What you like about hub pages (Last one to answer is winner)

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)
  1. sunneyron profile image57
    sunneyronposted 11 years ago

I like the layout,people,que&answrs and discussions.

1. Seth Winter profile image81
      Seth Winterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I AM WINNING! But seriously, I started off liking hubpages because of the easy layout. But I think I'm started to get somewhat addicted to the forums...

sunneyronposted 11 years agoin reply to this

yeah thats rite!

2. ytbot1x profile image58
      ytbot1xposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That it can twist facts so confidently.

ATTENTION: HubPages Success Stories Graphs are GONE

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103890

2. Greekgeek profile image79
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

I like the clean, simple appearance of articles and the ease of the editor.

It's refreshing having a minimalist design so that our pages look professional rather than cluttered by screaming colors and bold themes that don't suit every kind of content. That is what drew me to Hubpages in the first place: I wanted to post educational articles where they wouldn't look silly.

Exactly

3. DDE profile image47
    DDEposted 11 years ago

Hubpages is a simple site to write for, with a helpful community, follow the easy to read guidelines and earn with original content, that shouldn't be a problem to abide by

Yeah it is ! better from squidoo

4. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

that they still allow religious fellows to preach....

awesome

5. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years ago

So many things:
    the ability to write about whatever I want, and have each article featured individually.
    -the community aspect - hubs can be seen by the community as soon as I publish
    -the professional guidelines, urging me to do better and better
    -the guidance from the FAQ, learning center, and now the apprentice program
    -the guidance and support from the community - learning stuff in the forums that I might have missed otherwise, and being able to read different opinions so I can make up my own mind
    -getting to know the community and becoming virtual friends

6. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 11 years ago

I really like Hubpages (my only gripe is the negative sock puppets that won't go away!)

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

7. YogaKat profile image74
    YogaKatposted 11 years ago

1. International community - I love the foreign voices/ insight.
    2. Automatic Copyright to "you" the writer - not the case on many other publishing platforms (OPP)s.
    3. We can use our own photos - also not the case on OPPs.

yeah thats rite
      thanxxx for answering

8. CrisSp profile image72
    CrisSpposted 11 years ago

I like that I can write anything under the sun (and the moon) without actually having to choose a niche and without being pushed to write. I love the diversity of the community. With HP,  I feel that my vulnerability is safe (somehow) compared to other social media sites. I'm just more comfortable expressing my thoughts and feelings here through my writings as against other sites.  Most of all, I find HP friendly, fun, educational, inspirational and motivational.

Yeah. You can write whatever you like and the theme is awesome.
      Thankyou so much CrisSp for answering. smile

2. lanablackmoor profile image82
      lanablackmoorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ditto! It's really refreshing not to be confined to a niche. Sure, you can specialize in SEO or gardening, but no one is going to blanche if you want to write an article about sports suddenly like they do on other sites.

9. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

That despite the numerous sock puppets there are still so many great writers who produce fascinating hubs and continue to help Hubpages succeed even through the adversity of Google's changes. With decent, honest and open debate these writers are helping Hubpages to weather the storm and are turning it into a quality article base rather than a content farm!

10. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Every day is a new adventure. big_smile

11. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 11 years ago

Easy to use

12. artsofthetimes profile image93
    artsofthetimesposted 11 years ago

Its a platform that has given me the opportunity to do what i never dreamed i could. Me, an online writer, earning some, without much sweat? Wow.
    Having the opportunity to reach out to the entire world in the comfort of my home.
    Having a great community that is ALWAYS there to give you a "helping hand" whenever you need one.
    Giving me something new to learn every single day about the intrigues of working online.
    Need i go on? smile

13. profile image53
    Bipflowerposted 11 years ago

Trolls big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)