Hubs Not Being Indexed After Many Days

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Hyphenbird profile image82
    Hyphenbirdposted 11 years ago

Several of my newer Hubs are still not indexed by Google. One example is "The 1927 Bombing of Bath School-America's First School Massacre" and it was published on September 8th. Can you tell me why this is happening? Thanks.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, but I'm having similar problems. Google crawled my site on the 5th September, however, they still have not indexed two new hubs which were written a few weeks before. Yet, they have indexed a hub which was published on the 9th September. Confused!

1. profile image0
        Panzer Kumarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Google Crawling system is highly complicated and infact Google never provides a clear report or outlet of what it crawls. For instance if a website has 100 links in total the chances are Google will show just a few of them but it does crawls every link and in this case each and every page..

Note: Sharing on Social media sites like FACEBOOK, twitter, Google plus and on Social Book marking sites will help increase the rate of Google crawl.

I am not sure whether this helps or not but i tried to do so...

Hyphenbirdposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the information. I can see on Google where someone shared my Hubs on Twitter but they are still not on Google itself with the URL and link back to HP. I am very confused and disappointed.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@Hyphenbird

You stated "Several of my newer Hubs are still not indexed by Google."

Your example was this Hub:
      http://hyphenbird.hubpages.com/hub/The- … re-in-1927

Are you doing a particular Google search and not seeing your Hub as a result?
      If so, can you provide the exact URL for the Google search you are using?

Thanks!

Matthew, thank you so much. Yes, I have searched by name and by  URL. The only thing showing is where they were shared on Twitter.
        Here is one:
        http://hyphenbird.hubpages.com/hub/-The … rder-Trial
        and another is:
        http://hyphenbird.hubpages.com/hub/The- … re-in-1927
        I do appreciate your help and assistance. Both of these Hubs are several weeks old now and long out of Pending status on HubPages. Thank you again.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
          Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It appears that Google recently made some algorithm changes and although we are providing the data from your Hub to Google, it appears they have chosen not to crawl the provided data.

1. Len Cannon profile image89
            Len Cannonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is this something that's been happening regularly with HubPage article since the update?

I don't know but it is not a good thing. I could understand them (more) doing this with creative writing or poetry but my Hubs are historical facts. Odd to say the least.

2. Hyphenbird profile image82

Matthew, thanks for getting back to me on this matter. How strange. It is great and historical information. Thank you for looking into it for me.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

My theory is that the new hubs were discovered by Google right away, including their 24-hour noindex tags... My guess is that because of the noindex tags, Google won't be back to those hubs for quite sometime. If it was me, I'd proceed to WMT.

I've tried that but it keeps asking me to verify the site. It tells me to upload a file to HP, but not how I upload

2. Dale Hyde profile image81
      Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is what I do as soon as the status changes on the newly published hub...pop into Google Webmaster Tools and submit the pages myself manually without waiting for a return from Google after Google has viewed the noindex tag.

Thanks Paradigm and Dale. I have never done that but can surely figure it out. Even having to do that is time that we could be producing more pieces but I suppose we do what we must. I appreciate the help.

I figured it out. Yeah. Now that I know what I am doing, I see it will only take a few minutes. Thank you guys (blowing a kiss of gratitude)!

1. brakel2 profile image73
            brakel2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I submitted a hub to webmaster tools a week ago, as it was never indexed. I am still waiting, but I think it is faster than waiting for  another crawl by Google. It is already indexed by Bing and Yahoo.

3. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

Something is still strange with my latest hub, I Fetch it through Google, I see it indexed, the next day, GONE!  De-indexed?

This is really odd, perhaps worth mentioning to HP by email.

4. SOE profile image58
    SOEposted 11 years ago

I have experienced similar wonkiness concerning indexing with some of my articles published over the last few days. However, I checked some of the articles while pending as I was curious about the placement of the noindex tags, but didn't see any even before the articles were "Featured".
    Odd.

5. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

I've just used the fetch as Google in WMT and WMT is saying URL's not found.

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
      Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I also had that difficulty, I kept trying, eventually it worked.  This has happened to me three times now.

Was it with the same hubs that G deindexes 24 hours later, RB.?

Yeah, the only difficulty I have ever had with Google is with my Latest hub, I published 8/29.

What REALLY sucks!  I get traffic from Google while it is indexed! In my experience, this hub should bring me 50- 100 views a day!  It is an integral part of a series I had planned, already published about half of the hubs!.

6. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

My latest hub was indexed almost immediately after pending mode, yet my two prior hubs still are not indexed. One of them was published a month ago, which is a bit sickening because by now it should have beeen receiving (hopefully) some nice organic hits.

