How many HubPage members are still here?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 89 discussions (146 posts)
  1. paulburchett profile image60
    paulburchettposted 9 years ago

Say hello and let me know you're still active on HubPages.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

The last time I looked, HP stats showed more than 71,000 writers here.  That is way down from what it used to be, but is still a strong number.

1. Alternative Prime profile image57
        Alternative Primeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Therein you will discover the very root of the problem ~ When you deploy a flood of roughly 70,000 contributors unto the literary universe, if indeed this is a genuine number, the HP site in totality will automatically be “Defaulted” into “Content Farm” status by the general public, which is of course not a very desirable position in which to be placed ~ An obvious scenario impossible to AVOID ~

There is a very small percentage of stellar writers here, or who were present and accounted for in the past, who were unfortunately contaminated by the overwhelming “Tonage of Junk” willfully distributed by the balance ~

It’s virtually impossible to reconcile 70,000 contributors against “Content Farm” status, or even 1000 / “CF“ ~ From my extensive experience in the industry, a quality site is extremely lucky to enlist 10 superb contributors ~

~ A.P. ~

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello, I am not here.  Or am I?

paulburchettposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello SirDent, nice to meet you!

2. profile image0
        promisemposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you are not here because you are there. Or at least you were.

3. csmiravite-blogs profile image74
      csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I wander off, do some other things, and them come back. Which reminds me, to crank up another hub and tweak all the others. They  need updating to increase my hubbie scores.

1. chateaudumer profile image83
        chateaudumerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello all. I have not written a new hub since last December. But I still read and open my Hubpages account almost everyday.   I have 33 hubs and getting only about 20 views per day, but I like the Hubpages writers/community  and the HP staff as well.

2. Elsie Hagley profile image69
        Elsie Hagleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm a ex-squidoo transfer, been here for six months, login every day, check out hubs, read my feed.
        I won't be moving on enjoy this writing platform and all the members, very helpful. Cheers to the future of HubPages, not many active transfers from Squidoo, Very Sad.cool

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image91
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Very rare for me to access the forums now but happened to do so purely by accident tonight with a wrong click and saw this thread. Had to contribute! Been here going on 8 years and although life circumstances cause me to take breaks at times, it's always a huge pleasure and joy to come back. Love Hub Pages and I'll be here as long as we're both around!

4. pagesvoice profile image74
        pagesvoiceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

After 5+ years still here, but the thrill is almost gone.

5. tsmog profile image84
        tsmogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I check into HP pretty much daily these recent months. My hub writing has waned as much as my journal writing. I seem to be at an impasse of sorts, though I am inspired. That inspiration just does not flow shall we say. Patterns of life are changing as I also am changing. HP is changing rapidly as is internet life . . . growth is exponential and audience is diversified while still having specificity. A challenge of sorts for the budding writer learning of authoring.

6. Nadine May profile image73
        Nadine Mayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes I am, but not as often as I would like.

7. Pollyanna Jones profile image94
        Pollyanna Jonesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello! I'm a bit of a newbie, but I do try to write one Hub a week since joining last autumn. I've found fellow writers to be a friendly and supportive bunch. The community here really is lovely.

8. kj force profile image60
        kj forceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I started on HP in 2010 and was very active until 2013. At this time it appeared many others started leaving, no one stated a reason. Then it happened , just about everything I posted was not " up to HP standards "...
        or subject matter appeared too similar...so I too fell by the wayside.
        I am a Medical Researcher,/ published author by trait, but wrote lighthearted material for HP.  I tried several times to update/edit my previous write but to no avail...they are considered " sub standard "...but I will continue trying periodically...I still do " questions " ...

9. peachpurple profile image81
        peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I, have been here since 5 years ago, still active as ever. Present!

10. profile image0
        jonnycomelatelyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi everyone.  I am still here, and regularly checking in. 
        I still get a trickle of people looking at a few of my Hubs.  But not many now, mainly I think because I have not initiated any new Hubs recently.
        The forums used to be very active with a great many very interesting people.  Whether I agreed with them or not was not so important as the chance to hear the views of other people.  Alas, the numbers have declined very much.  I was checking a few of the active forums that interested me the other day and many of them tailed off about 3 years ago. 
        Where have people gone to, I wonder?   Have they found another site that is a bit more "alternative" friendly?  HubPages seems to be very Google-linked and a bit biased along the religious lines.... am I correct in this?  Happy to be proved wrong if any one disagrees with me.

