Dating A Black Dude?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (30 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Hey Ladies, I was just wondering amongst all the delectable women here in Hubpages, who wouldn't mind dating a black guy? Or if you've or still do, how was/is it? There's a lot of urban legends that follows us black men, and it really does seem that when it boils down to it, a lot of white women are now going for black men. Selah
    Now, what do you think about it? And you can be provocative as hell in your answers. We wont be banned or anything...I hope.

1. getpaidtopost profile image40
      getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

is this just for women, what about the gays in the village wink lol

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This question seems to be aimed at women who don't want a serious relationship but are just out for fun - and it may well be that for such women, the "black dude" would be attractive, if only to find out whether the urban myths are true!

For those women looking for a serious relationship, I can't see that the urban legends have any relevance - committing to someone is about so much more than just sexual stamina.  And,by the way, women aren't looking for sexual stamina anyway - lying there while the guy bangs away can get pretty boring.  It's the other stuff we really like wink

The only black dude I know well is a guy from Chicago, who I worked with a few years ago.  I'm attached so I wasn't interested in a relationship - but if I had been free, I'd have to say he would have made a good catch.  Nothing to do with urban myths - but he had a charming courtesy which white guys just don't have, at least not here in Oz!

2. profile image0
    IĆ°unnposted 14 years ago

what difference does colour make any direction at all?

would you prefer someone date you just because you are black, or just because you're you?

I know some white women who date blacks exclusively and I'm not sure if that is any less racist than not dating men that are black because of colour.  it still implies stereotyping.

just my humble opinion.

3. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Yes I have dated a Islander, he was sort of a dark caramel colour, and boy was he hot, sadly he was an asshole, had to give him the flick.....(nothing to do with his skin colour just a total tosser) Damn what a waste I say...every bloke I used to talk to, he would accuse me of sleeping with, da da you know tha type.

4. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

OK.  This will maybe be provocative (?) 

I dated a black guy when I was 18 or 19.  He was cool; I really liked him--and he was just so much better in quite a few ways than all the other guys I was seeing at the time.  (haha I was very young and dating more than one at the same time--it was a phase I soon got over.) However, I was a college student and he was in his 20's and not doing too much with his life.  Compound this with the fact that his mother hated me because I was a white girl with her son.  I was much too young--but still, I don't think the relationship would have gone anywhere, because of the issues of racism in the US (still) surrounding (some) interracial couples.

I also have a friend from Ivory Coast, Africa, Yacouba, who just got his Phd in French Lit.  He always said that the (especially) inner city blacks in America have "lost something."  Some sort of drive or dignity or something, I guess.  And I'll be honest, I think from my experience with many inner city types in Omaha, NE (yeah, we had them--the North Side & the leader Malcolm X was from Omaha) and NYC, I find that to be true.  Could be those couple centuries spent as other people's slaves, followed by another 80-90 years of Scottsboro Boys-type justice and lynchings...oh, I dunno.

The thing is, when it comes down to it, much of 'dating' (at least serious to semi-serious varieties) boils down to cultural, educational similarities, etc., and similar approach to life, in a way.  And some people are even still influenced by who their families think they should date or marry (which luckily, I've never had to worry about).  So, just as a broad-based example, would I date a Barrack Obama?  Yep, darn near an ideal guy--attractive, smart, educated, dedicated to his work, wink,and family.  Would I date the successful rapper DMX, who just got out of jail not long ago here in AZ?  Uh, no. No.  I don't think so.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol. DMX, hilarious. He would bark at you! Woof! Woof! Get that ass over here Lita Baby! Lol.

5. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I haven't dated a black guy... but I totally would. My celebrity crush is a black guy. My boyfriend is Puerto Rican, his family and culture completely different than mine. While we have similar ways of living life, we're different in a lot of ways because of how we were raised. But he teaches me a lot and I teach him a lot smile Again for me, color doesn't mean a thing.

6. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't date a black chap - my other half wouldn't like it.

1. countrywomen profile image60
      countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For committed couples that's a strict NO NO.http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6403/naughtydt8.gif

1. LondonGirl profile image82
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think he'd be just as unhappy if I dated a white / black / Indian / green / pink with yellow spots man.

I know LG. I was addressing the second part of your statement;)

Hypothetically I have been fond of some black actors like Denzil Washington but for a serious life long relationship I am still not a game for the complications (friends, family and society) smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's so sad that this should be an issue in a so-called progressive country like the US.  My aforesaid friend (the Chicago dude) married a white Australian girl.  He moved to Australia for exactly that reason - to get away from the prejudice.

He lives in Sydney and says it's the first time in his life that he has genuinely felt his colour isn't an issue.

I am already married. I originally hail from India. US is pretty progressive and lots of inter racial couples exist here. Bye friends take care. Have to attend a dinner invitation now. smile

1. tksensei profile image60
                tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In fact, multiracial people are the fastest growing demographic in the US.

7. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Okay, so why is it okay for you (and I think from previous posts that you're black) to post this question. But if I posted this, Al Sharpton would be suing me right about now? Seriously.

Why would that fool be suing you?

8. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Color and culture and distance should not matter.  Relationships are based on trust, honesty and understanding. I have been in inter-racial relationships before, and I wouldn't hesitate to become involved in one again.

9. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

umm I have just never been attracted to one.

10. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

My step-son married and African/American lady and we have two grandchildren that share our president's heritage.  I was hoping this kind of thing would be considered common by now. 
    It is not accurate to say there is no differences; of curse there are differences but no more than an Irishman marrying an Italian woman.  People grow up with different attitudes about things but if you love each other you can understand the differences and see that you have much more in common than you have differences.
    As far as other people go, if there are that ignorant, they can go screw themselves.

Good post.

11. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Dating a dude of any race would be a challenge for me. I love horses and all, but don't know if I could live the ranch life every day! wink

12. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

When I was dating, color was not the issue.  Personality, beliefs and work ethic were what mattered.

13. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

There are issues and differences but they aren't as big a deal as people make them out to be. My son's girlfriend is black and they may marry, they've been together a long time. I dated a black guy before Bill and I met. He was a jerk but it wasn't because he was black, it was because he was a jerk.

I think it's true though that there's a lot of superficial curiosity on all sides that can be fairly offensive.

I'll say this: I was an adolescent in the 60s and it's WAY better than it was back then.

14. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I don't think I'd date a 'dude' of any colour, as to me a 'dude' sounds like a gangster and I'm not into gangsters.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hilarious. He'll be like, "Yo, Cindy. Lets get it On!" lol.

2. Colebabie profile image59
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really? It makes me think of a stoned surfer... which I've already dated smile

15. Starscream profile image57
    Starscreamposted 14 years ago

Who wouldn't want to date a Celebri-dent.
    Im pretty sure everyone associated with MSNBC (man or woman, black or white) would give their own lives to climb into bed with the guy.

But seriously. There are just as many people out there who will date for race, as there are people who will vote for race.

16. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I don't think it is a race issue, so much as a culture issue.  It is a prejudice issue.  I have heard the distinction of the term, "dude" and I think that is a good example.  One person's "gangsta" is another person's "stoned surfer". lol

17. mirandalloyd profile image59
    mirandalloydposted 14 years ago

As long as you're a human being, mature, want a steady, long-term relationship, and aren't a loser who likes "borrowing" money on a regular basis, I could care less about skin color. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)