why does god let atheists and agnostics exist?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (275 posts)
  1. Troy C. profile image60
    Troy C.posted 13 years ago

Why is it that the creator of heaven and earth would allow himself and those who believe in him to be ridiculed and persecuted. Why he would not only let them exsist but allow them to thrive while here on earth. I asked my Son and he said "free will." That's true but I feel it goes deeper than that. What do you think.

1. Freya Cesare profile image78
      Freya Cesareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your son is correct, indeed free will is the biggest reason of it. God give us life, providing our need, and set the rule for us to follow through religion, but whether we following it or not it is our choice and the risk is ours to face later.

Every human have their right to live and lead their life in the way they want it to be. Wrong or right (no matter who see it) it still great example for each one of us. I believe beyond every differences that we have in religion, culture, etc, lies great lesson about humanity and the mercy of God.  Every moment is priceless, every incident is mean something. But only those who let their eyes and heart wide open will able to see and feel grateful because of it. smile

But it just my opinion though. hmm

Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice response, thank you for your reply. You're right every moment is priceless and we must live it right because tomorrow is not promised to us

My pleasure, Troy. And Please forgive me for the late reply. smile

2. profile image0
        gooberpyleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

freya may the god of abraham,issac,and jacob bless your home and give honor unto your family with peace,happiness,prospairity and wellness and mostly of all salvation shalom.

Ah, that is precious prayer to give. Thank you very much, Gooberpyle. I wish the same for you too. Salam. smile

2. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Troy:
      No offense meant, but you haven't studied the history of your beliefs, or studied the bible you place so much faith in have  you? Seems not.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Meh, they just get upset when the people they have pushed around for centuries finally push back. 

What did the Egyptians do to the Christians?  Nothing because Christians weren't yet invented.

3. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obviously, the simple explanation is that your god doesn't exist. smile

1. profile image0

well i think somebody got up on the wrong side of hiz coffin thiz evenin'' pull the stake outer yer heart bettlejuice quite feedin' on all the christianz blood,i know it taste bettern that foul athist blood but maybez ya could puter salt oner.hi alternator pot i'm back from my 3 day vacation waz funny 2 gotz lotz more stuff,oppz i gota go i smell hair burnin'....offen that hawg i got on the stick,buy now ya hear.

1. spookyfox profile image61
          spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you want people to take their time to read your posts, you should invest some into writing them properly.

2. adrienne2 profile image66
        adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Beelzedad I noticed u said "your god" ok if its his God why wouldnt He exist? It doesnt take your not believing in something to make it not exist. As you said its His God so He-God does exist for him.

1. qwark profile image60

adrienne:
          Thanks for making my point i.e. this god thing is imagined.
          The "believer" can imagine it to be whatever comes to mind....:-)

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Every single believer has their own version of a god. It's like fingerprints, no two are ever alike.

His god exists for him just as much as his unicorn or his leprechaun. smile

1. HubCrafter profile image59
            HubCrafterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Every single believer has their own version of a god. It's like fingerprints, no two are ever alike. His god exists for him just as much as his unicorn or his leprechaun."

For the sake of a little amusement (is it uptight in here or what!?!) let's change the context...just to lighten up the conversation. And change the topic to food.

..ie."Every single Chef has their own version of a recipe. It's like fingerprints, no two are ever alike. His recipe is important to him just like his car or his home."

That said, I'm a Christian and I agree with you.

We all have our own version of a God recipe in our hears or our hearts..(you pick).
            Personally, I take it for a fact that God exists. You disagree perhaps. But that's just your "world" recipe. You believe in and use only the finest ingredients when creating your personal view of the universe.

Others believe in the "secret ingredient". It makes our universe especially tasty to us. Naturally, we offer you a taste.
            Yuck! You say...How can you guys eat that stuff?!?!

So you offer us some of your tasty dish.
            Yuck! We say... That's nasty! We used to eat stuff like that all the time. Now we prefer this..

And so on....

I'm not interested in arguing about WHO has chosen the most tasty recipe. I'm just confused about why you want to come into a kitchen of christian chefs and knock the food?

Why bother?

If you love ...Ford's. Why take the time and trouble to drive down to the local Chevy dealership and argue with the staff and customers, lol?

-I'm not angry. I'm just a little curious is all.

1. profile image0
              Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool, a "foodie-quip".
              I enjoyed the semantic use of food in your reply, Crafter.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Notice that your response indicates your religion is something you have created for yourself and is something you want to perceive and believe, but has nothing to do with what your god wants?

Yes, reality is presented to believers and they prefer their personal fantasies over it.

In other words, why bother presenting reality to Christians? Why knock their personal fantasies?

The last 2000 years of bloodshed over those personal fantasies might have something to do with it.

If you despise reality for what it is, why do you choose to create and live in a personal fantasy? I'm just curious. smile

2000 years ago the conversation went like this: Come with Me, and I will make you fishers of men."

What do you care what my God wants?

Why do you fish in the stream and bait christians?

Did you find some race or creed of men who have never, in 2000 years made war?

Is it so hard to rise up so high on your horse and look down so far below on the ones you despise?

What is this fantasy of yours? Why are you so angry and gladly judging?

Are you so much better than the ones you mock? Who made you a judge over us?

What make you so important as to offer us your world view? You are just another man. You put your pants on, one leg at a time. I'm not impressed by your anger or your comic book words like "despise".

You want so much to be our teacher. How have you earned the right to be our teacher? Have you earned our respect? Have you become a friend? Have you even been invited to preach your gospel of boils and bunions to us? No.

No. You have not come to teach, to encourage or to listen. You came among us to hate and ridicule. So..are you so surprised we don't listen to you? What do you offer us? Certainly not your friendship or your heartfelt concern.

You just hold up your clenched fist. We understand the symbol.

You cannot catch these fish with that bait. If you truly wish to have us listen..speak with respect to us and we will listen. If you just come with anger and sarcasm..you are just making yourself sound foolish and angry.

Is your purpose to challenge our ways and ideas? Speak honestly. We are not deaf.

Did you come to mock and preach? Or to speak like a man does to a neighbor?

1. Beelzedad profile image59

I don't.

I don't.

Just believers, for the most part.

I don't despise anyone.

Yes, I understand why you would assume others are angry and judging your beliefs and that it is them who embraces fantasies.

Your god teaches believers that they're better than me and that they can judge me.

I don't offer you my worldview, only reality.

Yes, I understand how believers assume others who don't share their beliefs are angry and despise them.

Who says I am your teacher?

I never will earn it until I share your beliefs.

Of course not, why would believers be interested in reality?

So sorry you have to fabricate stories to support your position.

Not at all.

Reality.

Yes, I understand that. I don't share your irrational beliefs so there will never be a friendship as far as you're concerned.

Yes, again the need to fabricate stories to make your point.

Yes, I understand believers assume others will respect their irrational beliefs, when the beliefs offer none themselves. I'm sure the offering of reality does sound foolish and angry to believers.

Unfortunately, believers don't know much about honesty and never listen to reason.

It is interesting that you spent so much time focusing on me personally rather than attempting to form an argument. I understand that it is very difficult to do so in the face of reality when fantasy is all there is for support. But, I do understand this tactic from believers, it has become common place here. smile

So..why do you come here?

Neither of us take the other's position.
                    As you say, there is no relationship or friendship to be gained.

So why is it you bother to visit this forum?
                    The reality of what you get out of it escapes me.
                    Your purpose.

4. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is good and bad, love and hate, hot and cold, but we could not recognize one without the other to experience both is knowledge. Also your son's answer of "free will", would have no bearing, no value if both did not exist.

1. Dave Barnett profile image56
        Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pretty lofty ideas for a bunch of clothes wearing simian offspring. Oh, for a new song, brought to me on a divine breeze of inspiration, casting off all doubt, revealing in the revelation, providing that which you obviously crave... to be one with he who lives forever, yet it is he who has allowed you to blind your eyes, and so your understanding, for this is what you so secretly seek, this is what you have, unbeknownst to your conscious mind, prayed for. Beware not to ignore that which you cannot perceive with your senses, for these things are for even more hidden aspects of the human mind. You perceive a window of glass as solid, when in truth, it is a very slowly flowing liquid.

Thanks for that Dave.

Bartender! ...I'll have what he's having!

..cuz I don't get your point...or understand, what the heck you're trying to say, lol.

Let's pretend I'm ten years old...break it down for me. Real simple.

5. Don W profile image81
      Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd expand on your sons answer which already runs quite deep if you think about it.

My understanding of the Christian faith is that the Christian god is supposed to be perfect. Isn't perfect love considered to be unconditional love? As such doesn't unconditional love require freedom on the part of the recipient? Freedom to make mistakes, to do wrong etc. Otherwise it's not unconditional. But likewise isn't the Christian god supposed to be perfectly just also?

With that in mind, would it be fair to say that according to the Christian faith, if someone chose a different path they would still be loved because that is unconditional (perfect love). But they would also be allowed to go down whatever path they chose, including ridicule of the Christian god, because the right of human beings as free agents will always be respected (perfect justice)?

So in relation to the question "why . . . the [Christian god] "allow[s] himself and those who believe in him to be ridiculed and persecuted". Is it because that is a by-product of allowing free will? And free will is a manifestation of perfect love and justice? Wouldn't lack of ridicule need lack of free will? Wouldn't lack of free will mean the Christian god is not perfectly loving and just? And is it not the case that, according to Christian theology, a being without such attributes would by definition not be god?

From all of that, can we then conclude that if we start with the Christian assumption that god exists and has these attributes, then it's logically necessary for free will to exist also, and consequently the by-products of free, including persecution and ridicule? Indeed can we conclude that these things have to exist if the Christian concept of god is correct, as anything else would be inconsistent? And can we therefore conclude, given that assumption, that persecution and ridicule are a logical necessity (because free will is a necessity) in light of the Christian concept of god, as these things must logically exist if the assumption "god exists" is true?