I try to add to my portfolio, hubs that I can then go back and link to from my previous hubs.  I attempt to make them all relative with a nice web of links.  NOW, I am afraid to go back in to previous hubs and link to this dubious publication.  I am not going to do anything which would alter my current hubs status'.

So, my work here has ended abruptly,  I am hoping there will be a resolution soon.  I have at least twenty more hubs I would like to publish, many already exist in draft.  I moved one unrelated draft to Wizzley yesterday.

just a fyi:  in my over two years at HP, I have never had a reason to criticize the site, UNTIL NOW!

1. feistyfood profile image60
        feistyfoodposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

I agree that it's really frustrating. I have considered posting those two hubs that I've written on Wizzley, but like yours they are one of a group belonging with other hubs which are indexed and doing fairly well. It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

A small niche on Hubpages does very well in my experience. This is a great site, I just hope the bugs in the new system can get fixed soon.  There really is some traffic and income to get here, it is just frustrating when dealing with roadblocks.

edit: post moved  wink

Yes, wink sometimes I don't know what day it is or who I am anymore. lol

1. brakel2 profile image73
                brakel2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean. Some days I wonder what has happened. Our hubs used to get indexed quickly. I searched Google, and there are a bunch of reasons, one of which is page rank. I know that HubPages has a good PR. I asked the question in Q and A, and one person replied that it normally takes 30 days.  I am confused and appreciate the question.

Reality Bites, I feel the same way. I have loved HubPages since the moment I found it. I do believe this new Idle Hub thing is a wrong move though and find it hard to support. I may go check out Wizzley.

I am an optimist, I am still working on hubs, just not going to publish them.  I am not ready to completely give up here, I have faith in the staff that they will resolve this issue and allow us to continue to earn, for everyone!

He that can have patience can have what he will.

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks to everyone for the replies and ideas. I have been intentional about writing more nonfiction Hubs and now this is an issue. I am struggling not to be discouraged. I have four more Hubs that I am working on but hesitate to publish them until this issue is resolved.

3. Len Cannon profile image89
      Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

Yeah, I have to say, I'm not really opposed to idle Hubs but I'm a little bit uncomfortable with the waiting period, especially for established authors. I've been here for almost four years at the end of this month, maybe trust I'm not going to push out 350 words to promote a MLM scheme?

4. Hyphenbird profile image82

It has now been 12 days and the Hub is still not indexed. Another is 8 days old and MIA. It is really frustrating and confusing especially when I have purposely left off creative writing to focus on true accounts, etc.
      Has anyone else seen their Hubs show up on Google yet since this thread began?

1. Alastar Packer profile image70
        Alastar Packerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Since I don't see it mentioned in the thread Paul E posted in the Idle Hubs thread that any edits done while in pending mode will cause further delay - apparently they would have to be moderated all over again. I put one out the day before IH went official. G picked it up immediately but de-indexed it a few days later while it was pending. The hub was approved after 4 or 5 days and was picked up G right away with good placement. Same with HP. But, can we nail down any consistences with whats going on between us all? Hyph, 12 days mien gott! Did you edit any while in pending mode? Might be a start, whither you did or didn't.

I'd like to link one of Brendas new story on to one of mine but all that comes up is no suggestions found. That happens on about half of them. Anyone got an idea whats up with that! Anyone know how to rectify the that? Or at least know whats going on with it?

No, I didn't edit them and these are good Hub. One is the bombing of the bath school, one is the murder in NY. It is not like they are even poetry.

Are they still in pending, Hyph?

No, they have the Featured symbol. I even copied the title and put my user name after it. Still nothing on Google. Bing has them though.

2. Alastar Packer profile image70

Is it out of pending now, Hyph it's showing on new hubs now and should be picked up by G soon.

They have been out of pending for days now but still nothing from Google. There is a glitch somewhere and it is a big one. I do trust HP to fix it but this needs emergency action-kind of like appendicitis. laugh

Saw somewhere last week that G may not be crawling our sub-domains as frequently as heretofore. Don't know if this is correct info or not. Sure hope it isn't.

5. moonlake profile image82
      moonlakeposted 11 years ago

I haven't wrote any hubs lately so don't know if they will index. Something strange does seem to be going on. I have hubs suddenly yesterday dropped to the bottom and have never been there. It's indexed but on third page of Google. So far I haven't found any of my hubs that are not indexed somewhere but I am worried about doing another hub.

So am I moonlake. I have another Hub readyto publish but hesitate because it will not help me if it is not seen outside of HP.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)