How many HubPage members are still here?

Jump to Last Post 51-89 of 89 discussions (146 posts)
  1. MariaMontgomery profile image91
    MariaMontgomeryposted 8 years ago

I'm here. I haven't written anything new lately. Just trying to stay on top of the hubs I have.  My hubber score goes up & down from day to day whether I write anything or not.

2. simonsez profile image60
    simonsezposted 8 years ago

I haven't written anything for a very long time. Intend to get back with it.

3. Kathy Stutzman profile image85
    Kathy Stutzmanposted 8 years ago

I feel like a newbie here, am writing actively and am posting recipes every now and then - I like the format for recipe posting here at Hubpages. I look to the Hubpages community for words of wisdom and really try to avoid the feed when there is a lot of negativity happening. I find that when I post a question that is not controversial, I don't get a lot of responses (or assistance on the question I am asking) not sure what that is about - but I hang in there and check in every day when I can - this is an interesting "community" and I learn quite a bit from some of the posts.

I have also been very disappointed in the quality of many of the recipes here and believe that that really hurts the fidelity of the entire community - nice pictures, unreliable recipes. That is my two cents worth and Hubpages "check-in" today - thanks for asking Paul.

4. Emese Fromm profile image89
    Emese Frommposted 8 years ago

Hello, I am here, as well.  I am relatively new, and so far not as active as I'd like to be, since I don't have a lot of time for this, and I'm still learning to use HubPages effectively. I enjoy the site though, and I am happy to be part of this community.

5. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 8 years ago

Hi! I am still here, I joined two years ago. I like this site and enjoy interacting with other Hubbers old or new.

6. Jojo Yousef profile image71
    Jojo Yousefposted 8 years ago

Hello everyone

7. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years ago

I am still here and still active. Love this place !

1. chuckandus6 profile image77
      chuckandus6posted 8 years agoin reply to this

We also love reading your hubs

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
        Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much, chuckandus. Don't forget to leave comments if you read my hubs. I love to hear from you and love to chat. Thanks again.

8. janderson99 profile image53
    janderson99posted 8 years ago

Who has the most featured hubs?

9. Jacqui Sack 18 profile image62
    Jacqui Sack 18posted 8 years ago

Hi there, I have recently just joined, still finding my feet with all the hubs and signing up for all the paid stuff, but I intend to definitely give it a worthwhile shot on this site, I find it interesting that you can write and explore various subject matters from your perspective

10. dallas93444 profile image79
    dallas93444posted 8 years ago

Present! An occasional writer...

11. profile image0
    Robilo2posted 8 years ago

Still here.

12. Edithe Estelle profile image66
    Edithe Estelleposted 8 years ago

Hi fellow Hubbers! (Is that the lingo?smile Been signed up for about 2 months now, a few early frustrations but happy to say I'm enjoying creating my articles and posting for the public and working towards getting that 5th featured article so I can come off probation.
    Question, has anyone signed up for the ad revenue possibilities like Google Adsense or anything like that? If so does it translate into any significant income?
    Like I said I'm a writer and my primary desire is to build an audience and have a place to send people who wish to view samples of my writing, gain feedback from others and so on. Making money at Hubpages is not one of my top priorities but if its a useful amount of cash I'll do what it takes to get signed up.

13. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

I'm still here after 6 years or so, not terribly active in writing new  hubs, but I do update, edit, comment etc... and look in several times a week at least. My earnings grow, so that is motivation, but I also just enjoy some interaction... and have several hub ideas percolating.

1. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, here is one of the oldies, like me!  How you doing? 

I went to the Hub meet-up in Dallas, TX in March of 2011.  Met KC Big Country and some others as well as Hubpages staff.  It was really great!

14. CelebrateUSA profile image74
    CelebrateUSAposted 8 years ago

I am still here - through all the ups and downs. Hoping for more ups soon!

15. Biztech Consultan profile image57
    Biztech Consultanposted 8 years ago

Also I am

16. CelebrateUSA profile image74
    CelebrateUSAposted 8 years ago

Hello my friend!
    Glad to be here and very happy to meet you! Will take a look at your hubs!