So did the answer your son gave run quite deep? I think it did.

1. profile image0

WRONG!!! their are conditions, god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son,so that whosoever should BELIEVE IN HIM should not perish but have life everlasting,all who don't except the lord Jesus the christ is condemned to a devil's hell to burn in torment forever and ever amen.shalom

1. Don W profile image81

Thanks for your comment. No need to shout though.

As far as I'm aware, according to Christian belief, the god of Christianity loves freely, not based on what is deserved. It's my understanding that there is nothing any human being can do to 'deserve' that love. In that sense, it is a gift, and a manifestation of perfect love which, according to Christian theology, is one of god's attributes.

As far as I understand it those who don't accept that gift are not unloved by the Christian god. I believe a Christian would argue that no one is unloved by god regardless of their attitude towards god or Christianity. But there are natural consequences (usually positive) to accepting love and help from an omnimax super being. Likewise there are natural consequences (usually negative) of not accepting the love and help of such a being. But it's not a case of reward and punishment as such.

My understanding is that it's more analogous to a parent and child. At some stage your child becomes an adult, an individual in his own right. You'd love for him to listen to you, take advantage of all the experience, knowledge and wisdom you have accumulated. Not because you are an egomaniac, but because you love him and know it would help him. However you recognise his dignity as a free agent and an individual. So you advise, counsel, and offer help, but never force because you absolutely will not strip him of his dignity as a free agent. So ultimately only he can decide whether to take that advice and help.

If he chose never to accept your help, and instead chose to reject you that would be his choice. But not having the benefits of your help and advice, and not being in your presence would not be your punishment of him for rejecting you. It would be a consequence of the choice he has made freely. If however he wanted your help and advice, you would not give it because he 'deserved' it (he may not). You would give it because you love him.

So my understanding is that the love of the Christian god is not conditional on what we do or think. It is always there. But us benefiting from a relationship with god is conditional on whether we choose to enter into one. If we choose not to, we're still loved, but god will not force us into a relationship. Instead our dignity as agents of free will is honoured. So if our choice is to be without god, then ultimately without god is what we will be. But if we choose to have a relationship with god then we are accepting the love, help and advice being freely offered and we will ultimately continue to receive it.

That's my understanding of Christian belief in relation to this, pulled together from various places. I'd be glad to here how you arrived at your understanding as I'm interested in such things.

2. HubCrafter profile image59

"My understanding of the Christian faith is that the Christian god is supposed to be perfect. Isn't perfect love considered to be unconditional love? As such doesn't unconditional love require freedom on the part of the recipient? Freedom to make mistakes, to do wrong etc. Otherwise it's not unconditional. But likewise isn't the Christian god supposed to be perfectly just also? "

YES!
        There's no contradiction when I describe (for example) my favorite teacher in college as, "tough but fair". He disciplined but he also was forgiving when I had a bad day. He wasn't some hard case EVERY day..He'd never be MY favorite, lol! And he wasn't some weasel who always avoided confrontation either. He had an idea of where the whole class was going in the lesson plan. But he'd take the time to listen and answer questions..but he's got a goal in mind..we're going to cover this much material and he cares about our needs.
        It's not an easy job..being a teacher. He's gotta balance things. Be strong and unchanging about his main goal...but he's gota be flexible with his individual students...cuz he cares about them.

Wow! You really seem to "get" the theology under this Christianity!

6. profile image0

god allowes dispear head and his bunch ta run round loose causen he knowz they ain't got long leften ta spread their manuer round an try to pervert good folks into their twisted, preverted,evil thoughtz by the way head ,got yer smartelicky  comment .answer ta that come over ta the house and i'll tranzlate over a big ol' helpin' o  fat back and possum gritz,come on by pull yer shoez offen and stay a while we'll have er shot er moon an have a right nice vizit. might even take ya down ta see the gatorz ya'll come back now ya hear,

7. jpwriter profile image62
      jpwriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Why he would not only let them exsist but allow them to thrive while here on earth."

I think God is strong enough to handle a human's disbelief.  For those simple believers in God, who never gave a thought but to follow, their devoutness is rigid, at times, and harms others (hating in the name of God).  For many Agnostics, and Atheists, there is often a spiritual path and personal enlightenment.  Perhaps more acceptance and tolerance, but not in a bad way.

Agnostics/Atheists are not bad or all just simply existing. One does not need God, a "religiously defined god" for spiritual fitness & happiness.  Some Atheists & Agnostics DO thrive just as some Christians are in misery.

I'm Agnostic, Troy.  Mainly because the things that I have seen and experienced in this often cruel world make me wonder how, if there is this god/loving creator, can so many things happen without a supreme being interceding.  I get the free will concept, but there are many reasons for disbelief in god.

I was an Atheist young (12,13).  I hated God, church, the whole charade.  What I saw was families who got all dressed up for the rest of the church, made sure to donate & get that place passed around, pretended they were fantastic, then lived such hypocritical lives outside.  If THAT was believing in God then count me out!

So, we are stuck w/free will. I wish we could unite our consciousness to heal the world.  Maybe then we could all learn to thrive.

8. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would have been much simpler to have judgement day on day eight. Simpler, but pointless.

9. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your son is right; it is free will; nobody could harm Him with derision and ridicule; it is enough for suffering to miss to accomplish the purpose of creation and life while one could have achieved it and it was within one's reach.

10. DavePrice profile image61
      DavePriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The only answer I know is this: when my child leaps off the floor to wrap her arms around me and tell me she loves me, I want her to do it because it was entirely her idea - not because I told her to, not because I prescribed 5 times a day to do it, not because I told her exactly how I wanted it done. I want her to do it because she wants to do it. Why do we think God is any different? And why does anyone worry about an athiest in the first place? I'm not responsible for his opinion of God, he is. I'm only responsible for my own opinion and it matters to no one except me - so why should I worry about someone else's opinion, belief, unbelief, interpretation, understanding, or any other human device we use to define our existence? I believe, someone else does not believe - surely we can coexist without judgement, disdain, derision, argument or any other mental abuse leveled at the other side. We're all still human, suffering all that humans suffer in this life; surely we can live it side by side without adding to it.

11. Friendlyword profile image60
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are too many cultist in this world to stick on a dessert island somewhere...so the rest of us have to live with you. And you have to live with us. It's called civilization.

12. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your son is correct Troy, according to what is taught

God created all of us equaly and gave us all the freedom of choice. He promised not to interfear with that, so thus we are allowed to choose.

and we are allowed to thrive and survive. It is our choice to make.

1. spookyfox profile image61
        spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's not a choice. You can't choose to start believing in Santa right now anymore than I or any atheist can choose to believe in god.

2. Friendlyword profile image60

"God created all of us equaly and gave us all the freedom of choice. He promised not to interfear with that, so thus we are allowed to choose.

AS LONG AS WE ALL CHOOSE WHAT SOME CULT SAYS WE SHOULD CHOOSE. AND JUST SO YOU KNOW...BEING FED TO LIONS, MASSACRED BY THE THOUSANDS, AND EXTERMINATED IS PERSECUTION!

STOP USING THAT WORD SO LOOSELY AND VAINLY!

IN UGANDA RIGHT NOW; CHRISTIAN HAVE PUBLISHED A LIST OF ONE HUNDRED GAY PEOPLE THEY WANT MURDERED! IN UNITED STATES GAY PEOPLE ARE BEING THROWN OUT OF THEIR MILITARY AND SLAUGHTERED IN THIER STREETS. AND A SYSTEMATIC EXTERMINATION OF BLACK MEN IS BEING CARRIED OUT IN MOST OF THE DEVELOPED NATIONS; ALL DONE BY THE LONG SUFFERING AND PERSECUTED CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM AND JEWS.

1. profile image0
          Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so who is really being persecuted then?

1. Friendlyword profile image60

Everyone who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew!

3. profile image0

it's a forced choice

13. profile image52
      neomasmithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because they God's son too. He loves them unconditionally..........
      http://dermatal.net/

14. wilmiers77 profile image60
      wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

God loves everyone unconditionally. God shows mercy and gives grace unto All. Yes, free will is part of it.  Jesus said  our Father shows all former, and gives rain on the weeds and the grain, and harvests the weeds with the grain. At the storage barn the weeds is separated for the grain and the weeds is burned in the end.

15. BDazzler profile image77
      BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If God's name is I AM then perhaps we can understand God by understanding what IS.

Love compelled is not love therefore for love to exist, there must be choice.
      Choice without consequence is meaningless therefore there must be consequence.

Faith is not the absence of doubt, but the courage of conviction in the midst of doubt.

All atheists and agnostics are not the same. Some are truly seeking and doubt God, primarily because of the hypocrisy of those who claim to believe but act like God does not exist. Others actually know God exists and are in denial. We humans cannot know the heart and mind of another.

If God is truth then the honest doubt of the atheist who is not compelled by fear but is, indeed seeking truth is more pleasing to God than are the false claims of faith that give lip-service to belief, but act as though God does not exist.

On the other hand, there are those who have chosen to claim disbelief rather than admit that their doubt goes the other way, they believe in God but don't want to deal with the consequences of God's existence not realizing that actions and inactions have consequence.

Thus, He allows all things, including the existence of that which seems antithetical to Him to exist, because He is the I AM.

Of course, that's just my opinion wink

1. profile image0

I am seeking truth. I'm not so sure that truth involves a deity

1. BDazzler profile image77
          BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My opinion is that said hypothetical deity is thrilled with your seeking smile

16. bodylevive profile image59
      bodyleviveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In reply to the original question: Why is it that the creator of heaven and earth would allow himself and those who believe in him to be ridiculed and persecuted. Why he would not only let them exsist but allow them to thrive while here on earth. I asked my Son and he said "free will." That's true but I feel it goes deeper than that. What do you think.

