70

Probably you read the 1871 Civil Rights Act which was later pronounced unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in 1883. I guess RealityBites refers to the Act of 1971  'An Act to provide a government for the District of Columbia.'

The issue with that Act, from the standpoint of those who are unhappy with the presumed declining state of freedom in America, is that Congress while creating Washington DC, converted the United States from a constitutional republic into a corporation.

I'm sorry to not be able to explain the whole "evidence" of the arguments, because for me is mumble jumble. Sincerely no offense intended for those who could believe in that theory... maybe for me is mumble jumble because I'm not sophisticated enough to get their point.

You are correct. The Corporate Government Education System will not teach these facts.  there is a presumption that the People need to be aware of the law as it impacts them.  (Ignorance of the law is no excuse)or so they say.  We are responsible as a society to educate ourselves about the world we inhabit.

16. Sa`ge profile image60
    Sa`geposted 13 years ago

I sometimes can not believe the straws some people will pull to tear apart any and everything no matter what it is.  Politics and religion are the easiest to get under people skins with, so that is what they use the most.  So long as people like this exist, there will never be peace.  and i am not naming name here. we all know who and what we are so no needs to point a finger at anyone.
    ~PEACE~Aloha~

17. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

It is nice to see the forums being populated by a group with a like mind.  Ahhh peaceful agreement.  CRUSH DISSENT!

Arthur -

I'm disappointed by your reaction. Pretty Panther put the misquote out there in context and the post was a GROSS distortion of what Obama said and what he meant. No one is trying to discourage dissent - but telling lies about people - other hubbbers or the President of the United States is wrong in my book - and yours, too, I believe. I don't presume to know what Tobey100 knew when he posted it- was this his original work or was he parroting from some other source? But the original author was deliberately deceptive and I expected condemnation from those on the right who bear even partial alligiance to the truth.

Doug...I'm disappointed that no lefty has criminalized Obama's clear belief in a religion, or a God, or a higher power, or whatever, just real clear. And are his beliefs perhaps impacting his choices as our POTUS?

Of course I do understand that Christianity is the bad guy and the one to beat up on.....but still, tis very interesting there is no overt, outright, chest thumping objection to Obama and his religions leanings.  Are his beliefs perhaps impacting his choices as our POTUS?

I have to ask what legislation or policy has Obama enacted that would put Christianity on the receiving end?

"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

It is the first amendment of the constitution.  How has he abridged this?

The troll was only trying to provoke me. It wanders around spouting senseless crud.  I have observed other hubbers are starting to just ignore it. There are plenty of conservative hubbers with an honest interest in debating real ideas. This is not one of them.

2. KFlippin profile image61

Never said he has by act of law.  And 'put Chritianity on the receiving end?' -- not pertinent to the post. 

The point is Obama does have religious beliefs, and he has made it clear that 'empathy' should impact even Supreme Court rulings, so for sure his own empathies have to impact his decisions as our POTUS.  Given the rampant atheism of many of you, it is odd you would support any President who believed in a Higher Power.

When the Higher Power is government it does not seem to be a problem. The congregation is the bloated unions.

What "bloated unions?" The fact is that private sector unions have shrunk to their lowest level since the 1930s.

"private sector unions"  I am referring to the anchor of government unions that are bringing down this nation.  The government is growing faster then one of richard simmons clients.  We will not be able to sustain them forever,  the worst part is these govt unions will ride this country into the grave still screaming for their contracts to be fulfilled.

18. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Idaho Republican candidate, Vaughan Ward, pays President Obama a high compliment by plagiarizing his speech word for word!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCF3Vpf6iCg

1. CaribeM profile image70

Good one... Thanks Mr Deeds.

Gee, How it can be since Obama "is not a good orator" like some people argue. lol Maybe Ward is also a "Socialist". wink

19. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

My publication of Degeneration Value also touches on other things that might help bring things into perspective, with regards to the Economy and the Federal Reserve Bank. (not self promote) just could add value to your discussion. smile

20. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 13 years ago

This entire thread is stupid and pointless...

For those who might think that Obama wrote what this thread's original poster claims, your powers of critical thinking are severely lacking...

It's amazing with critical-mindedness, the internet, and 5 minutes of free time before a morning shower can do...

I'm tired of these b.s. "conservative" email-chainmail garbage...

Yet...it is funny to see how many "intelligent" and "successful" people fall victim to their own internal prejudicial biases...

I've debunked several such trashmails that my own family members send out......

Garbage................and those who perpetuate the lies...as opposed to researching first....are worse human beings than those who originally wrote the messages...  How careless, reckless, and dangerous can you behave?

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/d … stand.html

"Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

"The evidence was right there in front of us the whole time and we willfully ignored it to our detriment."<---original topic poster

It seems as though this person is willfully ignorant to me...

"Based on the philosophy of 'know your enemy' I read his books (Who writes two autobiographies before they've done anything?)  One sentence told me exactly who he was and that we were in big trouble.  After reading it I closed the book, put it in the garbage can and said a prayer for this nation."<---original poster

I don't know who you are praying to....but if your God exists...he/she/it knows that you are sadly mistaken...

