I Just Completed 10 Years on HubPages!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

A surprising email today reminded me that I just passed the 10-year mark on HubPages! 

I've seen a lot of changes, even though some were frustrating, and have seen many major improvements, fun new tools to use in writing, some good conversations, good income, and best of all - marked upgrading of content on HP and growing respect for the community from readers.

Happy March, everyone!

1. louise-barraco profile image39
      louise-barracoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is amazing congrats

2. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Very impressive!  Well done, you have amazing staying power:)
      Happy March to you too.

3. jackclee lm profile image83
      jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! You must be one of the first hubbers.

4. Christy Kirwan profile image93
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations and thanks for sticking with us over the years, Patty!

5. kenneth avery profile image78
      kenneth averyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations smile Patty! I am sure that you deserve this honor.

6. letstalkabouteduc profile image95
      letstalkabouteducposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Good for you, Patty! That shows a lot of grit. 1,000 Hubs is beyond impressive.

Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Since it;s over 2,000 now, I'd never be ale to search them all in a week. yikes:

7. Ilonagarden profile image89
      Ilonagardenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is pretty amazing! Really an accomplishment... and I wonder what ten earthly years are in internet time?!

Sometimes it feels like 100 years smile Other-dimensional and awesome.

8. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
      Phyllis Doyleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Patty. And Happy March to you.

Thanks very much! Hope all is well with you.

9. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hooray!! That certainly is a happy event to celebrate. Doesn't time fly by? Once we stop of cause it is then we notice changes as shared. Also, I am thankful for your role model as a Hubber to follow in the six years I have been here.

Hooray! from me too. Thanks for the kind words - I try to do something worthwhile on HP. And time does go fast. 10 years feels like a whole generation now, because of so many changes everywhere.

10. MKishor profile image58
      MKishorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Patty. This is something which motivates all of us to stay here and keep doing the good work.

Thanks! - I am happy that it motivates Hubbers! The community is growing and developing every day.

11. SakinaNasir53 profile image93
      SakinaNasir53posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Great job Patty Inglish, MS smile Congratulations.

12. Muchsuccess profile image92
      Muchsuccessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on your great years of work and achievement.

13. cam8510 profile image93
      cam8510posted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's good to read your brief evaluation of the last ten years on HP. You must have been standing in line on the day they opened the doors.  Congratulations for your successful years as a hubber.

14. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Patty:  Congratulations.  I have read your work and can honestly say that you are one of the best writers on this site.  You've been a real asset to HP, and I hope you continue to write here for a long time.  Beginners would do well to take a look at your work so that they can see what real stellar writing is all about.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Hi Everybody!

@jacklee lm -- jimmythejock is the first Hubber and I came along about the year after. But yeah, I'm one of the earlier ones.

@Christy Kirwan -- Thanks very much. The only time it made me tired is the week I searched through my then-1,000 Hubs, looking for a particular image I learned was copyrighted, but was listed as public domain on a free-images site. LOL It's still exiting on HP!

@sallybea -- I guess I made up my mind early to learn how to make this work. smile There's been a lot of helpful advice along the way.

@louise-barraco -- Thanks a million!

3. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

Congratulations, this is beyond awesome!!!!

4. kannanwrites profile image92
    kannanwritesposted 7 years ago

Congratulations, well deserved. You have always been an inspiration to me.

5. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 7 years ago

Happy 10, Patty! You are an inspiration.

6. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 7 years ago

As Jan says, you are an inspiration!  Congrats and hopefully we can all enjoy another 10 years!

7. profile image0
    Siah Worldposted 7 years ago

Congratulations

8. aesta1 profile image92
    aesta1posted 7 years ago

Congratulations. Your being part of Hubpages certainly made this community much more valuable. You're one person who has made my HP experience much better.

It is an honor to read your praise! It makes me want to work harder.

9. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

Wow, I can't believe the years have gone so fast. Congrats! You're inspirational!

Your Hubs and comments are inspirational as well!

10. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I always think of you in 'hushed whispers' for your excellence. And I've talked to several folks who say you've been their inspiration and idol in this writing on the web game. smile

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is just amazing. You are an inspiration to all writers who sometimes have the urge to just give up. Congats,you really deserve it!

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

@Wesman Todd Shaw - That's remarkable to be thought of in that way. I am overwhelmed!

@Jean Bakula - Thank you and I hope you write many more top-shelf pieces soon. So many people enjoy them!

11. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 7 years ago

Congratulations Patty!  You are certainly an inspiration to all of us with your excellent writing skills and interesting subjects.  I have passed my 8 year mark with HP.  Those of us who have been around awhile have seen many changes through the years.  HP certainly proves that it has staying power.  Looking forward to the years ahead.

Happy 8 years on HP to you, Peggy! I am glad we are still here together.

12. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 7 years ago

That's awesome! Do you know of anyone who's here longer than you smile

Jimmythejock was the first Hubber and his account is still live. Relache has also been on HP longer than I have been.

13. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 7 years ago

A stupendous achievement. I wonder how many hours you've put in on this 10 year shift!!!! You deserve a holiday, or at least a day off.

I remember some very long days for a couple of stretches of 6 months each, building up an article base. A holiday sounds very good.

14. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

That's a wonderful accomplishment, Patty!
    Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary. big_smile

15. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 7 years ago

Congrats on your notable anniversary!  smile

16. MsScorpio profile image59
    MsScorpioposted 7 years ago

this is my first time how does this work

17. PegCole17 profile image93
    PegCole17posted 7 years ago

Congratulations, Patty. It's great to see someone with staying power. You are an inspiration. Happy anniversary!

18. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thank you all for these wonderful comments and thoughts! I hope we are together here at the end of the next 10 years. See you then, too!

19. srsddn profile image90
    srsddnposted 7 years ago

A decade is a long period and it speaks high of you as well as HubPages. It is interesting to note that you might have experienced many ups and downs, evolutionary changes in HP and other Hubbers growing during this period. I salute your persistence and visualise a great motivational force in you. Congratulations!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)