Because He (the Creator) knows the outcome of all. The outcome of satan and his followers has been predetermined, read The Book of Revelations, it will bless you, reveal to you, inspire you and tell you what, why and when. Christians have been persecuted,  ridiculed, nailed to a cross and beheaded  since the time of Jesus. Those who follow in the path of destruction will be included in the destruction of the anti-christ and his followers. The Word is true and all this must come to pass before the destruction of those who persecute and redicule the followers of Christ. There will be no place for such in the new heaven and earth.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree; the Creator-God Allah YHWH does not force anything on any body, and allows freedom in this world.

But Jesus is no creator of heaven and earth; he is Son of Man as he himself proclaimed.

17. profile image0
      dankendkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Except from free will, the suffering, disbelief, etc. are allowed to show us how evil sin is...

God loves everyone... He hates the sin not the sinner and He is merciful and just...

18. lone77star profile image74
      lone77starposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Troy C., I agree with your son. "Free will" is so vital. It's part of the answer.

ATHEISTS AND AGNOSTICS vs. EVIL HEARTS

Frequently, atheists and agnostics are right. How many abuses have there been from the church and from religion? And there are so many different interpretations of the Bible. Who is right?... Is anyone right?

So many "righteous" people go to church, do the right things, yet have evil hearts, full of judgment. These people have "free will," too, but they've turned... to the "Dark Side."

SPIRITUAL AWAKENING

The spiritual awakening that is the salvation of every major religion on this planet is not something for the ego to triumph over. It never can. Ego is the source of all evil (selfishness), whether it is religious evil, scientific evil, political evil or garden-variety evil. Yet, so many of the religious get it wrong. They start wars. They ruin lives. They ostracize truly caring people, and then wonder why problems arise. And then they wonder why the flames of hell are licking at them.

THE CHURCH AND FREE WILL

For over a thousand years, the wrong  people ruled the church. Anyone who disagreed was tortured or killed. Thank goodness for "free will." And thank goodness for democracy! Democracy helps to make accountable those who wield power. It helps to give us the freedom to search for truth based on our own conscience, rather than repackaged "Gospel" based on the fears and lusts of a Byzantine emperor. Justinian couldn't get the Pope to attend his council, so he kidnapped him and held him for 6 years. That truly was the beginning of the "Dark Ages."

Now that Inquisitions and burnings at the stake are no longer in vogue, we can exercise our "free will" more openly. Certainly, "free will" results in a measure of chaos. Freedom is always messy and unpredictable.

Some will choose to use their "free will" to create compassion. Others will use it to create more selfishness. Spiritual awakening requires that "free will," because awakening requires our decision. We must choose to awaken as spiritual beings, if we are to do so. It cannot be forced upon us.

19. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts are ...
      He does this for the same reason that he created rabbits and foxes,  Butterflys and flowers. honey and brown bears.

For the same reason he created Iron ore and Fire.

Creation is an ongoing process Something is constantly   being created.
      Once anything is created it has to be tested.

The next creation always tests the previous.
        This is part of the creative process.
        And always will be.

And God saw this and said  "This is Good!"

20. khrysteena profile image57
      khrysteenaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have not read every single comment on this hub post, but I think I have read enough. The question as to why God let such people, atheists and agnostics, exist, the question can be answered in many ways. If murder is a sin, why would God commit murder. If you are an innocent mind as a child, and you take a different path as your destiny, how is God to control the way you are wanting to go. He put you on his earth to live and then to die. If that is early in life, or late, whatever the case, he is not going to take you out of the world because you don't believe in him, I'm sure those weren't his intentions in the first place. But I think he is just testing those who claim to believe in him, he has to otherwise how does he know if the love, belief, and faith is true.

2. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I agree with your son. Free will. 
    Look at it this way, would you want your girlfriend or wife to love you because that is all she knows, she has no choice to do so.

Or would you like the fact that she loves you even though she doesn't have. She could choose to love any other man in the world but she picked you.

I means more doesn't it.

Yes, I would not want a "Steford Wife" (I hope I spelled that right) but as I often remind her, she was blessed to get me, LOL.  Alas, with God the ramifications run much deeper than mere human relationships.

3. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

well God has a purpose for everything.. HE is not a dictator who wanted to control our lives, the free will is so correct. But you know what in the right time, in the light of God, the eyes atheist will be opened to acknowledge the presence and existence of an ever-living Almighty God. :-)

1. qwark profile image60

Claudin:
      Would you offer one line of biblical scripture that mentions free will for us. I don't mean a line that one can interpret to mean free will....the actual words: free will....ty

1. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
        Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah sure, a moment please :-) I'll reach for my Bible

2. Claudin_Dayo profile image60

oh qwark Im so sorry to tell you but there is no such thing as the exact word free will in the Bible but there had been a lot of passages that points out that man was Given by God the right to choose which is literally interpreted as free will :-)

1. qwark profile image60

Claudin:
          I spent 2 1/2 yrs as a christian seminarian and bible scholar.
          There is no mention of free will in any monotheistic scripture.
          I can understand tho, why so many misinterpret biblical scripture, it is filled with mistakes, contradictions and childish stories which compare to the most fantastic fairytales. It becomes obvious to me, why there are over 39,000 differing protestant interpretations (sect/cults) worldwide which will proclaim that they, each and every one, have the "truth."

so your point is there's no such thing as free will? Or did I get you wrong qwark.. hmm

1. qwark profile image60

Claudin:
              I don't think I said there's no such thing as "free will."
              My point is that many religious hubbers mention free will as something this biblical god thing construed. As tho it is to be read in scripture...and it's not!
              One who studies biblical scripture can construe free will from some of their readings.
              If there were this god thing and it was omniscient omnipotent and omnipresent, why would/could one imagine that it would create its children imperfectly and give them free will, then punish them for making mistakes? Most believers read without giving thought to what they have read. They exist as "followers," not thinkers who are involved in the subjects: logic and reason.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
                Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

quark, Freewill is when you have a choice. Somehow, you have misunderstood the meaning. The bible does not always use the exact word. By understanding the bible, you would see that God gives everyone a choice to believe in him or not. How are the scriptures filled with mistakes? The bible states that God is perfect. Did you ever read Deuteronomy Ch.32:4, second Samuel 22:31.The meaning is very clear. I encourage you to read the book of Genesis. Adam and Eve were perfect before they took a bite of the forbidden fruit. Their wrong behavior is what brought sin into this world, and this is the reason things are not perfect anymore. God is not the one to blame.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

quark, Were you forced not to believe in God?

Hi Claudin, I agree that God will open the eyes of the atheist at the right time also.

I saw a video, not sure but it sounds like a documentary a certain atheist said that it is easy to be one but when you are already lying on the bed and you are about to die, well the confusion and mind bulging ideas feels like hell ! Dying without knowing where you're going is a total ewness and frustration.
        God is soOOoo gracious, He gives sufficient time to everyone to repent, accept Him and be saved smile

Amen!

2. J.R. Smith profile image57
        J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is written "every knee shall bow"

1. profile image61
          tommyjposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Many, many things are written.

I don't care what you believe. It's irrelevent to me. If free will makes you feel better about yourself and your god then so be it.

Anyone truly interested in knowing the truth about what the Bible says regarding Free Will should know that it says in matters of one-true-god belief it doesn't exist.

'Calvinism' or 'T.U.L.I.P.' are good search terms for those wanting to learn the truth of the matter.

Free-willers have to push free will because they know that otherwise their god is a monster. But there is simply no biblical support for their claims.

The truth of the matter is locked inside of you...search for the key to unlock your doors of perception, for he resides in you, seek him out, for he is there. It is you that must initiate, and in so doing, the apocalypse of being within reveals that which your spirit has known from the beginning. Why let me, or someone like me tell you, for your spring wells from within you.

tommyj, Freewill means that we are free to make our own choices. Do you not make your own choices everyday?

4. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

God allows everyone to have freewill. This is why he allows athiests to exist. When believers are persecuted for Christ sake, we shall rejoice. Our true character is revealed when we stand on God's word and our faith in spite of persecution.

Amen W. O. C., Amen. Claudin you are so right.

oh, smile thanks Troy..

5. 2besure profile image79
    2besureposted 13 years ago

God is not a puppet master.  He gives everyone free will to choose to believe in Him or not.

yeah right that's why there's a place we call heaven and hell. Do you believe on that?

6. Master Life profile image60
    Master Lifeposted 13 years ago

God has given everyone a free will meaning we can choose what we want to think or believe but the truth is that Jesus is Lord and God is the most high there is no one or nothing above Him.  God is a God of unconditional love, there is nothing you can do, think or believe that will stop Him from loving us.

7. J.R. Smith profile image57
    J.R. Smithposted 13 years ago

Isn't free will implied when God said to not eat of the tree? That's in the very begining. Then there are countless accounts where people made choices.  Are you looking for the words "free will", or will you accept their meaning? There are many references to the "will of man" as well as the "will of God"
    Matt 8:3 ,18:14,26:39 KJV . not sure you have a bible or not, but will is all over it.

1. profile image61

Sure there are places in the Bible that seem to imply free will. But it is never spelled out, and nothing supporting of it contradicts the scriptures which make it very clear that free will in belief of christianity does not exist.

Man thinks he makes a choice to believe and serve, or otherwise, but this is just an illusion, according to the Bible. The good work -assumed as choosing to believe- is not done by unregenerate man, it's impossible, according to the Bible.

Belief and salvation come only through hearing the gospel with 'ears to hear'. 'Ears to hear' are granted only by God. The Bible is explicitly clear on these things.

J.R., I agree. Choices were made by people in the very beginning, and throughout the bible.