17. Kimberlu profile image66
    Kimberluposted 8 years ago

Nice to meet you my hubs are not up to standard at this time I am currently trying to work on them, if you do take a look and have any suggestions I would appreciate it very much.
    Have a great day!
    Kimber

18. paulburchett profile image60
    paulburchettposted 8 years ago

Hello everyone!

19. lisavanvorst profile image62
    lisavanvorstposted 8 years ago

I am still here, but haven't made any money.

1. Kimberlu profile image66
      Kimberluposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I hoe not made any money either in fact I have never published anything in the five years I have been here. I am challenging myself to fix some of my old stuff and hopefully get it published and I have some new ideas as well. I am looking for people you would like to join me and we can challenge each other and maybe we will be able to make some money and even more.
      Kimber

20. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 8 years ago

I am still here and it's been over 7 years now. Every day I log in everyday but I am not motivated to write anymore because of the unfeatured hubs, pathetic traffic &earnings and low hubber score.

I have no scores some traffic I don't know how that happened as I have yet to publish anything, however I decided today that I am going to try to hopefully clean up some of the stuff I wrote in the past and I have a couple of new idea's rolling around for some new items and hopefully I will get something published and start seeing some improvement. I figure all this can only do one thing and that is help me to finish my books that I have started and hopefully finish my screen play. so I hope you will join me and maybe together we can challenge each other and get somewhere.
      Kimber

21. chika-nicholas profile image68
    chika-nicholasposted 8 years ago

Still very much on hubpages,2 years plus.
    I'm currently working on making my hubpage a scientific journal targetting the evolving agriculture niche.

That sounds interesting, setting a goal like that could be the key for you while I seem to be all over the place and can't make up my mind which direction I want to go. There are many things I know and want to share to help others and then there are things that just interest me and some if would require some or a lot of research. I do like to tell stories and that is where my niche is I think.

22. Jesse Helms profile image64
    Jesse Helmsposted 8 years ago

I too become a bit skeptical for the future of hubpage. Not sure if it's worth writing.

Jesse, are you using the hub to just make money or are you using it to improve your writing skills and money?
      I have not made any money either so for the moment I am utilizing the to help me to improve my writing skills and to improve my editing skills. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone

1. Jesse Helms profile image64
        Jesse Helmsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Only few write in hubpage, I believe,  hoping for serious monetary return. However, if you see the algorithm changing constantly to compromise the potential of your earning while you have no idea of what's going on with the system, you can't fully trust the site. I am trying not to think hubpage is doing anything wrong, but one of hubpage's problems is its lack of transparency, as some members pointed before, in its payment system. I am fairly new here, but the earning has dropped by more than 80% since when I first joined.  How can I with over 100 articles  currently earn only a fraction of what I first earned out of only a few articles some month ago? I don't think I will leave hubpage soon;  I joined hubpage because I wanted my own personal webpage. I can tell you one thing though: I am not motivated to prioritize hubpage. That's for certain.

I don't understand how everything works here I am still trying to figure it out, I was trying to find out how to send you a private message earlier but I have not figured that out either. If there is a way that we can have a private conversation I would appreciate it because I have a lot of questions and so far no answers. It seems to me that you may have the answers I am looking for.

2. John Redway profile image69
      John Redwayposted 8 years ago

New writer here, been trying to write many hubs over the past week since I had some time off. I've tried writing for other content farm sites a couple years back but didn't really get much out of it money-wise.

Hubpages seems better than the other site I've tried; I don't expect to make a lot of money here, just here to practice my SEO and writing really.

3. Cardia profile image74
      Cardiaposted 8 years ago

I joined nearly 4 years ago, but I'm still here. I sometimes go through spates of time where I don't visit HP too often or publish, but I'd say I've been pretty regular in my activity over the last few months.
      Just trying to organize my time/myself so that I can dedicate more time to editing/publishing.

4. bs31 profile image61
      bs31posted 8 years ago

Hello,I am.

Hi it's nice to meet you

5. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 8 years ago

Hey, what's up Hublettes!  I've been here 6 years.  Used to post a lot on these forums but life has taken me other directions lately. 

What's the latest scoop here?  We used to have a lot of fun on these forums with some totally ridiculous stuff.  Don't know what happened to all the other oldies.

