FIXED: Stats inaccurate, not updating, & some values 0

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 9 years ago

The 'total views ever' on the 'My Account' page is not updating when the other stats are changed.  This has been the case with at least the last 3 updates today.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Can you explain what you are seeing and how it is inconsistent in a bit more detail please?

Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When the stats update, the 1-day stats change, but the 'total views ever' remains the same, which is impossible.

I have passed this on to our engineering team to see if there is an issue we need to resolve.
          Thanks for sharing this information and for your continued patience.

Thank you.  It's been this way for at least 12 hours.

2. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Matthew, I was just coming to report that my one day views stats are all reading 0. That is not correct.

1. Pollyanna Jones profile image96
          Pollyanna Jonesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is happening on my page too. Great to hear that a fix is being worked on.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71

We are currently working to address the stats, so they should be updating soon.
      We are fixing both the daily and "ever" stats, but they will not match until they have all been updated.

The 'last 24 hours' and 'ever' should update at the same time.

Thank you so much!

2. rajan jolly profile image93
        rajan jollyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure there has been no Google update?

1. Bedbugabscond profile image92
          Bedbugabscondposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My real time on Google analytics would indicate that my traffic is the same. But Google is forever updating. Since my traffic is OK, I'm not going to panic, yet...

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image93
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Same here!

4. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

yes, i was shocked when my total views stated 28!

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image93
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Its a zero now!

6. CatherineGiordano profile image78
      CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Me too. So frustrating. I'm really close to the milestone of 10,000 views and I wanted to see those zero's turn over.

7. Matthew Meyer profile image71

There are, indeed, ongoing stats issues that we are currently working to resolve.

Maybe this means you can start your weekend early!
      Thanks to everyone for your continued patience.

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image90
        Greensleeves Hubsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

One query I have - not of great importance perhaps, but is traffic still being recorded but simply not displayed, or is it not being recorded? In other words, when the glitch is rectified, will traffic figures from the past few days be included in updated stats, or are the visits we've had to our hubs during this period effectively now lost from the stats?

It is just not accurate right now on the stats page and we are working to address it right now.

It is being recorded.

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image90
            Greensleeves Hubsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. That's good to know.

2. JayeWisdom profile image90
            JayeWisdomposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's a relief to learn those views aren't lost.

8. Matthew Meyer profile image71

There should be adjustments and the zero values should see the accurate information reflected on the stats page. If you are still seeing any issues, please chime in here and let me know.

Thanks!

It was fixed on Friday.  Thanks.

1. monic-alang profile image68
          monic-alangposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's good now , Thank you very much smile

9. profile image0
      Lorelei Cohenposted 9 years ago

It seems that traffic stats are not picking up new visits either. Every new update seems to be halving traffic across all 3 of my accounts. If it was one account then I could understand this but across the board is just too big to count as a fluke. Something is funny in stats land.

Thanks for confirming this.  That's exactly what I am seeing, too.

10. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 9 years ago

My stats are going down and down and down! this is beyond weird! I know that when we have a Google Panda etc it does go down for a few days or weeks, but this is literally over the course of an hour!

Two updates ago, I visited three of my 'starter' Hubs that I have never published and which have 0 views for the week just to see if the visits would record.  They didn't.

11. ChristinS profile image38
      ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Yes, my traffic is down lower than ever so I hope it is a glitch here and gets resolved.  I can't believe my traffic dropped that much in the course of a day.  I was getting scared.

I was getting scared too, since it took 5 hours for anyone else to confirm it wasn't just me!!!!  I've never seen so many blue arrows.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image83
          Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is not just you. My experience is the same.

2. Sam Montana profile image80
          Sam Montanaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what I noticed this morning...I have never seen so many blue arrows either and got that knot in my stomach that I did something wrong.

2. monic-alang profile image68
        monic-alangposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly what is happening to my hubs... Well it really hearts to have Zeros only not even one or two sad

12. Rik Ravado profile image88
      Rik Ravadoposted 9 years ago

Yes my daily stats are suddenly down to less than half the normal values.

13. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Something funky is definitely going on. My traffic hasn't been anything to scream about lately but DAMN, when I checked my stats this afternoon they were low enough to limbo under an earthworm!!

14. rajan jolly profile image93
      rajan jollyposted 9 years ago

When I checked my daily stats this morning they had dropped by over 75% and the total views ever figure was stuck at the overnight figure. So much drop just overnight seems improbable as I have been having consistent views since long. There seems to be some glitch with the stats reporting.

15. Paul Kuehn profile image93
      Paul Kuehnposted 9 years ago

My stats this morning also showed about a 70% drop from yesterday.  Maybe there is another Penguin update happening now.  I guess we can only hope for the best.

16. Thomas Swan profile image96
      Thomas Swanposted 9 years ago

Phew! Glad this appears to be a technical issue and not a Google smite.

17. davidlivermore profile image92
      davidlivermoreposted 9 years ago

Geez glad this is a bug.  My stats are dropping fast and I thought my content was tanking.  Glad that isn't it.

18. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 9 years ago

Glad I saw this!  I was a little worried about my plummeting stats!  (Although Google reassure me that it was a bug!)  smile

19. Greensleeves Hubs profile image90
      Greensleeves Hubsposted 9 years ago

Good to see these posts. My Account Page today shows traffic of 141 - it hasn't been below 300 in the past year and is usually much more than that. My first thought was a Google update, but this is too extreme even for that, so I took a look at Google Analytics, and no recent drop was recorded there. Suddenly all seemed right with the world once more!  Thanks for those who wrote reassuring posts here.

1. sallybea profile image95
        sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My Daily traffic went down backwards by 130 views in the last hour and the weekly tool yet the views ever, have stayed the same.  Something really is amiss.  I have three screen shots to prove it.

20. aesta1 profile image92
      aesta1posted 9 years ago

Glad it is just a technical issue and hope it will be fixed soon.

21. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 9 years ago

My total traffic per day is less than 100, which is weird! I was seeing the best traffic I have seen for months and suddenly zilch on my best hubs. Something is very wrong.

22. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 9 years ago

Matt posted a comment earlier in this thread. This is a bug that will be fixed. My Google Analytics shows that traffic has stayed stable, so it's only the HP stats that are stuck.

23. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

It's raining blue arrows!

1. Cardisa profile image87
        Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol...feeling the blues!

24. earner profile image81
      earnerposted 9 years ago

Me too.  Just adding my voice to the weight and span of the issue.

I'm sure it'll be fixed soon, I've never had any issue on Hubpages last very long.  They do get fixed pronto.

25. littlething profile image96
      littlethingposted 9 years ago

Oh, good. I've never gotten many views, but seeing that I had NO views for today was not exactly encouraging. Glad to see that it might just be a bug

26. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 9 years ago

Zero views! I'm laughing so much my ribs are cracking!
      Reminds me of my first few days on HubPages.

27. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

It was quite humbling to see all those zeroes when I logged in this morning. If I hadn't already known there was a stats issue, I might have thrown my hands up and said "screw it, I give up!" Haha

28. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 9 years ago

I laughed too, because when I logged in I thought, I am going to only have a few views today because of the stats problem! LOL!

29. misterhollywood profile image92
      misterhollywoodposted 9 years ago

Yep I noticed this too. One of my hubs I know for a fact is getting a lot of traffic right now but the stats display is showing incorrect info. Glad you mentioned this!

30. shellys-space profile image60
      shellys-spaceposted 9 years ago

I was so pleased to see traffic improving and today a big "0" about gave me a heart attach.

31. ktnptl profile image76
      ktnptlposted 9 years ago

It shows zero views on all my hubs sad please help.

1. Swisstoons profile image73
        Swisstoonsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ditto.  I hope and trust this is a site-wide glitch.

32. Lady Lorelei profile image85
      Lady Loreleiposted 9 years ago

Only good thing about this situation is that we should all be seeing a bunch of little red up arrows when things start updating again smile

33. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 9 years ago

It's back! Nice figures smile

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. smile

34. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Views won't show until it is featured which takes up to 24 hour if not longer. Once it is featured, as long as the counter is working, then all views will show up including those that occurred before hub is featured.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)