8. profile image61
    tommyjposted 13 years ago

According to the Bible, atheists aren't 'allowed' to exist, but rather they are an intentional part of God's grand plan.

It seems that believers cannot know God's great glory without being witness to carnegie and destruction. So to make believers better appreciate the saving grace of salvation, atheists were created as a glaring contrast.

There's no 'free will' about it. You cannot save yourself by choosing God, for you -as a human- are simply not capable of such goodness, according to the Bible. Believers are unconditionally elected to salvation through no merit or choice of their own.

And likewise, atheists are unconditionally elected to damnation, through no merit or choice of their own.

This is what the Bible says, at any rate. But even christians typically don't care what the bible actually says.

1. J.R. Smith profile image57

As well as choice. not only contrast, but as a choice for people to decide to believe or not.

1. profile image61

Except for that the choice you think you make is only an illusion, according to the Bible.

tommyj, I will pray that God open your your eyes and reveal what the scriptures actually mean. I am not here to argue.

3. profile image0

atheists are pre-destined by god to burn in hell, yet people are supposed to have "free-will" - makes a lot of sense - not!

We make choices everyday. You have chosen to believe that God does not exist anymore. Freewill are relating to choices. It makes a lot of sense.

1. profile image0

how does pre-destined and free choice together make sense?

God does not force anyone to go to hell.You choose whether you go to hell or heaven by your own actions. People have hurt you. Is that a reason to hate God? The devil is the evil one, not God. Don't allow the devil to fool you.

1. profile image0

you side-stepped the question.  I don't hate god.  I am not fooled by any devil.  I am not choosing to go to an imaginary hell

Your question was not side-stepped. I answered it clearly above. Perhaps it was not the answer you were looking for. By reading some of your posts, it shows how bitter you are toward God. Did you believe it was a devil when you were a christian? I pray for you if you think hell is imaginary. Once again, I am truly sorry for all you been through.

1. profile image0

I'm not bitter. Cynical maybe, but not bitter

9. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

It's called free will......that's what we have. to choose God or not to. Of couse He hopes we will choose him...read one of my latest hubs smile

1. profile image61

Better yet, read the Bible, and you'll see you're mistaken.

Will is all over the bible, and it is quite specific. do you want passages?If you've read it yourself, how could you deny will and choice? I'll bet it's in every book, if not on every page?

1. qwark profile image60

JR Smith:
          I have to lol at the sillyness of your comments and others who believe as you do.
          You seem to remember scripture like I used to. To be able to blurt it out at a moments notice, never knowing what you just said and the inanity of it.
          1. There is no scripture that defines this god thing in any manner but opinion and conjecture...I challenge you to produce just 1.
          2.There are so many irrational, unreasoned and thoughtless comments in genesis that it amazes me how many can consider any of it to be anything but fantasy.
          3.The intention of this god thing in ref to the future of its creations is psychotic.
          4.To be omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and perfect would mean to any rational human that
          a."it" could never create a mistake,
          b.would, as a loving "father" never allow his children to suffer.
          c.could have create absolute perfection.
          d.would never have let a "snake" in a tree tempt his children.
          e.would have given his children knowledge before punishing    them.
          Oh it goes on and on and on.....
          The perversions of this supposed perfect "god thing" are so grievous that "it" reminds me of the legendary stories of Odin.  I doubt that any of you have read them.
          My stomach is hurting from laughing so hard as I type.
          Gosh I hope I didn't offend anyone by stating the truth.
          The last time I guffawed I got banned...I'll just sit here and chuckle......:-)
          't

I actually have to read it continually. I admire your opinion, I just don't agree with it. Most of you atheists have very little to back yourself on. You exhibit a hatred for the bible,perversing it to meet your needs. You will never accept the notion that you could be wrong about anything. Perhaps the reason you can't accept God is because you'd have to worship something besides yourself. Laugh away, It won't change my opinion. Is this about the "will" thing? Sorry,it's in there. As for your "challenge", You know I cannot prove he exists anymore than you can prove he doesn't. The challenge of a coward. Your need to attack believers tells the whole story. Laugh, Guffaw, whatever. I've watched you as you've watched me,you are hardly an intellect and your opinion couldn't mean less. I would laugh and guffaw, but it's actually quite sad.

1. qwark profile image60

J.R.
              I hope you don't read your bible the way you've read my comment. You read it and made presumptions based on nothing I said. My goodness. You seem to be so easily led by your obviously bigoted sense of correctness.
              I am not an atheist, agnostic, deist or a believer in mythical supernatural divinities.
              I never asked you to prove anything! Where did you come up with that assumption? I asked you to define that which your bible doesn't, except in opinion and conjecture i.e. what is this god thing you worship? Pls provide scripture, for me. 
              You seemingly read that with no understanding. I can understand why you are confused by the bible if you read with no more understanding than you just exhibited.
              How/why can you call me a "coward" when it's you who back off when cornered with a challenge you KNOW you cannot defend yourself against?
              How do you know I'm not an "intellect?" You judge me?...lol
              There is nothing in any monotheistic scripture that uses the words "free will." You can only read and assume that this mythical god thing, which couldn't create perfection, gave an "imperfect" man free will and knew from the git-go that "it" had created "imperfection" and would, eventually have to destroy and punish his children...even destroy them 1 by one.
              I have never in my  60 yrs met a devout believer who was a thinker. All have been obsequious followers. You have alota company.
              I wish the best for you and hope that you wallow in bliss for many years to come......:-)

Wow. I can't believe you are that old. you sound much younger. You did challenge,read the posts. Since you don't allow bible, the whole thing is opinion to you. If you can't find the word will in your bible, what can I say? It's there. It's all through it literally and in definition. It doesn't really matter, since you don't believe,anyway. As for your intellect, I've seen you on various posts, you will never foresee yourself as possibly being wrong. You lash out at believers,chasing religious forums with whatever it is you believe. You have never met a thinker that didn't have the same views as you,I'm sure. As for judging you, you attacked me, remember? You make little sense,attacking freewill. Are you not in charge of your posts? Are they pre-destined? Hardly scientific. As for my comprehension,I can't see why you are confused,just that you are.

1. qwark profile image60

J.R. You made a statement, What am I confused about? can you back up that comment with anything other than opinion and conjecture?
                  If you can, you will excite and astound me!
                  If you can't, I just have to consider that you aren't a credible hubber. You offer info you have no understanding of.
                  I'd have to consider you to be a typical believer in monotheistic myth who hasn't done his homework and has no intention of doing so.
                  Pls, pay attention now. Offer me scripture in any monotheistic tome that defines this "god" thing in any manner other than opinion and conjecture.
                  You can't.
                  And, as far as "free will" is concerned, why would a perfect entity create the necessity for it when "it" could have created a perfect being and a perfect world for it to exist within and upon?
                  Pls think about this before you offer a trite religious reply.
                  TY...:-)

You full well know that I cannot provide scripture that you will accept. You know that I use a bible,and that is not acceptable to you. I believe and you don't. If I do make a point, you will respond with insult. Your gibberish doesn't even make sense when you read the posts back. You wouldn't tolerate anything less than God's DNA. Best of luck to you.

2. profile image0

yes, what sort of parent uses such trickery?  Then punishes them way out of proportion to the crime?

2. Dave Barnett profile image56

IF cause and effect is true, and this is part of the science that supplants that which religion is all about, then your free will is adversely effected by so many variables that it really can't be called free will. On the order of "Life is what happens while you're busy maling other plans" We maintain a minor control which extends only minutely beyond our own personal space. IF to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, then free will is something which really doesn't exist. The only free will is given by the divine, and then the choices are heaven or hell.

1. profile image61

Yeh, this too. Excellent points, more or less, until the last sentence or thereabouts. Free will is just an illusion.

10. profile image57
    exorterposted 13 years ago

God allowed Adam and eve to eat the forebiden fruit, god allows people to do what they want to it is their choice, if people want to choose to deny Him it is their choice. Denying God is not what He would want, but it is peoples choice, besides that if some a few of the atheists see and hear the right things from the Christians they just might convert. We must throw the right seeds and just mabe they will tare root and become one of God's people.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. Each subsequent step is necessary to complete the journey and reach the destination. The destination? Complete civilization of man. That is why we are here.

11. profile image49
    william345posted 13 years ago

What you should do is follow jeasus and dont pull anay stupid tricks!

Jesus be leadin'. I don't see you. Must be bringin' up the rear.

12. J.R. Smith profile image57

it is all over the bible. It's called "will", since free will is a redundant term. Did you not mention the bible first? I'm sorry to point it out, but the will of man is not only all over the bible, but it is very specific. You ought to read it sometime. You claim to have, but if you can't wrap your head around the presence of will in the  bible,I can't believe you've read it. Here are just a few passages directly involving will,have someone read it to you.
    Matt 8:3,18:14,26:39  Mark 3:35  John 1:13,4:34

1. profile image61

I agreed that it is so. What you fail to understand is that the biblical reality of predestination does not in any way rule out the illusion of your free will.

So you are allowed to think that you chose to believe, and that by doing so you accomplished your own salvation via your own pre-regenerate desire for a god in your life. That is your viewpoint.

However, the Bible also makes it very clear that your viewpoint is incomplete, and that your desire for a god in your life came not from the unregenerate you, but from the god which called you.

It becomes increasingly clear to me that you have much to learn about the bible if you cannot even intelligently discuss predestination. Predestination allows for your illusions of free will. There is no need for me to dispute it. Free-will as you define it in the matter of choosing salvation does not in turn allow however for predestination. So the burden is on you to make them compatible.

I have heard some interesting ideas there. You offer nothing. It's pretty clear you don't even know what you're talking about.

I've said what I came to say, explaining to the OP that atheists are a part of God's plans, biblically. I won't waste any further time rehashing the same old uninformed arguments of free-willers I've already worked my way through some 12 or 13 years ago.

