For those who pray...

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (27 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Please pray for my friend Preston. His daughter was shot and killed in a road rage incident in GA. today.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/woma … ent/nbLfq/

If anyone would like to donate to the family, here is the link.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Collett- … 2058800843

Please pray for their family.
    Thank you

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't know how anyone copes with these kinds of things,
      So senseless. My prayers seem feeble, but may there be some good come from this tragedy and some consolation for the family.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Rochelle. I was praying with my kids and thinking how only God could bring any good out of anything so awful. What a beautiful girl she was. Her dad just adored his daughters.

2. writinglover profile image75
    writingloverposted 10 years ago

This is so sad and very senseless. I hope that the suspect is caught and tried to the fullest extent of the law. The daughter of your friend surely didn't deserve the fate she suffered. My thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

1. profile image0

No, she didn't. sad

3. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 10 years ago

Though no words are adequate, I am so sorry for the senseless tragedy that your friend and his family now face.

4. tillsontitan profile image81
    tillsontitanposted 10 years ago

I agree there are no words.  Sending prayers for your friend and family
    P

5. profile image0

Thank you all!

6. LongTimeMother profile image93
    LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

We should all take this as a reminder that we never know just when or how we might lose our loved ones.  While thinking of Preston, let's give our family members an extra hug and express how much we love them.

7. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

So awful, only the love of family and friends, prayers, and God's grace will bring comfort to this kind of tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Beth, as a friend and with your friend, Preston. Unthinkable.

8. profile image0

Thank you.

9. CraftytotheCore profile image74
    CraftytotheCoreposted 10 years ago

What a senseless act of violence on someone so young and just starting out.  Every day I see the turmoil on the streets here and I live in small town rural no where.  It's getting worse every day.  More speeders, people blowing through red lights, people challenging each other at intersections, always in a rush to get no where fast.  Then something like this happens.  Just terrible.  My heart and prayers go out to the family in this difficult time.

10. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

I am sorry to hear this. Prayers are being said.

11. profile image0

Apparently they have a suspect. For some reason it seems even sadder now.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/female-sus … ing/nbMXD/

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Certainly my heart and my prayers go out to this family.  I have several friends who have lost children and it ruins them forever.  I hope it goes better for your friends.

1. profile image0

That's so sad. I imagine you'd never be the same again. It's more than most of us could survive.

1. PegCole17 profile image93
          PegCole17posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. These senseless tragedies seem to come out of nowhere and for no good reason. I'll add her family to my prayers.
          Peg

12. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years ago

I add my prayers to all those here and my astonishment that this type of tragedy happens so frequently.

13. profile image0

Thank you both!

14. Rayshub profile image60
    Rayshubposted 10 years ago

What a tragedy this is, and prayer and time do help in the healing.
    My heartfelt prayers go up for the family.

Pain is for awhile, but the good memories last forever. Amen.

15. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 10 years ago

I grew up in Atlanta and it can be a very tough town. In the late 70's and early 80's it was the murder capital of the world.

Your friend's story reminds me of an incident 15+ years ago.  Entering the expressway with two lanes converging, I got into it with another very aggressive driver.  I ended up in front and slowed down to "punish" her. Once she had a chance to pass me, she rolled down her window and started throwing objects at my car.

My friend in the passenger seat said, "You know if she had a gun, she would have shot us both."  I blew it off at the time, but clearly I have never forgotten it. Atlanta has terrible traffic and some very aggressive drivers that take their personal slights and rages out on others on the road.

Your friend's daughter looks like a beautiful girl; such a terrible waste of life.  I wonder about her killer and how she feels about her brief moment of rage and its consequences.

I am very sorry for her family. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

1. profile image0

Yeah... seeing the killers face made it seem so personal. She was a life too... her life is over now too, and rightly so, but what a tragedy all around. So awful.

16. profile image0
    epsonok0posted 10 years ago

I am sorry to hear that. I will pray for you all. Such a sensless thing.

1. profile image0

Thank you.

17. Thelma Alberts profile image89
    Thelma Albertsposted 10 years ago

So sorry to hear about your friends lose. It´s senseless. I´ll pray for them and that the killer will be punish.

1. profile image0

Thank you Thelma.

18. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 10 years ago

So sorry to hear about the tragic event.  Trouble is more than prayer is necessary. America will continue to suffer the severe grief of loss of life to firearms. 
    America needs to grasp the nettle of the need to reign in the scurge of the proliferation of firearms society.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)