1. Popit profile image60
          Popitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Johnycomelately,  I left for a couple of years and then came back.  Some of the forums are a little, shall we say, challenging but there are loads of really interesting, nice people on here.  I live the fact that you can get in touch with people from all walks of life, in far flung places.  You've got to dig a little deep to find posts that you might enjoy, you don't say which?   Hubpages gives you access to the writing of people you might not read otherwise.  Perhaps we should both have a go at posting about things that interest us and see where it goes from there?

1. Popit profile image60

sorry, that should be 'love' not 'live, my fingers are all over the place today big_smile

1. Popit profile image60

I've just taken a look at one of your hubs, crumbs the photo's are good!  There most be loads of hubbers' here, who have a passion for nature and would love to engage on the forums with you.  You really will have to start your own posts!

11. trish1048 profile image67
        trish1048posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm back after a very long hiatus smile

12. Kimberlu profile image65
        Kimberluposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hello I am still here I just came back after a very long break.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Hello (raises hand)

Hello!

5. Jayne Lancer profile image90
      Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

I'm here again. I was mostly inactive from 2011 until 2014.

6. Edithe Estelle profile image66
      Edithe Estelleposted 9 years ago

I'm here (Hi!) but I'm new. And since 1 of the 2 hubs I've published so far keeps being unpublished I don't know how much longer I'll stay.

Hi! Well I hope you stick around.

7. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 9 years ago

Hello! I´m present. Nice to meet you.

Hello, nice to meet you too!

8. wordswithlove profile image66
      wordswithloveposted 9 years ago

I am here but have been dormant for several months. I published a new hub yesterday after all that time. I really don't have much time to come by here or my other sites and don't find it very worthwhile in general.

9. FitnezzJim profile image76
      FitnezzJimposted 9 years ago

Here!  (sort of)

10. louise-barraco profile image39
      louise-barracoposted 9 years ago

I am here I am new and I'm learning as I go

11. mdgardner profile image92
      mdgardnerposted 9 years ago

I’m here. I haven’t written a hub since last year but I still like to log in to see what’s going on.

12. colorfulone profile image77
      colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

~ Wave ~

13. profile image0
      Robilo2posted 9 years ago

I am here.  I transferred with Squidoo late last year.  I dumped my old lens topics and wrote 15 new Hubs.

14. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
      Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

I was here a minute ago ... not so sure where I am now ... I think I wandered off ...

15. profile image0
      TMacEwanposted 9 years ago

Been on the site for three years but haven't really been active till now.

16. old albion profile image61
      old albionposted 9 years ago

I'm still here. Trying to be a success.
      Graham.

1. brakel2 profile image72
        brakel2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am here I think ha ha wave

17. Uzochukwu Mike profile image78
      Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

Hello!

Hello Mike!

18. Suzanne Day profile image94
      Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

I float in and out. At present I am studying, so all my time is taken up with that. But hopefully I'll get back to hubbing again soon.

19. dougwest1 profile image95
      dougwest1posted 9 years ago

I'm still here getting ready to post a new Hub.

20. CelebrateUSA profile image76
      CelebrateUSAposted 9 years ago

Hello! Yes, still here and lovin' it!

Hello!

21. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

Yes, I am here and hubbing is my passion, though this year the number of hubs I wrote is less.  Anyhow it is a nice platform and I love being here with the company people like you.

Thanks! Nice to meet you.

22. Shades-of-truth profile image83
      Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

Present!

23. mary615 profile image81
      mary615posted 9 years ago

Just raised my hand:  I'm here!
      When I read some old Hubs, I see comments from writers who are no longer here for whatever reason. 
      I may wander away for a short time, but I always come back to HubPages!

24. lbsf1 profile image79
      lbsf1posted 9 years ago

I'm here. Not as much as I was a year ago, because my views have dropped off and no matter what I do wont increase, but hey ho, just gonna keep going.