Good luck with that.

No, we do not accomplish our own salvation. It is offered to all of us, but the accomplishment is all God's. That's in the book,too.
        We are not pre-destined. the bible does not support that at all. We have been given choice. It's clear I don't know what i'm talking about? I gave you several passages refuting your arguement. As for an intelligent conversation, you insulted first. It's clear you have not read the bible. Pre-destination removes the need for scripture or law, anyway. You defeated yourself with your own arguement!  Best of luck to you.

Damn! Wish I had said that:))

2. profile image57
          exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

tommyj, I agree God does call, but we do not have to answer, God has a task for us, but we do not have to do it, God would rather not have un-believers, God would rather not have starving children in the world, but man has made a mess of every thing, that is not God's will.
          I agree predestination is a fact, but we do not have to live up to it, it is our choice, we do not have to live up to what God expects.
          again it is our choice.
          It is all ways our choice,

Everything is God's will. There is no will but his. No matter what I choose. What will be, will be. If I choose left, then God will catch me on the left, if I choose right, then God will catch me on the right. To believe less, denies the power. One for sure...I will be caught.

1. profile image57
              exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is your choice if you follow God or not

2. profile image49

could you be one of my friends?,the holy bible dose tell the truth ,in addition  holloween is a bad holiday it is the devils holladay but i do not like it because  people like to play pranks on you ,they would put drugs and nife blades in your kids candy you should go to the hopital to get your chilrends candy exrayd befour eating it.

A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse! Alas poor Yorich! I knew him, Horatio. Heark! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the moon, and Juliet is the sun! That's what I said, an' I ain't repeatin' nor repealin'.

God allows atheists and agnostics to satisfy a need to hurt himself, suggestive of a mental disorder. Masochism is never pretty, especially in one who already displays classic symptoms of schizophrenia coupled with bi-polarity causing his moods to fluctuate drastically from millenia to millenia. Patient also seems to display periods of manic depression/and or behavior. Never one to consider suicide, he dwells more on the idea of ending everyone else's existence while at the same time, needing their love and affection, even to the point of worship. Abject feelings of betrayal and failure have made the subject paranoid to the point that there is no more that we can do but institutionalize for the remainder of his eternal existence.

He allows you to exist because he is a loving and merciful God but he has not found you worthy to call to serve. You know, in a way you are serving, you help believers know what  they are up against and to learn  the tricks of the enemy. Keep serving as you have been, all it does is let me know I am on the right path and it strengthens my convictions.

Don, are you a christian? If not you should be. We need people such as yourself.

1. profile image61

lol

2. Don W profile image81

I'm not Troy, but if I'm discussing something with someone, I make it my business to know what they are talking about.

3. spookyfox profile image61
      spookyfoxposted 13 years ago

He must like people who don't abuse the caps lock.

4. J.R. Smith profile image57

why do you think atheists are predestined to hell? You don't think they are capabale of choice?

5. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years ago

WHY DO YOU THINK GOD ALLOWS ATHIEST AND AGNOSTICS TO EXIST?...well because only athiest and agnostics know true nature of god...since they know secret...god can't do anything about them smile

6. Jonathan Janco profile image60
      Jonathan Jancoposted 13 years ago

If God is indeed a perfect being as many people of faith will at the very least suggest, then God must not share the prejudices of us humans.

With exception. You can't expect God to get behind freedom of religion,can you?

1. Anesidora profile image62
          Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not? I don't, personally, but why would you think a perfect being would not approve of freedom of religion?

Thou shalt have no other Gods before me. The Commandments? He said he would not tolerate it. You see how he feels about idols.
            He insists you follow his word.

And what? He's too stupid to realize that it's truly not that simple here on earth? Or too insecure in the efficacy of his marketing program?

How is it that we as mere humans can know the wrongness of compelling religious thought when the 'perfect' god doesn't?

How is it that we as mere humans can respect the individual's right to personal belief, and understand the local, societal and personal nature of such beliefs, but your 'perfect' god can not?

How is it that we as mere humans are much more capable of forgiveness and grace than your 'perfect' god is?

Oh, you do have the right. In the end you'll see he won't tolerate it.Marketing? Insecure? As for forgiveness, He will keep you from hell, if you follow him. Humans are not capable of that. I understand that you don't believe,that's fine. I wouldn't believe either if i thought was stupid,insecure with poor marketing skills incapable of forgiveness.best wishes.

His forgiveness is only conditional. His understanding seems very limited and his compassion is contingent.

What if I believe in Allah instead?

Why won't he tolerate our human tendencies to follow whatever god our society presents us with? Why won't he tolerate an honest atheist or agnostic who chooses to abstain due to the great many worldly variables we face?

Why is he not big enough or wise enough to understand these very simple to comprehend things?

Why did he create a world and a people innately flawed according to him and destined by his own design to destruction, and then create a plan for salvation that is based on humans believing in a story which is not only unverifiable but also highly questionable, and in many parts of the world not even allowed?

Why did he also permit dozens of other god-stories to be created which only further muddled the soup? And why is the one 'right' god-story so completely unbelievable? Did he not know that sooner or later we'd figure out the timeline was off by millenia?

Does he not understand that logic and honesty would compel humans to view his plan of salvation and his story of creation as extremely dubious?

If he cannot understand any of this, then he certainly is no better than humans, who can and do understand these things, and in fact he would seem to be completely unworthy of worship.

Still waiting for answers...

2. Jonathan Janco profile image60
              Jonathan Jancoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice to know all of those pedophiles (oh, excuse me, Carpocratians if you insist on a term slightly less offensive) in the Catholic Church will be allowed into heaven simply for believing. Of course, as a Luciferian (or Marcionist, if you insist) I don't interpret the so-called "god" in the OT the same way you do. And no I am not anti-Semitic before you ask.
              Of course, pedophilia, rape and incest, technically, are not forbidden in the 10 Commandments so I guess all of those bishops and priests are free from being judged by God when they die. Makes one wonder who/what this Yahweh being really is.

Adultery? Wouldn't that fall under that?Besides, adhereing to the commandments is not what Catholics believe get them to Heaven. The Catholics have much to answer for,anyways.

Noone is free from judgement,anyways. Saved or not.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60
                    Jonathan Jancoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I certainly agree with that.

1. mom101 profile image60
                      mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No one is saved from judgement.  To an extent, I agree.  Do you think that small children that have gone on will be judged?

What kind of christian are we that we feel the insecure need to call even those that do not believe names?

I, in no way shape or form, am not judging, anybody.

Jesus went into bars, and into places that I would never go. Why did He go? Did He call anyone there names?

Do you think He liked the idea of what they were doing when He visited them? Did He stand out in the crowd with a stone in His Hand ready to stone the woman?

Or do you think He, with compassion, showed those peoole the unconditional love that we "are supposed to know of"?

2. skipper112 profile image60
                  skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

j r smith
                  I agree there have been some bad catholics and Church of England and any other religion you can think of.  Jesus said 'to love your nighbour as you love yourself.' or words to that effect, which means you cannot molest rape or harm another , and Catholics wil all be Judged the same as everybody else.

Catholics will not recieve special treatment at judgement day I belive this and I am Catholic.

Also Catholics have no more or no less to be judged that any other Religion.
                  Thank you for your comment.
                  God Bless

7. jondav profile image68
      jondavposted 13 years ago

WHY DO YOU THINK GOD ALLOWS ATHIEST AND AGNOSTICS TO EXIST?...

...because MAYBE he doesn't (work it out!)

8. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years ago

What makes anyone think that an "imagined" supernatural divinity can do anything?
      Get real!

God is real. He is doing great things!

1. Love and Peace profile image61
          Love and Peaceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Explain great things, please.
          Because as far as I know he hasn't found a cure to cancer which has taken how many lives? (including my mother's). Or a cure for world hunger, or why people murder or  he can't even answer the topic of this post, why atheists exist. If he is doing great things, I would like to know what they are, because they sure as hell haven't helped anyone I know.

9. profile image49

they can  know gods  glory all you have yo do is go to church

1. Druid Dude profile image60

Don't even have to do that, just open yourself up to the power. Offer your self up and say NOT MY WILL, BUT YOURS, oh great god of the universe. Move me in my steps.

1. qwark profile image60

Druid:  Insane!  :-)

I tell everyone that I am totally, stark, raving mad. Pretty good way to prove sanity.

10. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"WHY DO YOU THINK GOD ALLOWS ATHIEST AND AGNOSTICS TO EXIST"

Because He's bored?

Comic relief. Just in case he was asked to make a stone not even he could move. He could say Been there, done that.

Wow, you guys have been having a party and I was'nt invited. Well you know, work to be done, bills to pay and life to live. Some of the proof needed to solidify Gods word is that he was right about the world and the nature of those he chose to allow to inhabit it. What he spoke of as the true nature of man is evident in the comments made here. Life is too short, you had better wake up and smell the coffee. before you wake up and smell the sulfur. I pray that you do before it's is too late.

1. profile image0
            lambservantposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God allows these to live because He made them and loves them. Jesus himself said blessed are you who are persecuted for righteousness sake. If he did not believe that persecution would be done, he would not have made that statement.  There have been a lot of persecutors and athiests who have come to Christ. Saul of Tarsus persecuted the Christians before he became one. C.S. Lewis was an intellectual athiest but later came to Christ.  I suppose he also allows them to live to give them the opportunity to come to Christ like everyone else. Christ forgave his persecutors on the cross when he said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

Truth is, I think God wins all the marbles. Saying more would give away the end of the story, and I can see that some people have lost track of the plot. Boy, are they in for a surprise!

lambservant, I agree. Many persecutors and atheists eyes have been opened to the true revelation.