"This man was elected President of these United States of America.  That one sentence cannot be misinterpreted.  He did not 'misspeak'.  It is not taken out of context.  I defy any Democrat or Liberal to rationize it or explain it away."<--original poster

Easy....obviously you have not read the book...or done any homework on this matter....  I hope you are not so careless when voting time comes around..

This original poster has demonstrated a lesson in "projection."

Being willfully ignorant his or her own self...he or she then pushes this trait onto others...(the American people).

Sadly for this person, but better for the rest of us...the only person who should feel ashamed is the original topic poster here...

Good job showing you lack of research and intellect..

Maybe he suffers from Glen Beck's Tourettes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOh9L60FKw

Enjoy smile

21. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Tobey does display the same drama queen quality as Beckles...."oh woe is me...oh woe"  *sniff* *sniff*....
    Poor America....how will we survive Obama?   *sob* *sob*....

Oh the Paaaaaaain.

Black is right about Beck and the rest of them...anything Obama is Nazi or Communist or Chavez or Castro...

Such an organized swat team of demonizers....you would think they all get the same memos or something!
    hey.....now wait a minute.....
    I read that somewhere....
    it CAN"T be kismet that they all think the same thing???

(Beck: "yeah yeah, i got it...nazi, socialist, communist infiltrator, un-american, traitor....anything else? Now get me my vial of tears, I'm gonna need them tonite....Obama just sent troops to the border...gotta make it look bad!")

22. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 13 years ago

And these same forum-posters often use the "whiner" epithet towards me...and those who think in a similar fashion...

The type of "patriotic" image of the American nation they are trying to create...."One America, Our America..like it or leave it" rhetoricizing.....the real fascism is found within this thinking.

I ponder to think if we were left to a scenario where big business and government will be left to their own devices as these whinners envision.  The "real" patriot and the "right way of expressing it" the way they wish us all to be.

It kind of reminds me of the movie Soylent Green where the government is in cahoots with business to make food from dead bodies.  Maybe the deregulation of these industries is more prophetic sounding more and more.

23. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

If the aspirations of the people who elected Obama as ignorance, it is not their fault. Those who term them as such, are ignorant of the aspirations of the people who elected him.
    A man from the earstwhile slave society becoming the President of that country is not a common thing. It is history.

But I want to see Americans to become more broadminded and elect a woman as their president.

Okay, as long as it's not Sarah Palin or Lady GaGa!

1. Arthur Fontes profile image73
        Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jillian Michaels 2012 she could kick butt.LOL

http://woodenspears.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jillian-michaels.bmp

http://www.wiiliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/jillian_michaels_fhm96.jpg

http://www.l3on.com/images/random/fake-sarah-palin-in-bikini.jpg

How about a tag team match between Jillian and Sarah?

Sarah could pair up with Lady Gaga and Jillian with Michelle Bachman.

http://exiledonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/michele_bachmann_crack_is_wack_2.jpeg

http://mazeofthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/lady_gaga.jpg

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm well aware of the aspirations of the people who elected Obama.
      And he's not from an "erstwhile slave society".   He's from the Chicago gangster-type society and an anti-American-church-mentality;  big difference.
      America corrected its mistakes in the race issue years ago.  The "chickens coming home to roost" quote is vengeful crap outta the mouth of that racist preacher with a chip on his shoulder bigger than Obama's chip.

And as for me, I don't want to see a woman become President, especially just for the sake of illustrating how "tolerant" America is.   There should be a strong decent patriotic MAN who can fill that position effectively.   America missed the boat on that during this past Election.  I hope we don't miss it again the next time.

1. profile image0

Geez, Brenda, it would be nice if you would show just a smidgen of humility now and then.  To say that you "are well aware of the aspirations of the people who elected Obama" is incredibly arrogant and so completely false that I truly cannot contain my laughter.

Not even if'in she's barefooted and pregnunt?

1. profile image0

lol
          especially not.
          Ron you crack me up!  lol

Are women not capable of being president?

1. profile image0

Sure they are.
              But it's best if a man fills that role.
              Men are, by nature, the stronger sex concerning matters of military, physical labor, national security, etc.  (or, are supposed to be anyway.)
              I'm not a women's libber at all.  I expect men to take charge.  I just expect them to do it the right way.

Good.

I command you to be more open minded.

Don't make me come over there to straighten you out. mad

1. profile image0

I still have a crush on you, Ron.  I like it when you order other women around.  big_smile

Should we ask Brenda's blessing of our online shenannigans?

Spoken like a good Evangelical. 'Cause the Bible says women should be ever subservient to their men.

3. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think Al Capone left Chicago some time back Brenda! Last time I was there it was a wonderful International city. I didn't see one gangster! lol

1. nightwork4 profile image61
          nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

brenda , you are what's wrong with the world today. as rude as that may sound, it pales to your posts.

3. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

From the Presidents book;

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging.  They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

You wanted a rebuttal? You have one!
      What is said and what you implied it meant are light years apart.

Very dishonest!

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

hahahaaa
      You two have fun.  I'm going to sleep. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)