1. profile image0
        TMacEwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Got to keep plugging away. Haven't gotten to many views myself but just started last week. Been here for 3 years but wasn't able to get on due to obligations.

25. Solaras profile image95
      Solarasposted 9 years ago

Hi there.  Nice to see you Paul.

You too Solaras.

26. ThisisMissyMiss profile image60
      ThisisMissyMissposted 9 years ago

Hello!  I'm here!  smile

Hello!

1. ologsinquito profile image83
          ologsinquitoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Still here.

27. lisavanvorst profile image63
      lisavanvorstposted 9 years ago

I am still here I think two years. I just haven't written too many new hubs as I started a job in May and life is very busy. If I don't have anything new to write, I generally comment in these forums and comment on other hubbers work.

28. samikan profile image70
      samikanposted 9 years ago

hi i m here again but not active from long.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm here. I've been here for 4 years, but there have been so many changes since the first Google Panda algorithm change, and consequent changes, and there is no money in it anymore. People who were here longer liked writing, but were making a lot of it here, when the rules allowed a lot of outside links and let you advertise your work in other places.

Now it's basically just a place to write if you like to. You won't make much money, and if you work hard and have a large body of hubs, each time you have to change them all you will get sick of it.

The community is nice. The administration can't figure out what to do to get back into Google's good graces, and probably never will. But there aren't any other good sites for writer's now, it's the only game in town. So it's still a good place to get feedback if you like to write, and get practice.

2. paulburchett profile image60

Hi!

29. Muttface profile image79
      Muttfaceposted 9 years ago

Howdy.
      I joined in 2013, but got a new job in 2014 so I mostly ignored Hubpages that year. 2015 has been quiet enough, so I've had some more time to dedicate to writing hubs. My traffic usually goes down in the summer months, but I was a bit surprised to see them lacerated from the Panda attack.

I like sniffing round on the forums because you learn a lot and some of the threads are very entertaining. I guess the reason I hang around is because of some of the success you hear about gives you a bit of hope.

Actually, it's interesting you posted this. I was wondering the other day about a writer who used to be very active on the forums in 2013, but I haven't seen in the last few months. Her name is WriLite, or something like that. She used to be very helpful.

Hello! Maybe she will show up for you.

30. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years ago

I've been here over 8 years and am still doing pretty well.

Adding better images and updated content helps to keep my Hubs viable regarding traffic and income. The fact that many students access my Hubs all year long helps as well. My writing has improved markedly month by month since the start and I appreciate that, since we seem to live in a "Continuous Improvement" system in much of the workplace (since the late 1980s) and in online content. A bit more work is required now than previously, I think, but I like improving.

Hope all HP writers can have good experiences here - Happy Spring!

Nice to hear from you Patty, God Bless.

31. robhampton profile image95
      robhamptonposted 9 years ago

Been here since 2011. Love it, make good money in the summer season

32. ThatMommyBlogger profile image87
      ThatMommyBloggerposted 9 years ago

Howdy!  I'm here.  smile

Howdy, nice to meet you!

33. chuckandus6 profile image77
      chuckandus6posted 9 years ago

I am still here, I had a gap for a couple years that I stopped working on my hubs but the ones I had, were going strong,I have since updated old hubs and made new ones I have 40 hubs  I think .

34. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 9 years ago

I am still here, and I have no plans to leave.

35. littlething profile image95
      littlethingposted 9 years ago

I'm here. Haven't been too terribly active lately, but I'm still here and occasionally  publishing

36. alikhan3 profile image94
      alikhan3posted 9 years ago

Hello ..... there

37. melbel profile image95
      melbelposted 9 years ago

Hello

38. K Kiss profile image58
      K Kissposted 9 years ago

I am here ... I have had my grumpy days with hubpages..but I have here for so long that I guess I'll be around .. with the desire to publish more often

39. Paul Maplesden profile image76
      Paul Maplesdenposted 9 years ago

*Bounce*

40. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 9 years ago

Here, present. I check in everyday just to see what's up. I keep hoping for a return to the writing days of HubPages in the past. So many of the regulars seem to be missing. Like others, when I read the comments on my old hubs I see so many who are no longer active. But, onward. Still looking for that one magic hub to go viral one day. Wouldn't that be grand?