1. skipper112 profile image60

yes even Charles Darwin died a Christian

Were you at his bedside and he uttered those words to you?

roll

11. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Oh, because they are so much fun to listen to!

Thank you lambservant.

12. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Anesidora wrote:
      His forgiveness is only conditional. His understanding seems very limited and his compassion is contingent.
      ==========
        I think that you heard that from someone other that Him
      - - - -

Why won't he tolerate our human tendencies to follow whatever god our society presents us with? Why won't he tolerate an honest atheist or agnostic who chooses to abstain due to the great many worldly variables we face?
      - - - -
         Alla  himself is said to be the God of Abraham.
         Christianity is a religion that is said to worship the God of Abraham.
         Islam is a religion with many denominations that disagree concerning what Gods' will is.
          As does Christianity.

So we have a problem deciding which religion to follow?
      NO !! .. Cause God wants us to follow him and NOT a religion.
      =============================================   

Why is he not big enough or wise enough to understand these very simple to comprehend things?

Why did he create a world and a people innately flawed according to him and destined by his own design to destruction,

- - - -

Why does a parent give birth to a child KNOWING that the child will possibly smoke  marijuana at the age of 11 years,
         Might possibly cause a drunk driving accident that kills a family of five?  Etc. Etc.
        A parent gives birth to a Child hoping for the best.
      ==========================================================

and then create a plan for salvation that is based on humans believing in a story which is not only unverifiable but also highly questionable?
      - - - - - -

Yes   parents go get their children out of trouble  ..BUT  Only when they are called upon.
      =================================================
      Why did he also permit dozens of other god-stories to be created which only further muddled the soup? And why is the one 'right' god-story so completely unbelievable? Did he not know that sooner or later we'd figure out the timeline was off by millenia?
      - - - - - - - - -

Does the teenage child not feel the same way concerning his/her parents.     BUT ...  most parents have been honest with their children  BUT  the children had to try it their way anyway!   
      =======================================================

If he cannot understand any of this, then he certainly is no better than humans, who can and do understand these things, and in fact he would seem to be completely unworthy of worship.

- - - - - -

I think that he understands it better than Ya think!
      My children didn't think I knew anything about their situation either.  Till they had children of their own.
         Then crazy Old Dad didn't seem quite so crazy.

Life seems to make more sense just before it is over IF  we look back over it and recognize how we caused all of the hardships in our own life.
          And if we had done things the way that we should have, our lives would have been much more pleasant ..  but we wouldn't have learned the things that we have learned.

13. Anesidora profile image62
      Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

Jerami it is nice to 'see' you. I hope you're well, and I appreciate your attempts to explain these things.

My replies in bold.

Anesidora wrote:
      ==========

Jerami wrote:
      I think that you heard that from someone other that Him
      - - - -

I read it in the Bible.

- - - -
         Alla  himself is said to be the God of Abraham.
         Christianity is a religion that is said to worship the God of Abraham.
         Islam is a religion with many denominations that disagree concerning what Gods' will is.
          As does Christianity.

So we have a problem deciding which religion to follow?
      NO !! .. Cause God wants us to follow him and NOT a religion.
      =============================================   

The point remains that the god of christian bible, and the jewish one and muslim one, does not tolerate such errors in judgment, does not tolerate one's best attempts to follow him, should we be misled by the wrong religion. The most devout and good and decent buddhist is still hellbound, according to christianity.

Doesn't seem very tolerant or understanding or compassionate to me. I can understand and forgive someone for being misled, why is he incapable of the same?

(I actually do know the standard christian answer to this, but it only betrays either a lack of omnipotence or a lack of will in their god.)

Why did he create a world and a people innately flawed according to him and destined by his own design to destruction,

- - - -

Why does a parent give birth to a child KNOWING that the child will possibly smoke  marijuana at the age of 11 years,
         Might possibly cause a drunk driving accident that kills a family of five?  Etc. Etc.
        A parent gives birth to a Child hoping for the best.
      ==========================================================

According to the christian bible and standard christian teachings, God created us innately bound to smoke dope and kill people. He also prepared a destruction for us.

There's some pretty bad parents out there, but none of us purposely set our children up for failure and prepare for them a destruction.

and then create a plan for salvation that is based on humans believing in a story which is not only unverifiable but also highly questionable?
      - - - - - -

Yes   parents go get their children out of trouble  ..BUT  Only when they are called upon.
      =================================================

No, I would do what I could to help my kids whether they asked for it or not. I certainly wouldn't make them jump through hoops and solve endless unknowable riddles first, or insist they believe in something I cannot show them to be true.

- - - - - - - - -

Does the teenage child not feel the same way concerning his/her parents.     BUT ...  most parents have been honest with their children  BUT  the children had to try it their way anyway!   
      =======================================================

Your answer does not seem to address what I said in any way that I can see. Yes, my parents were wrong on some things, I have no doubt. I urge you not to argue the point, because you don't know my parents, lol.

- - - - - -

I think that he understands it better than Ya think!

Yet is still -according to christianity- intent on sending us to hell if we don't believe in Jesus as savior. So he understands it, as in knows it, but has no compassion for it or tolerance.

Jerami wrote: My children didn't think I knew anything about their situation either.  Till they had children of their own.
         Then crazy Old Dad didn't seem quite so crazy.

Jerami wrote:   Life seems to make more sense just before it is over IF  we look back over it and recognize how we caused all of the hardships in our own life.
          And if we had done things the way that we should have, our lives would have been much more pleasant ..  but we wouldn't have learned the things that we have learned.

This is all terribly.. quaint? Sweet? i suppose, comparing the christian god to human parents, but also completely pointless. We're not talking about human parents passing on the (always questionable) wisdom of their own experience or opinions to their children.

Quite a different thing. What parent do you know who creates the world their children live in, purposely creates them bound for failure, and then punishes them to a life in hell if their children don't believe that their oldest brother was virgin born, capable of raising the dead and on a level with a saving god, and delivers all these 'loving' messages through doubtful third party intermediaries?

Nice try, Jerami. Thanks anyways for what I know are your good intentions.

14. Jerami profile image58

Anesidora  And thank you for being so kind.

I wish I could express my thoughts better.
      I see some truth in the things that many people with opposing belief systems are expressing.

I'm going to try to express a crazy scenario so just bear with me.

I don't think that a god would cherish every blade of grass that just happens to spring forth from the ground.

And if God does cherish every human being, it would be because we would not really be a product of this world in the first place. 

I think that it would be more like the sons of God (spiritual beings) came down to the earth to inhabit earthly flesh knowing that the flesh will soon die. The experiences of the flesh can be a heavenly thing.
         But while they were in the flesh, some of us forgot from where they came.

And if we do remember? we don't want to forget from which path we came into this world, for there are many paths (Maybe) and they all do not lead back to where we came.

And who knows?   Maybe some of us came in from a different path from a different place.
         So for them  ...   My way is not the right way?

But from what I believe..  if I remember the right path and anyone follows me to my home, my father will take them in and love them as if they were his own.

That may not be the way it is...  But I find comfort in the thought of that.

15. Anesidora profile image62

Jerami we have had these or similar discussions before, and I know you to be a decent, caring and honest sort of person, so why wouldn't I treat you as a friend.

You know your path is not for me, and I know mine is not for you. That's how freedom of religion should work. Mutual respect, and I respect and appreciate that in you.

Even if you think I'm hellbound, I know you genuinely care about us, and however you have worked out your christianity to accomodate that is fine with me.

I am out of here for now, headed to sleep, but Pandoras Box (me) wishes you well, as always.

1. Jerami profile image58

I didn't say that you or any others are hell bound.

Have a different path to return to your home ? Maybe and Maybe NOT.

And I only have the best wishes  for you as well

Hah!

wink

16. Jerami profile image58

Religion says a lot of things that I do not believe.

And Hell fire is one of them.

Ya gotta admitt it.  Many people are not going to appreciate the neighborhood that I would find myself most happy in.

Nor I in theirs.

17. pay2cEM profile image80
      pay2cEMposted 13 years ago

If the Creator of the Universe exists, I'd say He allows Atheists and Agnostics to exist because He gave them infinitely more ability to reason than He provided proof for His existence.

1. profile image0

and also because they are curious enough to think outside the square - so we benefit from the products of modern science & technology

God bless you lost souls, you put so much emphasis on your wit, intellect and material things ; that you can't or wont see the big picture. I feel sorry for you, that you take joy and amusement in trying to keep others from God. I hope he has mercy on you.

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away my childish ways.
          Some people here are spiritual infants, coexisting with spiritual adults; so we must be patient with them as we would any child. Correcting and teaching them the right way to live.

1. profile image0

I pity those who think they are seeing the big picture, but don't.  I pity those that get blindly sucked in to a subjective belief system

2. Troy C. profile image60

Baileybear to quote Richard Dawson: " I feel like a dead atheist, all dressed up and no place to go." Why have a funeral, it was here now it is gone so throw it on the trash heap. It believed in nothing but it's own worth, it thought it was the captain of it's own ship: it is now gone. The it I am talking about is an empty lost soul. That leans on it's own understanding. That has been jaded by the world and those it associates with. "You lie with dogs you get flees." All people and all souls are worth fighting for and that is why I am here. To take what little knowledge I have and to combine it with other believers, to save as many souls as God would have. Don't be an it, because that is what a lost soul is. You belong to the enemy, ther's no inbetween.

All is not lost though, you can still repent, you can make the choice to ask Jesus into your life. To ask for forgiveness of yor sins: instead of basking in the glow of them That glow that last but for a moment and then you spend an eternity in torment.

1. profile image0
              sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What a bunch of condescending rubbish.

2. profile image0

I've written a hub about my views on death.  You are fighting to save a portion of people that has not been proven to exist, in the name of a being that has not been proven to exist

3. Beelzedad profile image59

Yes, the righteous do need to feel superior to everyone else by looking down on them condescendingly. It's a lifestyle.

