jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Cat or Dog? Why?

1. MrsHernandez profile image60
    MrsHernandezposted 6 years ago

Cat or Dog? Why?

2. BlissfulWriter profile image67
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Nothing personal against cats.  They both look very cute in the above picture.  But I prefer dogs.  The are smarter as explained scientifically here: http://hubpages.com/t/224736

So they are able to help people such as helping the blind, assisting the handicap, working as police dogs, snif out drugs, etc.  I'm amazed at all the work they do.

3. ErinElise profile image76
    ErinEliseposted 6 years ago

I like your question.
    Dog person.  Although until about age 30, I was a definite cat person because of my two great cats, a calico manx and a fuzzy himalwayan-type of cat (Kabi and Angelo).  When they passed, I knew it would be a while until I got another cat. 

The way I became a dog person was that one day, I was at the animal shelter searching for my son's chihuahua, who had gotten out of the yard, and I came across a rat terrier.  She wasn't adoptable yet, but I knew i was going to come back for her.  When she became adoptable, I went back for her.  That was in 2000.  Her name is Beckie.  Then about five years later, I adopted another rat terrier, Hankie.  Two years ago, my son brought another rescue home, a papillon, Tina. They are all such great dogs and I don't know that I will ever stop being a dog person now.  To me, dogs just make better pets and have many abilities which cats do not.   No offense cat lovers!  : )

4. J.S.Matthew profile image85
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

I am both, a cat and dog person. I had a Dalmatian for 11 years and she was nuts! I always had a dog when I lived in my parents house growing up. We always had cats, too! I wrote a Hub about my cats recently: http://hubpages.com/hub/I-Love-My-Cats

I would love to have a dog but I don't have the room or the outdoor space at the moment. I look forward to having a life with both cats and dogs living together someday.

I like the loyalty of dogs and their motivation. What I like about cats is their personalities and how soft they are! I like when they purr but they can get edgy. Cats are unpredictable while I find that dogs repeat behavior consistently and are easier to train.

Great question!

5. Melissa.P profile image59
    Melissa.Pposted 6 years ago

I like cats (if you can't tell) I only had a dog my whole life until about four years ago. I still have the dog but it was the first time I got a cat.  They are so much easier to take care of.  Smarter and great hunters so no mice don't come around my house and they aren't so noisey and annoying.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

See, I love these kinds of questions and these are the ones that get flagged when I ask them because it is polling.

Keep it up, I love these questions.

I am a dog person.  Cats have a funny odor to me because they lick themselves all the time and my nose is sensitive to the dried spit smell.

Funny coming from someone who has 4 dogs--2 are labs known to be smellier then some dogs due to the oil in their coat.

7. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I like them both, but I also like cows, wolves , birds.............

As a pet, I choose a dog..............while a cat can comfort, I choose a large dog for protection of self and property.  Who is detered by a house cat, or a poodle?

My dog truly earns his keep, he understands the term, " on duty".  It is all that I can ask..........

8. mikicagle profile image91
    mikicagleposted 6 years ago

definately dog. I love all animals but there is nothing like the unconditional love you get from a dog-especially when you have had a bad day

9. larry1987 profile image50
    larry1987posted 6 years ago

cat, i love cats because they are so cute.

10. BabyCheetah profile image73
    BabyCheetahposted 6 years ago

I prefer cats, they are more independant and they don't have that horrible dog smell like some of them do big_smile

11. tritrain profile image83
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

I'm more partial to dogs.  But that picture would be enough to make it even between the two.  Great picture!

12. nancyme profile image57
    nancymeposted 6 years ago

Dogs. I don't know why but I can't stand cats. I think dogs are better and more fun.