Question Regarding Traffic Sources and Google

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)
  1. jkcki profile image72
    jkckiposted 10 years ago

I'm sorry if this has been answered; I'm having trouble searching the forums and I already read the FAQ.

I noticed that on my traffic sources I have a lot of hits from Bing and Yahoo, but none from Google. This seems bizarre to me, as all of my other sites get three times as much traffic from Google as anywhere else. Is there a reason?

1. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You signed up less than two weeks ago.  That probably has something to do with it.  Also, because your Hubber score is less than 85, all of your links are NoFollow - even links to your own Hubs.  If you are linking to your own Hubs, you might want to remove those until your score increases.  Right now, you are telling Google that you do not trust nor recommend those links.

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
        SpaceShantyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

'Hubber score is less than 85, all of your links are NoFollow'
        Can you please explain this a little more for me.  Thanks

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

When I scanned Google, Bing and Yahoo! a while ago for several of my Hubs, I found that some came up sooner on the pages on Bing and/or Yahoo! than on Google. I simply figured that Google had a harder 'test' to pass.

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Here on HubPages, you're not writing on a big site - you're writing on your own sub-domain, which has to stand on its own feet.   I'm sure when you had only a few posts on your other sites, they didn't immediately get much attention from Google.

4. AMAZING THINKER profile image60
      AMAZING THINKERposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It takes time to rank in Google search results; it doesn't rank the content from new sites. It's Google's way to prevent spam pages ranking in search results.
      It will take at least 2 months till you rank for anything.

2. lovebuglena profile image83
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

that is strange indeed. I wonder why that is.

3. jkcki profile image72
    jkckiposted 10 years ago

I knew about the no follow, but I still found it bizarre that Bing and Yahoo were so clearly out performing Google on my traffic rankings.

However, Google just showed up on my traffic search, showing hits from a couple of weeks ago. But there's very minimal hits -- like, 6. So I'm betting traffic search doesn't show anything under 5 hits and that is why it's invisible.

Google is so low in the rankings compared to the other two that I'm guessing I'm being nerfed by Panda 2.0.

1. angryelf profile image91
      angryelfposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Panda was a long time ago- the most recent was the Hummingbird update. And no, you're not being hit by an update- you're a noob. As a noob, you've not gained ANY respect from Google yet- this is going to take a good while. My best hub scores over 200-300 hits per day, and even as a low comp keyword, it still took over 4 weeks to rank half decently. Even when it began to rank, i was only seeing traffic of maybe 30-40 hits. As it bobbled along, it was given a little respect by Google and climbed on up. There is no such thing as instant gratification with Google; and expecting a good rank in under 4 weeks, that would be considered instant gratification. She's slow, steady, and a beast when awoken. Bing and Yahoo don't have as good of algorithms as Google does; hence, why everyone uses Google for their searches wink You've got to have patience when it comes to SEO and traffic-  you'll reap the fruits soooonnnn enough smile Best of luck!!! And try to keep your sanity, you'll go crazy waiting for that traffic, I promise!!! lol

Panda is an ever-present algorithm and it has a data refresh beginning every third week.  To understand more about how it works now, read my Hub about Good Panda.

1. angryelf profile image91
          angryelfposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, I thought Hummingbird was an entire rewrite? I remember seeing some press release with statements, they were basically saying that it was an entire rewrite of the search algorithm. Unless it was built on, but I don't see how that's possible. I guess it's a good thing that my writing style has served well over the last year in either case!

Google Hummingbird is an algorithm developed to better detect the searcher's meaning behind search queries. It deals with the user's intent behind the words of a query and then renders results based upon the intent, not just the words used in the query or on webpages.

2. Traci Ruffner profile image60
        Traci Ruffnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That explains my issue with Google as well.

3. wabond profile image57
        wabondposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Talk about turkeys voting for Christmas.  Google is destroying small times writers and yet you are willing to praise the people hurting you?  Do you think that saying nice things about Google will make it treat you better?  All it is, is a money making robot.

2. Hikapo profile image78
      Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

When I started writing here in April, I didn't get much traffic from Google until May. It's normal. Nothing to worry about. Just wait a couple more weeks. smile

4. Alphadogg16 profile image84
    Alphadogg16posted 10 years ago

That's a very helpful and informative hub WriterFox, thanks...

5. wabond profile image57
    wabondposted 10 years ago

None of my hubs or blog have scored with Google for a long time. Google is no longer a unbiased search engine, if you are not making money for Google then it is not interested in you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)