At least we have wit and intellect. smile

You say .. "At least we have wit and intellect (to go with that)  ???

And we ALL think that OUR  wit and intelect is "BETTER" than everyone elses.

seems that we are all in a single catigory?

We are making progress.  we agree on something.

1. profile image0

Looks like Beelzedad has better spelling and grammar

2. Anesidora profile image62

I'd take wit and intellect anyday over a false sense of comfort and a superiority complex.

3. hanging out profile image60
              hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The superiority you mistake for our unmovable faith in God is just that mistaken. I would say that people who call others stupid, narrow minded, arrogant and brag about wit and intellect (implying the christian has neither of these) and an "imagined" supernatural divinity or tell us to 'Get real' and a host of other bad names/things are the ones really trying hard to be superior by talking down to us constantly and badgering etc.
              A lifestyle commonly acquainted with atheism.

Unmovable faith in god is one thing, but to use that faith to belittle others and threaten us with their gods is another.

So sorry if you feel the standards are too high for the lifestyles of atheists, but I wasn't bragging about using what your god gave me, just agreeing with Troy. smile

18. profile image57
      God's Girlposted 13 years ago

Because God IS love. His desire is for ALL of His children to be saved. He has no favorites. He loves ALL of His children.

19. Jerami profile image58

Let us suppose that there is not a higher power than mankind.
      Lets suppose that mankind continues to evolve exactly as many proclaim that it has. 
        Considering the advances that we have made in just the last 200 years....  can anyone imagine what might be accomplished over the next 10,000 years  or 50,000?

Man kind finds or creates a method to end all disease and illness.
        Mankind would become much more knowledgeable in all areas of science.   ALL areas !
        After 10,000 years mankind will have possession of all the powers that are now contributed to God.

What if, when we arrived there, we find that we were not the first?

Sounds like mormonism. Just sayin'.

Do any of you here celebrate Christmas in any way? Do you buy gifts, a Christmas tree, send cards or take the day off? Have you ever exclaimed, "O My God?"  Have you ever called on the name of Jesus when trouble hit?

If you answerd yes to any of these questions, then you must know on a subconscious level that God exists and that in itself is even more proof of him. Why would your innermost being call out to a God that isn't there? Aswer, it wouldn't.

1. profile image0

those have pagan origins, BTW

Pagan?  Could you explain what pagan means? To you.

1. profile image0

look up the history of christianity - comes from paganism

thats what I was a thinking/

The word pagan, it just sounds like a bad thing, when in fact it is more closely tied to nature than todays traditional church.

1. profile image0

symbols of christianity like wedding rings, cross, christmas etc from paganism

1. hanging out profile image60

A difference is that we do not worship our icons. The cross is a symbol and nothing more, we do not bow down to it, we bow to jesus. Wedding rings are just a good idea as a symbol of wededness lol i guess thats not a word haha but again we do not worship this ring.. perhaps some may find value in the gold the ring is made of but in any case it is not 100% but a much smaller percentage who may worship the wedding ring. Christmas is touchy. lol. I personally do not celebrate christmas and here i have to agree this is pagan, no matter how christendom decides to wrap it up and present it, i stay separate from the event and buy myself stuff in january when prices are very low. Tatoos are something i think should be stayed away from and certainly the person who has snakes and flaming skulls all over themselves will find repulsive if ever they give their heart to jesus.
                      It was the church in rome that decided to incorporate paganism into their bosom, the early church, the upper room church of acts 2 was completely separate from the church in rome which became the catholic church in rome and even then the early church was separate from it.

2. hanging out profile image60

pagan was the term applied to all other religions that did not celebrate the jewish god of the bible. Gentiles are pagans too.

2. Anesidora profile image62

Answer: For the same reason I mutter the uncensored version of fudge when I stub my toe - it's just a colloquialism.

2. Jerami profile image58

I have never heard about what the Mormons believe.

I wasn't expressing my beliefs ! I sometimes postulate things that I had never thought about before.

I was attempting to explain where I thought Atheism would lead if they were correct and continued through their thought process.
             And how that leads us back to where we are today concerning concepts.  Except that we would be looking through the window from the other side.
            If we evolved over the past 1000s of years as Atheist believe, and we continue to evolve at the same rate? ?
            Where does that take us in our future.   ???

I have never heard about what the Mormons believe.
             Maybe Atheist are Mormons and haven't realized it YET !

Well mormons believe more or less that all humans can become gods, that they -at least- will become gods. Not the rest of us of course, lol, and certainly not atheists I'd reckon, so there you differ for sure.

So Mormons think that they achieve this in a lifetime and Atheist think it will take a millennia ?????

20. cathylynn99 profile image74
      cathylynn99posted 13 years ago

there is a new testament verse that says all will be judged according to the light that they have. someone who never heard of christ and loves his neighbor as himself will therefore go to heaven. when i was a christian, i thought this was fair. this verse doesn't get me out of hellfire(assuming there is such a thing), though, because i have studied the bible, so have "lots of light" and still don't currently believe.

i think that when you die, that's all they wrote. if by some unlikely chance there is a heaven and a loving god, everyone, even hitler, will go to heaven. of course, hitler will spend his first 6 million years there washing jewish feet and loving it.

And like the great PHROPHET(Curtis Mayfield)once sang..."If there's a hell below, we all gonna go.

1. CMHypno profile image83
          CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

or the other great quote 'heaven for the climate, hell for the company!'

21. cathylynn99 profile image74
      cathylynn99posted 13 years ago

i have no interest in persecuting christians or anyone else. i had people angry with me when i was a christian just because i was a christian. it wasn't fun or fair. i would never do that to someone. i am a tolerant atheist/ agnostic.

1. skipper112 profile image60

cathy,
        you give a honest view, thank you.
        God bless

22. CMCastro profile image69
      CMCastroposted 13 years ago

In the creation of Man and Woman in Genesis chapter 2 and 3, God had a plan to have the Perfect Couple to Take care of His Paradise. But then Woman and Man decided to do things differently and disobeyed God. He cast them out of the Garden and Sin entered into this world, and man made choices how he wanted to believe.
      The decision of non belief in God and His Principles is a personal choice, but then someone decided to collect all the nonbelievers together and labeled them as atheists or agnostics. A personal decision on Belief in God rests totally on the individual- He or she will have to deal with the spiritual consequences of their decisions in time.
      MATTHEW 22,verse 14 says, "many are called, but few are chosen."

CMCastro, I was just about to use that verse. Good Job.

23. J.R. Smith profile image57

I just was curious about some catholic doctrine that doesn't make sense to me. I mean no  offense.

The atheists and others are here so that they, too, might see the light of God's understanding, and thereby, be saved. Why ask why are these sinners allowed to exist, when, in fact, you too were in a sinful state when God found you. You would be an ungreatful wretch. Would you not?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My QUESTION is, why not just adjust mistakes rather than carry sins?
          Why regret personally or the whole pass all together?
          Its only what you or I do in the future is what we could regret?

24. tastybrain profile image59
      tastybrainposted 13 years ago

A better question would be "Why does god let rapists, murderers, and genocidal dictators exist?" Better yet, "Why does the God of the old testament act like a chauvinistic, warmongering, wrath-filled despot?" How about "Why doesn't God condemn slavery but instead condone it?"

The answer has already been offered and is the easiest to comprehend: Because God is the ultimate personification; we have invented him to motivate ourselves to behave properly.

Free will? You must be kidding. The Jehovah persona depicted in the Bible doesn't care a bit about free will. If he did, he would leave his creation to do what they want without threatening those who don't follow his rules with death and destruction. What good is free will if your choices are not really free? "Love and obey me! It's your choice. If you don't, you go to Hell!" This sort of free will is no different from the free will political dissidents in China and North Korea enjoy.

1. profile image0

good observation. Of course, believers will accuse you of being a hater and for persecuting them

That's a little unfair. I do neither. Human beings decrying the existence of other human beings. Man is responsible for the state of man. Why else would repentance exist.

2. profile image0

Tastybrain, I would truly enjoy listening/reading your full interpolation (piece, piece work, peace work or otherwise) of Tanakh, since you choose to refer to it. But before you do, please explain precisely --and in as much detail as possible-- the tone the history was written in, by whom and then reiterate to us that this Persona is, in fact, those characteristics pointed out by yourself.

You see, the dialogue of Torah/Tanakh is the most highly misinterpreted/misread dialogue of any and perhaps all human scribed letter, book, poem, quip, prose...combined.

As I recently had the pleasure of speaking to another: translating a Russian love letter to Inca dialect Spanish, reads precisely like a hate letter from an ex-mother-in-law.

Something to keep in mind...

25. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

There is no god. Could account for a lot of things. smile

God is showing his wayward children mercy by not paying them the wage of thier sin, which is death. He is giving them every opportunity to repent and receive his gift of salvation. Yes, even you earnest.
                       God Bless you all with Love, Troy C.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess he learned his lesson after drowning everyone on earth with the flood and still nothing changed!  What's a god to do?

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought he left a few behind to have incestuous relationships to grow the population again, like with Adam and eve. smile
            Not a happy chappy this god. smile

Keeps losing it and destroying everything like a petulant 3 year old.

26. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Why?  Because your god has no power over those who do not believe in him!  Do you worry about bigfoot?  Why not?  Don't you believe in him?

What exactly do you mean? God will not force anyone to believe in him. Everyone has the opportunity to choose on their own to recieve the precious free gift of salvation.

Who gives you the authority to speak for everyone WOC?  Seriously, did your god give you this power, or did you just appoint yourself as his spokesperson?

Hello?  Anyone there?

Hi Randy, No one gave me authority. I decided to share a wonderful word with you. Have a blessed day!