1. pagesvoice profile image74
        pagesvoiceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've been here for over 5 years and no matter what I do...no matter how active I am...no matter how many edits I do to my posts...and no matter how many questions and comments I ask, HubPages continues to dump on my Hub Score. I was always in the high 90s and rarely in the low 90s. Now, no matter what, I can't get above a score of 84. I am discouraged and disgusted all rolled into one. It is a feeling of rejection and a slap in the face of loyalty and certainly something that has left a horrible taste in my mouth.

41. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 9 years ago

I still pop by now and then smile I'm leading a fairly busy life right now though and I'm writing on my own websites a lot as well.

1. brakel2 profile image72
        brakel2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi WryLilt. Good to see you again.

42. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

I joined 2 years ago and I am still here. As far as I know I have no reason to leave.

43. Au fait profile image86
      Au faitposted 9 years ago

Just passed my 4th anniversary and I seem to have hit the big time.  3 of my articles have been stolen and printed word-for-word on at least 2 other sites.  The investigation continues . . .

There should be an accolade stating how many hubs a person has had stolen from here.  I know I'm not alone and others have probably suffered more theft.

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
        sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sure, it is a painful experience to see our great work is copied by someone. I also support your view on an accolade or something specific to that extent to pin point a 'stealer'.  Meantime, could you please teach me the mechanism to know how is our work is copied elsewhere. Congrats on your 4th anniversary. Keep on writing. All the best.

1. Au fait profile image86
          Au faitposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There will be a small red copyright sign (letter c inside a circle) next to the title of your hub on your account page. 

Also, you may check any of your hubs at any time by copy and pasting capsule titles or entire paragraphs from your hub into the Google search box.  That is what I did to find out who had copied my work and it popped right up below my article's listing.

1. mary615 profile image81
            mary615posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had a poem stolen word for word!  Took me weeks to get it removed.  Google Alert helps, too.  I get an email when an article is published using my key words.

One of the sites has taken my article down in less than 12 hours from the time I filed a complaint with Google, but apparently I have to file against each site separately because the other 5 are still unchanged.

2. PegCole17 profile image93
        PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I like your idea for an accolade for having hubs that were stolen. I would have quite a few accolades. The worst kind are the sites that use your pictures and garble some highlights from several hubs. Their sources are really hard to track down.

44. Jenn-Anne profile image75
      Jenn-Anneposted 9 years ago

I don't write here any more - I have a blog which I enjoy a great deal so I put all my energy into that. However, I do still pop in here to see how my hubs are doing and see what the community is up to.

45. gaddie profile image63
      gaddieposted 9 years ago

Hello, I am new to Hubpages and have just signed up to this site a few weeks back,

gaddie, welcome to HubPages!  Look forward to reading your hubs . . .

2. chuckandus6 profile image77
        chuckandus6posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome gaddie

46. madscientist12 profile image93
      madscientist12posted 9 years ago

hello! I am always so busy with school that I haven't had time to write lately, but as soon as summer hits, I'll be back :-)

47. DaveOnline profile image69
      DaveOnlineposted 9 years ago

Hello, I'm happy to still be here on HP!

48. steve8miller profile image65
      steve8millerposted 9 years ago

Still use Hubpages! Good place to be.

49. lisavanvorst profile image63
      lisavanvorstposted 9 years ago

I'm still here, but after reading all the forums and the negative insight to this site, I really don't know how long.

50. profile image0
      Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

I've been here for about 8 months now - joined from Squidoo.      Haven't been overly active recently, although I do check in at least 5 days a week to see what's happening.

51. lex123 profile image81
      lex123posted 9 years ago

I have been here for a long time (7 years) and am planning to continue here as long as I can. I have seen HP in various stages. Though I am not much active here I do post hubs occasionally. I am busy with my own websites and ebooks, but still manage to check here periodically.

52. clivewilliams profile image72
      clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

too many

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)