6. Rota profile image80
      Rotaposted 8 years ago

I'm here. Open my hubpages account weekly, but haven't written a hub for a month or two but have been in to reply to comments and improve hubs.

7. profile image0
      abrodechposted 8 years ago

I'm still breathing

8. Sebastian Balog profile image80
      Sebastian Balogposted 8 years ago

Yepp still active and will be!

9. Jewels profile image82
      Jewelsposted 8 years ago

How far back do you want to go?  I started in 2007 - known as the good old days. I don't participate like I used to.  Just visit and check out comments and accruals.

10. honeyreyes profile image67
      honeyreyesposted 8 years ago

Just started this year in HubPages smile

11. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 8 years ago

I'm nearing my 4th anniversary here, and I seem to remember when I joined HP boasted 200,000 members.  Can anybody confirm that?

Like others, I used to float in the 90's but for the last year I can't seem to get out of the 80's no matter what I do.  My earnings remain constant (nothing to brag about) and my views have not recovered from the devastation of about a year ago. 

I'm about to publish my third ebook so I haven't been writing as many hubs this year as in the past, but I'm looking forward to "spouting off" again soon.  The 100+ I have accumulated keep getting re-read so I still enjoy the interaction with other hubbers.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
        Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The Web Archive shows the number of users on October 10, 2012, was 1,149,266.  (The information before that date is not available from that source.)  Today, HP shows the number of users is 65,927.

Last year, one of the team members posted on the forum that they had purged the site and removed many users who were no longer active, etc. Today's 'Published Users' figures still reflect a lot of Hubbers whose Hubs are all unfeatured and who are not 'active' users.  So, we are not able to really tell how many active people who write quality Hubs are still here.

The entire site was affected from September, 2014, when all of the unvetted content from squidoo.com was added to HP and allowed to remain for three months or more before being sent through QAP. For the background on that see my predictions and evaluation of results on these forum postings:
        http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/124071#post2625507
        http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/126109#post2661448

12. tcwriter profile image62
      tcwriterposted 8 years ago

Hello!  I signed up about a year ago, posted a Hub, then got busy with other responsibilities...but I'm back!  I've started writing again and it feels great.  I'm hoping to use HP as something fun to do and a way to earn a little money while in school. smile

13. Peggy W profile image96
      Peggy Wposted 8 years ago

Still here!  Regarding accolades for stolen hubs mentioned by Au fait, I would surely be right up there with some kind of top reward.  Not happy about it!  Sometimes despite my best efforts they are hard to eradicate.  I tackle that job on occasion and spend hours at a time trying to file DMCA reports when I can discover the correct contacts.  Am currently in the process of trying to create my own website.  I have met so many interesting and nice people on this site!  I always check in daily and enjoy reading some new hubs as well as interacting with people who leave comments on my hubs.  That will probably never change as long as HubPages is around.  I met Robin many years ago at a HubCamp in Houston.

14. honeyreyes profile image67
      honeyreyesposted 8 years ago

I joined January this year and I hope you can give me tips smile

Thank you!

15. Brie Hoffman profile image61
      Brie Hoffmanposted 8 years ago

I've been here for over 7 years now.  I still make money every month which is why I check in everyday but I am discouraged.  There is too much junk on this site and HP needs to deal with that.  Furthermore, the current system of unlisting certain articles is not working either.  Maybe HP has gotten too big, I don't know, but I am not motivated to write when all I see are negative results coming down the pike.

16. earner profile image81
      earnerposted 8 years ago

Well, it's how many are still here -and- bother with the forums -and- spot this post -and- can be bothered to open it and scroll and put a reply smile

Usually .... you'd miss me smile

I'm in my 8th year here now, but rarely venture onto the forums - just when I'm idle and avoiding doing anything that's meaningfully and measurably productive.

17. James M Becher profile image68
      James M Becherposted 8 years ago

Hi!  I'm a Squidoo refugee (came over in the big transfer)  and am still here.  Seems like I'm getting fewer views and definitely fewer product sales than on Squidoo, but I'll still stick it out and see what happens.

18. Samuel Kahn profile image62
      Samuel Kahnposted 8 years ago

Hello  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)