Great!  What is the word?  And you are so right, no one gave you any authority at all to speak for any deity!  But this doesn't seem to stop you, does it? 

Blessed by whom?

You twisted my words. God have gave me authority to share the gospel. I open my heart up to him and allow him to use me.

We can then conclude that god has given you the authority to not respect others, which is to what that boils down. If that is the case, why then should we respect your sharing of the gospel? smile

Have a nice day!

Thank you for making my point. smile

27. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

God let atheist and agnostics exist to lift the veil of the believers. lol

Women Of Courage, you have been given the athority to speak for God.
        1 PETER 2;9 But you are a chosen people, a royal piesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Don't let the people of this "lost generation" let you lose sight of that, keep fighting the good fight and be assured of your reward in the end
               Love and Blessings, your brother in Christ, Troy C.

Randy , the snake you have on all your posts represent the serpent you serve. I hope you find your way home one day. Your last name says it all, God Wins.
                Love and prayer, Troy C.

Thanks for the word Troy, I will not lose sight of that for sure. God bless you brother.

28. Anesidora profile image62

Yeah really. Where are the parents in all this? Whatever happened to eating your young?

29. Jerami profile image58

Sorry I was off watching krouss videos.

How so?
      You were neglecting to tell the whole story as written.
      It was written that God wasn't going to be sending any prophets during this period of time.

And anyone seen prophesying were fakes and blasphemers.

From the prospective this story protrays ..  this was kinda like executing spys or terrorists.

You still seem to totally miss the psychosis in this god's behavior, and instead find a way to justify it? smile

Another reason God allows them to exist here in the hubpages is so that when we face the enemy in the physical world, we are better equipped to handel the situation. I'm learning more and more about his tactics.

Agreed.

2. Cagsil profile image69
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ironic you cannot even tell the enemy from self? hmm

3. profile image0

That sounds oddly backwards, no?
            Shouldn't it be ha-satan learning our tactics.
            Seems peoples' impression of "God" is still reversed.

4. profile image0

good luck trying to "save" those you consider to be the enemy - it's crazy how believers see non-believers of their faith as satan-followers, swines, the enemy etc.  Like that's really going to attract people into the cult?

But he "luvs me" he truly does! He said so! lol lol lol

30. Jerami profile image58

Just expressing an opinion as politely as I know how.

You say that these storys were written by ignorant goat hearders. I'm Just trying to understand what they were were thinking.
        Your next line is suposed to be ,,, They wern't

Sure they were. They were just doing the best that they could with what they had.

and so people should build their lives around the myth? Believe in a psychotic god? Burn the OT? What?
        The biblical god is a psychopath. The words, feelings, actions of this god under any circumstances, in any age for any reason, to any people no matter what they did is psychotic.

Impossible to miss, the threats and posturing are massed in the "good book"

How in all hell can you all gloss over the fact that this is psychotic? I always quote from your own god's words. If anyone were to make the same statements in the world today they would see a white van real quick! smile

My only answer is indoctrination.

Apparently it can cause total blindness.

No   I think it is a matter of understanding our limits.
             I don't think that any one really knows what they think that they do.

2. profile image0

Still angry at the Hebrews, my brother Earnest?
          Been a minute, hope all is well.

Is is cold in Australia yet?

The problem with sarcasm is it needs to be accurate and relevant.
            We are coming in to summer. smile

1. profile image0

Wasn't meant to be accurate, just stirring and countering. hehe.
              All is well?

All is well. smile

God is a very merciful God to allow his wayward children to continue their exsistence here on earth. He is also merciful because he prods them to come here to hear his word, to give them another chance to repent. Why else would people who do not beleive in God lurk around Christian forums. Either that or it's just that they don't have a life. Their lives are empty and boring with few or no freinds so they come here to get the attention that they lack in their lives. Either way , we welcome you, we love you and we hope you find friends here who wish you nothing but Gods best. I can't say that I know what it's like to be lonely because God has always been with me. So keep coming and we will  try to heal your wounded egos and souls.

Why don't you read a few hubs and find out who has a life and who hasn't before casting aspersions on those who don't believe in ridiculous myths?

I don't know any sad deluded non believers here on hubpages, but I see plenty of religious fanatics who have no apparent life at all and spend all day spinning the god story trying to convince themselves and others that an invisible being is reality cos a 2,000 year old self contradicting tome said so.

Why are you here, something is missing in your life for you to lurk here if your life is so great, Why do you waste your spectacular life here.

31. Jerami profile image58

why does god let atheists and agnostics exist?

I know   I know !!!!

It is written in scriptures that they too are Gods children.

Yes they are his wayward children, his lost sheep, the spiritual blind and we must minister to them; even though they knock us and God. That really takes a lot of love. What I can't understand is why anyone who has such a great family would put them aside to come and insult God. Just imagine, you are playing with the grand kids and in  his own words "dressed like a fairy", but you push them aside and in full fairy costume, get on the computer and spread hate. What's wrong with this picture. Everything, it is clear that something is missing in your life and that is Jesus. I truly feel sorry for people like that. It has to be a sad life to live in such a state and find it amusing; another trick of the devil and they fall for it.

May God have mercy on their souls.

Someone said I was too harsh when I said someone was pathetic, I told them to look up the definition, which is causing or invoking pity, sympathetic, sadness, sorrow, etc. That is what I feel for them. They are headed to hell on the devils highway.

"They are headed to hell on the devils highway."
            I know you laughed at yourself for saying such a corny line! I fell off my chair.  That was just so tired and phony.

2. earnestshub profile image80

Why don't you address me directly instead of trying to "white ant" by speaking to others about it as if I am not here?

I work full time online and can multitask on 2 screens. I get to spend at least 4 hours a day with my gkids and my computer is portable so I can be with the little ones anywhere they like when they are here and not at school, or are you suggesting that I should go to the school all day as well?

It seems some people don't let truth get in the way of trying to discredit others!
          You may like to flash back through this thread and speak to what I said.
          Come to think of it, that would be well out of character for a religionist from what I have seen. smile

On another note, I have observed that gutless third person attacks seem to pass muster here rather well, while others get banned just for disagreeing. smile

As my dad used to say, "No answer was the firm reply" smile

"It seems some people don't let truth get in the way of trying to discredit others!
              You may like to flash back through this thread and speak to what I said."
              "Come to think of it, that would be well out of character for a religionist from what I have seen."

Amen! My Brother!
              I know you wont agree with me...but you are closer to God than any of these cult following clowns!

Hi friendlyword. smile
                If you mean closer to "god" in telling the truth, answering questions honestly and knowing myself, I would have to agree.

I have never before seen a more closed minded, ignorant, anal retentive bunch of hypocrites than the religious zealots assembled here in one place in my entire life. smile

(A note to those who are rushing off to have me banned. If you identify yourself as a zealot this applies to you.) smile

32. Jerami profile image58

Troy C. wrote
      Yes they are his wayward children, his lost sheep, the spiritual blind and we must minister to them;
      ====
         Who are his lost sheep?
      I ask this is with the most respect. 
         An honest question!
      Who is his lost sheep?  I think that we all fall into that category.
         We are all in the dark. 
         Some of us are convinced that WE know the way outa here.
      And to confirm this to ourselves we need followers.
      This gives us security in our own minds.
      With followers  we feel authenticated.

This is true for EVERY ONE including Atheists who are spreading their doctrine as well.

Whatever our beliefs are??  They are not our own!

We have all been brainwashed/programed/indoctrinated into whatever theologies that we have read  and/or  heard  the most .
         We have often heard that we are what we eat?
         Our brain eats that which it sees and hears.

In this manner I agree with something that 21 or was it Aqua had said; that to become educated is to become ignorant. (something like that)

Indoctrination is everywhere!  Can't walk across the front yard without stepping in it.
      ========================================================
      Troy C. .......... it is clear that something is missing in your life and that is Jesus. I truly feel sorry for people like that. It has to be a sad life to live in such a state and find it amusing; another trick of the devil and they fall for it.
      - - - - - -

As I said above...   I think that most of us are in that category.   We are all in the dark here! 
        And it seems that Everyone is giving directions as to how to come out of the dark.

Giving directions do not work. We forget them before we get half way there. 

What would work is for someone to turn on a bright light to show the way.  Then we could all see it.

Just my opinion.

1. Squirrelchaser profile image60
        Squirrelchaserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Geez. this is a popular forum!  I'll put in my two cents.

There is no "God".  Before "God" there was idol worship and anthropology and history and archeology show how man moved from worshipping idols, building systems of worship including temples, songs, programs, priests, etc., from many gods to one God.  Just as tribal people and island people were taught to believe in Christianity instead of their own god or gods.  It's all a hoax like Santa Clause.  Little children have faith in Santa Clause.  But there comes a time when they begin to question the validity of Santa.  Just as today's CHristians and Muslims and Jews, etc. need to question the validity of "God".  We keep on indoctrinating our children into these faiths.  The blind faith of children.  But very few ever question the hoax.

None of my children have been indoctrinated.

Interestingly they don't spend time praying to a 2,000 year old myth. Too busy being real, doing real things and being good citizens. smile

2. Jerami profile image58

That is something similar to what I have always said.  That the invention of Santa Clause wasn't a good thing.

The first hurtful lie most parents tell to their children.
          It eventually hurts their child.  Was it worth it?  Did the joy of Christmas out weigh the eventual sorrow?
          Probably so???

But that does give doubt of there being a higher power.
          The child will think,  they lied about Santa, I wonder what else they are lying about?

33. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Please people...there is no E in Santa Claus...

Now back to your regularly scheduled hate fest...

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol lol

34. skipper112 profile image60
      skipper112posted 13 years ago

The answer to your Question is simple, God gave us free will.
      That's it pure and simple " Free Will"

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)