jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

Which reptile would you prefer as a pet?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image61
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Which reptile would you prefer as a pet?

2. Silver Poet profile image78
    Silver Poetposted 6 years ago

I used to think I'd like an iguana till I found out they never stop growing.  I like lizards.  Maybe someday a gecko.

3. wilcox_raina profile image58
    wilcox_rainaposted 6 years ago

My favourite reptile to have as a pet would be my extreme giant tegu (locality of the Argentine black and white tegu). Like his name explicitly states, he has an extreme attitude. He loves to be petted (especially behind his "ears"), but he does not like getting handled. Each and every tegu seems to have their personality, which I adore about them. Plus, I love their immense size and their "tongue flicking."

4. mellowd profile image60
    mellowdposted 6 years ago

Iguana,they are easy to maintain and can be lots of fun.

5. Rob Ballantyne profile image59
    Rob Ballantyneposted 6 years ago

I have a leopard gecko.  They are incredibly easy to look after but they dont do much during the day as they are nocturnal.

If you have space you could consider bearded dragons.  They like to dance!

6. Greenwick profile image58
    Greenwickposted 6 years ago

Geckos are awesome and low-mainenance.  You can get them for free from people who gave them to their kids but didn't realize geckos have such a long life-span.  Ask your local pet store if any geckos have been turned in lately, if you want to get one.

7. Looarah profile image57
    Looarahposted 6 years ago

I don't really like the idea of having a reptile as a pet. I like to have something I can cuddle and stroke. Although if I had to I'd go for some kind of gecko, because as Silver Poet says iguanas are cool but they can get massive!

P.s I am totally gonna youtube bearded dragon dance now thanks to Rob, that sounds pretty entertaining heh.

8. Etherealenigma profile image79
    Etherealenigmaposted 6 years ago

None. I don't like reptiles.Too creepy for me.

9. profile image61
    gazalatposted 6 years ago

I don't like reptiles and would never think of it

10. Kamalesh050 profile image80
    Kamalesh050posted 6 years ago

I don't like reptiles. I am scared of them.

11. sagebrush_mama profile image69
    sagebrush_mamaposted 6 years ago

I don't like most reptiles, but our red-eared slider turtles are an exception!  They are interesting, and they don't slither!

12. blueorpurple profile image58
    blueorpurpleposted 6 years ago

i dont like reptile. read more about pet.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/beforeyouadoptapet

13. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Gosh, is there really a question here?  How bout "none of them."  We don't call persons like David Rockefeller or Evelyne De Rothschild "reptillians" for their having human hearts, or human concerns about humans.  No, that's not it at all. .. . .

14. jtyler profile image58
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

A snake without any venom would be cool.  It would just slither around all day and every once-in-a-while you'd notice it.

15. lilmama1234 profile image52
    lilmama1234posted 6 years ago

a snake because it wonder is so lovely and nice

16. Variety Writer profile image61
    Variety Writerposted 6 years ago

I dont think I would want a reptile for a pet. I prefer the man's best friend, a dog.

working